DFHs in PvP - A bug... or not?

tintin113

Mod Kathy

Jagex Mod

04-Nov-2008 01:05:50

Last edited on 04-Nov-2008 01:07:44 by Mod Kathy

Hi people.

I have locked this thread as it is not going anywhere and players are starting to flame. I suggest you all check out this article:

PvP Worlds

This contains all the information about drops in the PvP worlds. The only Dragon items that are dropped are corrupt items. They last for a short time and then disappear. They can be sold on the Grand Exchange.

If you do get an uncorrupted dragon full helm from a drop, please submit a bug report. You can do this by selecting 'Submit a Bug Report' from the Help menu on the website task bar.

Most drops will be normal items. There are rare drops, some of them permanent. The article contains information about this, I strongly suggest reading it.

With any update, it is likely that it will have an effect on the Grand Exchange but this is not controlled by Jagex. We also do not create updates to ruin the achievements of players which is why the dragon items are corrupted, they are also corrupted so that non-members can try out this kind of equipment.

I hope this clears this issue up. It is always advisable with any update to read any information that is released as this will explain most questions you may have.

I would also suggest you read the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Specific Rules to find out how to post in the forums.

Mod Kathy

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?74 ... 68,goto,55

Quick find code: 74-75-351-57760768

Scary stuff! It appauls me to think that Jagex have allowed this bug to continue for so long! Opinions?

EDIT:

Or not...

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

05-Nov-2008 11:58:08

Hello,

There seems to have been some miscommunication at the Jagex Castle. Please accept our apologies regarding this confusion.

I can confirm that the DFH, among many other dragon items, can be dropped on the PvP worlds.

Again, we are sorry for the confusion.

74-75-564-57855477

Case closed I guess, unless you want to discuss communication with J mods or something, there's already a topic on whether DFHs being dropped in PvP or not is good or bad.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it aint a freaking bug........

Did you read the mod's post at all?

If you do get an uncorrupted dragon full helm from a drop, please submit a bug report. You can do this by selecting 'Submit a Bug Report' from the Help menu on the website task bar.

Quickly, dump the dfhs!

Surely now that DFHs have stopped dropping (if Jagex have fixed this bug) then people should be holding onto them...? :roll:

tifsiggy.jpg

So... the best reward from PvP worlds is a... bug? As if PvP worlds weren't unpopular enough. :roll:

+ as if DFH's weren't overpriced enough...

and just them being a reward caused them to crash anyway :wall:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

If it was really a bug would it have taken so long for them to identify it?

I knew about it being a drop within hours of pvp coming out.

Jagex have seen the complaints from skillers and now suddenly it's a bug. :roll:

That's [cabbage].

2j3qh46.jpg

Jagex have seen the complaints from skillers and now suddenly it's a bug. :roll:

I have to say I'm fairly cynical about this topic too. The thought had crossed my mind that in an attempt to lower DFH prices from the 80m street price, they had planned to just drop them for the first week or so and then claim it was all a bug, yes leave the DFHs in the game to keep the prices down.

tifsiggy.jpg

I don't trust Mod Kathy....

There have been multiple times in runescape history where Jagex Mods were misinformed...and I believe this is the case...she doesn't really understand how the drops work....

I would only trust a veteran Mod on this one...

w4M8t.png

I dont think that its a bug, i read somewhere that if both partys have atleast 75k worth of cash or items at stake then the winner could recive rare drops such as Dragon Full Helm or Dragonfire Sheild.

But last night i had a dream of me killing a spider and it droping a DFH.....Spider = Bug.

And nobody say something like ''spiders arent bugs, they're Arachnids''.

d6e4cdbc5e.png

But last night i had a dream of me killing a spider and it droping a DFH.....Spider = Bug.

And nobody say something like ''spiders arent bugs, they're Arachnids''.

:lol: Ye the fact that spiders arent techinally bugs is the thing which real stuck out as being weird in that statement,

Anyway, I think its pretty random thats its A) a bug didnt jagex notice for so long, B) the fact that you need to report it,

Seems possible to be that virtually anything is a possible drop, bar the things they specifical made undroppable (if you get that). Wonder what other things, they havent marked as undroppable, which they dont want people getting as drops?

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I haven't personally noticed any DFH drop pictures on at least 3 forums that I've visisted within the past 3 days. There are plenty of vids and pictures out there, but most of them appear to be from within the first week of PvP worlds.

If Mod Kathy is correct, I think what she is trying to say is that it was a bug, and it has been fixed. Therefore, if you're still getting them, you should report them.

And before someone posts a video to show me I'm wrong, there's really no reason to. You can't prove it was recent, nor can I prove that it was from early in the update. This is purely speculation based on the lack of topics in major forums. If you don't agree, then simply report it as a bug next time you see such a drop.

Quickly, dump the dfhs!

Surely now that DFHs have stopped dropping (if Jagex have fixed this bug) then people should be holding onto them...? :roll:

I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten to put in my asterisks. I was saying what happens when something goes wrong. Dump it. :twss:

debian.png

I really think Mod Kathy was just misinformed of what the dev team really wanted to be a high-end drop for the PvP worlds. I do agree though that it does remove some of the uniqueness of the drop being gotten from Mithril Dragons.

There's been many other events in which a Jmod was misinformed, such as the deal with chinchompas where I distinctly remember there being a mod who said it was to balance it out. Then later, another Jmod said it was a mistake and they fixed it a short while later.

I agree, Jagex failed with this one, they should've just said they decided to remove it instead of covering up their bs with this [cabbage].