Let's talk jeans.

Erk02

I am 6'4" with monster workhorse thighs that are perfect for drumming and hockey. No way in hell I could ever wear the skinnys haha. It's all about the boot-cut.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone worn sevens, true religion, rockin republic, etc.? im thinking it might just be orange county's high poser population that worships these $400 jeans.

these are basically levi's that have been acid-washed and torn up.

im thinking of starting my own jean company. i will hire about, 500 people to begin with. then i will buy them all levi's and remove the tags. for about a month my employees will wear their jeans nonstop and never wash them. once they are dirty, faded, and torn i will slap a brandname on it and pawn it off to kids in orange county for $300 a pair.

Levi's I think are the most bland of jeans, most I see are just one shade the whole way through and have no style, the exact reason why the only people I see wearing them are 35+.

I think label Jeans are stupid, there's no difference in the fabric, if there is it's not noticeable, no ones is going to think I'm cool or hot just because I'm wearing a label, and most label Jeans you can buy for about 30 - 40 Euro in your local mainstreet store.

Topman and Pullandbear do some pretty amazing jeans, that's where I buy all mine.

Levi's I think are the most bland of jeans, most I see are just one shade the whole way through and have no style, the exact reason why the only people I see wearing them are 35+.

I think label Jeans are stupid, there's no difference in the fabric, if there is it's not noticeable, no ones is going to think I'm cool or hot just because I'm wearing a label, and most label Jeans you can buy for about 30 - 40 Euro in your local mainstreet store.

Topman and Pullandbear do some pretty amazing jeans, that's where I buy all mine.

That's the point of jeans. They were made to be cheap working pants for miners in the 1850's.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I am quite a fashionista, and obsessed with jeans. I probably have over 20 pairs that I wear daily.

I have 7 raw denims, 4 of those are at least 7 months old not washed, and i'm going to wash them in October, and the other three are fairly new, about 2 months old.

I'm a huge fan of APC and Nudies. Great soft material, and I like the very dark denim they have. Speaking of dark denim, my Uniqlos are so dark, that light reflects off of the navy blue, its awesome. I have like 2 Cheap Mondays, lime and white, but I hardly wear them because its not winter yet and doesn't look good with my summer/fall clothes. I freaking love my Sevens and Luckies. They make great slim fits with a high rise. But I hardly wear them anymore because i'm trying to get awesome fades on my Raws.

Then the rest of my jeans are either from Express Mens, Levi's 511, or Armani Exchange. They're alright, some I regret buying because they have this nasty acid wash.

Now my most expensive and soft, and [bleep]ing awesome pair are my SS07 Dior Homme Super Slenders. Good god, it feels like I have nothing on. The denim, is very, very, very soft. I bought it retail for 350USD, but I had a gift card and got about 90 bucks off. So the total came up to be about 260USD, which is an amazing deal. Diors usually run around for 300-600USD.

Yeah, jeans are great, and if you think they're unfashionable when they have a straight color, you have no sense in fashion. Light fades are tacky and look like [cabbage].

And I also wear Linen pants, comfortable and have a professional look to them. They look great when you have bright colors for your shirts.

But yeah, I think i've spent around 2000USD on jeans. But I work hard, and I save up part of my paychecks for these things. When I was a teen my parents never bought me any clothes, so I buy them myself. But yeah, I go jean shopping when ever i'm back in Ginza, Tokyo.

You sir, are looking at the wrong Levis. the 510's and 511s are completely stunning for their price of about 20euros.

"I think label Jeans are stupid, there's no difference in the fabric, if there is it's not noticeable, no ones is going to think I'm cool or hot just because I'm wearing a label, and most label Jeans you can buy for about 30 - 40 Euro in your local mainstreet store."

Are you [bleep]ing kidding me? No difference in the fabric? Have you ever worn or touched 150+ euro jeans? Yes, it is very noticeable, people who have a sense of fashion will know right away what jeans and what designer you're wearing. No, you don't buy jeans for the label, you buy them for their material, fade, and fit. You buy them to compliment your body type and to help what looks good with a certain outfit or shirt. Fake washed and acid washes on jeans are disgusting, and look terrible. If you think they look good, you need a revision.

Bootcut is out, slim fit is in. If you're fat and can't fit into them, you are not fashionable.

EDIT:

OH RIGHT

Tipit, throw away your garbage jeans like Aeropostale, AE, A&F, Hollister, and etc... Also, throw away your cargo shorts and pants, they're [bleep]ing tacky. Quit wearing flipflops, learn to wear a nice pair of shoes.

dont get me started on jeans. living in southern california, i can tell you that any poser that thinks he is cool will be wearing Sevens, True Religions, Rocking Republics, etc. that are around $300-400 for a single pair.

It's [bleep] insane to pay $400 dollars for a pair of denim jeans.

Even quality Armani trousers and pants cost maybe $300 per piece, and those are hand-tailored in Italy with best possible cloth materials and professional workers. "True Religion" jeans are made in some Thai sweatshop which abuses kids and uses recycled materials.

Armani slacks are trash and they don't use 100% cotton. They use polyester fused crap which ends up killing the color of the slacks every time you iron.

Hand-tailored? So you're telling me those mass produced trousers are "tailored?" Right. If you want hand tailored, try Saville Row, Gucci, or Moroccan Republic. However these will cost you a fortune, because they truely are finely tailored to your measurements. These suits are beastly, I hope to own a Saville Row in the future. Burberry has some nice stuff for an affordable price range. Their jackets and blazers go for around 500USD and slacks for around 300. However its hard to find the quality stuff through the rough. There are a lot of pretty bad designs coming out of there. Right now they're focusing too much on the wrinkled look, which is absolutely hideous.

1260955552084-1.jpg

I am 6'4" with monster workhorse thighs that are perfect for drumming and hockey. No way in hell I could ever wear the skinnys haha. It's all about the boot-cut.

THAT made my day. I'm sorry, but I found it hilarious.

EDIT: Shin, make me. ;)

I loved bootcuts, but I always got a size bigger than I should have. Probably would have looked nicer. <_<

THAT made my day. I'm sorry, but I found it hilarious.

EDIT: Shin, make me. ;)

I loved bootcuts, but I always got a size bigger than I should have. Probably would have looked nicer. <_<

Lol, if I had the money to invest in people, I would totally make my own show for the benefit of poorly dressed individuals.

Bootcuts are nice, but when shopping, try to go one size lower, and make sure the rise is high. It makes your legs look longer and it hugs your butt area and around there. Girls love it, especially when you have a chiseled whatever. xD Yeah, go for dark shades of navy. The darker it is, the more formal and well dressed you look. Ripped and fake washes are a big no no.

1260955552084-1.jpg

I buy Aeropostale's shorts because tey're the only ones that don't throw their name in massive letters everywhere. >_< Relatively cheap, too.

I still prefer Levi's, but they're getting so hard to find.

I buy Aeropostale's shorts because tey're the only ones that don't throw their name in massive letters everywhere. >_< Relatively cheap, too.

Stop buying from Aeropostale. Go to places like H&M mens or American Apparel. You're going to find a lot more higher quality shorts and linen shorts for a cheaper price than Aeropostale. They also fit better and don't scream, "Pretentious frat boy."

Yeah, Levis are becoming rarer and rarer. They don't stock the 511s anymore. Its hard to find.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Stop buying from Aeropostale. Go to places like H&M mens or American Apparel. You're going to find a lot more higher quality shorts and linen shorts for a cheaper price than Aeropostale. They also fit better and don't scream, "Pretentious frat boy."

Yeah, Levis are becoming rarer and rarer. They don't stock the 511s anymore. Its hard to find.

I get 511's from Tillys.com. I actually need to buy a few more pairs. Great jeans, very comfortable.

I've never even heard of those stores >_<

I really prefer places like Kohl's, but they're getting expensive. Plus their store is a couple miles out of town.

myrvens(sp?) is having huge sales now that they are going partially out of business. they already have 40% off all their items and if you get a myrvens card you get an additional 30% off.

i think they are having a some kind of program where if you donate your used jeans they give you store credit or something. its for charity.

you can find levi's there for cheap.

myrvens(sp?) is having huge sales now that they are going partially out of business. they already have 40% off all their items and if you get a myrvens card you get an additional 30% off.

i think they are having a some kind of program where if you donate your used jeans they give you store credit or something. its for charity.

If they're going outta business then that is certainly not for charity, my friend. :o

You sir, are looking at the wrong Levis. the 510's and 511s are completely stunning for their price of about 20euros.

"I think label Jeans are stupid, there's no difference in the fabric, if there is it's not noticeable, no ones is going to think I'm cool or hot just because I'm wearing a label, and most label Jeans you can buy for about 30 - 40 Euro in your local mainstreet store."

Are you [bleep] kidding me? No difference in the fabric? Have you ever worn or touched 150+ euro jeans? Yes, it is very noticeable, people who have a sense of fashion will know right away what jeans and what designer you're wearing. No, you don't buy jeans for the label, you buy them for their material, fade, and fit. You buy them to compliment your body type and to help what looks good with a certain outfit or shirt. Fake washed and acid washes on jeans are disgusting, and look terrible. If you think they look good, you need a revision.

Bootcut is out, slim fit is in. If you're fat and can't fit into them, you are not fashionable.

EDIT:

OH RIGHT

Tipit, throw away your garbage jeans like Aeropostale, AE, A&F, Hollister, and etc... Also, throw away your cargo shorts and pants, they're [bleep] tacky. Quit wearing flipflops, learn to wear a nice pair of shoes.

Wow you sure have an Ego, and as a matter of fact I own 6 pairs of 150+ Jeans, most of the cheaper ones I buy feel very similar.

You do realise every country has it's own different form of fashion? I live in Ireland, completely different fashion to the stuff you're talking about, if I saw you in the type of Jeans you're talking about straight away I'd consider you unfashionable by the sounds of it.

How the [bleep] do you expect a common teenager to wear clothes costing 150 euro a piece? By the sounds of your "fashion sense" and arrogance I'm guessing you're one of "daddys little angel" types where you get all the money you need? Well the world doesn't work like that, how do you expect people to wear high end labels if they can't afford it? It's unrealistic and utter [cabbage].

Tip for you, get off your incredibly high horse, stop being a [bleep]ing sheep and wear your own style, not what others wear nor "what's in and what's out" [cabbage]. You quite obviously have no style if you wear the same as the crowd as it's not your style, you're copying it of the original creator. Individualism is humanities greatest trait, use it.

You read his post so incorrectly, kranked. :lol:

However, he does have a bit of an ego. But any straight man who knows [cabbage] about fashion probably does. It's a lost art.

i'm going to wash them in October

I'm sure it'll be quite the big day for you.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

If they're going outta business then that is certainly not for charity, my friend. :o

actually i just saw the commercial a few minutes ago while watching the olympics. if you take in used jeans they give you $5 off a new pair and they donate yours to the Salvation Army.

its actually a very good idea if they are going out of business. they get to sell many of their jeans that might have just sat on the shelves for months, and they also get a tax write-off for donating the used jeans to charity. the $5 markup they lose on new jeans is worth it.

Theres a shop called 'Factory shop' near me, its just a big warehouse with tons of clothes and odds and ends, most of the jeans are 'Crosshatch' jeans, usually about £10-20 ($20-40) Cheap for what they are, but they look so good. for that price im not bothered if they are low quality, but i havent worn anything but jeans for the lst few years, simply because they just look so stylish and have so many uses. I can wear them if im working outside, or if i'm going out to a club, they have so many different uses. And there so durable. Even in the odd occasion i get a rip in a pair, i can cut them to a pair of shorts or 3/4's.

Only problem i have with jeans is that i have shortish legs so i end up standing on about 2-3cm of jeans when i walk, which ends up ripping them and making them look really tatty at the ends.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Shin knows whats up.

I've only really got two pairs of jeans right now, Julian Red California Drowned I snagged on sale for something like $85 (http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/ite ... MENT_ID=38). They're unbelievably comfortable, have an amazing dye/color and look a lot better on me than they do on the guy in that picture. My other pair is some black/really dark blue boot cut pair I got from Old Navy for around $30. I really would like to get a pair of APC new standards but because of how much they stretch/vanity sizing I'm very hesitant to drop $130+ online for a pair that could fit badly.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

I wear ones that fit. And don't have holes or massive names on them. And I can afford without having to live off ramen.

Basically I'm like kranked. Only with less win.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Are you [bleep] kidding me? No difference in the fabric? Have you ever worn or touched 150+ euro jeans? Yes, it is very noticeable, people who have a sense of fashion will know right away what jeans and what designer you're wearing. No, you don't buy jeans for the label, you buy them for their material, fade, and fit. You buy them to compliment your body type and to help what looks good with a certain outfit or shirt. Fake washed and acid washes on jeans are disgusting, and look terrible. If you think they look good, you need a revision.

EDIT:

OH RIGHT

Tipit, throw away your garbage jeans like Aeropostale, AE, A&F, Hollister, and etc... Also, throw away your cargo shorts and pants, they're [bleep] tacky. Quit wearing flipflops, learn to wear a nice pair of shoes.

Wow you sure have an Ego, and as a matter of fact I own 6 pairs of 150+ Jeans, most of the cheaper ones I buy feel very similar.

You do realise every country has it's own different form of fashion? I live in Ireland, completely different fashion to the stuff you're talking about, if I saw you in the type of Jeans you're talking about straight away I'd consider you unfashionable by the sounds of it.

How the [bleep] do you expect a common teenager to wear clothes costing 150 euro a piece? By the sounds of your "fashion sense" and arrogance I'm guessing you're one of "daddys little angel" types where you get all the money you need? Well the world doesn't work like that, how do you expect people to wear high end labels if they can't afford it? It's unrealistic and utter [cabbage].

Tip for you, get off your incredibly high horse, stop being a [bleep] sheep and wear your own style, not what others wear nor "what's in and what's out" [cabbage]. You quite obviously have no style if you wear the same as the crowd as it's not your style, you're copying it of the original creator. Individualism is humanities greatest trait, use it.

Have you even read a single bit of my post earlier? I've earned every single [bleep]ing penny i've spent on my clothes. My parents didn't pay for [cabbage]. When I was a teen, all they every spent on me was my food, school supplies, and clothes until I was 15. And the clothes they bought me were from thrift stores, not anything fancy. When I was 15, I had to go out to get a job, so don't you [bleep]ing ever dare, tell me i'm a, "Daddy's Angel," or some [bleep]ing spoiled [cabbage] like that.

I have to agree with you, fashion is subjective, however I like to push my tastes on to people who I deem just plain ignorant, and your post seemed like so. I apologize for my rudeness.

There are many nice jeans that are affordable, and i'm not telling everyone to go out and buy those high end jeans, however it would be nice for everyone if they tried on very expensive jeans once in their life.

A [bleep]ing sheep? Are you seriously calling me a tool, even though you read though my entire post? How absent minded can you be? I don't buy articles of clothing just because Cole Mohr or whoever had worn it down the runway. I buy clothes based upon my own decision and aesthetics. There are certain outlines or guidelines in fashion, such as color clashes and appropriate times to wear certain articles of clothing or not. Anyways, you're bound to look like someone or a certain style sometimes, men's clothes are limited in choice so there isn't as much versatility as women's clothing. The reason why I like one fade and dark jeans are because it doesn't have that clashing wash or weird fades. I'm into very formal casual fashion, so its either slacks or dark jeans.

Individualism can also sometimes be mistaken as, "Hipster trash." Having your own style to no basic outlines makes you look like someone from Helsinki.

I'm sure it'll be quite the big day for you.

Indeed it will, I can't wait.

1260955552084-1.jpg