[STABLE] The Tip.It Firefox Addon

Errdoth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The calculators and planner aren't working for me. The window opens and when I make a selection, it has at the bottom of the screen "waiting for tip.it", but nothing happens. The rest works great though.

The main Tip.it site is having some problems [Removed innapropriate language ~nje03], so you may have some trouble using a lot of the tools on this add-on.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Anyone having problems loading RuneScape with the add on? For some reason it's not working for me.

EDIT: That was weird, it wasn't loading and it won't load normally when I try and run runescape in firefox. It's now only working when I disable it, reload rs in a new browser and enable it again.

xxteargodxx.png

Anyone having problems loading RuneScape with the add on? For some reason it's not working for me.

EDIT: That was weird, it wasn't loading and it won't load normally when I try and run runescape in firefox. It's now only working when I disable it, reload rs in a new browser and enable it again.

I just had a problem with the applet (rs one.) I think the certificate for the RS applet got updated, hence the cache wasn't recognised.

I simply just turned the add-on off, went back to RS, clicked "Always" for the applet allowance and then just re-enabled the add-on. RS is working for me now.

Some people should read forum updates and suggestions more often.

This was unstickied because there was too much bloat on stickies in general, not because it is now unsupported.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This should be a fairly simple add-on, but a "value calculator" so that once you look up an item you can enter a amount and it will tell you the value using the min/avg/max prices.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

• 1 month later...

The Tip.It Microhelper is really useful and is a great addition, but only two things I would change if I could.

1) When it's minimised there is no need to tell us that it is so I think instead of:

10nal9f.png

It should be: 292lpco.png

This would save some space, which is what we all want!

2) While it is possible this might not work on some people's screen sizes it would be nice if it did:

[hide=Picture of what I would like (rough)]14allac.png[/hide]

Please note that the picture is missing three buttons, g.e, stats and items db. My computer kept acting odd so I couldn't finish it properly but you get the idea. Items db would go on top of Planners and Stats and G.E would go on top of the search bar. Also please remember I haven't deleted the old layout because Paint.net kept crashing!)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to change where the bar goes? I personally am not a fan of the bar positioning so if it can be moved, please explain how.

Also, is it possible to add any kind of IRC function into this? Maybe if using the low detail, it could be positioned in the black space below the Runescape window, although for high detail it would not be as easy.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

IDK if anybody else has thought of this or how hard it would be to do but does anybody think it would be useful to be able to use the quest help link within the game to open tip.it in a new tab leading directly to that quest help page? I'm not sure how this could be accomplished from the programming standpoint most efficiently but I think it would be useful for the end-user.

nugeto5.png

I've gotten the GreaseMonkey one; it's awesome. Replaced the normal Kb search bar, which was nice. ;) I personally didn't even notice this was stickied? I only saw it today among the other threads..

Many thanks to the guys that have brought it to us! =D>

RIP Michaelangelopolous