[STABLE] The Tip.It Firefox Addon

Errdoth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I try to use this, and I click on a tab, it loads the information, but does not display it. The runescape page "covers it up," and if I click on the area where it should be, nothing happens.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I use firefox 3 or mac os x?

Or is it a bug?

I get the same thing on my mac os x. The bars are there, you click them and it glitches and goes straight behind it and you cant get to it. Im guessing its jsut a glitch on mac

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

When I try to use this, and I click on a tab, it loads the information, but does not display it. The runescape page "covers it up," and if I click on the area where it should be, nothing happens.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I use firefox 3 or mac os x?

Or is it a bug?

I get the same thing on my mac os x. The bars are there, you click them and it glitches and goes straight behind it and you cant get to it. Im guessing its jsut a glitch on mac

Yeah, I use a mac and I get the same thing too.

Amaranth_GTO.png

This is a good Addon, though it must have a few kinks that need ironing out. My firefox window crashed quite a few times, like 5 times or something like that due to it. Though it's nice to have those options easily available while playing.

xxteargodxx.png

Asking again, because I'm pretty sure noone answered my last post:

Can you make this compatible with firefox 2.0.0.14?

every time I go to install it this message pops up:

• [bETA] Tip.It-MicroHelper 1.3 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 2.0.0.14. ([bETA] Tip.It-MicroHelper 1.3 will only work with Firefox versions from 2.0.0.* to 3.*

This is word for word, and does not deter what-so-ever from the error message.

Thanks if you can get this working, if not I'll just keep to SK.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

Asking again, because I'm pretty sure noone answered my last post:

Can you make this compatible with firefox 2.0.0.14?

every time I go to install it this message pops up:

• [bETA] Tip.It-MicroHelper 1.3 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 2.0.0.14. ([bETA] Tip.It-MicroHelper 1.3 will only work with Firefox versions from 2.0.0.* to 3.*

This is word for word, and does not deter what-so-ever from the error message.

Thanks if you can get this working, if not I'll just keep to SK.

The file on the website here should work fine for firefox 2. (If you can get there :/)

my firefox 3.0.1 don't even recognise the XPI file

Go to File, click Open File, and paste http://tip.it/runescape/addon/1-3/tipitmicrohelper.xpi in the box.

Also: It looks like there is a problem with macs, I don't really have enough access to a mac to do any debugging work on one, if someone wants to help me debug it, please send me a PM.

Awesome. I absolutely love it.

Works like a champ on Firefox 3.

Edit: I use Linux. Downloaded the file, then just clicked on Tools on browser, clicked on Add-ons, then I just dragged it into the add-ons box and it installed. That simple for anyone wondering.

in4F.gif

Seems to work decently, will take it on a test-trip on my own HD Fullscreen opt (Resizeable + Browser Full Screen is better, since the applet doesn't suicide if I try access another thing.)

Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention what version of FF it works with, I'm assuming you still backtracked so it works with FF2, not only FF3? (Didn't want to bother trolling through 9 pages of comments.)

After checking what .xpi was (i'm not as much of a techhead) on filext.com, it simply said FireFox extension (or something along those lines.) I just dragged the .xpi file to my browser and voila, done. (You really should mention that in the main post)

[hide=Small quote tree]

Its taking ages to load the Java applet with it on.. . . . I tried the disble -> run -> enable. . . . back to IE.

Delete it and reinstall. Report back here with results.

Son of a. . . . . . :x your right :oops:

DELETETHIS.png

[/hide]

:) , Always feels good to be right. Enjoy the add-on and Firefox, both are very convenient.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I really should look into this, seeing as how for some reason Swiftkit Always crashes now when I load it up and if on the rare occasion it doesn't, It will not load RS in HD for me. :evil:

Maybe I overlooked it or something but does this have the ability to take / make / post screenshots in the same or similiar fashion to that in which Swiftkit has? If so then this surely looks like they way I will go for now. If not, then perhaps its something you can look into adding on as you go along with this.

However, from what I am seeing so far and the responses people have made, it looks like you have yourself quite the solid add on right here.

Congrats on a job well done. =D>

~DRUM

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]