Racism has gone to far

RSBDavid

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, racism sure has gone too far, what with kids on rs spouting it. that's totally racism to the extreme.

how about complaining about how the KKK still exists, or stuff like that? you know, real racism?

Feh, because even if it was a couple of kids trying to get a reaction safely because they're hiding behind their masks, do you want them to succeed and go farther later on because this worked as they wanted it to?

This could easily lead to the real thing, it's best to discourage it early, eh?

yeah, racism sure has gone too far, what with kids on rs spouting it. that's totally racism to the extreme.

how about complaining about how the KKK still exists, or stuff like that? you know, real racism?

Feh, because even if it was a couple of kids trying to get a reaction safely because they're hiding behind their masks, do you want them to succeed and go farther later on because this worked as they wanted it to?

This could easily lead to the real thing, it's best to discourage it early, eh?

[sarcasm]yes, calling people names that are racist is going to make them kill said race[/sarcasm].

There is the chance, I'll admit it. But at that point, it's prevalent. Adults that are responsible would intervene.

This is basically just name calling, not death threats...

If the n-word basically just means "black" even with the twist of a derogatory implication, surely people can pretend on the internet that it's basically synonymous so saying "black" or "African-American." And if means more than just a derogatory form of "black", enlighten me. But if I were called a [bleep], I really wouldn't care because most of the time, name callers are calling other people names which they think of themselves. It just rolls off.

I'm not condoning what they did; that's just inexcusable. But saying that what they said is "extreme" racism or "a slippery slope" is going too far. Maybe I'm being naive, but that's what I think.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

A friend pmed me yesterday, and he was very upset because some kid made a swastika out of his fires. He told him to stop it, but the kid said, "I'm German that gives me the right."

[hide=Swastika]The swastika (from Sanskrit: svástika ) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles. The swastika can also be drawn as a traditional swastika, but with a second 90° bend in each arm.

Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period. An ancient symbol, it occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day India and the surrounding area, sometimes as a geometrical motif (as in the Roman Republic and Empire) and sometimes as a religious symbol. It was long widely used in major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Though once commonly used all over much of the world without stigma, because of its iconic usage in Nazi Germany, the symbol has become controversial in the Western world.[/hide]

The swastika itself is harmless and not even racist. Crazy Germans ruined it for the rest of us, and I don't see why people would even follow anything Hitler started today seeing as he was an Emo.

On Topic: Just some kids goofing off. You want real racism go to the real world, you know where it matters and effects society.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I agree though. If you call someone a name for calling you a name, it doesn't justify anything really, you just continue arguing and fighting. You might as well end the fight with something meaningful instead of a, "You suck leave me alone".

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Racism is hilarious until people start taking it seriously. Get over it. So your great great grandparents were oppressed or some stupid BS. Does it matter anymore? No. Everyone from that time is dead. Stuff like this doesnt happen anymore. What's that? 6 million Jews died during the events of WWII? Well, 20 million Russians died during the same time period. Admittedly, Stalin himself was responsible for a lot of that, but my point still stands. And yet, you never see Russians running around whining like little girls that the Germans oppressed us or something. Oh wait, it's because we're white. Only black people were ever "oppressed", amirite? Ignore the fact that is was mostly the chiefs of these African villages that actually sold their own villagers to the whites quite a bit of the time.

Sorry, I'm rambling now.

Racism is something that sould never happen and I hope those people were IP banned :shame: . Sadly though racism is everywere weather it be on RS or in real life. I find that in the game just ignore them, don't say anything (like "Reported"), and report them, they are just looking for attention. REMEBER it is all just words and its not likely you will ever run into them in real life or later in the game.

hernet0.png

Hernet0.png

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Those people are just pretending to be racists on the internet because they are white kids oppressed by other white kids irl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is racism an offence if practiced in RuneScape?

It's against rule 1 - offensive language

You must not use any language that could be considered offensive, racist, obscene or otherwise inappropriate. This includes swearing.

But as for drawing swastikas on the floor, it isn't.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Only blacks.

And, only in America are they offended by that crap.

It's been 150 years. Get over it.

:wall:

America really is the place where it's put in the spotlight., That's a far better place than in the shadows, isn't it?

It is not exclusively an American problem, as you really have pointed out.

Only blacks.

America really is the place where it's put in the spotlight., That's a far better place than in the shadows, isn't it?

Wrong. Go to any Muslim country and draw a picture of Mohammed, chances are if you aren't immediately stoned to death, there'll certainly be people out for your blood.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Only blacks.

Wrong. Go to any Muslim country and draw a picture of Mohammed, chances are if you aren't immediately stoned to death, there'll certainly be people out for your blood.

Ah, thank you for pointing that out.

Only blacks.

Ah, thank you for pointing that out.

Sorry, wasn't calling you wrong on the exclusive to America thing, I was referring to the "America really is the place where it's put in the spotlight". Just look at the whole deal with the Danish cartoon.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png