Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Well, aren't they? I thought that's what you were basing your argument upon........ Slayer vs Armoured Zombies/Zombie Monkeys......

There are two arguments here:

#1, XP\Profit (Numbers)

#2, Fun (Opinion)

Now, on the numbers side of it, slayer is obviously inferior to zombies. But on the opinion side of it, I believe slayer is superior to zombies. He was talking about the opinion side, so I'm not sure what he believes - he said he thinks differently then me, so he must hate slayer and like zombies, but I didn't get the food analogy.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, aren't they? I thought that's what you were basing your argument upon........ Slayer vs Armoured Zombies/Zombie Monkeys......

There are two arguments here:

#1, XP\Profit (Numbers)

#2, Fun (Opinion)

Now, on the numbers side of it, slayer is obviously inferior to zombies. But on the opinion side of it, I believe slayer is superior to zombies. He was talking about the opinion side, so I'm not sure what he believes - he said he thinks differently then me, so he must hate slayer and like zombies, but I didn't get the food analogy.

I believe your IQ is 142.

143, or so mensa says ;)

What do you mean, though?

edit2: looking below it actually looks like you dont think im trolling. in that case, ignore the above.

Your arguing, not trolling. I was just happy there was a debate, but it seems to have ended :|

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

143, or so mensa says ;)

What do you mean, though?

edit2: looking below it actually looks like you dont think im trolling. in that case, ignore the above.

Your arguing, not trolling. I was just happy there was a debate, but it seems to have ended :|

what debate? i was just attempting to frustrate you to enjoy myself. certainly laughed a lot thats for true.

and the iq thing...maybe you should understand the food analogy..

what debate? i was just attempting to frustrate you to enjoy myself. certainly laughed a lot thats for true.

Nice to know you laughed, but the (apparently) trolling certainly didn't work - I enjoy proving people wrong, and I conclusively did so to you 8-)

and the iq thing...maybe you should understand the food analogy..

Not at all, he's self contradicting. First he says he disagrees with me, then he makes an analogy saying that slayer is better.

DeviledEgg24.png

I remember seeing a list of how long it took to get to each Slayer spot. The highest was like 6 minutes and most were 2 minutes. This isn't that much when you compare it to skills where you have to gather secondaries or have to bank a lot. There is wasted time in almost all of the skills. I see no reason to single Slayer out when it comes to this.

I agree. I'm not, but he is.

I don't see why you are bringing up these things? You stated that people would be better of doing slayer separately and then making money separately through avansies and then training summoning separately assuming they make a certain amount of income because apparently that would make Rock Lobs beneficial. I am disputing this point. I don't know how what you posted above is relevant. As for slayer, most slayer masters have what; some 20 odd tasks or so? Most of the time it is repeat tasks anyways, this would be evident if you tried to see how long it takes for one peculiar master to give you all of tasks once atleast; that would be a long time. So once you 'get into' slayer, it is quite easy to get tasks done efficiently.

You can't camp Rock Lobs from the start but you are suggesting that somewhere down the line you are better of just bursting those and doing slayer separately. What I am trying to get at is, if you do slayer, even to get your melee combats to a particular point, it will be beneficial to you in many ways because you are doing all of those things at once. For instance, when you train slayer; you are getting charms, you are getting money(not the best money maker or a great one but a moderately decent amount), you are training melee, you are training range and mage to an extent, you are getting some very potentially useful drops that will open doors to other skills. If you are someone who is a medium level player, that is far better than transitioning between 10-20 different things.

You don't understand. All those 'transition times' are ALREADY factored in to my calculations. Take a closer look.

I am just going to assume at this point you have nothing to reply with.

I am just going to assume at this point you have nothing to reply with.

You just quoted my response. It's those lines underneath where I quoted you detailing how and why you are wrong. I'll be eagerly awaiting your rebuttal.

DeviledEgg24.png

Congratulations on 60 pages.

I'm already the longest thread in the entire history of rants, and in 22 more posts I'll be the longest thread including stickies :twisted:

DeviledEgg24.png

Lets make that 21 posts.

Anyway, slayer sucks is a very controversial subject, everyone seems to love slayer, and refuse to read your first post so come in here saying random things about how its so fun.

That or else trying to troll me into getting angry. I haven't had a good debate on this thread in over a week :|

Oh, and I lied. It's only 19 posts now. According to my profile, I have 367 posts on this thread - almost 1/3rd the total posts 8-)

DeviledEgg24.png

Rather than saying, "I don't like this, it sucks," you need to present a valid argument for your rant and back it up.

You can still say it sucks, but you have to back it up. And judging from the replies, I've done a semi-decent job at that thus far ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

We only need 10,000 more views also.

True, I'm behind 3 stickies for overall viewcount, but I'm #1 for regular threads.

As for character count, my thread trumps all 8-)

Yay. Way to feed my egotistical, arrogant, jerky self :shock:

DeviledEgg24.png

I so agree...

Also, yay i got more than 700 posts in a few months of being in this forum.

Proof that postcount means nothing.

Not at all. It worked perfectly. It showed how many times you posted, and indirectly, how involved you are in TIF, and how many discussions you've taken place in.

DeviledEgg24.png

So? Your still participating in discussions and being involved in TIF ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

But your way of thinking is like standing in front of a luxury buffet with the finest food in the world, cooked by the best chefs............and then only taking the bit with the most callories.

What? Are you trying to say Armored Zombies is the best way to train? I love training slayer, and I don't get what training it has to do with eating the heaviest calorie food. :roll:

Where did i mention armoured zombies??

And if you dont understand my little analogy that leaves even more doubts about your way of reasoning.

Where did i mention armoured zombies??

And if you dont understand my little analogy that leaves even more doubts about your way of reasoning.

You mentioned the 'best training method', which IS armored zombies. So which is it? Do you agree with me that slayer is the best training method, or do you think that only speed matters and think that Armored Zombies is the best?

Also, it's not my fault I couldn't understand your post - it was hard enough to work through the haze of spelling and grammar errors along with poor sentance structure. I suggest consulting these two books before attempting to make a point again in the future:

[hide=]grammar-book.jpg

51%2BjGVeu76L._SS500_.jpg[/hide]

DeviledEgg24.png