Sick of people saying that metalcore deathcore hardcore etc

gongusan

"aren't true metal."

I wish people would stop saying this and getting all angry over it. They're not meant to be 'true metal', they're a different genre that originates from metal, they don't pretend to be 'true metal' and they aren't, so why do people rant on and on about this music not being 'true metal', when no one even declared that they are 'true metal'.

It's a different genre altogether, but it's roots come from metal, that's all...

Sorry if I aren't making any sense, this post is kind of rushed.

But they aren't.

And it's ignorant teens that say they are.

I know they aren't, and personally, I've never heard anyone say they are, so why do people get all butthurt over it?

Well I know that metalcore incoorporates some elements from metal and hardcore and that the roots of hardcore are in punk.

I forgot what deathcore is actually, I like it though :P .

;>

But they aren't.

I know they aren't, and personally, I've never heard anyone say they are, so why do people get all butthurt over it?

Because of the first of the Metal commandments: Thou shallt not call any genre which contains 'core' metal. The same applies to nu-metal.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

But they aren't.

Because of the first of the Metal commandments: Thou shallt not call any genre which contains 'core' metal. The same applies to nu-metal.

So you wouldn't call grindcore metal either?

Honestly, who cares? This topic doesn't contribute anything. Discuss it with your classmates or something. But don't bore us with the 10.000th metal/genre thread. God. I get tired from this. Sorry.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

But they aren't.

So you wouldn't call grindcore metal either?

No, because true Grindcore has major punk influences. But that doesn't stop GoreGrind being metal. ;)

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

First off, there is no such thing as 'true metal' and i too do not get it. -core genres are sub genres and nothing more. they are not meant to be 'true metal' and people whom complain should pretty much shut up, any -core genres do not try and be metal, they are their own genre

i personally love more of the -core genres and im a big time metalhead. i dont see what the big fuss is. -core genres do not try to be 'true metal' they are a sub genre!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

I'm sick of people flipping out over this subject in general. Maybe because I'm not a metalhead, unlike nearly everyone that comes to this forum, but I just don't get it. Who care what genre it is, you enjoy it or you don't.

p2gq.jpg

I'm sick of people flipping out over this subject in general. Maybe because I'm not a metalhead, unlike nearly everyone that comes to this forum, but I just don't get it. Who care what genre it is, you enjoy it or you don't.

Exactly. It's amazing how some people are so hung up on arguing what is and isn't "metal" as if the question of whether it's good music or not means nothing to them. Just another example of completely backwards ideological thinking.

Anyway, whether it's a true metal genre or a fusion genre of sorts, it does have a significant basis in metal music.

I've been wondering why people refer to modern crybaby music as "Emo". Probably for the same reason people who have no idea what metal is think Korn is metal.

People think they can make correct assumptions from the stereotypes and then they just "follow the flock, and step in sh*t". Plus, a reason that Metalcore isn't seen as Metal by the Metal Community is because it sucks.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

I've been wondering why people refer to modern crybaby music as "Emo". Probably for the same reason people who have no idea what metal is think Korn is metal.

People don't even know real Emo music ;) . They mostly refer to either [cabbage]music or post-hardcore.

;>

So....I was thinking of creating this channel where only music will be discussed. No, seriously, I am.

:(

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

I don't know what it is about metal that draws in some seriously anal people who'll argue genres all night long.

Because most metal fans are nerds.

Lol. It's true. By the way, good to see you changed your mind about why people like certain genres.

Lol. It's true. By the way, good to see you changed your mind about why people like certain genres.

Been trying to formulate a response to this for the past minute. All I can seem to come up with is:

1. What?

2. Who are you?

2009rb9.jpg