2nd of September 2008: Distractions and Diversions

Were

Woooot! Just got them all! (pretty easy - join the chat riods2525 and you should be able to find them all within an hour)

Finding them was fun :D

[hide=Awesome pictures!]picture004-5.jpg

picture008-2.jpg[/hide]

So yeah 1 hour of fun =22.5k exp of free summoning.....yeah this update rocks.

So yeah this update pretty much equals a free 1 or 2 summoning levels a week!

The only thing bad about this is that i won't be able to use my tears on summoning again i don't think lol.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there where any doubts this just shows that Runescape is owned by the creators of club penguin.

Jagex you need to realise that all good MMORPGs need to have a lore side to it, you cant just get crap like aliens and communist penguins and just throw them in this big postmodern melting pot.

Its a fantasy game, focus more on elfs and dwarfs and great creatures of ancient might, rather than trying to humour each other at the office with your childish updates.

Im really looking forward to the Varok/Arav update later this month, you have defnitly failed in the eyes of anyone over 18 with this one. So the rest of the month I hope will improve.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Is it glitched or something?

Because I was going lvl 80-99 things at the cirsus and I didn't fail once, the only thing I failed was a lvl 50 ranged one....

And I have like 70 in all the 3 stats.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

If there where any doubts this just shows that Runescape is owned by the creators of club penguin.

Jagex you need to realise that all good MMORPGs need to have a lore side to it, you cant just get crap like aliens and communist penguins and just throw them in this big postmodern melting pot.

Its a fantasy game, focus more on elfs and dwarfs and great creatures of ancient might, rather than trying to humour each other at the office with your childish updates.

Im really looking forward to the Varok/Arav update later this month, you have defnitly failed in the eyes of anyone over 18 with this one. So the rest of the month I hope will improve.

Dude...seriously, lighten up. What, we can't have some fun or a few laughs just because its a fantasy game?

K so I did these updates all day and I'm definanatly going to say that this is the best update in rs in a while.

It's FUN.

and the rewards are ridicoulous.

25k exp a week in any skill you want for 1-1.5 hours of hunting around rs with a group of friends. Think about that in terms of summoning. That's the exp you get from 116 crimson charms and spending 340k on shards 10/10

And then there's the meteors - which give good exp - and for each meteor you get around 50k worth of stuff (if you get around 100 stardusts). And crazily enough this is the most fun. Me and like 8 friends were in an empty world trying to find it and omg when it landed we were getting pretty nervous lol. 10/10 (just because of how much fun it was)

And the circus... i donno i'm kinda mixed about it - lots of costumes and free exp..why not? 7/10

25k Xp a week?

Oh that is so worth it. 70 Summoning is going to come much quicker now :D

Except all the Penguins moved from when the update was releasd, I thought it was every week?!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Dude. http://en.wikipedia.org/Club_Penguin

First line. Jagex don't make club penguin. They may be on miniclip, but otherwise unrelated.

Sure they stuck an alien and a couple of penguins in, but they're certainly not forcing you to go there. If you want to turn your nose up at a bit of free exp, then fine, but don't whine about something so trivial. That's for RSOF.

First line. Jagex don't make club penguin. They may be on miniclip, but otherwise unrelated.

Sure they stuck an alien and a couple of penguins in, but they're certainly not forcing you to go there. If you want to turn your nose up at a bit of free exp, then fine, but don't whine about something so trivial. That's for RSOF.

I was being sarcastic i am well aware jagex did not make club penguin. also if i dont like something i have a right to complain, it isnt trivial, im sick of the broken 4th wall in a rpg, i knew well before submiting what i said prior would lead to people having a go at me, but i dont really care this update is silly.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

I was being sarcastic i am well aware jagex did not make club penguin. also if i dont like something i have a right to complain, it isnt trivial, im sick of the broken 4th wall in a rpg, i knew well before submiting what i said prior would lead to people having a go at me, but i dont really care this update is silly.

Aliens and communist penguins = broken 4th wall? :?:

What does that even mean nowadays?

Well I tried the update and got through the circus, gave up on my second penguin. I spent three hours looking out the backside of ardounge. I went over from ardounge to the castle wars arena I don't know how many time. Then I decided to search the town itself, about 4 times yielded no results, so I gave up. I haven't tried star mining.

Jagex has every right to put this in their game. Besides fantasy doesn't just mean guys killing off monsters with a sword and a bag of rocks. I mean we do have grenades, flamethrowers, and bombs, why not complain that doesn't fit the fantasy theme as well. On a final note jagex is coming out with a sci-fi game and maybe some of the rs staff are gonna be switching over. Maybe they needed to test the graphics before they just throw people in a game with a boss that looks like that alien. (By test out the graphics I mean see what the public thinks of it.)

[hide=]

[/hide]

Well, i'm terribly sorry if I upset your sense of self righteousness.

If you don't like it, don't play it. Like I said, you don't have to.

Without the sarcasm, I'm sorry for being hypocritical. It's a discussion thread, you have a right to give your point of view. I misunderstood your first remark.

However, maybe adjust the tone to something a little more suited for Tip.It's more mature audience?

No I will not change my tone. I think that this poor update deserves any tone i wish.

So first you tell me what veiws to share, then you tell me how my tone should be, im prety sure I can type how I want as long as im not being overtly racist/derogatory and flaming/swearing my head if at people. I refuse to change to a Runescape forum moderator-like speach. I am me and dont try to change that ok.

*note: to the other poster the broken fourth wall is an allusion to a dramatic performance where the actor states to the audience they are in the play, removing the illusion of the reality created by the play.

Fantasy games relly on creating an alternate universe so people like myself can pretend we are mighty adventurers. Breaking the fourth wall (the wall to the audience if you like) is a bad idea in a role playing/mmo game. (sure half the people will be replying "no it just makes the game more interesting with aliens and if you dont like it quit" because they dislike me)

So yeah, saying how great an update is a very easy thing to do. Trust me i had to think twice about saying that i didnt like the update cause i knew people would think im a fool. I do it because I like Runescape just as much as the next tip.iter(i want to see it improve), and yeah if an update is great I will say it is. This week I didn't like it and I let you know. Thats all I want to say really, and I know someone is going to reply to this post and rip into it and tell me how much of an idiot i am and that i cant spell. I dont really care cause i got a distinction in my uni essay today and im content.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Fantasy games relly on creating an alternate universe so people like myself can pretend we are mighty adventurers. Breaking the fourth wall (the wall to the audience if you like) is a bad idea in a role playing/mmo game. (sure half the people will be replying "no it just makes the game more interesting with aliens and if you dont like it quit" because they dislike me).

You have to remember, Runescape is a game, not a middle aged fantasy realm where you can live an alternate life. Unforunatly some people take it as such, when you shouldnt.

Runescape should be no more believeable than Roller Coaster Tycoon, or Halo, or Monopoly.

Remember, Jagex has made it clear this game is not geared to a particular audience. It is not geared towards 18+, nor is it geared to only 18-. The updates they put in may not necessarly be pointed to your age group, or particular enjoyment, but thats just it. Jagex tries to create an update for at least every group of people playing. People often forget that, and complain about why every week isnt to their "age group". People need to understand Jagex is a company and likes to diversify thier content as much as possible.

Aside, I dont think theres a 4th wall to break here as your not meant to be so involved in a game it becomes your real world. Jagex are simply adding content that is designed to make things more intresting to some of its different age groups. Tell me, if there had been elf babies, and a story of where the elves came from, inside each of these shooting stars, would you have still complained?

OT: I find the penguins to be much more trouble than they are worth, but the star shooting is a very fun group activity. Everyone gets xp and money, and its a fun sort of competition where everyone wins.

dawnsigblue-3.png

To all:

this is a great update, if you say its not realistic you suck at imagining universe. Its kind of pitiful that anyoen could think that theres such thing as communism in penguin society, they do what they do, and the stars in RuneScape universe are rocks, in which the sprites, the essence of the stars are living in. Their not aliens, their sprites, like fairies, but they live in the great cosmos, in rocks.

No oen broke any wall, just someone failed to imagine that there might be a world , and entire universe that may have nothing in common with us. They canb do whatever they want, its realistic, because the laws of that universe are define dby Them. So just chase around falling stars, go get ur gear, and find some penguins. GL

Master of forbbiden arts - Re Dormado

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I thought it was a pretty good update, seems like something new to do, which is always fun :mrgreen:

Did anyone else get to do the circus both today and yesterday? I thought it was only once a week...

(I still didn't get the clothes i want... I suck at failing :wall: )

Cloudie_skye.png

Actually, each Penguin Point is worth 25x Skill lvl.

So if you have lvl 20, you will get 500 XP in that skill. If you have lvl 90, you'll get 2,250 XP.

So 375xlvl per week if using it all on one skill. Very good IMO.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I do think that Jagex is doing this for the younger crowd becuase they don't want to encourage kids to spend too mch time online, and you really do have to have alot of online time to be any good at this game.

So they're coming up with stuff to make it quick and easy to get experience. Some people feel that somehow lessens their levels since they had to work so hard for them. Thats just ridiculous though.

I am not offended by the presence of children nor do I care that someone will have an easier time getting levels than I did so this doesn't bother me at all.

It's way fun too....chasing penguins is.

:mrgreen:

There's a man up on that ledge....he's only cleaning windows.

What a shame.

Who's to blame, for the pain we're missing?

I'm gonna lean back on my wall and pray for him to fall.

c75672af73.png

deviloch.png

b4ng.gif

I tried harder at the circus thing today and guess what....

I got the same amount of points as yesterday.

I got the acrobat top and the two other acts i got nothing since "i have all the clothing for my performance level" -.-

Waste of a weeks items much? :x

it is a shame it is another update which impacts the lower levels though... :wall:

Lol that's not true! Do some of the meteors, the people there are all like lvl 115+. and ironically enough the lowest level was a lvl 90 who was the only one with higher than 90 mining! lol

And that's weird you can do the circus and penguins again today...sweet! must do that before they fix it (as a bug). That would mean a guide could get out faster.

My guess is that they're syncing it so every wednesday is the "new start of the week"?

I tried harder at the circus thing today and guess what....

I got the same amount of points as yesterday.

I got the acrobat top and the two other acts i got nothing since "i have all the clothing for my performance level" -.-

Waste of a weeks items much? :x

There is loads of things that affect the points you gain, do what the audience asks you to do, if it's a repeat, try to do the highest thing possible, if you've already done that, then do the next highest etc, use an emote after every performance and also, try different clothing! The way you are dressed can affect the points.

I goofed up the magic performance today and lost loads of points, doing the agility section ended up giving me full acrobat clothing and I wore that for doing the ranging section, attempted the level 99 distance every time and managed to upgrade to the clown hat.

I'm assuming that the better clothing you get, the higher chance you have of going onto the next outfit.

Dark_Jab.png