Lowering of the drinking age to 18

RSBDavid

What I still find quite amusing is how people are legally allowed to drive on the age of sixteen whilst they can only drink when they're twenty-one. Doesn't really make sense.

Evidence please.

Why would you need evidence for that? I think you misread.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I still find quite amusing is how people are legally allowed to drive on the age of sixteen whilst they can only drink when they're twenty-one. Doesn't really make sense.

Evidence please.

I didn't misread, I want evidence as to why this doesn't make sense.

Should they encourage people to go get their license the same day that they're going to be getting drunk for turning 21 :-s ?! 16 Seems like a great age.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Drinking age in the UK is 16 or 18 i can't really remember; but thats beside the point.

The point is, there are too many morons in the UK who get horribly drunk, and as a result of that, hospitals are too busy, and it inspires a whole culture of chavs.

So if i was America, i would keep the drinking age of 21. Or maybe go for middle ground and lower it to 20 and a half. \'

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Or maybe go for middle ground and lower it to 20 and a half. \'

No one correct him.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Evidence please.

I didn't misread, I want evidence as to why this doesn't make sense.

Should they encourage people to go get their license the same day that they're going to be getting drunk for turning 21 :-s ?! 16 Seems like a great age.

I don't think people at the age of 16 should be allowed to drive any sort of vehicle that could severely hurt people. An innocent beer at that age is far more appreciative then an adolescent in a fast-driving vehicle.

Opinion.

;>

The point is, there are too many morons in the UK who get horribly drunk, and as a result of that, hospitals are too busy, and it inspires a whole culture of chavs.

That is a disgusting comment.

'Chavs' are not a result of alcohol, the 'chav' social group is just like any other teenage social group - it's a group of people with common backgrounds attempting to find a common identity while they place themselves in the world around them. Those chavs will be the plumbers and builders of tomorrow, building and fixing the very hospitals that are getting crowded. It is not just a problem with chavs, so don't attempt to generalise the issue.

In fact, from what I personally saw on a night out on Saturday, it's actually mostly students in university that get drunk and end up in A&E anyway.

'Chavs' are not a result of alcohol, the 'chav' social group is just like any other teenage social group - it's a group of people with common backgrounds attempting to find a common identity while they place themselves in the world around them. Those chavs will be the plumbers and builders of tomorrow, building and fixing the very hospitals that are getting crowded. It is not just a problem with chavs, so don't attempt to generalise the issue.

Actually theyll be the layabouts with 4 children by their 18th birthday and sap the country via benefits while moaning they arent getting the respect or treatment they "deserve". Each of their spawn will also do the same as they know nothing better.

I do enjoy observing chavs. I used to go to school with a lot of them. The typical bunch of "Its only school, I dont care". They were quite happy to sit at the back of a lesson smoking, making snide comments about anyone in the room and objecting the moment theyre sent out of class with pleas of "BUT WE DINT DO NUFFINK MATE" falling on deaf ears. But a week or so after they left school, the look on their faces, their body language and general personality and appearance changed drastically. Its highly sadistic, but I liked it. They reaped what they sew. Unfortunately, they didnt know how to sew in the first place.

knkcopy.jpg

If they're the layabouts of tomorrow, does that make you the snob of tomorrow? Or is that the snob of today?

The vast majority of people tend to mature and out-grow the sort of phases they go through during adolescence.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

If they're the layabouts of tomorrow, does that make you the snob of tomorrow? Or is that the snob of today?

The vast majority of people tend to mature and out-grow the sort of phases they go through during adolescence.

Im the snob of always.

Of course they try to reform, everyone does eventually, but its generally too little too late.

Wow way to stereotype Cadburys.

In my opinion "Chavs" are probably some of the most hard working people in the UK, behind the Polish of course.

Made me lol.

This thread is beginning to derail, ill leave it at that before someone comes to tamper with it.

knkcopy.jpg

Also, prohibition will result in high priced, low quality liqour. The people making it will be more interested in profits than quality (just as it happened before). I would personally rather have high quality liqour at decent prices than to pay out the [wagon] for some nasty stuff.

Doesn't prohibition basically exist for 18-20 year olds? Those who obtain it illegally pay a lot more for worse quality. You took the wrong direction with where I was going. I don't mean if it's illegal for 18-20 YO's then it should be illegal for everyone else. I'm saying if it's legal for everyone above 21, and the only reason it is illegal for 18-20 because of fatalities, that doesn't seem to be the reason to ban it for the age group. Any age group that is allowed to drink alcohol will have increased fatalities, that's a given. The question is, at which age are they responsible for their own actions?

No. In alot of countries there is a binge drinking culture which just stretches security & police forces to the breaking point. This is kind of what is happening in England :|

If you're old enough to fight and die for your country in war you should be old enough to drink a beer. IMO same way as if you're old enough to vote for your country's head-of-state elections you should be hold enough to drink a beer.

I wouldn't care if the limit was changed. I never planned on drinking on my 18th or my 21st birthday at all. Not interested in drinking/smoking/drugs/etc. My life is fine without them, so why should I even bother?

So I guess it would be a good thing, it would make more people happy than sad.

wl7w9j.png