Rare demand once again?

@Dan3HitU

nah there going to continue to fall till they reach a certain price and people will start to think about buying them again (becasue they will be in alot more peoples price range) and we will finaly see a slight rise, my red has already dropped from 207 to 176 so i really do hope people will want them again.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Er..why would they be? They don't help pking at all and there's probably a 1-in-10000 chance of getting it as the "random inventory drop."

:3

I dunno, I just don't expect their price to fluctuate more than normal.

hzvjpwS.gif

Er..why would they be? They don't help pking at all and there's probably a 1-in-10000 chance of getting it as the "random inventory drop."

The only people that bought them where stakers/pkers mainly, now that Pking is back (sort of) I just thought some demand might start again.

However, a lot of duelers and stakers had the extra money to use on the rares, and that's where a lot of the demand for rares came from.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

They might, because right now a lot of items are taken out of the game (lost upon death), so there will be an inflation of gp soon, and that usually leads to people buying rares, instead of all other items rising in price. Rares (used to) work as a buffer for inflation.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

No, I think rares will continue to fall just as usual, maybe [bleep]e up once in a while but its not going to be like it use to. However I think this has revitilized the economy because pkers were what drove the food, rune, and herb economies. We should be better prices for our natures, potions, as well as food since they have all been going on a downward spiral since pking was taken away.

Clearly you've never heard of conspicuous consumption or luxury goods. Basically, token items like rares increase in value as people's income increases (because they are luxury goods). Now many pkers are making more money thanks to new pvp. Their excessive demand for food/armor/weapons/runes will give skillers more income. AND now that all pkers have stopped going to monster hunting (it was getting ridiculously crowded back in december after wildy was gone), the original monster hunters will get more income.

In short: Luxury goods like phats will rise for sure, supplies provided from skills (like sharks) will rise, gwd/dk items will rise (since pkers will do pvp rather than gwd like they did for the past 10 months).

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Initally no, as I think alot of high cash players will be spending money on the new high level equipment.

But considering all that money is going somewhere, the money is not really "lost" in the economy and is just being transfered from 1 person to another. So skillers cashing in, or players who get a large number of high level drops might find their cash racking up enough to start taking in rares, when they previously might not have been able to do so.

But I see the rare market as staying the same mostly. Maybe a slight increase, but this new type of pking, depletes armor and weapons from the economy unlike the old pking. So that will rise armor/weapon/food costs long term as well. So its difficult to judge at this point how it will effect the "super wealthy".

dawnsigblue-3.png

They might, because right now a lot of items are taken out of the game (lost upon death), so there will be an inflation of gp soon, and that usually leads to people buying rares, instead of all other items rising in price. Rares (used to) work as a buffer for inflation.

so your theory is that desired items rise in demand fall in supply, causing an increase in price for these items, and your prediction is that people will have more money to spend?

this COULD, and i stress could, be possible if items dropped on death were lootable, however these items are taken from the game, leaving degradable items in their place.

end result is less wealth overall, higher prices for pking gear, and no impact on the gold supply in the game. i'm not sure that i follow your "items lost, gp worth less, prices would rise, but rares keep prices from rising" train of thought...

but my real confusion comes from your inflation theory, sure the price for highly demanded pking goods is going to rise, but this does not constitute inflation. prices will not be effected across the board for general use items, only those used in and relating to pking.

I doubt it. The way that a PKer can make money now is if they're trawling deep wilderness in some really awesome gear for about an hour and a half.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I was surprised, the "Most Valuable Traded Items" on the GE website was crackers and all phats, now, its down to two phats, and the rest are spirit sheilds. The other day it was spirit sheilds and dragon full helm. This means no one is trading phats, meaning they are unwanted. =D>

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I was surprised, the "Most Valuable Traded Items" on the GE website was crackers and all phats, now, its down to two phats, and the rest are spirit sheilds. The other day it was spirit sheilds and dragon full helm. This means no one is trading phats, meaning they are unwanted. =D>

Yes, but with new opportunities opening up in the market, we might see a tide turning. And as the hats drop, they are available to more people.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

so your theory is that desired items rise in demand fall in supply, causing an increase in price for these items, and your prediction is that people will have more money to spend?

this COULD, and i stress could, be possible if items dropped on death were lootable, however these items are taken from the game, leaving degradable items in their place.

end result is less wealth overall, higher prices for pking gear, and no impact on the gold supply in the game. i'm not sure that i follow your "items lost, gp worth less, prices would rise, but rares keep prices from rising" train of thought...

but my real confusion comes from your inflation theory, sure the price for highly demanded pking goods is going to rise, but this does not constitute inflation. prices will not be effected across the board for general use items, only those used in and relating to pking.

Huh? No I mean that the amount of GP in the game will stay the same, while the amount of items will decrease, thus creating an inflation, since there's too much GP for the price of items to stay the same. By logic the items decreasing in supply will of course rise, but if people buy rares, they will rise instead, keeping the items at a steady price, while the overflow of GP goes into the rare market. Hope I made myself clearer this time :P

Edit: And yes, I sort of took it for granted that the whole economy revolves around PKing in this one :P

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I think it'll depend on how successful this new PvP system is within the community. If it is as sucessfull as the wilderness was then I'm sure there is no reason you wont see the same trends, but the game has changed a lot so who knows for sure.

tFtfA.jpg

I think it'll depend on how successful this new PvP system is within the community. If it is as sucessfull as the wilderness was then I'm sure there is no reason you wont see the same trends, but the game has changed a lot so who knows for sure.

I agree. All of the speculations will collapse if pkers aren't interested enough in the new pvp, or if they don't find it worth it to pk the new way. It's definitely going to take time before we really know what's going to happen. I doubt everything will be put back the way it was last year, though, with all the changes that have happened to the market since then, etc. It'll either be more popular because of all the new pvp-only goodies, or less popular, because of the indirect nature of the drops.

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png