Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you already know zarfots xp rates then that should be enough, since well i highly doubt anyone can beat his. If zarfot's xp rates don't prove that slayer can be "good xp" then nothing will. Im quite confused of why you say zombie monkeys are better xp than slayer. Since slayer is definitely more overall xp.

Because it isn't. See pages 100-1,950 for discussion of the rates. If you have a problem with what me, ydraisel, Queltar, and Zarfot worked out, feel free to show where.

What are you trying to prove? If you want to train the most efficient way you'll train with Slayer as getting 99 Slayer with 99 Attack, Strength and Defence is faster than getting 99 Attack, Strength and Defence, and then get 99 Slayer afterwards. If you want to find the best possible melee xp/hr it's obviously not going to be Slayer as, nomatter what the skill, the fastest way to train it loses money.

10xy5fk.png

Well if you already know zarfots xp rates then that should be enough, since well i highly doubt anyone can beat his. If zarfot's xp rates don't prove that slayer can be "good xp" then nothing will. Im quite confused of why you say zombie monkeys are better xp than slayer. Since slayer is definitely more overall xp.

Because it isn't. See pages 100-1,950 for discussion of the rates. If you have a problem with what me, ydraisel, Queltar, and Zarfot worked out, feel free to show where.

What are you trying to prove? If you want to train the most efficient way you'll train with Slayer as getting 99 Slayer with 99 Attack, Strength and Defence is faster than getting 99 Attack, Strength and Defence, and then get 99 Slayer afterwards. If you want to find the best possible melee xp/hr it's obviously not going to be Slayer as, nomatter what the skill, the fastest way to train it loses money.

But who needs 99 slayer?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

But who needs 99 slayer?

Amen, brother

Well, now we're moving up. I think that argument was covered in the 3rd or 4th page. Pretty soon he'll be arguing about things settled in page 8 \'

pages 100-1950 in what?

10-19.5 :P

I was referring to text volume, not forum pages. I think the forum pages were around 7-49 :)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Ok i agree that slayer is not the fastest xp for melee, but i will say that slayer is the most efficient way to get maxed combat. Why do i say this, well because slayer gets you loads of charms. I am 96 slayer and 96 summoning, almost 97 slayer and i currently have 98 summon banked. I got 95% of my charms from slayer. Im not going to read pages 7-49, when you could just tell me the xp rates.

Ok i agree that slayer is not the fastest xp for melee, but i will say that slayer is the most efficient way to get maxed combat. Why do i say this, well because slayer gets you loads of charms. I am 96 slayer and 96 summoning, almost 97 slayer and i currently have 98 summon banked. I got 95% of my charms from slayer. Im not going to read pages 7-49, when you could just tell me the xp rates.

I included charms in my calculations.

I am going to make a log for slayer and will keep track of everything and i will let you know when its done probably within a month.

A month certainly isn't going to be enough to offset the thousands of hours of zarfot\ydraisel\qeltar\my testing, your going to need far more then that before challenging the numbers :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

How do you find text volume?

Copy and paste it into word :-#

ATTENTION: THIS IS THE FINAL POST BEFORE I HIT THE BIG 5,000. I PLAN TO GET IT ON THIS THREAD. SOMEONE PLEASE POST SOMETHING UNINTENTIONALLY STUPID SO I CAN GET IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

DeviledEgg24.png

lol compreak you idiot noob i average 120k xp/h doing slayer i saw you praying when you tank bandos LOL and you safed also on slayer tasks give monsters a chance to KO you. BTW on the time you do the zombie quest you can get 2.5k slayer xp so add that to ur rates. I got 3 visage on slayer and only one at zombies.

Yes, I'm aware this is sarcasm

lol compreak you idiot noob i average 120k xp/h doing slayer

Prove it. Let's see your task rates for each hour, and we'll talk.

i saw you praying when you tank bandos LOL

And you don't? I'll laugh when I see the grave over your manly-but-dead corpse.

and you safed also on slayer tasks give monsters a chance to KO you.

I train in PVP worlds, and I don't want to get KOed by a PKer like this guy:

[hide=]java2009033119343410.jpg[/hide]

BTW on the time you do the zombie quest you can get 2.5k slayer xp so add that to ur rates.

Already added. In the 800 hours for maxed including summoning, it works out to 3 XP per hour - within statistica variance for my numbers anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I got 3 visage on slayer

I got 8 hilts from bandos not on slayer. That proves nothing.

only one at zombies.

Nice lie, they don't even drop them :roll:

Did a cat jump on your keyboard or something?

w00t the big 5k! Here's to another 5k productive posts, TIF!

DeviledEgg24.png

Why do you copy paste this thread into word?

To see how long it was ::'

DeviledEgg24.png

Hmmmm, so carefully thought out I cannot think of something to argue about this thread. I hate slayer too, 99 slayer is obviously a great achievement but I prefer getting my xp by 'semi afking' it.

One thing about slayer that I *really* hate, the inability to choose your own monster to kill, and the amount. The xp rates for slayer are pretty variable, say, if you went to duradel and got 5 mithril dragon tasks in a row (very damned unlikely, but with true randomness, it's possible), you would be getting very very low xp per hour. So I kinda disagree with your 'average xp per hour rates'.

For those who wants to have a high total, slayer xp is worth it's weight in gold (stashes =p), so, to sum it up, TRAIN SLAYER IF YOU ENJOY IT OTHERWISE DON'T DO IT![/caps]

*Eagerly awaits a compfreak response ;) *

Compfreak would say: You also have a possibility of 5 dust devil tasks in a row, mithril dragon tasks are very short, its all about averages, your not going to get 5 in a row every time.... etc.

The amount of statistics on this thread burnz ma eyes..... but yeah, that's what I'd picture him to say =p

Compfreak would say: You also have a possibility of 5 dust devil tasks in a row, mithril dragon tasks are very short, its all about averages, your not going to get 5 in a row every time.... etc.

I, CompFreak847, hereby approve of this statement and wholeheartedly endorse it as an extension of my ideals and thoughts. This in no way elevates the original poster of this statement, "pureprayer", to my godlike status or endows him with my prodigious mental and argumentative capabilities. Additionally, any other statements made by the aforementioned poster "pureprayer", unless explicitly stated, are in no way affiliated with me and cannot be construed as evidence in an argument against me in the event of a personal attack or argument of any nature.

(Signed)

-CompFreak847

DeviledEgg24.png

I, CompFreak847, hereby approve of this statement and wholeheartedly endorse it as an extension of my ideals and thoughts. This in no way elevates the original poster of this statement, "pureprayer", to my godlike status or endows him with my prodigious mental and argumentative capabilities. Additionally, any other statements made by the aforementioned poster "pureprayer", unless explicitly stated, are in no way affiliated with me and cannot be construed as evidence in an argument against me in the event of a personal attack or argument of any nature.

(Signed)

-CompFreak847

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

<287>A player with 99 slayer once gave me good advice: Disable (not skip) ALL dragon tasks. Your original post seems to be largely made against them.

Plus that was a lot of text just to say its the best combat exp.287>

Wile I read all your posts on the one thread I will not go through the 1k+ posts on this thread lol

Prism_Swords.png

<287>A player with 99 slayer once gave me good advice: Disable ALL dragon tasks. Your original post seems to be largely made against them.

Plus that was a lot of text just to say its the best combat exp.</287>

Wile I read all your posts on the one thread I will not go through the 1k+ posts on this thread lol

I didn't base my argument on dragon tasks at all; as mentioned before, XP rates were NOT determined with them.

Also, it was a lot of text to prove it was worse combat XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Hmmm, Compfreak, tell me this, if Slayer sucks so bad, and it was completely removed, all rewards from slayer would be removed also.... where would you get your whips, dark bows, slayer helmets, dragon boots + more? Obviously not pvp, since it's going to all be removed anyways, what can replace the whip? I agree that relying on slayer drops is not the best way to earn money, but without them RuneScape will not be the same RuneScape, perhaps everyone would be wielding dragon scimitars in combat instead of whips.

I consider slayer a tool, something RuneScape needs, but not (always) liked. Feel free to correct me, I like being disproved ;) .

(maybe I phrased it wrong, my main point are the slayer drops being so useful in combat that without slayer runescape will just not be the same)

Hmmm, Compfreak, tell me this, if Slayer sucks so bad, and it was completely removed, all rewards from slayer would be removed also.... where would you get your whips, dark bows, slayer helmets, dragon boots + more? Obviously not pvp, since it's going to all be removed anyways, what can replace the whip? I agree that relying on slayer drops is not the best way to earn money, but without them RuneScape will not be the same RuneScape, perhaps everyone would be wielding dragon scimitars in combat instead of whips.

I consider slayer a tool, something RuneScape needs, but not (always) liked. Feel free to correct me, I like being disproved ;) .

(maybe I phrased it wrong, my main point are the slayer drops being so useful in combat that without slayer runescape will just not be the same)

SS/D Scim

No need for slayer helmet

Dark bows are for range pjers

Slayer helmets are for slayer

Bandos boots.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png