2nd of September 2008: Distractions and Diversions

Were

I tried harder at the circus thing today and guess what....

I got the same amount of points as yesterday.

I got the acrobat top and the two other acts i got nothing since "i have all the clothing for my performance level" -.-

Waste of a weeks items much? :x

There is loads of things that affect the points you gain, do what the audience asks you to do, if it's a repeat, try to do the highest thing possible, if you've already done that, then do the next highest etc, use an emote after every performance and also, try different clothing! The way you are dressed can affect the points.

I goofed up the magic performance today and lost loads of points, doing the agility section ended up giving me full acrobat clothing and I wore that for doing the ranging section, attempted the level 99 distance every time and managed to upgrade to the clown hat.

I'm assuming that the better clothing you get, the higher chance you have of going onto the next outfit.

So when jagex mentioned different clothing to wear, they might the stuff you get from the circus itself?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, Then went something wrong! Yesterday I did The curcus and today i did it again. now i got Full Acrobatic Without legs a clown hat and Ugly boots

Is it possible that it resets every Wednesday, so today is the new week? I don't think it should be, because surely the circus would move? :?

Here we go, taken from the runescape official forums, quickfind code: 15-16-442-57553551.

"How often does each event move/change?"

The circus and penguin locations will change once a week; every Wednesday to be precise.

A Shooting Star will crash into RuneScape once every two hours, it is up to you to find out where it lands. Good luck!

It's just that today is a Wednesday so it's changed, the next time will be 7 days from now.

Dark_Jab.png

"How often does each event move/change?"

The circus and penguin locations will change once a week; every Wednesday to be precise.

I wish I would have read that first, I only got 6 penguins yesterday thinking I could finish up today :(

...didn't get any better at the icrcus either -.-

There's a man up on that ledge....he's only cleaning windows.

What a shame.

Who's to blame, for the pain we're missing?

I'm gonna lean back on my wall and pray for him to fall.

c75672af73.png

deviloch.png

b4ng.gif

if u think about it, its fun, and people arent grasping why they put this in.

youre not really supposed to spend all day looking for one. just go about usual business and if u see one, congratz. then its fun. when u spend hours and not find one, then its not fun, and thats not the point of this update. its to make normal everyday training less repetitive with a bonus.

about points.

15 a week, 50 max

325k every 3.2ish weeks. not very good.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'm not members so I cant try the updates, but they look and sound incredibly fun. People who are complaining are straight up squares, loosen up and go lay in some grass staring at clouds for a while guys. Gosh.

25k free exp, and a week to find all the penguins (It's technically easier than that because after coldwar you get 2 points per penquin, so a possible 20/week, which saves considerable time the next week!)

Think about that for a minute, ToG might get you anywhere from 6-10k exp per week if your any good, 12k if your just amazing and get 200 tears per game ;) With this you get a bonus 25k, which is saving you a tonload of money in any skill. Free prayer/hp/summoning/smithing/herblore anyone? Jagex just gave you bargain mart for xp and your complaining about game continuity? a string of sausages is the arguable best weapon in the game, able to KILL DRAGONS MADE OF SOLID METAL! wheres your continuity now?

The circus looks like a blast, but pretty hard, its nice that there's finally something to do with a level 99 other than wear a cape, even if it's only in 3 skills.

The Meteors give me hope to get my mining up further, it looks like so much fun to hunt and mine them with a big group of people, and it gives some GREAT rewards.

The beauty is that they're adding real "random" events, rather than something you cant avoid or choose to ignore, these give a fantastic bonus, but are COMPLETELY optional. those of you who enjoy your daily grindfest can just keep on, but for people who see a strange rock while yew cutting, grats you just got a free 1k exp for like 3 seconds of time.

PS- To whomever spoke of immersion, and how communist penguins make it hard to picture yourself living in runescape... buddy, there's no toilets either, good luck.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

if u think about it, its fun, and people arent grasping why they put this in.

youre not really supposed to spend all day looking for one. just go about usual business and if u see one, congratz. then its fun. when u spend hours and not find one, then its not fun, and thats not the point of this update. its to make normal everyday training less repetitive with a bonus.

about points.

15 a week, 50 max

325k every 3.2ish weeks. not very good.

I'm sorry, but do you know the habits of most players? The average player does NOT wander the width and breadth of Runescape during an average day. No, the average Scaper spends most of their time in one or two spots, grinding there skills. The only way to find a star or penguins is to actively search for them.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

there's no toilets either, good luck.

Tell me about it... my character's been holding it in for the part 3 years and is absolutely busting.

Just because it's a fantasy game doesn't mean it has to be exactly like JRR Tolkien's fantasy, different people have different fantasies. Just be thankful it's not based on my fantasies... it wouldn't be a G-rated game then ;)

Shooting stars is a great way to train mining, I had one that was level 5 and only one other person mining it... it took about an hour to mine but I got over 30k xp for it, plus another 6k for finding it.

crazykiwi - http://www.rsdrop.com

I've spent several hours chasing penguins, and gotten some good experience for my efforts. The circus was fun too. Although I did enjoy myself, and consider it time well spent I still have to give this update a huge thumbs down. Another update that continues to pander to the 10 to 13 year old players was definately not what I was hoping for. As a mature player in a multi generation runescape playing household I tend to cringe everytime I see that a new update is coming. I realize that there are many young players who play responsibly and maturely but I would prefer not encouraging underage players to play. Where are the updates for the older players?

I'm sorry, but do you know the habits of most players? The average player does NOT wander the width and breadth of Runescape during an average day. No, the average Scaper spends most of their time in one or two spots, grinding there skills. The only way to find a star or penguins is to actively search for them.

Wrong.

His point was that those lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time benefits (and have eyes that sees, not just look) (principle applies also to the real world).

And those willing to dedicate time to seek out the right place also benefits (just more so).

As a mature player in a multi generation runescape playing household I tend to cringe everytime I see that a new update is coming. I realize that there are many young players who play responsibly and maturely but I would prefer not encouraging underage players to play. Where are the updates for the older players?

What's inherently wrong with "mature" people liking things that are not socially "mature"?

I've spent several hours chasing penguins, and gotten some good experience for my efforts. The circus was fun too. Although I did enjoy myself, and consider it time well spent I still have to give this update a huge thumbs down. Another update that continues to pander to the 10 to 13 year old players was definately not what I was hoping for. As a mature player in a multi generation runescape playing household I tend to cringe everytime I see that a new update is coming. I realize that there are many young players who play responsibly and maturely but I would prefer not encouraging underage players to play. Where are the updates for the older players?

could you specify what you find so childish in this update?

completetely serious update

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

The only way to find a star or penguins is to actively search for them.

Not true at all.

I found one in the legends guild when i was teleporting there to do a shadow warrior task. I found one in neitiznot doing a troll task. I found one in the wildy looking for a meteor. And i found one in yanille going to a house party.

But yeah even if you do want to find them all what you do is you would go to the rsof and then the locations are posted - and then from there you find a penguin clan chat ( my fav is W60 penguin hunters -riods2525) - and people tell you specifically where the penguins are.

With this it easily takes under an hour to get all the penguins.

Same thing with stars - find a cc through rsof and it's easy as pie (and still fun!)

ScreenShot298.png

:thumbsup:

Too bad I got less than 1200 from ranged and magic shows. :(

ScreenShot299.png

Trousers, boots and megaphone to go. Hopefully I'll get at least trousers and boots next week.

what was your strategy to get that 1.4k in agility? i did jump starting from lowest and emote after every one, and i ended on some lvl 90 agil one, i didnt juggle anything, and i got like 700 points.

so..whats the strategy there?

what was your strategy to get that 1.4k in agility? i did jump starting from lowest and emote after every one, and i ended on some lvl 90 agil one, i didnt juggle anything, and i got like 700 points.

so..whats the strategy there?

Wear the highest-level circus clothes you have, and do what the audience asks you. Juggling is also good, and remember to do fancy emotes.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.