Your views on -4 iteming in f2p? (1.4k views!)

SnWRifleman

They should make teleblock f2p, period.

Ancient magic freeze spells should also be available to f2p like the new ancient magic spells are available to p2p. Perhaps the new staff wouldn't have to be required (because then you would have to make the staff p2p), but something just as hard. And maybe raise the requirements +15 for each spell, and totally make barrage unavailable (ex. ice burst would be 85), just to make it even less overpowered.

Uh... no. Just no. Totally /not/ needed. Teleblock, maybe. Ancients stuff, absolutely not.

On topic: eh, it's annoying, but as others have said, don't attack them and most of them won't attack you because they don't want to get skulled. And it'll die down when the hype does.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Actually there's a good deal of logic behind it- No risk of loss, for a small chance of reward.

It's logical, just not practical, and not productive. I like to challenge myself by 1 iteming, then going off and using whatever armour/food I find/get from kills (I dont just pj, I challenge likewise minded people to no armour deathmatches, in hopes of obtaining some armour)

If I'm out in full rune (f2p) I tend to wander around destroying whatever I want, whether they 3 item 1 item, no item, tank or mage, there arent many fights I'll run from (a lvl 112 with a 99 strength/mage/range cape, yes I'll run, I'm level 96 with my highest combat stats being 80 hp and strength) And least of all i wont run from a pjer/3/4itemer. an easy kill is fine with me, especially since it means free food, usually gaining more than i lost in rewards anyway.

Conclusion- They're opportunists, it's in everyone, and they just seek the cheapest, lowest risk way to do so. They wont make huge profits, but neither will they ever risk huge loss either.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Personaly i think it would be intersting if they did away with this whole PVP world idea entirely and instituted the new system in the area of the old wilderness.

It would be nice to not be able to waltz care free through the wild in whatever I happened to be wearing before entering again to be honest...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to understand why anyone wears full rune into the fights.

In order to get a decent drop, you must risk 25k in gold. A full green d'hide set, Rune Scimitar, Amulet, and helmet is around 25k if you don't protect. Why doesn't this become the new f2p pking standard as:

1. It waste less time, because you won't hit all those zero's with full rune.

2. It doesn't make the drops you get any worse.

I was hoping that somehow this would reverse some of the damage caused by the rwt updates...but it's still the same...nothings change...runescape still sucks.

How on earth do you kill someone with a half decent loot when you've got d hide and a rune scim? The only way to have a good chance at killing someone with good loot is to wear good stuff yourself, which in turn makes you a good target for other players wearing good stuff. It's a nice system, really. You're saying you want the entire standard lowered, where every pker is running around in d hide with a scim. I think that's pretty ridiculous, why should the entire standard be lowered because some players don't want to risk their precious items?

I get really annoyed at these 1/3/4 itemers. 3 and 4 aren't that bad because they will never skull on you, so you'd have to attack them to get in a fight. Anyone with a brain would realize it's stupid to attack a 3 itemer unless you feel like getting an easy kill. It's the 1 itemers who are annoying because they can and will skull. I wish protect items prayer was just gone, it's simply being abused by players who don't want to take any risks.

The people who one item (myself included) generally do it because we are unexperienced in Player verse Player combat. I myself have never been taught on the small things that you people use and have an advantage over us with, and until then I don't feel like spending money on armours and foods to find out how to do this. One-4 itemers are generally experimenting with a new technique. I bet you didn't know the best way to do everything the very first time you tried it (unless you read up about it, which is what most of the people don't do, and most of the pkers don't share).

Also despite this being a f2p thread many have referenced to p2p features, so if you are fighting a one itemer use smite to make them scared and make mistakes.

You aren't going to learn anything by running into Lumbridge, attacking someone who is actually risking items and enjoying the spirit of the game, die, and repeating the process. You get nowhere with that, and it pisses everyone off. You come back constantly, attack, make them eat like 5 times, and then die. Repeat. Rinse.

I HIGHLY doubt 1-4 itemers are "experimenting", unless they are experimenting how dumb and stupid they are.

P2p 1 iteming is different. Many single items in p2p are vastly superior than 4 iteming in f2p.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I'm trying to understand why anyone wears full rune into the fights.

In order to get a decent drop, you must risk 25k in gold. A full green d'hide set, Rune Scimitar, Amulet, and helmet is around 25k if you don't protect. Why doesn't this become the new f2p pking standard as:

1. It waste less time, because you won't hit all those zero's with full rune.

2. It doesn't make the drops you get any worse.

I was hoping that somehow this would reverse some of the damage caused by the rwt updates...but it's still the same...nothings change...runescape still sucks.

How on earth do you kill someone with a half decent loot when you've got d hide and a rune scim? The only way to have a good chance at killing someone with good loot is to wear good stuff yourself, which in turn makes you a good target for other players wearing good stuff. It's a nice system, really. You're saying you want the entire standard lowered, where every pker is running around in d hide with a scim. I think that's pretty ridiculous, why should the entire standard be lowered because some players don't want to risk their precious items?

I get really annoyed at these 1/3/4 itemers. 3 and 4 aren't that bad because they will never skull on you, so you'd have to attack them to get in a fight. Anyone with a brain would realize it's stupid to attack a 3 itemer unless you feel like getting an easy kill. It's the 1 itemers who are annoying because they can and will skull. I wish protect items prayer was just gone, it's simply being abused by players who don't want to take any risks.

I agree, something needs to be done about the protect item prayer, but removing it is not the solution. Instead, it should be useless if you are skulled. Fixed?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

As someone who doesn't have level 10 trillion stats in everything (being sarcastic, I'm not an idiot) and being brand new to PvPing since when it was in the wildy I was like, level 17. My only PvP experience before this is hopping into the Wilderness then promptly being owned by mages and dying. Go me! :thumbsup:

PvPing is something new to me and many, many f2p people (I'm p2p btw) and I wear 3 items nearly most of the time when I go out in a PvP world. I can't afford to be buying brand new sets of rune or whatever every time I die. People go with 1/3/4 items because people often just can't afford to be dying and losing so much stuff and like me, they have no clue what they're doing out there in the big scary PvP worlds. I know I'm not going to get much, but I know that I won't loose much either. Not everyone is in a position where they can risk high to get high drops.

If you don't like it then the answer is simple, don't fight them. Go off to somewhere that's not Lumbridge and fight how you want. But don't say that it's wrong or something like that because it's just a style of fighting, it might not be great or 'honourable' or whatever, but it's how some people fight so live with it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

But they're not everywhere. There will be some, unspoilt place out there (I don't really know such a place personally), particularly in P2P where only dedicated PvPers will be. If you go to Lummy/Varrok/Falador then you will get some, but if you want a 'real' fight then go where there aren't safe places near, or go up into the wildy somewhere and fight as you please ::' And there's very little chance of 3/4 itemers attacking you because that'd mean they'd lose their things which defeats the purpose. Of course you still get some...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

4-itemers annoy me, but not as much as people who tele just before you KO them... :evil:

people who run/teleport when out of food and near death are some of most annoying people on the panet. But, you have to accept that running/ teleporting is a tactic, as cheap as it is.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

no teleporting either, me and this noob were having a fair full rune vs full rune fite and i get him down to 5hp and I have 30hp and he teles away.

All F2P teleports lead you to dangerous areas.. Except for Lumbridge teleport! Assuming they aren't [developmentally delayed], and want to live, they'll teleport to Lumbridge. Bring a few Lumbridge teleports with you, and attack them as they attempt to run.. You can attack in safe zones if they just got out of combat (run, teleport, ect.). Try it out. :)

I use Varrock for emergency teleports in F2P, it's easy to get to either bank without getting PK'd with protect prayers!

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

But they're not everywhere. There will be some, unspoilt place out there (I don't really know such a place personally), particularly in P2P where only dedicated PvPers will be. If you go to Lummy/Varrok/Falador then you will get some, but if you want a 'real' fight then go where there aren't safe places near, or go up into the wildy somewhere and fight as you please And there's very little chance of 3/4 itemers attacking you because that'd mean they'd lose their things which defeats the purpose. Of course you still get some...

there r still some in the wildy trust me

Extremefish.png

My blog

Maxed CMB, 99 summoning/construction

Call me a noob or whatever you want, I just don't care...

... I love 1 iteming in F2P with protect items on... I just love to see how mentally delayed people get angry or mad at me just because I make them waste their food. Also, 1 iteming in lumby is a nice training when you keep attacking fellow 1 itemers. Also, in my case, when someone kills me near lumby, I respawn and attack that person again... and again.. and then again... Until he or she wasted all of his/her food on me or for the worst, they die (happened many times ^^).

Edit: Wilderness... Examine that name... Wilderness means to be wild, it should be that way, free for all.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

Well that's not so much Jagex's fault as the basic nature of PvP.

If PvP exists, you will always have pj'ers, looters, 1/3/4 itemers, etc.

You're absolutly right here. There's nothing, or very little, Jagex can do about this problem. There will always be those who safes, and since I'm not a pker myself, it really doesn't disturb me.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think it will calm down a bit as time passes..

Been a couple weeks, and barely died down. And your signature does scare me lol

Scares me tbh, I get a shock everytime I see it.

On topic, hey its pvp, everyone gonna do what they can to being a jerk to honest people. In a way. pvp alouds people to be the inner [wagon] that they can never be in the old wild.

Seeing how you got SO much more space, and it's so easily to run/tele, they are just expressing 'Hey Watch me be a jerk! lulz!'

God I hate pvp, fun to do clues in though.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

*Note that I have not read anything else on this topic*

These are my ideas on this topic...

1) 1 Itemers that attack and die with protect ARE dumb, I agree.

1 itemers have infested the PvP worlds, they run up and interrupt a fight for their own personal enjoyment, annoying. I agree that they should have some limit on them.

I like this idea: Remove protect Item. Those guys pking with whip or GS know they are risking it. They probably won't mind because it will increase their own drops.

2) People who ATTACK 1-4 itemers are asking for it.

I personally, admit, I'm a 4 itemer. You may have seen me running around pvp world 23 in the following....

Full armadyl and Magic shortbow.

Infinity hat, top, bottom, and an ancient mace.

Robin Hood hat, fury, whip.

So yes, I know I am risking them, but I don't attack anyone, if they attack me, I give them a sound beating with what I can and die. Then come back to resume watching. I have killed a few people this way, but really, they deserved it.

3) I'm a 4 itemer that likes to spectate.

Read above.

4) Luring them is a pain in the butt.

My team tried to lure them, using sapphire enchanted bolts, smite, heal other, and ancient mace. We didn't lure that many, they would either run or don't get smited out in time, come back and harass us.

2jb8hf6.jpg

*Note that I have not read anything else on this topic*

These are my ideas on this topic...

1) 1 Itemers that attack and die with protect ARE dumb, I agree.

1 itemers have infested the PvP worlds, they run up and interrupt a fight for their own personal enjoyment, annoying. I agree that they should have some limit on them.

I like this idea: Remove protect Item. Those guys pking with whip or GS know they are risking it. They probably won't mind because it will increase their own drops.

2) People who ATTACK 1-4 itemers are asking for it.

I personally, admit, I'm a 4 itemer. You may have seen me running around pvp world 23 in the following....

Full armadyl and Magic shortbow.

Infinity hat, top, bottom, and an ancient mace.

Robin Hood hat, fury, whip.

So yes, I know I am risking them, but I don't attack anyone, if they attack me, I give them a sound beating with what I can and die. Then come back to resume watching. I have killed a few people this way, but really, they deserved it.

3) I'm a 4 itemer that likes to spectate.

Read above.

4) Luring them is a pain in the butt.

My team tried to lure them, using sapphire enchanted bolts, smite, heal other, and ancient mace. We didn't lure that many, they would either run or don't get smited out in time, come back and harass us.

4 iteming without skulling is basically the same thing as 1 iteming with protecting. Execept for the fact that 4 itemers have an upper hand in fighting, but can't skull. You like the idea of removing protect item? That is the prayer that keeps your fourth item. Why would you agree to do that if you are the one 4 iteming. -.-

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)