A request of friends [all 10 threads found]

trapical

Hey guys, it's been awhile. How have you all been holding up?

Personally, I have been keeping pretty busy. Sorry I haven't been posting much these days. This is my last real semester of university and my med school apps are all in the air right now.

I have been in contact with quite a few of you over the years through email and PMs. I seems that regardless of my other accomplishments on TIF, the series I wrote fifteen months ago (now referred to on these forums as "Trapical's Ten") seemed to have stuck with quite a few people. It brings joy every time I hear a mention of how much someone enjoyed reading them or how much they changed someone's world view. It does sadden me however that I no longer have a copy of these very threads that I wrote, especially when I get emails from people who want to read them again. It is a bit depressing to turn away people who come for something that I wrote for them those many moons ago.

If anyone would happen to have a copy of the original 10 threads (before the TIF move to the new phpBB that messed up the formatting) could you please email them to me at [email protected]? It is a request of friends, and I shall repay your efforts doing what I do best: I shall do my best to start posting on these hallowed forums once more.

I thank you in advance.

EDIT: Huge thanks to mistywerty, who found a copy of them on her iPod. She posted at the end of the 2nd page

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I'm trying to look through google's cache now but the search ""Day 1: Ten Days, Ten Threads" site:Forum.tip.it" doesn't seem to bring up anything.

My guess is someone would have had to save the page directly. Even then, I'm not sure whether you can retrieve threads from the old format.

They definitely wouldn't have been deleted in the forum roll-back.

I was actually active back then, one of my previous on-off periods of activity. I remember them, but unfortunately never was able to save them.

Here's hoping for their safe return. Otherwise, we could try cleaning them.

C2b6gs7.png

Unfortunately you won't get any results using the forum's search function either. Due to the rollback, it won't find anything posted before that. It only finds stuff made after the rollback.

I remember them vaguely, was a good read. :)

spacescenev24.jpg

Unfortunately you won't get any results using the forum's search function either. Due to the rollback, it won't find anything posted before that. It only finds stuff made after the rollback.

They are still on these forums? What stops us from going through a few hundred pages to find them?

I'd very much like to read the 9 first pieces

They are still on these forums? What stops us from going through a few hundred pages to find them?

I'd very much like to read the 9 first pieces

the new phpBB 3 forum has messed with the format so half of them is all weird symbols.

however, i would imagine that possibly if someone who has access to the mySql database that all the posts are stored in and could find it in the thousands of entrys, then maybe those database entry's could be copied to a phpBB 2 forum and they would be formatted correctly?

not sure if it would work but just an idea.

anyway i haven't read any of your storys but i would really like to if someone had a copy

Yea, as with a lot of longer posts, they seem to die after x characters is reached. Some problem with the database backup i'd assume or similar. Either way it's a massive shame.

I thought it was all the apostrophes got turned to ââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃÂ

It is, so in theory they should be readable if you remove all that. I can't remember what they were like when they were first published so I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I had saved a portion of your wonderful speeches as data for a school report (don't worry, you were cited). Unfortunatly I don't know the thread it came from and it's not the entire thread, just a segment. Hopefully it helps :|

[hide=AIDS vs Malaria]-The price of the newest AIDS medication (which doesnt even cure AIDS) is called Atripla. Thirty tablets cost $1,297.61

-The price of the newest malarial medication (which saves the persons life) is called ACT . Thirty tablets cost $29.90

Okay, now lets see what people are spending their donations buying. $700 million are spent on Malaria each year. $15 billion is spent towards AIDS relief. Yes 700 million is a fairly large sum, but more is spent in Iraq in one day. And 15 billion for AIDS? Thats fantastic that people are donating that much, but why people are spending that much on overpriced drugs that just prolong death a few years, when a tenth of that would be enough to essentially stop malaria dead in its tracks? You want a reason why? Well, the fact is most people dont care. They dont care about Malaria because it isnt in Europe, the U.S, or Japan. Its only in far away places like Africa and India. AIDS on the other hand in their country, they might know someone who knows someone with AIDS, and they feel threatened by it so they feel the need to act. So time goes on, and every 30 seconds a child dies from a disease, curable with the that that costs as much as a can of soda, and during this time people continue to donate thousand dollar drugs to people who die in 6 months anyway. But AIDS is not the one to blame, the blame lies on the dual societies of our world. We should easily be able to help both AIDS victims and end Malaria, there is no excuse.[/hide]

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Yeah just turn the ÃÆââââ into apostrophes. I had a look through the threads and it seems that's the only problem with them. I only vaguely remember the originals so i'm not sure if any other data is missing.. but they're at least readable when you get rid of the crazy symbols.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Yes, I remember vididly that someone said that he was going to make a copy of every article,

to read them through again in some months.

Im not sure who did it, but I do know there are some people out there who own copies.

I read through the posts on a couple of the articles, and I found that trihylians said he was going to. I sent them a pm to ask them if he could post them, but the last visited date was in July of 08, so hopefully he'll log on for some reason. Cross your fingers. :pray:

Yes, I remember vididly that someone said that he was going to make a copy of every article,

to read them through again in some months.

Im not sure who did it, but I do know there are some people out there who own copies.

I read through the posts on a couple of the articles, and I found that trihylians said he was going to. I sent them a pm to ask them if he could post them, but the last visited date was in July of 08, so hopefully he'll log on for some reason. Cross your fingers. :pray:

Wow, that was good thinking, thanks for your work ::'

I'll search my old computer one more time to see if I saved them under something different. Anyway, thanks everyone, it's nice to see you all again!

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

i googled your name to see if anyone else may have posted them elsewhere and this was the first result:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trapical

A cool guy

"Trapical is awesome"

by Jimmy-Jimmy Nov 24, 2003

The coolest guy to ever post on any message board. Ever

"Holy!!! Wow Trap, that was one awesome thread!!! :D

by Lightning Nov 24, 2003

im assuming they are referring to you, but 2003 is a little early to be referring to these topics.

Trapical, I didn't know you personally but after reading your posts (especially the one about drugs and the 10th day) I've been looking at the world as if with eyes of somebody much older.

I truly, with all of my heart, thank ye for those threads I would never imagine that a simple post on a forum could change my life so much.

Please, somebody try to look for the posts, as my copies died after my computers hard drive crashed.

I just read through the mangled, bloodied bits of what's left... and now I'm sad because there's no more.

I SO hope trihylian finds them soon... or at least even gets the message.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.