Noob or Nerd?

Anselm300

Alright so this is quite simply what happened or happens everytime i go do an activity that has something to do with combat, be it minigame or pking:

Me:*fighting a guy around same lvl as me*

Other guy:*losing* "STR NOOB!"

Me:*kills the guy* "GF"

Other guy:*dying* "NERD!"

Alright thats not all. about 5 seconds later, the guy re-enters (i happened to be in the safe clanwars minigame portal) and fights me. Of course i was drained of prayer, hp and etc so this is what happened:

Me:*fighting other guy*

Other guy:*slowly gains upper hand* "DEF NOOB!!!"

Me:"..."

Other guy:*As he kills me* "HAHA NOOB!!!"

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

This wasnt just this one guy or just in this safe portal in clanwars. It happens all the time in castlewars, duel arena, etc etc etc!

If you win, your a nerd-If you lose your a noob...Having some difficulty understanding that... #-o

anselm300.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a very simple solution. It requires a few items: some blood, death, and water runes, a set of Ahrims, a Dragonfire shield, and a set of Veracs. When you get the 'nerd' or 'noob' word, switch to ahrims top and bottom, and click 'cast ice barrage on (insert name nere)'. Step back and repeat. When your opponent turns prayer on, ,put on your veracs set and pray melee, then attack them and quickly step away so that you do not get hit. When they are unfrozen, fight them a couple seconds so that they switch to protect from melee prayer, then put on ahrims and repeat. Very satisfying. Higher stats does help, though. If one opponent is being particularly annoying, the use of blood barrage is highly advised - I frequently heal several hundred hitpoints in a single round of Clan Wars.

It's very satisfying to actually act like a 'noob' when called one. Try it sometime and see. That and the ignore lists are you two best 'namecaller fighting' tools.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

As some-tif'ers-signature-whose-name-escapes-me once said, anyone better than you is a nerd, anyone weaker is a noob.

Believe it :lol: , it's just how some people act.

Welcome to Runescape PvP, may I take your coat?

Sure, don't wear it though, you'll get called defence noob <.< .

If you're dealing with these kinds of people I've found two solutions. You could:

A.) Establish a friendliness with your opponent, chat a bit, use a little humour before it gets to the part

where you need to resort to eating and praying, they'll find it that bit harder to be mean.

or

B.) Turn public chat on to friends/off and chat on a clan chat/private chat.

Those should do the trick, good luck!

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

Like Compfreak said, might as well commit the crime if you are being punished for it. If you get called a noob, eat, pot, pray, cast, and do whatever it takes to win - if you get called a nerd, throw some big vocabulary words at them.

The most simplest easiest thing to do is to MIMIC them. Say exactly what they told you. Trust me, it works! :thumbsup:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I have never experienced this ever...never in Runescape...never in WoW...

That's because even people in WoW actually know how to spell and be mature (sometimes) :lol:

But yes, sadly pvp is the magnet for such petty insults. Then again, it's hard to call someone a nerd when they have ice barrage and you don't ;)

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

That's because even people in WoW actually know how to spell and be mature (sometimes) :lol:

But yes, sadly pvp is the magnet for such petty insults. Then again, it's hard to call someone a nerd when they have ice barrage and you don't ;)

Actually thats when they call you a noob more. Seeing as you're stronger than them, you've obviously been no-lifing so of course you're a nerd!!

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

if it only happened about 1-2 times, i wouldnt mind -much-.

But the reason i get kinda annoyed is because it happens 3/5 times i go pking- everytime i kill or get killed its either noob or nerd... btw i tried the acting like a noob/nerd trick-made them call me more lol like "effing noob" or "stupid fat*** nerd sitting in front of the computer" -.-

lol its a rant forum im here to vent steam arent i allowed? anyways im (kinda) over it now

Yeah, you're allowed to vent but technically they're allowed to complain about it too.

lol its a rant forum im here to vent steam arent i allowed? anyways im (kinda) over it now

yes you're allowed to rant here but do remind that you ARE wasting peoples time by posting cruddy topics that can be resolved with a single click of the pub chat.

yes you're allowed to rant here but do remind that you ARE wasting peoples time by posting cruddy topics that can be resolved with a single click of the pub chat.

If all of the (runescape) worlds problems could be solved so easily

anselm300.png

It is the Rants forum, designed for you to blow off steam, which then leads to people seeing what makes you mad, getting offended, and venting a little steam of their own. When people can hear what you have to say, they can put in their two cents.

As far as simplistic solutions go, see how rationally you think when you get pissed off. Rage = the blinders to reason.

As far as the original post goes: Didn't you make mention of being called a noob even when you were winning?

As far as the original post goes: Didn't you make mention of being called a noob even when you were winning?
I believe that was because he was described as being a noob because he was hitting harder than his opponent. Oh the joys of RuneScape... #-o

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I get that too. -.-

Of course I'm a n00b if I'm winning. I never get called a nerd though. Heck, if I did I think I'll just throw in a few Star Trek references and a bit about particle physics :lol: I think the best response to a *def/str/att* n00b shout is NO U. Or whatever you prefer. You shouldn't let them get to you though, if you're lucky you'll never have to see them again ^_^

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Welcome to Runescape PvP, may I take your coat?

HAHHAHA =D> =D> Made me cry,

Anway, there are a lot of pre-pubescent (Sp) ? hormones flowing in PvP, and I find its

just best to insult them to an extent that they will be reduced to tears and succumb to the foetal postion...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this in mini-games

Stealing creation

Using ice burst (i think thats the lvl 71 one)

Surrounded by the yellow word "nerd"

One of their team-mates kills me with a group

"haha noob!" sorry, I mean "l0lz3r n00b"

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Insults are one of the last refuges of a small mind, as it tries to blindly deny the truth as if hoping that the denial of its existence will cause it to magically vanish or change to their mindset.

Ignore list ftw. Dear lord, Jagex, thank you for that tool ever so much. I will gladly accept cruddy glitched updates as long as you don't take my ignore list away from me.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png