2nd of September 2008: Distractions and Diversions

Were

what was your strategy to get that 1.4k in agility? i did jump starting from lowest and emote after every one, and i ended on some lvl 90 agil one, i didnt juggle anything, and i got like 700 points.

so..whats the strategy there?

Wear the highest-level circus clothes you have, and do what the audience asks you. Juggling is also good, and remember to do fancy emotes.

does wearing the circus clothes really aid you?

I Juggled with chinchompas and did backflips(99) and large leaps(90). Also used emotes between the tricks. If the audience asked for 80+ trick I did what they asked. I got pretty lucky with audience because they asked me to juggle with chinchompas and do a large leap.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt been to the circus yet but i did see the barker in ardougne yesterday and it was all graphically updated. Can we expect to see improvements to all fairies in the near future?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm not members so I cant try the updates, but they look and sound incredibly fun. People who are complaining are straight up squares, loosen up and go lay in some grass staring at clouds for a while guys. Gosh.

25k free exp, and a week to find all the penguins (It's technically easier than that because after coldwar you get 2 points per penquin, so a possible 20/week, which saves considerable time the next week!)

Think about that for a minute, ToG might get you anywhere from 6-10k exp per week if your any good, 12k if your just amazing and get 200 tears per game ;) With this you get a bonus 25k, which is saving you a tonload of money in any skill. Free prayer/hp/summoning/smithing/herblore anyone? Jagex just gave you bargain mart for xp and your complaining about game continuity? a string of sausages is the arguable best weapon in the game, able to KILL DRAGONS MADE OF SOLID METAL! wheres your continuity now?

The circus looks like a blast, but pretty hard, its nice that there's finally something to do with a level 99 other than wear a cape, even if it's only in 3 skills.

The Meteors give me hope to get my mining up further, it looks like so much fun to hunt and mine them with a big group of people, and it gives some GREAT rewards.

The beauty is that they're adding real "random" events, rather than something you cant avoid or choose to ignore, these give a fantastic bonus, but are COMPLETELY optional. those of you who enjoy your daily grindfest can just keep on, but for people who see a strange rock while yew cutting, grats you just got a free 1k exp for like 3 seconds of time.

PS- To whomever spoke of immersion, and how communist penguins make it hard to picture yourself living in runescape... buddy, there's no toilets either, good luck.

Erm , not all penguins give 2 points. Theres 10 penguins, and 5 of them give 2 points. (or there could be more, but still, NOT ALL penguins give 2 points, I did cold war, and I dont get 2 pts every penguin).

Erm , not all penguins give 2 points. Theres 10 penguins, and 5 of them give 2 points. (or there could be more, but still, NOT ALL penguins give 2 points, I did cold war, and I dont get 2 pts every penguin).

Same happened to me, I didnt get 2 points for every penguin i caught because i ended up having 9 points at one point.

Same happened to me, I didnt get 2 points for every penguin i caught because i ended up having 9 points at one point.

I'm not members so I cant try the updates,

My appologies for the misinformation, I just assumed that each gave 2 after coldwar, as the KB guide says you get more points if he trusts you more (referring to the penguin guy).

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Am I the only one to notice that whenever you type something while wearing Ringmaster stuff, the text bounces up and down? :?

I was curious about this, but i stink at the circus minigame.

Could you post a picture or something of it? :P

Me thinks the circus is based 99% on luck...

952008213585.png

Note the scores I received in each of the 3 events:

- 1092 in Magic

- 867 in Range

- 1477 in Agility

Now, note my levels in each of those skills:

- 99 Magic

- 99 Range

- 70 Agility

Oh well, got the ringmaster hat. Also, outfits to wear for higher scores are pretty much any complete random event costume (mime is best imo) or complete clown outfit/acrobat outfit from the circus. I'm sure complete pirate sets would work wonderfully as well.

P.S. - This is probably a bit deceiving because I did the agility one last, and it wasn't until after the other 2 a friend of mine suggested something that ended up working perfectly...but nonetheless I did fail twice during the range one and once during the magic while failing 0 times during agility one so luck is still a pretty big factor.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I heard if you just alternate between the 99 level targets in ranged and magic you can get 1400+ and alternate between the 99 juggle and flip in agil.

also worth noting the 99s are just recommended levels, so you dont actually need them to do the tricks but you may fail

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

might be a glitch, but i already have full acrobat, and the low lvl boots. :?

i thought you could only get one outfit from each of the cirucs events a week, with a max of 3.

but i did the event 1st day it came out, and yesterday. got full acrobat :). and it hasnt been a week yet.... glitch?

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

might be a glitch, but i already have full acrobat, and the low lvl boots. :?

i thought you could only get one outfit from each of the cirucs events a week, with a max of 3.

but i did the event 1st day it came out, and yesterday. got full acrobat :). and it hasnt been a week yet.... glitch?

The new week starts every Wednesday, so you did it on the first day and then it reset the next. :)

oo, thx for that. i was freaking out thinking it was a glitch and i could get banned for it. :?

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

Looks pretty stupid, yea lets chase penguins around.

Grand exchange limit changes are good though, looks like Jagex are actually paying attention to the exchange for once.

You love this update lawl, your a star fanatic :lol:

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

It's time someone precipitated on this penguin parade of praise.

I spoke to Larry today and got more than 10 different hints. Interesting, since there are only 10 penguins spying at a time. Even when you throw out the vague "there is a penguin somewhere in Runescape" clue, there is still overlap.

The chats are a joke. People are offering where penguins were on different worlds and several days in the past. You are just as well to wander around and find them yourself.

For instance, today we found one at Eagle's Peak - a location not listed in any of those "guides" that are proliferating on the RSOF. Larry specifically mentioned "Eagle's Peak" in his hint to me. But when I got there, it was a penguin I had already spied on and not one of the 2 I am missing. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Larry should stop offering clues to penguins that have already been found - it would improve things greatly.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Penguin, right now...on Karamja inside the repair fence thing...world 145

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

It's time someone precipitated on this penguin parade of praise.

I spoke to Larry today and got more than 10 different hints. Interesting, since there are only 10 penguins spying at a time. Even when you throw out the vague "there is a penguin somewhere in Runescape" clue, there is still overlap.

The chats are a joke. People are offering where penguins were on different worlds and several days in the past. You are just as well to wander around and find them yourself.

For instance, today we found one at Eagle's Peak - a location not listed in any of those "guides" that are proliferating on the RSOF. Larry specifically mentioned "Eagle's Peak" in his hint to me. But when I got there, it was a penguin I had already spied on and not one of the 2 I am missing. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Larry should stop offering clues to penguins that have already been found - it would improve things greatly.

There are at least 15 penguins to be found, you just can only spy 10. Not sure why you sometimes get told you've already spied when you haven't, it's rather annoying, but hey.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif