Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Then your getting less efficient XP. You people have a hard time realizing that. Your training it in an inefficient manner, and you will end up with MUCH less money in the long run.

THIS. THIS. A thousand times THIS. Slaying the lazy way is like mining coal to train mining. You're going to get tons of money by the time you get 99! In four years!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people who fancy a high total level, it certainly doesn't suck. It kills multiple birds with one stone. Most people who suggest to train Slayer are under the assumption that you are aiming to make your skills as high as possible. Generally, this holds true for the majority of RS. People would rather take a Genie Lamp than drop it (XP > No XP, with the exception of pures).

For people who fancy a high total level, it certainly doesn't suck. It kills multiple birds with one stone. Most people who suggest to train Slayer are under the assumption that you are aiming to make your skills as high as possible. Generally, this holds true for the majority of RS. People would rather take a Genie Lamp than drop it (XP > No XP, with the exception of pures).

See a few dozen pages back, where it was mentioned that total levels, for virtually all people, can be trained faster using other, easier to train skills then slayer. Unless your completely maxed out, or very near maxed out, there's skills with faster levels then slayer at 85+.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

See a few dozen pages back, where it was mentioned that total levels, for virtually all people, can be trained faster using other, easier to train skills then slayer. Unless your completely maxed out, or very near maxed out, there's skills with faster levels then slayer at 85+.

I'd wager a lot of people have the intentions of maxing out completely, albeit very few actually stick to it and manage. I know it doesn't speak for everyone, but it seemed like almost every friend I had shared the same [potential] goal as me - maxing out completely. Of course I abandoned this goal when I realized how grueling maxing out Herblore, Agility, Runecrafting, and Mining would be, but it was still my incentive for training Slayer with Combat instead of just Combat alone. Under these circumstances, it is completely rational for someone to advise another player to train Slayer.

You wouldn't place value on a high total level unless you were planning on maxing in one way or another. You'd be correct if the player's goal was to max every skill with the EXCEPTION of Slayer, but I think that'd be kind of weird and pointless. More often than not, a player looking for a high total level would prefer to keep his/her stats roughly equal, hence the reason we place so much value on "all 60+, 70+, 80+," etc. The same does not apply to total experience, obviously.

dgs5.jpg

You wouldn't place value on a high total level unless you were planning on maxing in one way or another. You'd be correct if the player's goal was to max every skill with the EXCEPTION of Slayer, but I think that'd be kind of weird and pointless. More often than not, a player looking for a high total level would prefer to keep his/her stats roughly equal, hence the reason we place so much value on "all 60+, 70+, 80+," etc. The same does not apply to total experience, obviously.

It depends - how many players could honestly say they think they will max out all of their stats? Also, look, for example, at your stats. Your level 80 fletching - you can get over 100k XP\h on that. 64 thieving? That breaks 200k XP\h. Same can be said for almost all of your non-combat skills. If you wanted total levels, you could get hundreds of them from your secondary skills before you even thought about leveling slayer at 20k XP\h.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It depends - how many players could honestly say they think they will max out all of their stats?

Players can't predict the future. If they could then what incentive would they have to raise some of their skills? Why would I randomly want to stop at a total level of 2100? That wasn't my goal when I started.

Also, look, for example, at your stats. Your level 80 fletching - you can get over 100k XP\h on that. 64 thieving? That breaks 200k XP\h. Same can be said for almost all of your non-combat skills. If you wanted total levels, you could get hundreds of them from your secondary skills before you even thought about leveling slayer at 20k XP\h.

You don't only get 20k XP. There is also a hefty amount of Melee, Hitpoints, and perhaps even Summoning Xp attached to training Slayer.

It depends - how many players could honestly say they think they will max out all of their stats? Also, look, for example, at your stats. Your level 80 fletching - you can get over 100k XP\h on that. 64 thieving? That breaks 200k XP\h. Same can be said for almost all of your non-combat skills. If you wanted total levels, you could get hundreds of them from your secondary skills before you even thought about leveling slayer at 20k XP\h.

And that's why I said that most players would prefer to raise their stats at a roughly equal rate.

dgs5.jpg

And that's why I said that most players would prefer to raise their stats at a roughly equal rate.

Then they certainly aren't aiming for total levels. Total levels would be best obtained by maxing out easy skills before even thinking about skills like slayer, summoning, runecrafting, and mining.

You don't only get 20k XP. There is also a hefty amount of Melee, Hitpoints, and perhaps even Summoning Xp attached to training Slayer.

All of which can be obtained at a faster rate elsewhere

Players can't predict the future. If they could then what incentive would they have to raise some of their skills? Why would I randomly want to stop at a total level of 2100? That wasn't my goal when I started.

Then what was your goal? In all honesty, very few players can say that they will be able to devote the time necessary to maxing out. Tens of thousands of hours, playing years on end for 5+ hours a day - very few players are that dedicated.

DeviledEgg24.png

In all honesty, very few players can say that they will be able to devote the time necessary to maxing out. Tens of thousands of hours, playing years on end for 5+ hours a day - very few players are that dedicated.

This is true, but it doesn't mean that behaving in the way to max out is a bad idea. Sure, slayer is a combined 100-140k xp per hour and is less than some skills like cooking, thieving and firemaking but it's a lot better than runecrafting and agility. Meaning someone slaying will get more overall levels than someone maxing out combat then going after rc and agility.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

That's only true to a certain point. The thing about total levels is that most pepole have higher combats then skills - look at you; you've maxed out combat, but you have many low skills. Same thing with mine. Combats are generally the higher skills, and are easier for most people to train.

DeviledEgg24.png

Can't argue with that. Combat is what drives me to play RS. PvM mainly, I suck big time at PVP. In fact I was just posting to make sure we are on agreement on that point :

- if your goal is to raise your total level and eventually max out... train combat through slayer

- if your goal is to get a high combat level as fast as possible to play as a high combat character - stay away from slayer (or just unlock magic darts at 55)

Talking about low skills : my agility training is called "the circus" and my hunter training is called "tears of guthix" with the occasional impling. I just can't stand training those properly, let's just say I'm glad I get 6k xp per week!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

In fact I was just posting to make sure we are on agreement on that point :

- if your goal is to raise your total level and eventually max out... train combat through slayer

- if your goal is to get a high combat level as fast as possible to play as a high combat character - stay away from slayer (or just unlock magic darts at 55)

This was also my point.

dgs5.jpg

That plus the total levels argument for slayer is pointless. Ignore it unless you seriously plan on maxing out, which virtually no one does.

DeviledEgg24.png

That plus the total levels argument for slayer is pointless. Ignore it unless you seriously plan on maxing out, which virtually no one does.

I did. My brother did. The majority of people on my friends list did.

I did. My brother did. The majority of people on my friends list did.

Well... its kind of like dreaming to be a superstar.

Every kid wants to grow up and be this unstoppable sports player when they grow up. They want to be rich and famous and dream of living forever. They have no other plan that is it. No kids dreams are second rate (don't bring up 3rd world countries) they all want to be the star. That chance is one and a million (or more). The chance that your child will be diagnosed with autism 1/150. Learn more at http://www.Autismspeaks.org

I was on an airplane and saw this add PLENTY of times. Sorry had to let it out.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

So does that mean that they shouldn't buy guitars and try?

hl_odds.jpg

Number of great rockstars ~300

Number of unemployed people in the us ~30 million (I hope i didn't calc this wrong)

With those rates you should sell the guitar and buy lotto tickets... or get a job.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

If this was the rule we lived by (if it's improbable then don't even try) then there would be no rock stars. We wouldn't have went to the moon. We wouldn't have invented televisions. We wouldn't have any 99 Slayers. Is a world without any hope really that glorious?

And how do you know you're not going to get 99 Slayer unless you at least attempt it and see your limitations?

If this was the rule we lived by (if it's improbable then don't even try) then there would be no rock stars. We wouldn't have went to the moon. We wouldn't have invented televisions. We wouldn't have any 99 Slayers. Is a world without any hope really that glorious?

That is how I live my life, honestly, everyone is going to try their luck at sports/guitar/piano and most wont make it. If your good your good.

And how do you know you're not going to get 99 Slayer unless you at least attempt it and see your limitations?

Runescape is just a game. Everyone who epicly fails at runescape has real life to fall back on. That being said, if you like slayer, train it. If you don't, train other skills. You cant possibly like every single skill even so you will have to grind it to 99.

If you like slayer, train it as this rant doesn't apply much to you.

If you dont like slayer, train it last when you have all other 99's/have rc to train :roll:.

PS: Are you back to playing again?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Give me a break. These aren't unexplored things that no one else has done - it's a simple matter of investing time. The time to max out is unbelievable - interviews with top players like Zezima and N0valyfe reveal they play 10+ hours a day, 7 days a week, for years on end. A high level in RS requires absolutely nothing besides time. Unfortunately, you don't level because of hope, vision, time, or glory. You level because you spent the 500 hours cutting logs into bows or crafting runes, doing the exact same thing hundreds of thousands of times.

Point being: It's time that determines your levels, not your vision or hope.

DeviledEgg24.png