[STABLE] The Tip.It Firefox Addon

Errdoth

Ohoho! Well then, to keep up with the competition, mine has been fixed as well. (I have to admit that, in the end, I adopted a similar method to yours, let java load really fast and then fire the addon, very clever :P )

Yeah, I just found out the applet doesn't like changes to the HTML and delayed those by 1 second. Pretty easy. Good job on the add-on.

I saw that you use special tip.it pages for calcs and stuff. Well, saves you a lot of work of having to put all the calc scripts on the add-on.

I'd like to ask you if I'm allowed to use these pages on my add-on (with proper credits and such so everyone knows they're using a tip.it page). If you have anything against that, (even if it's just that you fear my add-on getting better than yours MWAHAHAHA :twisted: *cough*) no worries... My add-on will have to live without skill calcs/planners and whatnot as I'm not feeling like creating the xp database and managing it everytime there is a new way to get experience on any single skill. :wall: I'd prefer having a link to tip.it's calc/planner page in the "Links" button :P

Btw, you should change your add-on's include to http://world*.runescape.com/* else it'll be executed in all pages and give an exception (doesn't give any visible warning tough)

art_crazy.png

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that you use special tip.it pages for calcs and stuff.

Btw, you should change your add-on's include to http://world*.runescape.com/* else it'll be executed in all pages and give an exception (doesn't give any visible warning tough)

I'm not in a position to answer that, you'd have to ask an admin. :|

And yeah, I noticed that as well, and it's been fixed. :P

You need firefox 3 to install it says, I like 2.0.0.14, cause I have tons of add-ons not compatible with ff3.

Also, SwiftKit works fine for me, if you want to use tip.it, just go to the browser window thing, and add tip.it to the list. Also RuneScape runs better with SwiftKit.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

Also RuneScape runs better with SwiftKit.
This statement is unsubstantiated.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Remove Jagex bar and implement new search tab which pops up a little KB search facility

o.O, clever.

newestzx2.th.png

yey ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

anyway, does anyone have info on how to get this for firefox 2?

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

I got one more question, is it gonna be fixed so that we don't have to keep restarting our browser and enabling and disabling the add on until it finally works?

Errdoth has already stated it is fixed and will come when he does the next update.

It's not that much trouble. I have already released the fix for my add-on too.

art_crazy.png

I got one more question, is it gonna be fixed so that we don't have to keep restarting our browser and enabling and disabling the add on until it finally works?

Errdoth has already stated it is fixed and will come when he does the next update.

It's not that much trouble. I have already released the fix for my add-on too.

Ah okay thanks, and I'll keep using the official Tip.it Add On :)

xxteargodxx.png

Are you sure it isn't against the rules to remove that Jagex bar thing?

I'm note entirely sure, tbh. I'm going to message them asap and find out. If it's not okay, then it'll be put back, no harm done. (enjoy it well it lasts, lol)

I want to inform Errdoth that I can't look up stats with his addon, but I also don't want to post on TIF :D

This has been fixed. Ctrl + F5 the Runescape page if it's not working for you.

I downloaded the Beta (I think it was the beta) on monday. Now I want the new version but can't figure out how to Download it. Should I uninstall my old version first? The Greasemonkey script doesn't do anything to my knowledge just shows info about it. and the source code downloads a file I had previously downloaded. Help!

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

[hide=More info]UPDATE 16.08~ Changes: New interface, (woohoo!) stat lookup, treasure trail coordinates thingy, and separation of calculator and bestiary.

Note: This application is in early, early, beta. It is still, however, fully functional, and there really isn't a lot of room for bugs (Please lemme know if you find some, though :P) After some feedback, I'll begin to expand this to include other areas of the site. (Calcs and Planners are my first priority) Also: This does not work in full screen (blah) and ONLY works for Firefox 2.0+

Another note: If java isn't working with the addon enabled, disable it, restart firefox and let runescape load, and then re-enable it and restart firefox. (Thanks monkeybeast0!)

SO! This is basically a "light" version of various areas of the site that are tossed into the Runescape game window (For all you lazy folk that don't want to tab back to the main site) The technical term is "iframe."

In all honestly it should be able to explain itself with some pictures.

newinterfacefi1.png

Try it out for yourselves and let me know what you think!

•  
    [*:1cg18pm3]
http://beta.tip.it/addon/816/tipitmicrohelper.xpi [sELF-EXTRACTING]

[*:1cg18pm3]http://beta.tip.it/addon/816/source.zip [sOURCE]

[*:1cg18pm3]http://beta.tip.it/addon/816/tipitmicrohelper.user.js [GREASEMONKEY SCRIPT]

[/hide]

this is really cool and useful

~Mithruler1~

bf795a1a72.png

MSSW4TI.png

MSSW4Banner.gif

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

CLICK! CLICK!

Grand exchange facility would be awesome

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

When I try to use this, and I click on a tab, it loads the information, but does not display it. The runescape page "covers it up," and if I click on the area where it should be, nothing happens.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I use firefox 3 or mac os x?

Or is it a bug?

[hide=quotes]

You are like a three legged cat. Everyone hates you and thinks you are ugly until, one day, they realize that you're cuter than all of the other cats. And you're fluffy too. I'm so glad I petted you.

I've always wondered: If there's offensive language, than there should be Defensive Language. But I've never encountered it. If it does exist, what would it entail? Being painstakingly polite in such a manner that infuriates another?
[/hide]sudokupsycho.png