WARNING: Clan Wars

Dragonlordjl

Basically all they did in the first one was discourage people from wearing barrows in case they died and it broke, now they've actually made it dangerous, which is what it was supposed to be, and decent PKers can get supplies and stuff and still have the fun of killing. Good update in my opinion.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Wow at this thread.

The point is NOT that it shouldn't be dangerous or w/e. I personally don't care either way: I've never been there.

The point of this thread IS that Jagex changed something autonomously without telling anyone, and this change is critical because it changes a fundamental part of this particular aspect of PVP: it is no longer possible at all to recover your items.

It's not my place to judge whether this was deserved or not: but I do believe that they should tell people when they've made a fundamental change that can cause people to lose their items.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Wow at this thread.

The point is NOT that it shouldn't be dangerous or w/e. I personally don't care either way: I've never been there.

The point of this thread IS that Jagex changed something autonomously without telling anyone, and this change is critical because it changes a fundamental part of this particular aspect of PVP: it is no longer possible at all to recover your items.

It's not my place to judge whether this was deserved or not: but I do believe that they should tell people when they've made a fundamental change that can cause people to lose their items.

Finally someone with some sense. I made this thread primarily to warn people, not to whine about "oh noes they broke it." I just happened to insert my opinion of the change in here and it started a huge controversy. :wall:

td2sig.jpg

Finally someone with some sense. I made this thread primarily to warn people, not to whine about "oh noes they broke it." I just happened to insert my opinion of the change in here and it started a huge controversy. :wall:

Informative threads don't inject an opinion in the information. By doing that, they become opinion threads, and thus subject the writer the criticism.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Informative threads don't inject an opinion in the information. By doing that, they become opinion threads, and thus subject the writer the criticism.

Mmkay, I'll go edit the first post then. #-o

td2sig.jpg

I'm of the opinion that JaGex shouldn't tell us exactly how dangerous a new boss is, or a new dungeon, etc. since it's up to the players to determine that for themselves - this is no different in my opinion.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I'm of the opinion that JaGex shouldn't tell us exactly how dangerous a new boss is, or a new dungeon, etc. since it's up to the players to determine that for themselves - this is no different in my opinion.

It's underhanded and unfair for them to change something that people are accustomed to (and there know what to expect) without warning them of it.

td2sig.jpg

Wow at this thread.

But that's not an arguing point. If players took five minutes to read the Recent Updates, then they'd realize that there was a change. That's when Jagex tells its players that there was a change -- right in the Updates.

If you mean that this update was unprompted or unfounded, then that's more or less hearsay. Jagex wanted to balance the game with some danger and minor looting, so there's not much wrong with them wanting to do that.

If you wanted to know, you should have read the news. Who else is there to blame for your own ignorance?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wow at this thread.

But that's not an arguing point. If players took five minutes to read the Recent Updates, then they'd realize that there was a change. That's when Jagex tells its players that there was a change -- right in the Updates.

If you mean that this update was unprompted or unfounded, then that's more or less hearsay. Jagex wanted to balance the game with some danger and minor looting, so there's not much wrong with them wanting to do that.

If you wanted to know, you should have read the news. Who else is there to blame for your own ignorance?

Yes: there is a small aspect written in the news. However, there is no mention of graves in the news post: I assume it's on the RSOF, but to be honest, how many runescape players read there regularly? I know that I don't, and I can't imagine a reason for a free player to read them either.

They're very inconsistent with this: they had a spot in the main news post on Saradomin a bit back, but have not mentioned at all others.

I have no pity for those who do not read the main news: but I do have sympathy for those who do not read the RSOF.

Weve made some changes to dangerous Clan Wars fights. In such matches, you may be able to collect some of your defeated foes' items - food, potions, runes and other ammunition - assuming you can use them in the current battle (so you can't pick up food if the use of food has been disabled, for instance). Any such drops will affect both your and your victim's trade limit.

Notice that there is no mention of the gravestone change whatsoever.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Wow at this thread.

To be fair, the update said nothing relevant to this. It only mentioned that food drops could be looted now, within the limit. Some people could have inferred this, yes, but if Jagex hypothetically updated the game and stated "The Tormented Wraith has been given a more powerful attack to penetrate the proect from melee prayer so frequently used against him.", I would be pretty darn annoyed if I walked in there and took a 60 from a ranged attack that's not deflected by prayer.

Wow at this thread.

Yes: there is a small aspect written in the news. However, there is no mention of graves in the news post: I assume it's on the RSOF, but to be honest, how many runescape players read there regularly? I know that I don't, and I can't imagine a reason for a free player to read them either.

They're very inconsistent with this: they had a spot in the main news post on Saradomin a bit back, but have not mentioned at all others.

I have no pity for those who do not read the main news: but I do have sympathy for those who do not read the RSOF.

Weve made some changes to dangerous Clan Wars fights. In such matches, you may be able to collect some of your defeated foes' items - food, potions, runes and other ammunition - assuming you can use them in the current battle (so you can't pick up food if the use of food has been disabled, for instance). Any such drops will affect both your and your victim's trade limit.

Notice that there is no mention of the gravestone change whatsoever.

Fair point, but you don't have to go as far as the forums to figure it out. It's in the KB. I'm also very certain that players have the option to read the Clan Wars screen to figure out if it's dangerous or not. Again, just because some people didn't pay attention doesn't mean that this is a huge shocker devastating surprise.

To be fair, the update said nothing relevant to this. It only mentioned that food drops could be looted now, within the limit. Some people could have inferred this, yes, but if Jagex hypothetically updated the game and stated "The Tormented Wraith has been given a more powerful attack to penetrate the proect from melee prayer so frequently used against him.", I would be pretty darn annoyed if I walked in there and took a 60 from a ranged attack that's not deflected by prayer.

Yeah, you're right, but if Jagex had did something along those lines, it isn't like they didn't tell you about the update outright.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Ok.. I have been looking at several sources before replying to this since I have never done clan wars..

If you choose "lose your items" you will lose all items on death. There are no gravestones, although protect item prayer works. Please note that you cannot loot killed players equipment, although if this option is selected, you may be able to harvest some of your enemies dropped supplies such as potions, food, and runes (if you have the war set to allow you to use these items).

I'm just wondering why people keep talking about losing their armor if everything I have read keeps say you only drop potions, food, ect...

Deadcoolman.png

Deadcoolman.png

Deadcoolman.png

Beer, Healing 1HP at a time.

I'm just wondering why people keep talking about losing their armor if everything I have read keeps say you only drop potions, food, ect...

Because when you die it tele's you out of the arena with nothing, and since there are no longer gravestones you lose everything.

In other news...

We'd like to remind players that dangerous Clan Wars matches (including the dangerous free-for-all arena) now allow you to pick up some of your opponents' items to replenish your supplies - food, potions, runes and other ammunition - and that there are now NO gravestones in these arenas. This means that you will be unable to recover any items you drop, so only take items you don't mind risking.

Better late than never I suppose.

2153_s.gif

userbar_full.png

The Wise Old Man is to the rescue, he's going berserk trying to make sure everyone knows there are no longer gravestones in Dangerous FFA.

He's my RuneScape hero. <3

But I'm not surprised from this update, but I'd much rather have preferred a bank. Oh well there's more meaning to dangerous clan wars now than before.

Ah. I see.. So even though they never mention the loss of armor, you lose it anyway? I see why people are complaining then.

You quoted the exact post that says you now lose armour, yet you still think they didn't mention that you lose items on death?

Ok.. I have been looking at several sources before replying to this since I have never done clan wars..

If you choose "lose your items" you will lose all items on death. There are no gravestones, although protect item prayer works. Please note that you cannot loot killed players equipment, although if this option is selected, you may be able to harvest some of your enemies dropped supplies such as potions, food, and runes (if you have the war set to allow you to use these items).

Notice the bolded text, it quite clearly states that upon death you lose ALL your items.

Back on track, about time they finally changed this. Was abit pointless before as the safe and dangerous FFA portals were exactly the same, as you didn't lose items in either of them. Unless ofcourse you were too stupid/slow to run back and loot from your gravestone.

s_dav135.png