2nd of September 2008: Distractions and Diversions

Were

I didnt get 2 points for every penguin i caught because i ended up having 9 points at one point.

From the Knowledge Base article...

Because half of the penguin spies are in relatively easy locations to access, you will receive 1 point for each of these. The harder penguins to find will also be worth 1 Penguin point unless he trusts you [i.e. you've completed Cold War], in which case they will be worth 2.

[...]

You can earn a maximum of 15 Penguin points per week

Personally I quite like these updates - they fit in with the game's generally light hearted atmosphere. If there ever was a time when Runescape was a game where you could imagine yourself as a character in a fantasy epic, it was before I started playing.

Indeed, if you are trying to imagine yourself living as your RS alter-ego, you should probably get out more.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This update made me reconsider ignoring construction!

I went from 1 to 40 construction in little to no time, on my way to 50, complete with teleport portals and telescopes, etc.

woohoo!

I haven't heard any talk about penguins this week, anyone got a location?

Hey, me too, except for mining. Almost gotten a mining lvl due to the stars, and now I actually have the incentive to try and drag my behind to 90. Just 3 and a bit more lvls to go :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Out of interest, how many total diversions are there in Runescape at the moment?

I can think of:

1. Manage thy Kingdom

2. Tears of Guthix

3. Slayer Vine

4. Chaos Tunnels

5. D&D

Technically, farming was a distraction as it was run around digging and planting trees.

Any others?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Out of interest, how many total diversions are there in Runescape at the moment?

I can think of:

1. Manage thy Kingdom

2. Tears of Guthix

3. Slayer Vine

4. Chaos Tunnels

5. D&D

Technically, farming was a distraction as it was run around digging and planting trees.

Any others?

the whole game? umm dks, kbd, minning, collecting snape grass, talking to friends, selling a goblin mail to a store, alching, killing a chicken...from what you say they are all distractions :wall:

Y_Z.png

I can think of:

1. Manage thy Kingdom

2. Tears of Guthix

3. Slayer Vine

4. Chaos Tunnels

5. D&D

Any others?

the whole game? umm dks, kbd, minning, collecting snape grass, talking to friends, selling a goblin mail to a store, alching, killing a chicken...from what you say they are all distractions :wall:

I cannot constantly do MTK, Farming (trees), Slayer Vine, Chaos Tunnel or D&D. They are limited events. I can constantly Alc, Kill Chickens, Mine, etc. If my list was not obvious, they are events that can be performed once every certain amount of time (once a day or once a week). These are not events that you can grind. Now, would you care to offer distractions in that vein?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I can think of:

1. Manage thy Kingdom

2. Tears of Guthix

3. Slayer Vine

4. Chaos Tunnels

5. D&D

Any others?

I cannot constantly do MTK, Farming (trees), Slayer Vine, Chaos Tunnel or D&D. They are limited events. I can constantly Alc, Kill Chickens, Mine, etc. If my list was not obvious, they are events that can be performed once every certain amount of time (once a day or once a week). These are not events that you can grind. Now, would you care to offer distractions in that vein?

There's bork.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.