DFHs in PvP - A bug... or not?

tintin113

My thought is that it didn't start as a bug at all, but after seeing the effect on jagex's most beloved rare item they had to do something about it.

I completely agree with this post.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another bug that took a while to ween out.

Here's a 2 which lasted more then a day since I started playing again about 5 months ago;

*When quick chat was released there was the option to say "buying a 9mm revolver" (not sure if it was revolver, gun or pistol)

*When PvP came out you could did poison damage when using plain knives (lasted about 2 days for me atleast) I only tested in in non PvP worlds.

There bound to be a few bugs in the PvP system as its a big system.

Jagex was lucky they found it before one of the PvP programmers left. Love the response they gave about the Kill Count and Barrows "the programmer who designed that part of the game has left so we're not entirely sure about it"

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I've never heard of mod kathy and while I do think drops of dfh's is bad ok not convinced it is a bug. I imagine it would be easy to take them out of the droplist if they chose to but so far they haven't. I've known mods to be wrong in the past about things. Cat amulets becoming rates ring a bell? (just one example)

So... the best reward from PvP worlds is a... bug? As if PvP worlds weren't unpopular enough. :roll:

+ as if DFH's weren't overpriced enough...

Yeah...There must be some F2P pkers out there now with DFHs. That's awesome :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

05-Nov-2008 11:58:08

Hello,

There seems to have been some miscommunication at the Jagex Castle. Please accept our apologies regarding this confusion.

I can confirm that the DFH, among many other dragon items, can be dropped on the PvP worlds.

Again, we are sorry for the confusion.

74-75-564-57855477

lebst.png

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

Hello,

There seems to have been some miscommunication at the Jagex Castle. Please accept our apologies regarding this confusion.

I can confirm that the DFH, among many other dragon items, can be dropped on the PvP worlds.

74-75-564-57855477

So can we now drop the whole thing about DFH's?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

Hello,

74-75-564-57855477

So can we now drop the whole thing about DFH's?

That is annoying, for the most part because it means that DFHs will continue to drop and thus fall in price. People are losing millions due to this and hey, people used to lure people into the Wildy using Santa Hats, masks and sometimes even Phats, why don't they make them drop too? You could say that DFH was designed for fighting in, but so are Divine Spirit Shields, but I don't see them being dropped in PvP. They have killed a rare item and lost people millions in the process.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Remember when summoning failure version #1 came out and they posted it was bug that charms were only being dropped preferentially by only a few creatures.

Then they had an update where slayer monsters started dropping charms and then they changed it back the next day saying "They couldn't fix it without creating a new bug and it wasn't their policy to replace one bug with a new bug".

Of course summoning failure version #2 had a patched up charm drops on slayer monsters, but they never really fixed the 1st bug cause there are still only a few monsters that drop charms at a good rate and said nothing about it from there on.

So now everybody is stuck camping on waterfiends or rock lobsters.

Based on that history, I doubt they will ever fix this.

Its almost like I am pyschic.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

No it isn't a bug, but if it should happen then it should be a bug (or in every case that's what I think).

If you suddenly get 2.1B gp's added to your account then that should be a bug and you should report that, but very very very most likely it will never happen, so it isn't a bug ;).

No it isn't a bug, but if it should happen then it should be a bug (or in every case that's what I think).

If you suddenly get 2.1B gp's added to your account then that should be a bug and you should report that, but very very very most likely it will never happen, so it isn't a bug ;).

I have absolutely no idea what you just said... #-o

tifsiggy.jpg

People, its a bug.

Pikmin, it's not a bug.

Just makes me laugh at all those people who take everything JaGex says as truth.

So what do you suggest we do? Ignore everything that they say? -.-

tifsiggy.jpg

Hello,

74-75-564-57855477

Page 3, last post.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Lebst beat you to it I'm afraid Lord, thanks for posting it though! ;)

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

Hello,

74-75-564-57855477

tifsiggy.jpg

People, its a bug.

Pikmin, it's not a bug.

Just makes me laugh at all those people who take everything JaGex says as truth.

So what do you suggest we do? Ignore everything that they say? -.-

If what they say is silly, then yes.

P.S. - most of what they say is silly.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

this discussion is popping up ALL over runescape fansite forums

IMO, if it was a bug, they would have gotten rid of it within hours of the pvp worlds being released.

I say, good riddance, the dfh was overpriced anyways

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png