Errdoth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Lots o' quotes]
nvm, I thought that it only worked for 2.0 until I saw the little +. :oops:

I thought that this meant it would work for firefox 3

I have 3.0.1 - and, despite your little trick to get it to work, still doesnt work.

What isn't working? Are you having the same problem as laura and warrior?

The screen area becomes white, and the java logo pops up, with the little loading bar - except it never loads, and it never came up before. It just hangs while loading the applet.

Disable it, restart firefox, then reenable it. Problem solved.

You dont understand, I DID do that, thats what I meant by 'your little trick' and it still does not work.

[/hide]

Delete the addon completely -> redownload and install -> report back. Treat computer programs like a wireless router, if they start acting up on you "unplug" them and "plug" them back in.

Iv done that. Whats worked for me so far is the disable, refresh, enable, refresh trick. But, eh, I just dont like it. Sometimes the tabs get stuck open, and start flashing in and out of the applet periodically. Sometimes it adds scrollbars that dont need to be there. But, for those who want to use it, go for it.

Id look into removing the jagex toolbar too.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

everyone is saying its great but i dont think its so great

it would look much better if it was only as wide as the rs window not the full screen. like when playing on low detail it just looks ugly.

I don't think this addon is meant for low detail, though I'm sure with time there will be one for low detail.. As for people having problems with bugs, flickering, and installing your going to have to remember this is in early beta.(don't know why it says beta ended, theres still quite a few bugs to work out and errdoth hasn't released a version since the last beta one.)

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Someone should convert that thing to Opera, some people are using that.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

There seems to be a problem with the Hunter Calculator. It doesn't show the things I'll need to catch to get a certain level, and when i click tip me it just wants me to select calculator again.

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

everyone is saying its great but i dont think its so great

it would look much better if it was only as wide as the rs window not the full screen. like when playing on low detail it just looks ugly.

I don't think this addon is meant for low detail, though I'm sure with time there will be one for low detail.. As for people having problems with bugs, flickering, and installing your going to have to remember this is in early beta.(don't know why it says beta ended, theres still quite a few bugs to work out and errdoth hasn't released a version since the last beta one.)

It does *work* in low detail, but yes, it is a bit cluttered. I'm going to be toying with ways of getting everything pretty in low detail in a bit. The main point of the beta was to see if I could generate interest, and see what needs to be improved. The flickering and installing seem pertinent to any application that messes with a java applet, ArtCrazy's user script does it too (the installing part, not sure about the flashing) :/

The reason I haven't released another version is that the new(est) one is ready and waiting to be released on the site (should be within the next few days) and since this version has an update system in place, and I'll be able to keep updating it while having it "tested" by a much larger audience than on these forums. (I think I mentioned this before, if not: Unless the addon is in the mozilla database or uses some weird bit of crypto, I can't use firefox's built in updater)

There's still a lot of work to be done, yes, but think of it like a google-style perpetual beta: constant updates aimed at making it better than it already is. :P

(Unrelated, but the newest (stable) version has a little input box for quick stat lookup :P)

Put simply: It's not done, but it's at a point where it works well enough to let everybody who doesn't use the forums have a go. Hey, they might even end up finding new bugs....yay! :wall:

There seems to be a problem with the Hunter Calculator. It doesn't show the things I'll need to catch to get a certain level, and when i click tip me it just wants me to select calculator again.

I've noticed, crafting does it as well. It's being looked into. :|

Someone should convert that thing to Opera, some people are using that.

I think I mentioned this before as well: The hack I used to get the data to appear over the applet doesn't work in opera, so neither does the addon :/

This looks really great, but I install it on my computer. Can anybody help me do so?

EDIT: Got it :-# .

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I added in this extension and I must say, I love it the only thing I dislike about it is the whole having to disable it restart my firefox let rs load and enable it and restart again just to make it work. I really do hope you can fix that asap, that is quite annoying.

xxteargodxx.png

Remove Jagex bar and implement new search tab which pops up a little KB search facility

searchtaboh9.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The flickering and installing seem pertinent to any application that messes with a java applet, ArtCrazy's user script does it too (the installing part, not sure about the flashing) :/

If by the installing part you mean deactivating, refreshing and reactivating the script, yes that happens. About flashing, if you mean flickering I've never experienced any flickering with my script...

art_crazy.png

How precisely do you install this on mac os x, if it works there?

(any of the three is fine)

*hopes that it's mac os compatible* :pray:

[hide=quotes]

You are like a three legged cat. Everyone hates you and thinks you are ugly until, one day, they realize that you're cuter than all of the other cats. And you're fluffy too. I'm so glad I petted you.

I've always wondered: If there's offensive language, than there should be Defensive Language. But I've never encountered it. If it does exist, what would it entail? Being painstakingly polite in such a manner that infuriates another?
[/hide]sudokupsycho.png

I found a way to make you're Firefox screen a little bit smaller to give you extra space for RuneScape Full Screen in the browser. I'll explain below, it seems to be working great for me.

Compact Menu 2 - You need this to compact your Firefox Menu aka (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help) all into one.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4550

After you install the extension, right-click on the Menubar and choose "Customize". You should then see a "Compact Menu" button, drag that and place it anywhere you feel appropriate on you're Firefox screen and click Done. After that to conserve some space, right-click and uncheck Menubar to remove it and uncheck Bookmarks Toolbar that removes the spaces for them leaving your Firefox window with more room.

Here below is a Screenshot of my Firefox window :)

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 002dr7.png

xxteargodxx.png

Remove Jagex bar and implement new search tab which pops up a little KB search facility

o.O, clever.

newestzx2.th.png

For Mac Firefox, I'd imaging it'd be the same installation process? Save to disk, then File -> Open file in firefox and open the tipitmicrohelper.xpi file, if you can't get to the installation prompt by clicking on the link.

About bugs, like if certain items or monsters aren't being pulled up from their respective databases, should we report them by posting them here? Or is that most likely going to be fixed within the next update?

Nope, they'll all be fixed when it get's released on the main site. (pretty soon, hopefully) It's using an older version of the database on the testing server, so everything is a bit outdated.

For Mac Firefox, I'd imaging it'd be the same installation process? Save to disk, then File -> Open file in firefox and open the tipitmicrohelper.xpi file, if you can't get to the installation prompt by clicking on the link.

When I try to do this, it lets me start the install, but then gives me this error message:

ErrorFirefox could not install the file at

file:///Users/[myname]/Desktop/tipitmicrohelper.xpi

because: Unexpected installation error

Review the Error Console log for more details.

I checked the error console and found nothing that seemed related to this.

EDIT: I can open it with firefox, the problem is when it asks if I want to install the addon. I click yes, then it gives the error message, not when I try to download it.

EDIT2: CHatzilla won't update, and some other addons are messed up too. Maybe something's just messing all of it up?

EDIT3: When I click on one of the tabs, nothing happens, until I resize the screen, then I see the help thing for a second, before the runescape page covers it. What's happening? It's like runescape is deciding that it has priority over the add-on in that particular area.

[hide=quotes]

You are like a three legged cat. Everyone hates you and thinks you are ugly until, one day, they realize that you're cuter than all of the other cats. And you're fluffy too. I'm so glad I petted you.

I've always wondered: If there's offensive language, than there should be Defensive Language. But I've never encountered it. If it does exist, what would it entail? Being painstakingly polite in such a manner that infuriates another?
[/hide]sudokupsycho.png

When I try to do this, it lets me start the install, but then gives me this error message:

ErrorFirefox could not install the file at

file:///Users/[myname/Desktop/tipitmicrohelper.xpi

because: Unexpected installation error

Review the Error Console log for more details.

Huh..try clicking the link again and when it says Open With, select firefox (you many need to click browse and go to your firefox executable, I have no idea where that is on a mac :| ) and then click okay. That's weird :/

About bugs, like if certain items or monsters aren't being pulled up from their respective databases, should we report them by posting them here? Or is that most likely going to be fixed within the next update?

Nope, they'll all be fixed when it get's released on the main site. (pretty soon, hopefully) It's using an older version of the database on the testing server, so everything is a bit outdated.

Ah okay, no problem. Are you adding in a Grand Exchange search feature? Like where can search the Grand Exchange database to get info on items like how RuneScape displays it? You know with it's increases and decreases, current prices for the past 5 to 30 days and such?

Also would it be possible to add a feature for Screen Capturing that way we can take a Screenshot within the browser?

xxteargodxx.png

Ah okay, no problem. Are you adding in a Grand Exchange search feature? Like where can search the Grand Exchange database to get info on items like how RuneScape displays it? You know with it's increases and decreases, current prices for the past 5 to 30 days and such?

Also would it be possible to add a feature for Screen Capturing that way we can take a Screenshot within the browser?

GE Prices are in the works for the current items database, and when they're done for that they'll be in this one too. As for screenshot/screen capture, I know you can do it in java, I'm just not sure how (never done any java before :/) I'm going to read into it though, see if it's practical.

Edit: Artcrazy, I'm not sure if that was directed at myself or not, but I'm aware of that. I've only recently read about it being done in java, but have no idea if it's at all possible or practical within an extension.

Oh yeah I'm not sure if it is allowed or not, but I found a firefox add on that works to remove the Jagex Bar at the top of the RuneScape page. I'm not using it myself but I know it works.

Nuke Anything Enhanced

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/951

That add on you can use to remove pretty much anything from a web page.

xxteargodxx.png

Oh yeah I'm not sure if it is allowed or not, but I found a firefox add on that works to remove the Jagex Bar at the top of the RuneScape page. I'm not using it myself but I know it works.

Nuke Anything Enhanced

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/951

That add on you can use to remove pretty much anything from a web page.

I prefer Platypus (also another add-on to make greasemonkey scripts). Used it for a while to remove the jagex bar, but then decided to make my add-on and made it also remove that bar.

Edit: Artcrazy, I'm not sure if that was directed at myself or not, but I'm aware of that. I've only recently read about it being done in java, but have no idea if it's at all possible or practical within an extension.

Yes, it was directed at you. I thought you were going to add it to the Greasemonkey script, but yes if you have it converted into Java it is possible. Forgot you had converted your extension into an .xpi, I for example just release the Userscript.

Btw, in case you haven't noticed I've been able to fix the "not loading" bug in my script.

art_crazy.png

Btw, in case you haven't noticed I've been able to fix the "not loading" bug in my script.

Ohoho! Well then, to keep up with the competition, mine has been fixed as well. (I have to admit that, in the end, I adopted a similar method to yours, let java load really fast and then fire the addon, very clever :P )

Also! The latest version looks good in low detail as well, the windows now appear outside of the Runescape game window, instead of trying to fit in it. At the moment, all I'm waiting on is for this latest update to be uploaded to the server, and then for someone to review the download page I've made \'

Screenshot of the stable version:

latestkv6.th.png