Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Here's a suggestion: Read the replys before posting on this thread, just like it says in my first post. Zarfot already posted on this thread, and after almost 2,000 pages of debate everything was settled and my rates were proved correct due to numerous variables in his, including banking time and summon methods used.

Do you seriously expect everyone to troll through 58 [bleep]ing pages? Wow, just because you don't go outside (going to fix peoples computers doesn't count buddy)

Oh, so now your going to make up crap about losing your rates? Well, let me know when you re test then and your welcome to come back and argue them. Until then, I'm afraid my, Qeltar's, Zarfot's, ydraisel, Inushkant, and langerkiller's rates trump your non-existent ones.

I have no idea what your trying to prove by saying your ordering a new motherboard, that has precisely zero to do with reformatting and backing up. Don't try to make stuff up, I've been a computer consultant for almost 2 decades :roll:

Jumping [bleep]ing Jacks. If you a computer consultant (And maybe you are), you'd probably know that when you order a Mobo with a different chipset/bios to the original one, that it will hang while verifying the boot data, which can either be resolved by a bios update (Which I had attempted) or to completely reinstall your operating system using the new system as a base.

Thank you for learning.

In fact, I have copies of emails I had sent and recieved to and from Gigabyte Corp. asking whether or not reformatting was my last option and the subsequent reply. Do you wish to see those too?

Oh yea, and I'm not going to rebuild my old system to back up some old Slayer Logs I would likely never use again.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, feel free to ask anyone around this forum. I'd give you a business card, but that's a little too stalkerish for me. Windows allows 3 hardware changes in 90 days, swapping a motherboard only accounts for two. Unless you changed hard drive and ram while your at it, your continuing to make crap up. And the magical computer pixies aren't going to eat your data unless you choose to reformat it without backing up.

Oh, and if you've swapped enough hardware to make windows authentication kick in, it's going to do the exact same thing when you try to key in the code on the reinstall. It's tied to the code, not the system. If it's a driver issue and not the authentication kicking in from a smaller hardware change, it's a matter of booting off a disk and updating the BIOS drivers. =D>

Also, it still doesn't matter in which way your numbers vanished. Show some proof in your argument or shut up. Come back if you get more, but make sure they're reliable - we have thousands of hours of testing behind ours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Oh yea, and I'm not going to rebuild my old system to back up some old Slayer Logs I would likely never use again.

So now you've been proven wrong, so you're going to say "Well I'm not going to do the work, it doesn't even really matter anyway." Tbh, if you can't give proof to your statements, why would you continue to argue? And if if you know you've been proven wrong and want to stop, why can't you just say so? Nope, you resort to "FINE, I don't care anyway."

-.-

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Since you've edited in extra information, I'll respond to that too:

In fact, I have copies of emails I had sent and recieved to and from Gigabyte Corp. asking whether or not reformatting was my last option and the subsequent reply. Do you wish to see those too?

Not unless they say your hard drive was trashed, the only situation where the files would be lost. And reformatting wouldn't help that at all.

So are they or arn't they lost? And if you don't want or have them, why are you trying to argue about them? :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Ok, First, I read your entire post. I then read the next 2-3 pages. Then i realized that there were 58 of the same crap and decided that i wasn't reading all of it.

You do have a valid point. The xp might be slower, the money might not be as good as doing GWD, or something else. I am not going to argue that. It all depends on drops.

What I do want to say, which I don't know if it was posted in pages 4-58, is this:

THIS IS A GAME. WTH cares if you got 99 att, str, and def in 2 weeks or 10 weeks? Isn't the entire purpose of this thing called Runescape to have fun? Same with the money. omg i don't have the money for a godsword cause i am doing slayer instead of xyz. Lets see, I can stop slaying for a bit and go to GWD, I could beg and bother people for 3K plox, or w/e.

I am not flaming you for your opinion. You are entitled to it. I am not flaming you at all. I just want you to realize that you are saying a specific skill sucks, because it doesn't make YOU money and exp fast enough. Personally, I have made all my money training slayer. And no, I am not rich, don't have a gs, or bandos, etc. I have full dragon, no dfh, and about 5M cash. I am worth about 40-45M if I sell all. WHO CARES. It's a freaking game.

Last point is, unlike other skills, I am not naming, there is NO WAY to "buy" this skill.

Feel free to complain/flame/etc. about how I am wrong, like you have everyone else who doesn't just post that slayer sucks and they love you. As I said, you are entitled to your opinion and I, and other dedicated slayers are entitled to ours.

THIS IS A GAME. WTH cares if you got 99 att, str, and def in 2 weeks or 10 weeks? Isn't the entire purpose of this thing called Runescape to have fun? Same with the money. omg i don't have the money for a godsword cause i am doing slayer instead of xyz. Lets see, I can stop slaying for a bit and go to GWD, I could beg and bother people for 3K plox, or w/e.

I think you missed two parts of my post. The first part was where I covered the fun argument. The second post was where I said I loved the skill and it was one of my favorites.

DeviledEgg24.png

I saw the fun part, (to each his own) (perfectly acceptable) but not the part where you said that you loved the skill. I got that you thought it sucked.

Most of your arguments though lead me to believe that it was a matter of doing it "faster" and making "more money" this way as oppsed to slayer.

Well I never said I thought it sucked, so I guess you should re read the replies. As I said before, I love the skill.

DeviledEgg24.png

I am, feel free to ask anyone around this forum. I'd give you a business card, but that's a little too stalkerish for me. Windows allows 3 hardware changes in 90 days, swapping a motherboard only accounts for two. Unless you changed hard drive and ram while your at it, your continuing to make crap up. And the magical computer pixies aren't going to eat your data unless you choose to reformat it without backing up.

Oh, and if you've swapped enough hardware to make windows authentication kick in, it's going to do the exact same thing when you try to key in the code on the reinstall. It's tied to the code, not the system. If it's a driver issue and not the authentication kicking in from a smaller hardware change, it's a matter of booting off a disk and updating the BIOS drivers. =D>

Also, it still doesn't matter in which way your numbers vanished. Show some proof in your argument or shut up. Come back if you get more, but make sure they're reliable - we have thousands of hours of testing behind ours.

I think I just laughed so hard. I said motherboard because that's where the problem lies. I had updated my GFX card, RAM and CPU as well as adding a bluray drive (nice and cheap now at £40 twice the cost of a regular dvdrw, good for burning my downlowdz onto).

I did add a PSU as well, simply because my old 450W wasn't going to power a QuadCore2.6GHz and a Radeon 4850HD XXX edition, let alone when I overclock. But I would think a PSU have little effect upon windows authentification crapware.

Yes, I know the magical computer pixies aren't going to steal [cabbage]. The fact remains that reformatting was my only option to access my HDD barring purchasing an extra HDD and using the old one as a non-bootable storage device which really is a waste of money.

Who said my copy of windows was authentic? I'm obviously not saying it's unauthentic, that would be illegal :roll: but I never said it was authentic. Maybe it has something to do with that Dell symbol in my system menu even though it's a custom-built pc (and has been for 2 years).

Read my post, I said I had booted off a disk and updated the BIOS (successfuly, might I add) which did update my bios menu, but it would still hang when verifying the boot data.

Also, do you want a bank picture (Or a HD video recording using Fraps and re-econded into DivX 720p HD so you know it's not a photoshopped picture?) to prove I sold all my armour, runes, weapon etc a few weeks ago so that I could purchase 99 prayer? I have 1 set of rune and a rune scimitar to complete new quests as they come and 500k cash, which isn't going to buy me a whip, black mask or super potions.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't yet managed to max slayer and might have some motivation to train it #-o

Back to the actual topic. If you're saying it's faster to do completely seperate things to make money, earn charms, gain melee exp and the like rather than slaying, then you're as sorely misguided as people who believe it's faster to leave gold charms on the ground and pick up extra charms of other colours. Slayer combines all three into one manageable and much more efficient package if you're going for 90+ summoning, attack, stregtnh, defence, hp and large cash pile added ontop.

Well I never said I thought it sucked

SLAYER SUCKS

I think I just laughed so hard. I said motherboard because that's where the problem lies. I had updated my GFX card, RAM and CPU as well as adding a bluray drive (nice and cheap now at £40 twice the cost of a regular dvdrw, good for burning my downlowdz onto).

Yes, I know the magical computer pixies aren't going to steal [cabbage]. The fact remains that reformatting was my only option to access my HDD barring purchasing an extra HDD and using the old one as a non-bootable storage device which really is a waste of money.

Or you could repartition it through the setup program, install on the other partition, and recover files from the first. Or put it in an enclosure. Or put it in a friends computer. Very simple.

Who said my copy of windows was authentic? I'm obviously not saying it's unauthentic, that would be illegal :roll: but I never said it was authentic. Maybe it has something to do with that Dell symbol in my system menu even though it's a custom-built pc (and has been for 2 years).

Read my post, I said I had booted off a disk and updated the BIOS (successfully, might I add) which did update my bios menu, but it would still hang when verifying the boot data.

Then you shouldn't have any problem updating the drivers from the setup program, if authentication wasn't causing it. Updating the bios isn't going to do jack squat to the OS.

Back to the actual topic. If you're saying it's faster to do completely seperate things to make money, earn charms, gain melee exp and the like rather than slaying, then you're sorely misguided. Slayer combines all three into one manageable and much more efficient package if you're going for 90+ summoning, attack, stregtnh, defence, hp and large cash pile added ontop.

Actually, not only am I right, your dead wrong. Feel free to read the last 2,000 pages of replies that conclusively prove it, unlike your mythical 'slayer numbers' :roll:

Also, do you want a bank picture (Or a HD video recording using Fraps and re-econded into DivX 720p HD so you know it's not a photoshopped picture?) to prove I sold all my armour, runes, weapon etc a few weeks ago so that I could purchase 99 prayer? I have 1 set of rune and a rune scimitar to complete new quests as they come and 500k cash, which isn't going to buy me a whip, black mask or super potions.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't yet managed to max slayer and might have some motivation to train it #-o

Why do I care what your bank looks like? I'm interested in XP rates, not how much money you made on 99 slayer :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

id show u a picture of me laughing so hard i clutch my self but i just reformatedmy webcam

edit: huh. finally looks like you realised i was trolling you. i guess you're lying about that IQ of yours if it took that sentence above to realise it. Either way, Slayer is more efficeint in the long run. Took me 3 days of slayer to earn 1M exp in charms as well getting hundreds of thousands of slayer exp and a million or so in each attack strength and defence.

obviously im not going to apoligise for not keeping exact logs..... what kind of person devotes there whole life to logs and 6 page excel spreadsheets?

edit2: looking below it actually looks like you dont think im trolling. in that case, ignore the above.

I would assume so. Anything else to add, or should I just consider your made up numbers trumped by a few thousand hours of tests?

DeviledEgg24.png

I would assume so. Anything else to add, or should I just consider your made up numbers trumped by a few thousand hours of tests?

oops cant help u there i just reformatted my Opera web browser and my ethernet port just reformatted itself.

o, and by the time it takes to get 83 slayer ( a week or so provided you have semi-high stats ) then you can easily get 1-2 dragon boot drops/hour. that's 500-600k gp/hour depending on if you wait for the market trends between selling. so by training slayer, you unlock faster methods of gaining GEEPEEZ

You, sir, suck.

You fail to realize that the herb seeds, herbs, rune drops, runes, any other stackables add up, I usually get 100-300k in drops per task, just in RUNE drops, STACKABLES and HERBS, not counting drops like dragon boots, whips or things like that. I don't know if its that you dont pick them up or you just make up [cabbage] to support this

On to xp, how the hell do you only get 50k xp/h? do you not super pot, or use slayer helm? I easly get 80k xp/h with 95 attack and 96 strengh and not peitying or cannoning, not even counting the 10-15k range xp my geyser gets. On top of that, the hp xp is about 25k+. AND counting the xp you get from charms, about 30k summon xp/task, thats 150k per TASK, which usually lasts for hour to hour and 15 min, NOWHERE near 2 hours or whatever you say they take :roll:

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

You, sir, suck.

You fail to realize that the herb seeds, herbs, rune drops, runes, any other stackables add up, I usually get 100-300k in drops per task, just in RUNE drops, STACKABLES and HERBS, not counting drops like dragon boots, whips or things like that. I don't know if its that you dont pick them up or you just make up [cabbage] to support this

On to xp, how the hell do you only get 50k xp/h? do you not super pot, or use slayer helm? I easly get 80k xp/h with 95 attack and 96 strengh and not peitying or cannoning, not even counting the 10-15k range xp my geyser gets. On top of that, the hp xp is about 25k+. AND counting the xp you get from charms, about 30k summon xp/task, thats 150k per TASK, which usually lasts for hour to hour and 15 min, NOWHERE near 2 hours or whatever you say they take :roll:

All drops accounted for, details on numbers available on pages 10 to 20. Take a look there and argue with individual numbers if you want to make this into a debate.

oops cant help u there i just reformatted my Opera web browser and my ethernet port just reformatted itself.

Yeah, it must suck to be called out on not having any numbers to back your argument up in only the 2nd post

o, and by the time it takes to get 83 slayer ( a week or so provided you have semi-high stats ) then you can easily get 1-2 dragon boot drops/hour. that's 500-600k gp/hour depending on if you wait for the market trends between selling. so by training slayer, you unlock faster methods of gaining GEEPEEZ

Sorry, but dragon boots are only 476k per hour (page 23), and there are many other ways of earning money faster like DKS (0 slayer) GWD (0 slayer) Avansies (0 slayer) and Green Dragons (0 slayer).

DeviledEgg24.png

You, sir, suck.

lol i didnt think you'd use my epic photoshop sig (took me a few hours to make with beers inside me) outside of TSG.

woot im famous. selling sigs $50

Yeah, it must suck to be called out on not having any numbers to back your argument up in only the 2nd post

sorry, didn't realise I had to keep number for people to look at in the future instead of playing a game. in the future i'll act as though i'm at work and log down every single detail. HEY LOOK A DEAD PIXEL *writes*

sorry, didn't realise I had to keep number for people to look at in the future instead of playing a game. in the future i'll act as though i'm at work and log down every single detail. HEY LOOK A DEAD PIXEL *writes*

Dead pixels wouldn't influence your slayer numbers, so no worries there.

That being said, it's generally a good idea to log XP rates when your, you know, debating about XP rates. Otherwise you just end up making up numbers and then look stuipd when your proven wrong by actual testing.

DeviledEgg24.png

Dead pixels wouldn't influence your slayer numbers, so no worries there.

That being said, it's generally a good idea to log XP rates when your, you know, debating about XP rates. Otherwise you just end up making up numbers and then look stuipd when your proven wrong by actual testing.

Oh no, I wasn't making them up through sheer assumptions, I'm not that bad you know bud.

I was using the RuneSripts !Start and !Stop functions. Those will calculate exp rates for you without the need for a stopwatch/memory.

Fun Fact: I own neither of those.

Oh no, I wasn't making them up through sheer assumptions, I'm not that bad you know bud.

I was using the RuneSripts !Start and !Stop functions. Those will calculate exp rates for you without the need for a stopwatch/memory.

But they don't give timings for kills along with banking times and drop logs. Plus it's harder to dump them into Excel where they can be graphed and charted, or allow for random events.

DeviledEgg24.png

But they don't give timings for kills along with banking times and drop logs. Plus it's harder to dump them into Excel and allow for random events.

You don't get random events as long as you stay in constant combat anymore. Recent update (Thank god?). no, you don't dump them into excel. and I only allow myself 2-5 minutes banking, no issues there. I start the script when I first log into runescape and !stop when I log out, which believe it or not, also counts my banking times! And there is an in-game price checker (Are you one of those annoying people who shout PCPCPCPCPCPPCPC OMFG PC NOOBS in a bank because you don't realise it exists?) which I used to use before and after every task to calculate supplies used and profit gained.

compfreak,

Well i suck at calculations, i dont give a xxxx about xp rates, and i am quite sure there is better xp to be gotten elsewhere.

But your way of thinking is like standing in front of a luxury buffet with the finest food in the world, cooked by the best chefs............and then only taking the bit with the most callories.

:thumbdown:

Lacesso, the bottom line is you can't come into this thread claiming that everything that he has said (which is based on his and others thousands of hours of testing) is wrong when you don't have numbers of your own to show. You can't show up to a professor at college who doesn't have your paper grade and say you got a 98% and get that grade unless you bring in the paper that shows the grade you got. I'm not saying you didn't get the numbers you're saying you did, I'm saying don't expect us to believe you unless you actually show us your data.

That being said you can either show us the data or leave.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

You don't get random events as long as you stay in constant combat anymore. Recent update (Thank god?). no, you don't dump them into excel. and I only allow myself 2-5 minutes banking, no issues there. I start the script when I first log into runescape and !stop when I log out, which believe it or not, also counts my banking times! And there is an in-game price checker (Are you one of those annoying people who shout PCPCPCPCPCPPCPC OMFG PC NOOBS in a bank because you don't realise it exists?) which I used to use before and after every task to calculate supplies used and profit gained.

Who cares about your price checker? Item prices change. That dark bow might have been 2.7m when you did the task, but that doesn't mean your going to make 4m an hour. Randoms are quite common when banking and getting tasks, I missed out on a wihp earlier today from it. Banking times MUST be separated for accurate data, as the variability is too high; they are calculated secondly. How do ypu plan on recording them without 'dumping' into excel, and how can you do ANY calculations on it? It's almost impossible to average out rates based on frequency and probability of drops using a simple calculator and notepad; the possibility of an error is almost certain.

Not that it matters, you don't even have a speck of data to back up your arguments.

But your way of thinking is like standing in front of a luxury buffet with the finest food in the world, cooked by the best chefs............and then only taking the bit with the most callories.

What? Are you trying to say Armored Zombies is the best way to train? I love training slayer, and I don't get what training it has to do with eating the heaviest calorie food. :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

What? Are you trying to say Armored Zombies is the best way to train? I love training slayer, and I don't get what training it has to do with eating the heaviest calorie food. :roll:

Well, aren't they? I thought that's what you were basing your argument upon........ Slayer vs Armoured Zombies/Zombie Monkeys......