Uber High LVL Forum! Apply now! 99 everything! Nice life, to

Wkw

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, looks like Jagex is trying to bring more Clan Support. I find the Clan Leaders board a good idea so they can ask suggestions from actual large clans rather than sorting through random topics that have nothing to do with clans.

Don't worry we're pulling for ya'. 4 pages so far and most topics are suggestions.

Its a shame that the post on RSOF was locked, oh well guess I'll just have to blow off some steam here where the Jagex appologists post all day.

Dear Jagex,

Do you realize who you selected to take suggestions from to improve your game?

You are asking people who:

#1 )Are entertained by anything (even a dot moving accross the screen). (200Mil XP club)

#2 )Don't have any opinions or thoughts based on other games or life for that matter since they live on runescape (All 99ers club)

#3 )Who like to organize into gangs to kill people, cheat, manipluate, and steal stuff (clan leaders)

Isn't this like asking a RWTer how to stop RWTing?

If it is, your doing a great job just like good old George Bush. (P.S. George, tell me how that bailout is working and for which country is it again?)

So:

1. You are not entertained by Runescape, of which then you have no bussiness bothering about the forums.

2. Everyone who is good at a game obviously no lifes.

3. Every clan is centered on PK'ing, RWT'ing, bug abuse, taking advantage of others, and manipulating the market? Did it ever occur to you why people join clans? Certainly not for fun, because we are just entertained by the tiny little pixels.

Stop with the George Bush analogies, they have nothing to do with this thread. And while I'm sure someone ranting about George Bush on a public (or private depending on how you look at it) Runescape forums is more knowledgeable than Congress, the Secretary of Commerce, and the President, etc, I don't think this is the right place to do it.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I know for a fact the forum either isn't ONLY open to clan leaders, or jagex are just way behind on the times. The ex-leader of my cw clan, who was ousted over 5 MONTHS ago, joined other clans and has recently rejoined as a regular member has been given access to the leader forum. In no way is he a clan leader anymore, he is a regular member, but yet still has access. Seems a bit stupid to me.

I know you already know this, but to clear up to others.. ;)

He IS a leader of a merchanter clan.

I'd like to know if I now started a clan, how big it would have to be to get me access to this forum.

I don't feel like getting maxed total just to view a forum :^o

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, because I just read the first 2 pages then skipped here, but here goes.

Yes, they chose people with 99 everything. Yes, you can get that without knowing much about the game. Yes, some people might not have the best attitudes. However, judging by what i've been hearing from the people with 99 everything themselves, this forum is mainly for the smaller details. It's not for the epic updates, it's for the things "in other news." For example, things like shortening up the bog event in temple trekking, make the progress bar at GE in HD work, making level 5 attacker and collector in barbarian assault more useful, If you're wearing a slayer cape, you should be able to kill gargoyles without a rock hammer, make broodoo victims disappear after having been lured out after a few minutes, stuff like that. Who's better to ask than the people who've put time into every single skill in the game?

Yes, there are people who are more knowledgeable in certain areas than people with 99 everything (like someone with gold cw talking about cw), but those are a LOT harder to pick out. The easiest and most effective thing that they could do was just take the 2376ers, they know what annoys them. If they want change something they're not very familiar with or want something to post, they can ask a friend for something to say

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, because I just read the first 2 pages then skipped here, but here goes.

Yes, they chose people with 99 everything. Yes, you can get that without knowing much about the game. Yes, some people might not have the best attitudes. However, judging by what i've been hearing from the people with 99 everything themselves, this forum is mainly for the smaller details. It's not for the epic updates, it's for the things "in other news." For example, things like shortening up the bog event in temple trekking, make the progress bar at GE in HD work, making level 5 attacker and collector in barbarian assault more useful, If you're wearing a slayer cape, you should be able to kill gargoyles without a rock hammer, make broodoo victims disappear after having been lured out after a few minutes, stuff like that. Who's better to ask than the people who've put time into every single skill in the game?

Yes, there are people who are more knowledgeable in certain areas than people with 99 everything (like someone with gold cw talking about cw), but those are a LOT harder to pick out. The easiest and most effective thing that they could do was just take the 2376ers, they know what annoys them. If they want change something they're not very familiar with or want something to post, they can ask a friend for something to say

this guy is right <3: ;)

edit: l0rd is right to.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Exactly what I said on page 2.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

ok sorry ill edit my post l0rd :geek:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

ok sorry ill edit my post l0rd :geek:

NO, I want hugs and handshakes irl.

Ot: I wonder if they are inviting all maxed-overall players, or players close to it that have might have more experience than alot of the maxed-players, such as Zezima.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I've been shwon various suggestions made by people within the maxed out forum, and it seems they are mainly suggesting things for themselves, which imo seems rather pointless. There is an incredibly limited amount of maxed out players, so having updates for just them seems a pointless one. One line of updates suggested and discussed there is the increasing of the level cap. (yeah those maxed out people want to max further :wall: ) Its been suggested to increase the cap to around 110, and to give special abilities available at those levels or experience milestones such as 20m 50m etc. Although one of the mods thought a more sensible idea and to give an additional item along with a 99 skill cape that gives an ability in that skill. But if you read remarks in the recent thread for the most recent tip it times, you'l know that alot of people think that the skill capes ruined alot of the economy, so imo these items would double the effect.

Thats the only real negative thing that i've seen inside the forum.

I'm trying to push all the maxed out people i know (more than you'd think) to push for additional defence to cw deco armour though lol.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I agree they should raise the lvl cap, but raising it to 110 would be pointless.

Is there alot of suggestions in these new forums already?

Is Jagex mods active in them?

Has anything like junk trading or manipulation been brought up?

So many questions, so little people with answers. -.-

swordwarior.png

My two cents...

They just want to make the elite feel more special. To be honest - they do have the most experience in any skills and their opinions are going to be valued more than your average runescaper.

I'd rather have players that know what they're doing, and how to improve the game making suggestions, than a jagex mod.

A maxed out player would have more knowledge than most Jagex staff on the in - game aspects of the game.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Because if you have 99 in everything you automatically have a greater knowledge of game? what a load of -censore-.

Meh do what they want :S

Yes, actually.

No, actually, you don't automatically have a greater knowledge of the game once you're maxed. Keyword being automatically in case you missed it the original post, and my response.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Because if you have 99 in everything you automatically have a greater knowledge of game? what a load of -censore-.

Meh do what they want :S

Yes, actually.

No, actually, you don't automatically have a greater knowledge of the game once you're maxed. Keyword being automatically in case you missed it the original post, and my response.

So you're saying that you do not have to have completely maxed stats to know what it's like? How to get there? What those players are able to do with what they have? You know, I know, we all know exactly what they know, they just have more time?

I personally am not so naive to think that I have the same knowledge and experience as a maxed player.

Zarfot is a great example. All you have to do is look at his extremely comprehensive collection of guides on the RSOF to know that he's far more knowledgeable on the subject of Runescape than any one of us. The difference between him and a lot of other maxed players is that he's written guides on his methods.

Please, show me a player who does not have maxed stats that can compare to the level at which these people play the game.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

+1, well said.

So you're saying that you do not have to have completely maxed stats to know what it's like? How to get there? What those players are able to do with what they have? You know, I know, we all know exactly what they know, they just have more time?

I personally am not so naive to think that I have the same knowledge and experience as a maxed player.

Zarfot is a great example. All you have to do is look at his extremely comprehensive collection of guides on the RSOF to know that he's far more knowledgeable on the subject of Runescape than any one of us. The difference between him and a lot of other maxed players is that he's written guides on his methods.

Please, show me a player who does not have maxed stats that can compare to the level at which these people play the game.

+1.

If you had to guess which player had more knowledge of Runescape between someone with 1500 total and a maxed player, who would you pick?

sig.png

+1.

If you had to guess which player had more knowledge of Runescape between someone with 1500 total and a maxed player, who would you pick?

What about players who have been playing for a long time. Usually if someone has been playing for a long time they have tried a little bit of everything. From pking to skilling. The only thing there would be that forum would be filled with "bring wildy back pl0x" threads.

+1.

What about players who have been playing for a long time. Usually if someone has been playing for a long time they have tried a little bit of everything. From pking to skilling. The only thing there would be that forum would be filled with "bring wildy back pl0x" threads.

I would fall under that category. I've been playing for seven years, and I probably know the fastest way to get to 99 in most skills. Being experienced isn't just knowing how to theoretically do something, it's knowing what it's like, and actually doing it. No one can say that they know what it's like to have maxed total, and no one can say that they know just as much when all they know are the theories behind leveling each and every skill. Not only that, but what do you do when you've maxed every skill? We don't know, we've never been in that situation.

dgs5.jpg

Right, because it was maxed players who discovered the best methods of training for every single skill, maxed players discovered the best method of killing every boss, all maxed players did every quest without using a guide, maxed players are more knowledgeable when it comes to dungeons, islands, various areas, etc.

I'm sorry but if you honestly think that having maxed stats means you automatically know more about the game than one who doesn't have maxed stats then it's pointless to continue any sort of conversation with you.

Edit: As far as "we don't know what to do after we're maxed since we've never been in that situation", I beg to differ - Getting all skills to 99 is a goal that a player sets and they work to achieve that goal, thus it's conceptually the same as someone setting an "ultimate" goal of maxing all combat skills and once they have that, they have no more goals in the game.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Right, because it was maxed players who discovered the best methods of training for every single skill, maxed players discovered the best method of killing every boss, all maxed players did every quest without using a guide, maxed players are more knowledgeable when it comes to dungeons, islands, various areas, etc.

I'm sorry but if you honestly think that having maxed stats means you automatically know more about the game than one who doesn't have maxed stats then it's pointless to continue any sort of conversation with you.

Edit: As far as "we don't know what to do after we're maxed since we've never been in that situation", I beg to differ - Getting all skills to 99 is a goal that a player sets and they work to achieve that goal, thus it's conceptually the same as someone setting an "ultimate" goal of maxing all combat skills and once they have that, they have no more goals in the game.

I don't believe I ever once stated that maxed players discovered how to best train every skill, kill every boss, etc, etc. Obviously there are players who know more about particular aspects of the game than the maxed players. But that's the thing, they know more about certain subjects, but they do not possess the overall knowledge of the game that a maxed player has.

And you keep using the word automatically. I agree with you on that account. When a player obtains 2,376 total, they do not get a big box in the mail full of R00nSc4p3 NOELEGE!!!1!

:roll: Right, because it's not like they EARNED that knowledge playing the game or anything.

And on your last point, it is NOT conceptually the same as a player maxing combat. There you go using speculation and theory. You can't claim that a player possesses the same knowledge and experience as a maxed player just because they know how to theoretically level each skill. You've given the example of a player maxing combat. That player knows how to max combat. There. That's it. He/she may know a lot about combat, but what could this player tell me about getting 99 mining, smithing, herblore, farming? At best, he/she could tell me what they read from a guide.

dgs5.jpg