General Guitar discussion

Haaa_Haaa0

Bc rich - google it up. not many ppl knows about that brand but their guitar are sick looking, if you consider buying one they are good for beginners. if you are higher than a beginner...go for the gold series and up. silver and down series arent good for touring and playing for long hours.

Tbh BC Rich's may look hella cool but they suck for playing. Much better to get a Gibson or Dean.

well it depends. the gold series+ are very good. there was this kid at a school i was doing a sound tech job for who was playing cliffs of dover on a bc rich....you would think the kid wrote the song tbh

Could drive cattle through the gap in that logic, I could. You're saying that what makes a guitar good is not how it feels and sounds, but by the number of advanced songs you can play on it. Okay. I could play Cliffs of Dover on a wooden plank with strings attached, does that make it a good guitar? If, by your logic it does -- well, have I got some hot deals for you, good sir.

I can't help but associate B.C Rich guitars with kids that's just started playing and want the "coolest" looking guitar in the store, for the least amount of money (and quality). Ugh, warlocks.

Mockingbirds are alright though.

EDIT: why's everyone constantly up in arms about Gibsons. They are overpriced pieces of wood that generally is not proportional to their quality (they are sloppily made and break easily).

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: why's everyone constantly up in arms about Gibsons. They are overpriced pieces of wood that generally is not proportional to their quality (they are sloppily made and break easily).

Even the Epiphone elitist series are superior to Gibson.

clansig7.gif

I'm getting an all new rig tomarrow, but I'll post what I have currently and what I'm getting tomarrow.

Guitar: Ibanez GSA60. Piece of crap. I hate it.

Amp: Line 6 Spider II 212. An even worse piece of crap. It sounds horrible. The cleans are bland, and the distortion is as weak as Sylvester Stalone without steroids.

Now my new gear that I'm getting,

Guitar: I forget the exact model number, but it's a discontinued B.C. Rich V. It plays amazingly and the sound I get out of the amp I'm getting is stunning.

Amp: Peavy Envoy 110. Amazing little amp. It has two channels(Clean and Gain)with two settings for each(for example, Gain - Vintage Gain and High Gain).

I use Dunlop Jazz III picks and DR 11's.

Harmonicdoom.png

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

c'mon people, you can talk about anything guitar related in here. Give tips, ask questions, drool over gear, tell about your last jam session or gig, whatever!

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

Well, I've just placed an order for a Marshall DSL401 (they didn't have it in stock at the store so they'll have to order it in). And since my sis is moving out soon I'll have an entire room for all my gear stuff, which of course means I'll have room for even more guitars and pedals. Mother is not amused by this fact.

Also the band I'm in will record an album soon-ish.

2009rb9.jpg

I really need a new amp. Currently I have a Starter Amp (Those bad little 15W ones), and it does not sound well with my Fender Stratocaster. I want to get a Fender Amp, but those are really expensive! I suppose the Crisp sound compensates. :|

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

[hide=]bild004qs6.jpg[/hide]

[hide=]bild003lk7.jpg[/hide]

Booyah. Got it today.

100W I believe? My brother has a similar one. Nice Ibanez as well.

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

[hide=]bild004qs6.jpg[/hide]

[hide=]bild003lk7.jpg[/hide]

Booyah. Got it today.

100W I believe? My brother has a similar one. Nice Ibanez as well.

Nah, just 40w. But it's tube so it can get plenty loud.

2009rb9.jpg

Found out a way to sell my music on iTunes and Napster for really cheap, so i'm working on some stuff that i'm gonna sell. Only problem is I don't think it'll sound professional enough for iTunes :-#

And i'm saving up for a halfstack, not sure which brand i'm gonna get yet. Probably line 6 since they've worked wonders so far but i'm gonna play around a bit more.

wl7w9j.png

a small mixing board and Audacity (a free program, by the way) will work wonders. simpy search "audacity" on google and you should get a site with the download. we used that setup in a podcasting class i took, and as long as you have it set up right, it sounds great. What kind of music will you be recording?

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

a small mixing board and Audacity (a free program, by the way) will work wonders. simpy search "audacity" on google and you should get a site with the download. we used that setup in a podcasting class i took, and as long as you have it set up right, it sounds great. What kind of music will you be recording?

Mostly indie/classic rock, but I'm also going to do Mozart's Turkish March.

clansig7.gif

Hey guys, I have played guitar for about a year and I plan to buy a second guitar. I was thinking of one of the Dean ML models, but which one do you think is cheap but yet is also good for mostly hard rock/metal?

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Hey guys, I have played guitar for about a year and I plan to buy a second guitar. I was thinking of one of the Dean ML models, but which one do you think is cheap but yet is also good for mostly hard rock/metal?

Jackson is also pretty well known for hard rock/metal, you should check them out, I own the dk2 and I love it. You could also look at some of the cheaper esp's......I think a lower end of the Kirk Hammett signature is in your price range. Don't take other people's word for a purchase like this though, go into a couple guitar stores and try everything you see.

clansig7.gif

I own a Dean 79 ML, with floyd rose, and trust me when I say that, unless you play on buying new pickups, it is not a metal guitar. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top used the ML on their early albums, which are mostly rock/blues oriented music. So yeah, don't let the shape of the guitar fool you. There are some cheaper ML models that cost $300-ish, though.

If you want a metal guitar I would personally go for Ibanez, Shecter or Jackson.

2009rb9.jpg

I need some help. I have been playing a classical guitar for 2 years now and I recently bought an electric one. Prob is, I'm totally not used to using a pick.

Does anyone have any advices on how I can improve my pick swinging?

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I need some help. I have been playing a classical guitar for 2 years now and I recently bought an electric one. Prob is, I'm totally not used to using a pick.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/alternate_picking_technique.html

That lesson sorted out my picking pretty damn quickly. It goes through almost everything picking related from holding a pick to some hard alternate picking runs. Use a metronome whilst practicing these exercises and start off slowly. Have fun!

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/alternate_picking_technique.html

That lesson sorted out my picking pretty damn quickly. It goes through almost everything picking related from holding a pick to some hard alternate picking runs. Use a metronome whilst practicing these exercises and start off slowly. Have fun!

Many thanks!

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

interesting article...that will definitely help me! the whole series looks useful, im going to start looking at them.

*sigh* Sweet happiness. I finally got the B.C. Rich V all set up for Drop-B. Sweet Jesus, this guitar sounds amazing. It's amazingly versatile. The cleans are very clear and sparkly, and the the metal tone I get out of it just blows my old amp and guitar to little bite sized bits. I couldn't be happier.

And also, if anyone needs any help, please feel free to PM me. I can't guarantee that I can help you(as I've only been playing for 3 1/2 years), but I'll answer to the best of my ability. And if I can't answer it from my experience, I'll direct you to a source that can. :thumbsup:

Harmonicdoom.png

thanks for the advice guys! :thumbsup: Anyway I am probably going to go to the music store at some point and decide what guitar fits the grunge/punk/metal scene. btw rate my laguna? It doesn't look like much, but it shreds, and I mean it! At some point ill probably pay someone to film me and my band playing a gig and maybe upload on myspace and youtube.

lagunamr2.jpg

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

thanks for the advice guys! :thumbsup: Anyway I am probably going to go to the music store at some point and decide what guitar fits the grunge/punk/metal scene. btw rate my laguna? It doesn't look like much, but it shreds, and I mean it! At some point ill probably pay someone to film me and my band playing a gig and maybe upload on myspace and youtube.

[hide=]lagunamr2.jpg[/hide]

That's a stunning guitar.

I'm starting to itch quite bad for a new guitar again. I have a mental list of at least 9 guitars that I must buy at some point in life. I think I'm getting a Fender next...

I'll also be getting the MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal sometime soon.

I hate myself sometimes, and I'm sure my future wife will do the same.

2009rb9.jpg