Tip.It Times Presents: "Don�t Forget Your Chores!"

n_odie

Penguins are good if you get them reset day in world 60. I get them in less than 20 minutes for 30k slayer exp so pretty good really.

MTK only calculates when you collect resources so you can go once a week or so for it, even change resources without messing things up :)

lebst.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I tend to do.

- I grab 64 battlestaves if I am in Varrock as it only takes 2 mins, but I don't make a special trip for them.

- I top up MTK to 100% a couple of times a week, and collect the loot around every fortnight. Easy ~75k profit per day.

- I do TOG every week, free 10k rc xp for 5 mins work is great.

- I get sand from Bert only when I am on Lunar and use contact NPC spell.

- I spot penguins only when I see them, I don't go hunting them.

- I've never mined any stars, just doesn't appeal to me.

- I go to the circus each week without fail, 5 mins work for 40k xp is awesome.

chumley.png

There is one F2P chore, if you have the explorer ring at level 2 or better:

30 free low alchs per day, free mage training. Good items to dispose of are Willow logs or hard leather bodies, or any other item you make/gather which has a non-zero value and no significant market. If you just want the free mage xp, then pick of any old rubbish (the market for ash crashed) and zap it with the ring.

I buy Battlestaves every day!

I buy both Pineapple and Seaweed from Arhein, also every day!

I get my Sand and I farm herbs.

I do TOG and my Kingdom makes me stuff.

I go to the circus.

I don't kill Bork, dunno why, maybe I should start.

Penguins and stars are a little different. If I spot a Penguin, I spy on it, and if I see a star I get my pickaxe and mine it. But I do not hunt them.

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

I do farming runs every couple hours (which doesn't really count as a chore) so getting seaweed and pineapples every day is easy. Sand is kind of out of the way but worth it for making molten glass. (Superglass Make FTW!) I used to get battlestaves daily but now that I don't charge orbs regularly it's not really worth it. I'll get some if I have orbs laying around. I top up MTK two or three times a week. I do Tears and Circus every week since you only have to do those once and they don't take very long. I used to only spot penguins if I saw one but now I've started hunting them on World 60. MUCH faster. :) I've never done stars or Bork and it's probably been a month since I've done the Jade Vine.

Onemoreangel.png

im too lazy. i barely ever do any of these chores. I did the staff thing from zaff for about a week, then quit that too. But o well, its not that great of rewards anyways..

gina_monster.png

[hide=My goals]Gina_Monster.png

gina_monster.png[/hide]

R.I.P Anthony Pacheco, I'll never forget you homie. When i see you up there we gonna go skating aight man.

I used to do the battlestaves but i died in pvp and cba making cash so i aint been doing for a while :lol:

in the ways i have tried to make cash, like wc for instance, id make it, and use ir up on skills or random stuff like addy arrows (p++)

i do the circus for free exp (mainly mage because i get good exp and it costs a bit now as im level 67 but luckiny for me: 6k till 68 ::'

the seawead and pinnaplles i did for a while, but i realised i wasnt makin much cash so i stopped them.

as for the sand... lets just say iv no idea at all how to get that :wall:

and if i mstill on rs after dat, im wcing, fming or farming or doing quests :thumbsup:

oO.png

Underbannerfinished.png

Such a true article. I have more chores in a game (this game) than I do in real life. The kingdom is the worst because I can actualy do the math and see how much money I waste if I don't go there daily to mine a coal and leave. I seriously wish the guy would let me build up a store of 5 extra percent so I could go 5 days without stepping foot on the island. I used to do teh falling stars wuite avidly, I mean a free 100k (if you sell everything) per day is nothing to turn your nose up at, and I gained my last 5 mining levels (I am 70 currently) in about a week doing this minigame. Then I realised the stars drop every 2 hours, and each one was representing about 30-40 minutes to find and mine (in a group, but we were always in position early because people with mahogany scopes were never on). Now even though I can easily get all the star dust in one or two stars, it still means I can't go and kill ankous in between (as an example) because a normal trip means I have enough food for over an hour (but not more than 2 or I get really bored), and a short trip is usualy worth almost nothing (most of the valuble drops like battle staves and good herbs seem to be in the second half of a trip).

I don't hunt penguins actively, but I do the circus because of the large ammounts of xp to be had there (I have no interest in ringmaster). This is a reason why I don't farm. I never seem to have the time. As great as all teh stuff is, much more and I don't know what I will do.

forgot that jade vine eh?

I do do the chores and they can be quite annoying, knowing that it is advisable to do them. My chores essentially go day by day

Sunday: nothing (i finish homework then. Bad Idea, but meh)

Monday: Quest

Tuesday:Same quest or skill, Miscellania

Wednesday: Circus

Thursday:nothing of interest

Friday: Tears

Saturday: Tears (if not done yesterday), Miscellania, everything else.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Well lets see here.

I do MtK -- but I do it a little differently than some folks. I put 2 million gp in and max out the favor. Then I leave it along for a week or so. When I remember to, I go up to Etc. via the spirit tree and do some farming (watering, composting, raking) to get favor back up. When the month is up I collect the lot.

I also get my sand buckets every day by way of the lunar spell - NPC contact.

Bstaves, pineapples, seaweed - I'd do them daily if they were noted or if I could call them on lunar and have them put it in the bank. As it is I'd be running all over Runescape for 4 hours.

Tears: I mostly do tears when I am very near to taking a level.

svenne.png

#14340th to 99 magic!! w000t

What I would like to see is a screen on the user interface that could show a summary of which "chores" are ready to be done. Much like the way you can see the time remaining for ToG by viewing the quest info in the UI. Only it would include battlestaves, Bork, MtK, seaweed, sand, etc. I so hate visiting a site only to find out 24 hours haven't fully elapsed since my last visit, yet in another 10 minutes or so I could get my sand.

I do battlestaves whenever I want to knock out a crafting level--recently met goal of 80 (crafting glories FTW) so haven't bothered too much with it lately.

When doing that I'll pick up the 80 seaweed (one area which the interface needs some serious streamlining. How about offering me 80 noted seaweed in one click? I'd pay a premium of 5-10gp per, really! And too often I'm told he's out of stock though I was pretty sure a full day had passed.

I don't bother with pineapples anymore, farming is high enough to where I have plenty of coconut shells to use for supercompost.

Haven't done much at MtK since the G.E. caused maple prices to crash. Not huge on merchanting, and have plenty of coal for my own needs and fish monks/sharks as I need them. Will probably return when I need nests for sara brews.

I tried to remember to do Bork daily, but lost its charm for me after getting killed on one occasion, rushed back to claim the drops from my gravestone only to be informed that I couldn't re-enter the portal until tomorrow. Grrrrrr!

Jade Vine, I alternate between growing/slaying religiously and forgetting about for a week or two.

Been mining stars with the help of the [star Find] cc, enjoying the mostly cooperative group mining for now, but will probably tire of it soon.

Sand is another one of those that regularly I'm certain 24 hours have passed but Bert insists I already saw him. Thankfully with my PoH in Yanille, he's easy to get to.

So how about it Jagex, make a screen with Red/Green indicators for our "chores" to know when we can go back.

ciabelle.png

Being f2p you don't really get a chance to have a go at these sorts of things...

but i think If I could get around to becoming a member again, these would be what I would do. :D

Kingdom - for sure, probably weekly. Even if you don't need the resources, letting them build up in the bank for when a new update comes out or for if you decide you want a few extra mill for some reason seems like a good idea to me.

same for seaweed, battlestaves, sand and pineapples, although maybe not all of them every day. Again the resource building could help if you suddenly decide to up a few crafting levels or w/e.

circus/penguins - try them out, see how good they are and what kind of exp you could get. same with tears probably, never tried any of it. If training a skill thats a pain to train like prayer or expensive like construction, they would be the main targets of my exp :)

meh felt like posting, was a interesting read the article ne ways :D

=D>

Fish-99-oo.png

fish-99-oo.png

fish-99-oo.png

started RS - July '04