DFHs in PvP - A bug... or not?

tintin113

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH i think the mod has been misinformed, If it was a bug it would have been fixed like a few hours later PPL have been getting them for weeks (including me). If it is the case they might aswell remove DFS too. :lol:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Remember when summoning failure version #1 came out and they posted it was bug that charms were only being dropped preferentially by only a few creatures.

Then they had an update where slayer monsters started dropping charms and then they changed it back the next day saying "They couldn't fix it without creating a new bug and it wasn't their policy to replace one bug with a new bug".

Of course summoning failure version #2 had a patched up charm drops on slayer monsters, but they never really fixed the 1st bug cause there are still only a few monsters that drop charms at a good rate and said nothing about it from there on.

So now everybody is stuck camping on waterfiends or rock lobsters.

Based on that history, I doubt they will ever fix this.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I belive the way the system is set up is that any dragon drop could be corrupted or uncorrupted. The system was not supposed to let uncorupted DFH's drop, but since its seems that no distinction is made they drop them anyways. I think they are slow to fix this because part of the drop system needs to be recoded with a patch to try and stop the problem. If it nearly eliminates all DFH drops, they need the bug reports to know if there are still one or two being dropped on occasion so they can make a better patch to solve the problem. I wish they would let them drop so the price can go down and I can hope to own a DFH spomeday thats not in 2010.

Remember when summoning failure version #1 came out and they posted it was bug that charms were only being dropped preferentially by only a few creatures.

Then they had an update where slayer monsters started dropping charms and then they changed it back the next day saying "They couldn't fix it without creating a new bug and it wasn't their policy to replace one bug with a new bug".

Of course summoning failure version #2 had a patched up charm drops on slayer monsters, but they never really fixed the 1st bug cause there are still only a few monsters that drop charms at a good rate and said nothing about it from there on.

Lol, you people are all fools, Jagex isn't lying to people. It's imbeciles who believe the "conspiracy theories" posted on the RSOF by other imbeciles that are painting a picture of Jagex as a "bad" company when in fact all evidence points to the opposite.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Lol, you people are all fools, Jagex isn't lying to people. It's imbeciles who believe the "conspiracy theories" posted on the RSOF by other imbeciles that are painting a picture of Jagex as a "bad" company when in fact all evidence points to the opposite.

Because we all know the programmers SOMEHOW bugged it up with DFH drops, especially when they've coded 100s of drop tables for monsters before /sarcasm

lebst.png

People, its a bug. Not a feature Jagex secretly put in.

As you all know, Corrupt Dragon Items are simply browish, tempory versions of any Dragon item, used in F2P. But what if there was a slight glitch in the system, one that occasionally cause NORMAL Dragon Items to drop?

It could be a programming error that might have been accidently copied from the Ancient Warrior equipment data, considering they have both a Corrupted and Non-Corrupted set.

Seriously, its like Tip Iters these days that hear and update about something they liked getting removed, and being told by a SIlver Mod, they think the Mod is mis-informed or accuse them of lieing. Its sad really. :wall:

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

I'm impressed they ask you to submit it as a bug, why don't they just fix it?

Because they aren't sure what's wrong with the code.

pvpdrop = new pvpdrop[] = {1111,1111,2222};

Yeah, uber hard to tell what drop is a DFH and that its not suppose to be there.

And, as for the bug reports, things can slip through.

With my own experience in java coding, I know that things can slip through cracks.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Wow it took them this long to figure out it was just slightly dropped more than usual. It's good to know it is a bug now, I thought it shouldn't have been a drop from PVP at all, I can understand if it was like a really small chance at getting one (like 1 in 10000) but it seems as though it was more like 1 in 500'ish, making tons of people get them and ruin the DFH's rarity completely.

One thing I cannot understand though, they think people will own up to a DFH drop from PVP? I'm sure MOST wouldn't do that, and either way it would have already been too late if they sold it. I don't know how they're gonna fix this :?

2vuhgcn.png

Wow it took them this long to figure out it was just slightly dropped more than usual. It's good to know it is a bug now, I thought it shouldn't have been a drop from PVP at all, I can understand if it was like a really small chance at getting one (like 1 in 10000) but it seems as though it was more like 1 in 500'ish, making tons of people get them and ruin the DFH's rarity completely.

One thing I cannot understand though, they think people will own up to a DFH drop from PVP? I'm sure MOST wouldn't do that, and either way it would have already been too late if they sold it. I don't know how they're gonna fix this :?

From what I understand, your saying it took long before they realise it was dropped too much?

Baaah, that's not it. It wasn't supposed to be dropped un-corrupted (I don't even think it drops corrupted o.o) because theres some code somewhere that's wrong and they are asking for bug reports so they can spot it.

ib7rVm.png

From what I understand, your saying it took long before they realise it was dropped too much?

Baaah, that's not it. It wasn't supposed to be dropped un-corrupted (I don't even think it drops corrupted o.o) because theres some code somewhere that's wrong and they are asking for bug reports so they can spot it.

Yeah, the bug isn't that they're dropping too much, but that they're dropped at all!

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I don't trust Mod Kathy....

There have been multiple times in runescape history where Jagex Mods were misinformed...and I believe this is the case...she doesn't really understand how the drops work....

I would only trust a veteran Mod on this one...

Hah! I remember a J mod posting about a few inquiries he got about amulets of glory. He stated that glories do not increase rates of anything, completely forgetting the fact that fully charged glories DO increase gems from mining. The rants forum had a blast for all of 10 minutes.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I haven't personally noticed any DFH drop pictures on at least 3 forums that I've visisted within the past 3 days. There are plenty of vids and pictures out there, but most of them appear to be from within the first week of PvP worlds.

If Mod Kathy is correct, I think what she is trying to say is that it was a bug, and it has been fixed. Therefore, if you're still getting them, you should report them.

And before someone posts a video to show me I'm wrong, there's really no reason to. You can't prove it was recent, nor can I prove that it was from early in the update. This is purely speculation based on the lack of topics in major forums. If you don't agree, then simply report it as a bug next time you see such a drop.

Another quality post by Soma. You guys need to start listening to this one more often.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I haven't personally noticed any DFH drop pictures on at least 3 forums that I've visisted within the past 3 days. There are plenty of vids and pictures out there, but most of them appear to be from within the first week of PvP worlds.

If Mod Kathy is correct, I think what she is trying to say is that it was a bug, and it has been fixed. Therefore, if you're still getting them, you should report them.

And before someone posts a video to show me I'm wrong, there's really no reason to. You can't prove it was recent, nor can I prove that it was from early in the update. This is purely speculation based on the lack of topics in major forums. If you don't agree, then simply report it as a bug next time you see such a drop.

Another quality post by Soma. You guys need to start listening to this one more often.

While I usually agree with Soma, I'm afraid this time I can't. Mod Kathy stated "The only Dragon items that are dropped are corrupt items." which leads me to believe that either she's referring to drops on f2p worlds (in which case well no [cabbage] it's a bug) or that she is pulling information out of her nether regions.

If the majority would've been on the happier side of dragon full helms being dropped, they more than likely would've done nothing about them...but instead they got a lot of players complaining to them about how they were once a rare status symbol reserved only for those who can master the mith dragons or something similar, so they changed it.

Yay for trying to save face!

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I haven't seen Mod Kathy before, therefore I am assuming she is a new recruit, probably placed in Customer Support. Most CS reps have forum duties as part of their jobs... But because they are just CS workers, they are often just as ignorant (if not moreso) than ordinary players.

Unless this comes from a content developer, I will remain skeptical.

td2sig.jpg

While I usually agree with Soma, I'm afraid this time I can't. Mod Kathy stated "The only Dragon items that are dropped are corrupt items." which leads me to believe that either she's referring to drops on f2p worlds (in which case well no [cabbage] it's a bug) or that she is pulling information out of her nether regions.

Or her communication skills are lacking. Plenty of Jagex mods get confused when typing responses. I won't be surprised if she meant something completely different and mistyped it.

EDIT: Might as well mention this. Before summoning came out, someone complained to multiple Jagex Mods about how it would be unfair in f2p worlds or the like. Two of the mods responded that summoning would be a f2p skill. One of them was one of the newer moderators, but the other one was one of the older content developers. Jagex mods can make mistakes too, as far as wording their responses. It's pretty obvious he meant "Summoning won't hurt you on f2p.", not, "Summoning is available on f2p."

If the majority would've been on the happier side of dragon full helms being dropped, they more than likely would've done nothing about them...but instead they got a lot of players complaining to them about how they were once a rare status symbol reserved only for those who can master the mith dragons or something similar, so they changed it.

Yay for trying to save face!

I think she just typo'd. It's obvious that receiving Dragon Daggers, Longswords, Scimitars, and other such weapons is not a bug.

2dgucz6.png

Re-Reading Mod Kathy's Post:

I took a good look at the post, and noticed the entire post was referring to *drum roll* F2P.

She read the context of the post as "HEY! I got a dragon full helm drop in a free world". It is human nature to misunderstand what a person is trying to explain, and she simply mis-understood. Everything she said is correct, in the view that she is talking about F2P PvP and NOT P2P.

So she really didn't lie, she was just referring to something people didn't realize she was referring to. She may have also been confused on the actual drops (if she has no experience playing the game) and thus had a mis-communication.

Either way, keep in mind this important part, I bet you missed it

"Most drops will be normal items. There are rare drops, some of them permanent."

This is more interesting to me, as it was not mentioned in the PVP drop information we were given from Jagex. Perhaps they are rotating rare drops such as DFS, DFH's, GS's or other expensive items in a way to not make the market crash completly? If so, it would be a good move on their part to keep prices somewhat balanced.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Re-Reading Mod Kathy's Post:

I took a good look at the post, and noticed the entire post was referring to *drum roll* F2P.

She read the context of the post as "HEY! I got a dragon full helm drop in a free world". It is human nature to misunderstand what a person is trying to explain, and she simply mis-understood. Everything she said is correct, in the view that she is talking about F2P PvP and NOT P2P.

So she really didn't lie, she was just referring to something people didn't realize she was referring to. She may have also been confused on the actual drops (if she has no experience playing the game) and thus had a mis-communication.

Either way, keep in mind this important part, I bet you missed it

"Most drops will be normal items. There are rare drops, some of them permanent."

This is more interesting to me, as it was not mentioned in the PVP drop information we were given from Jagex. Perhaps they are rotating rare drops such as DFS, DFH's, GS's or other expensive items in a way to not make the market crash completly? If so, it would be a good move on their part to keep prices somewhat balanced.

I didn't see the original context, so you may be right. But isn't the 'important part' you're talking about contradicting the first part of your post...?

I'd like to also point out again that there is no corrupt version of the Dragon Full Helm...

It's difficult to tell if people have already realized this or have not actually read the list and are just going along with it.

2dgucz6.png

I do agree on the Corrupt DFH item -- if it were really a bug, that item would have existed, and this issue would have been resolved within the first week of launch. All in all, it's more of a case of miscommunication from Mod to Mod.

I don't think that they'll be awarding Godswords anytime soon though - that should be kept to a boss reward.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.