[STABLE] The Tip.It Firefox Addon

Errdoth

Thanks a bunch works now and it's really nice :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jesus Christ, can't you just admit that you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not wrong.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since i installed it, runescape wont load.

It just shows a white screen... -.-

Disable the addon, restart firefox, let runescape load, then enable the addon, and it should work fine :/

Bumping this for version 1.3! New interface, stat lookups, and treasure trails!

Sweet, works good now. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Three suggestions

1. a regular calculator

2. clue maps, puzzles, ect

3. If it could remember your username

So far everything works great and looks good, the interface is simple and easy to use. I Recommend it for anyone who plays Runescape for more than 5 minutes at a time. I've already deleted SwiftKit. :thumbup:

Great work Errdoth.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Great work.

Here are some suggestions:

The top-right button for Tip it is good, but I think it should be open in another tab, imagine if you miss click it while at Jad. :|

Stat Lookup could also show the exp.

After I lookup one user I can't compare other users, is this a bug or is it me?

Maybe a usefull links tab with links to quest, diaries, skill, TT, etc guides that would open in another tab.

Oh and a screenie button, where you would take a screenie and have the lovely tip it logo in the place non interfering to the pic (like SK has).

These are my suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to reading them.

2525_s.gif

Cooking 99 - 25th January '08

All Quests - 23rd August '08

'

Dragon Drops (3)

Barrows Items (7)

'

619_Cj

[nando*]

Three suggestions

1. a regular calculator

2. clue maps, puzzles, ect

3. If it could remember your username

So far everything works great and looks good, the interface is simple and easy to use. I Recommend it for anyone who plays Runescape for more than 5 minutes at a time. I've already deleted SwiftKit. :thumbup:

Great work Errdoth.

Number one was something I was thinking about doing, and it'll be looked into.

Number two, I'm not really sure how well I'll be able to size down the rest of the treasure trails guide, but I'll look into that, too.

Number three, it should be doing anyway (if you're talking about calcs and planners). The cookie is being stored, so I dunno what's wrong. It works fine for me :/

Great work.

Here are some suggestions:

The top-right button for Tip it is good, but I think it should be open in another tab, imagine if you miss click it while at Jad. :|

Stat Lookup could also show the exp.

After I lookup one user I can't compare other users, is this a bug or is it me?

Maybe a usefull links tab with links to quest, diaries, skill, TT, etc guides that would open in another tab.

Oh and a screenie button, where you would take a screenie and have the lovely tip it logo in the place non interfering to the pic (like SK has).

These are my suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to reading them.

The first has been fixed and is scheduled for the next stable version.

The second will be added soon, too.

I think it might be just you. To get back to the original screen you can click the little tipit logo next to the username box.

The third sounds like a good idea :)

Fourth is a bit tricky to do, tricky enough to the point of frivolity, IMO (I'm not a java person).

I'm currently working on getting everything prepared for release on the main site, as the stable build has an update system, so it'll be easier to develop it. (yay!)

[hide=Update Screen]updateny2.png[/hide]

So, unless I come across some serious problem that's going to delay release, thanks to everyone who participated in the beta, and thanks for all the comments, ideas, bugs, and compliments! :thumbsup:

Wow man, that is really, really awesome. I love how simple, yet effective it is, and the way it over lays on the actual runescape screen.

Thanks a bunch man, and some seriously great work there XD

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

New problem has come up. :cry:

Every time i turn off an add-on to firefox, it wants me to restart firefox.

When i click the reset firefox button, runescape doesnt load.

When the add-on is off, runescape loads.

*confused* :?

Here's what i did.

Pull up RS with the Add-On ENABLED. When it dosen't load turn off the Add-on and refresh the page. RS should load, then just trun the Add-on back on. It should work without having to restart Firefox, but i have yet to close Firefox and reload RS. So im not sure if its a perminate solution.

Art Crazy released an addon with the same purpose, but I like this one a lot better. One thing that his does that this one doesn't: gets rid of the Jagex bar. It's legal within Jagex's rules, and would reduce the space that this addon takes up. Also, I doubt many Tip.Iters ever use the bar anyway.

Just a suggestion.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Here's what i did.

Pull up RS with the Add-On ENABLED. When it dosen't load turn off the Add-on and refresh the page. RS should load, then just trun the Add-on back on. It should work without having to restart Firefox, but i have yet to close Firefox and reload RS. So im not sure if its a perminate solution.

THANK YOU.

First I had laura's problem of the false and mixed up tabs, this morning it solved itself, but Runescape wouldn't load.

Now, does this thing auto-update itself?

First I had laura's problem of the false and mixed up tabs, this morning it solved itself, but Runescape wouldn't load.

Now, does this thing auto-update itself?

Solution to laura's problem is to Ctrl+F5 and refresh the page :)

The beta doesn't, no, but the stable version has one in place (see my post at the top of the page). I couldn't use the updater that's built into firefox because it needs the addon to either be in the mozilla database or use some weird bit of crypto for the actual update.

I like the add-on a lot.

But, I accidently clicked the tip.it logo twice in the stat lookup and it went to items search. Now it's sort of like I have two items database tabs. Is there any way to fix the stat lookup tab?

Ctrl+F5 to refresh it.

Art Crazy released an addon with the same purpose, but I like this one a lot better. One thing that his does that this one doesn't: gets rid of the Jagex bar. It's legal within Jagex's rules, and would reduce the space that this addon takes up. Also, I doubt many Tip.Iters ever use the bar anyway.

Just a suggestion.

I can has link? I suppose I could get rid of it, but I dunno, I'll think about it :P

nvm, I thought that it only worked for 2.0 until I saw the little +. :oops:

I thought that this meant it would work for firefox 3

I have 3.0.1 - and, despite your little trick to get it to work, still doesnt work.

What isn't working? Are you having the same problem as laura and warrior?

The screen area becomes white, and the java logo pops up, with the little loading bar - except it never loads, and it never came up before. It just hangs while loading the applet.

Disable it, restart firefox, then reenable it. Problem solved.

You dont understand, I DID do that, thats what I meant by 'your little trick' and it still does not work.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

[hide=Lots o' quotes]

nvm, I thought that it only worked for 2.0 until I saw the little +. :oops:

I thought that this meant it would work for firefox 3

I have 3.0.1 - and, despite your little trick to get it to work, still doesnt work.

What isn't working? Are you having the same problem as laura and warrior?

The screen area becomes white, and the java logo pops up, with the little loading bar - except it never loads, and it never came up before. It just hangs while loading the applet.

Disable it, restart firefox, then reenable it. Problem solved.

You dont understand, I DID do that, thats what I meant by 'your little trick' and it still does not work.

[/hide]

Delete the addon completely -> redownload and install -> report back. Treat computer programs like a wireless router, if they start acting up on you "unplug" them and "plug" them back in.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

It all opens fine, few problems i've noticed though.

The "launch calcs and planners" Option only features Calculators, no planners and also no special calculators.

The Bestiary option doesn't find certain monsters, i.e. Aviansies.

All said and done its still pretty useful :)

IamIronMan_I.png

Would be more awesome if the RS search bar could be implemented into it and then removed from the top so that space isnt used up and thus shrinking the game window.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Here's a pic and a link to what Art did. All it does is remove the Jagex bar. I think he has the code posted, so you could probably just add it to yours. :thumbsup:

Would be more awesome if the RS search bar could be implemented into it and then removed from the top so that space isnt used up and thus shrinking the game window.

^ I totally agree.

[hide=Big Image]f2popentools.jpg[/hide]

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=757485

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3