Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Where did i mention armoured zombies??

And if you dont understand my little analogy that leaves even more doubts about your way of reasoning.

You mentioned the 'best training method', which IS armored zombies. So which is it? Do you agree with me that slayer is the best training method, or do you think that only speed matters and think that Armored Zombies is the best?

Also, it's not my fault I couldn't understand your post - it was hard enough to work through the haze of spelling and grammar errors along with poor sentance structure. I suggest consulting these two books before attempting to make a point again in the future:

[hide=]grammar-book.jpg

51%2BjGVeu76L._SS500_.jpg[/hide]

lol, if you cant win an argument go moan about someone's spelling. You go and try being flawless in a foreign language.

But am i now reading correctly that you are saying slayer is the best method even though you mentioned it sucked????

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, if you cant win an argument go moan about someone's spelling.

Already won the argument, so I can moan about whatever I want 8-)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

lol, if you cant win an argument go moan about someone's spelling.

Already won the argument, so I can moan about whatever I want 8-)

if you can remember what your argument actually is. :thumbsup:

if you can remember what your argument actually is. :thumbsup:

The argument is that slayer is a really fun skill that I enjoy training (argument won by default, it's an I) but that more XP\GP can be obtained elsewhere (Argument won thus far, waiting for someone to hopefully prove me wrong :P )

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If you don't like Slayer, don't train it. We all know that it's not the fastest possible melee xp/hr, we don't need you to tell us. Why are you so self absorbed that you want everyone else to play the way you want them to?

Also, incase you didn't notice, two, eight and seven aren't letter, and the first three characters of my post aren't digits.

10xy5fk.png

If you don't like Slayer, don't train it. We all know that it's not the fastest possible melee xp/hr, we don't need you to tell us. Why are you so self absorbed that you want everyone else to play the way you want them to?

Who are you talking to? I said I liked slayer, and it's one of my favorite skills so it's obviously not me :?

Also, incase you didn't notice, two, eight and seven aren't letter, and the first three characters of my post aren't digits.

Duly noted in the first 10 pages or so of replies. You must have skipped over the post ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Who are you talking to? I said I liked slayer, and it's one of my favorite skills so it's obviously not me :?

Try reading the title of this thread.

Duly noted in the first 10 pages or so of replies. You must have skipped over the post ;)

I don't have time to read through 61 pages of you contradicting yourself and trying to tell me how I should play a game, sorry.

10xy5fk.png

I did. Actually, I wrote it.

I don't have time to read through 61 pages of you contradicting yourself and trying to tell me how I should play a game, sorry.

Then how do you know I'm either contradictory or trying to tell you how to play? All of my statements thus far have been in agreement, every single point of my original argument stands, and in no way whatsoever was this thread designed to influence decisions - if anything, I would be biased towards slayer, as I am trying to prove it superior to other forms of combat \'

DeviledEgg24.png

I did. Actually, I wrote it.

Then how do you know I'm either contradictory or trying to tell you how to play? All of my statements thus far have been in agreement, every single point of my original argument stands, and in no way whatsoever was this thread designed to influence decisions - if anything, I would be biased towards slayer, as I am trying to prove it superior to other forms of combat \'

In short, saying 'slayer is the best way to train combat' is a horribly wrong statement. A correct version would be 'slayer is a slow and unprofitable way to train combat, but if you enjoy the skill it is worth training. Just know that you will be losing out on a large amount of XP and GP.' I have nothing against slayer, but I get tired of people saying that it is the best way to train combat...

Maybe you need glasses.

10xy5fk.png

Maybe you need glasses.

Why? All I see is two posts I wrote agreeing with each other. Perhaps you should look a little closer.

DeviledEgg24.png

Post to be in front of the rant forum in posts.

Hey now... Just because I've posted a few thousand pages of non spammy posts doesn't mean the mods won't get mad if I take a day off :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

Slayer is terrible exp agreed, but I camped at dusties for maybe 5k+ kills and never got a chain. Took a slayer task of dusties a year ago and got a chain :). I tend to slay for drops.

But there is conclusive proof that slayer tasks do not affect drops, you could have gotten that chain just as easily off task ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Edited in by Trottle:

But am i now reading correctly that you are saying slayer is the best method even though you mentioned it sucked????

Do yourself a favor and read my posts. I've said literally dozens of times that though the XP sucks, I love the skill. Reading failure =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Maybe you need glasses.

Why? All I see is two posts I wrote agreeing with each other. Perhaps you should look a little closer.

Because first you said Slayer was very bad XP, then you said it was superior to all other forms of combat.

In short, saying 'slayer is the best way to train combat' is a horribly wrong statement.

if anything, I would be biased towards slayer, as I am trying to prove it superior to other forms of combat
10xy5fk.png

Because first you said Slayer was very bad XP, then you said it was superior to all other forms of combat.

Ever heard of a reverse argument? As I said in, oh, the first 5 pages, I'm arguing against it in order to prove it. I'm saying its bad XP in hopes that someone can come along and prove it good XP.

You know, it's amazing how all of your 'arguments' are settled in the first few pages. I'd advise reading the thread before responding so you don't look like a schlemiel.

DeviledEgg24.png

Heres my xp from 1 hour of slaying, tasks were abby demons and nechs.

overall - 155k

attack - 89k

defence - 10k (iron titan)

hitpoints - 33k

slayer - 23k

and all those charms 30-40k worth of charms

plus profit made

i included time for banking btw

not sure if anyone posted overall xp for one hour at zombie monkeys but i would like to see how this compares

Heres my xp from 1 hour of slaying, tasks were abby demons and nechs.

overall - 155k

attack - 89k

defence - 10k (iron titan)

hitpoints - 33k

slayer - 23k

and all those charms 30-40k worth of charms

plus profit made

i included time for banking btw

not sure if anyone posted overall xp for one hour at zombie monkeys but i would like to see how this compares

You weren't slaying, you were killing nechs and demons. Come back when you have a dozen hours from each task, not the best possible tasks.

And compfreak, 60 pages, no one is going to look through all of them.

Then why should they post? So far every single person who's posed without reading has brought up an ancient point that was covered months ago. If it's not worth their time to read my posts, it's not worth my time to respond to theirs.

DeviledEgg24.png

alright well from now on im going to keep track of everything xp rates, charms dropped, ill included tasks that i cancel, profit made from each task. If there is anything else i need to keep track of let me know.

Separate banking times, don't include rare drops as the rate will be factored in later, and ensure your timing and XP are exact down to the last decimal place. Record outfit, inventory, prayers\pots used, how often each are used, the location used in monsters with multiple areas, and any results affected by competition be thrown out. Oh, and it's going to required hundreds or thousands of hours of testing to upset the results of me, ydraisel, qeltar, and (to some extent) Zarfot. Good luck.

DeviledEgg24.png

Well if you already know zarfots xp rates then that should be enough, since well i highly doubt anyone can beat his. If zarfot's xp rates don't prove that slayer can be "good xp" then nothing will. Im quite confused of why you say zombie monkeys are better xp than slayer. Since slayer is definitely more overall xp.

Well if you already know zarfots xp rates then that should be enough, since well i highly doubt anyone can beat his. If zarfot's xp rates don't prove that slayer can be "good xp" then nothing will. Im quite confused of why you say zombie monkeys are better xp than slayer. Since slayer is definitely more overall xp.

Because it isn't. See pages 100-1,950 for discussion of the rates. If you have a problem with what me, ydraisel, Queltar, and Zarfot worked out, feel free to show where.

DeviledEgg24.png