AGS=overpowered.

Bananamatic

Yeah, bh is fine, AGS killed pking.

Dbaxe speed, +132 atk bonus, 77 max hit, 2 specs.

That is so NOT OVERPOWERED.

Looked over my pking lately, 15 kills 10 deaths, 70% of deaths from ags pjing.

Yeah, people just say "u r too poor to afford it"

"stop ranting, dds is 30k and can hit 82"

"dbow is even more overpowered"

Okay, let's take a look.

Dds has a bad atk bonus, and damage distributed over 2 specs. Hard to hit both, or hit both high for that matter.

Dbow is inaccurate, and same as dds. Plus slowest weapon ingame.

Take this situation:

I fight the enemy, he is low hp, I have 65 left.

He eats twice, I keep hitting.

Suddenly, a 65 pops up and I die.

So damn fair.

Dds pjing is okay, dark bow is lagged too, but losing 75% of you hp in one hit?

Another example, got 2 agsers had me as targ.5

Got hit 66-11 without any chance, except for eating to 97 hp for no reason.

Plus, the price went down so much, any newb can afford it.

Keep it at 150m somehow. Too late for that though.

Pking turned into "who gets the ags guy on your enemy" and "who can veng the enemy's ags spec and spec him back for a 1 hit kill"

Fun.

if you bought an ags would you be complaining? Its not overpowered really, the tiem in between the spec and the next hit ( assuming it doesnt ko you) you could easily eat up to full hp.

I agree, ALL godswords are over powered. Jagex lost their touch at making this game balanced.

*Looks at zgs* yeap, they all look overpowered to me....Whip owns them TBH

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

No not really. If you fought a player who has a godsword and you were using a whip then he could easily ko you if you aren't careful. In PvE, whip can be better, but all around, the godsword dominates it.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

No not really. If you fought a player who has a godsword and you were using a whip then he could easily ko you if you aren't careful. In PvE, whip can be better, but all around, the godsword dominates it.
whip can hit twice before a gs hits you. Me thinks that a whip can hit about 40? last time i checked 2X 40 = 80 ( which beats 77) and it also looks much kwler :3

This is probably be the first time you've ever gotten this advice but if BH is all that matters to you, become F2P; you won't have to worry about it ever again... ::'

If that isn't an option, you could just get one your self. A SGS restores like 10hp and 5prayer minimum per hit. (i think)

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

whip can hit twice before a gs hits you. Me thinks that a whip can hit about 40? last time i checked 2X 40 = 80 ( which beats 77) and it also looks much kwler :3

In PVP, it's always about the KO factor. It isn't like with monsters where your looking at damange over time. In PVP, you hav e to kill quick. Basically, KO the opponent before he can eat. Whip isn't a KO weapon, you can easily eat between hits, even if by chance they happen to be 40s. A sudden high hit however, can easily kill if you're just a little under max HP or in the proccess of eating. Which is the point of AGS, pure KO.

In my opinion ags isn't overpowered. If I die in bh it's often because of an ags, but that's just because BH fails. A while ago I was dming a friend in BH, and during the last fight I got pjed 6 times by different agsers, basically every time we were both at kinda lowish hp and one of us was eating, and none of them managed to kill me, except for the last one, who hit a 55 on me. People pj and rush in BH because they can, which will hopefully change with pvp worlds.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

in the new free for all, i face lvl 120+s who still hit 0s with their ags specs. also the point about it 'just' being the ags is wrong, seeing as you complained about the str and slash bonuses from it, which applies to all the gs's.

effectively you are complaining about all gs's because take away the specs and you can still hit high 50s with each gs. get piled by that and you are still dead. imo get a gs then go and kill people with it, you would realise how fun it is. and not any 'noob' can afford an ags.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Now that you've given us examples on how many times you've died from ags spec jumping, give us examples when you HAVEN'T. If you don't have any, here's some:

An ags spec hits me about 60% of them time. Of that 60% only 20% kill me or hit me +40. That is a 12% chance of what you are describing to us at least to me. If you don't like jumping, then pray so the damaged is reduced and get your defense up.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Whip has been proven the dominant weapon in nearly all situations except KO pking and boss fighting. Really, the whip is the overall better weapon. Just be glad it's not 150M.

The specials aren't that overpowered, but they certainly are powerful.

Bandos: Not much use if you're just using a gs, I would switch to a whip to finish him off once you've speced his def off.

Zammy: Annoying to the frozen player but not really not useful. I dont' know about your wealth at the moment, but I can afford to barrage many more times than the special bar could ever recharge, I don't mind losing thousands a cast. I suppose it is useful to those who cannot barrage.

Saradomin: Useful at first, but only for a shoot boost. I've heard it can be good at certain monsters (not bosses, regular monsters).

Armadyl: Nothing to rely on. The special sounds awesome but for it to really have a good chance of hitting in PvP you would need 90+ str and 90+ attack.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Ok- The first hit always takes the same amount of time.

So then after 2 gs hits (1 spec or 2 idk) your gonna hit more then 3 whip hits.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Anyone here, did you EVER pk?

Everyone in high crater has 90+ str and atk, and nearly every fight is ags pjed.

Even with a bgs, it's easy to hit constant 40s.

Add a 20 veng, and you get hit a 60.

Adding a weapon that is far stronger than dharok axe, faster than a dharok axe, and even has specials that hit 60-70s was a really bad idea imo.

And our HP stays at 99 max. Don't say to brew, because it is unreliable to brew to 116 every time.

When 70% of your deaths are by ags pjing, something simply has to be wrong there.

I agree, ALL godswords are over powered. Jagex lost their touch at making this game balanced.

Kidding right?

I own 3 hilts, never use any of them except for AGS and I find myself using a dfs/whip or verac more. Godswords are just too damn inaccurate for their speed.

Seriously, though, it's easy to make an ags cry, just use vengeance.

I see things both ways. Sure, hitting 70+ is pretty annoying especially when your getting piled on. But everybody plays the same game. Get one yourself if it annoys you so much. As for the piling in BH I don't know. I think it's dumb system and I don't do it myself. Whip + rune defender= max xp in game. Godswords can't claim that at least.

vettro.png

i say give back good whip special now! lol and atleast make it 55% or 60% drain so we cant use it twice unlike the ags which can deal 71 dmg twice

or 50% drain is good =)

lets face it, whip special is one of worst in the game, like dragon spear

edit: i can relate huta, i have tried gs against many diff lvl people and monsters and i find whip + rune def more accurate, and veracs vs people more accurate. i even get around if not more exp at bandits with scim + rune def, i dont believe that the 132+ slash attack is living up to it really

yah know, i was watching a fight in bh yesterday, both players 99 atk def str, torags. one had whip + dfs, one had ags.

the agser hit a 0 spec and a 25 spec and a 33 naturally.

The whip guy hit 2 45s in a row and ddsd dual 30s for the ko.

no gs is overpowered, you just need to know what to expect and safe if need be.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

exactly what im saying. you(the thread maker) said you were at 65 hp, then he ags speced. if you had eaten a shark he couldnt have done that and the chances of getting 2 extremely high hits are next to nothing...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Ags isnt too overpowered, its the way people power-up prior to using it. It's extremely inaccurate and the only reason they're hitting with it is because of the pots. Take in super def and stfu. Ags=inaccurate. Ags = fail ;)

I dont need a siggy no moar.