Tip.It Times Presents: "Don�t Forget Your Chores!"

n_odie

Another Tip.It Times for you!

This week's article, "Dont Forget Your Chores!" by stormveritas, covers a thought provoking dilemma that many RuneScape players face. Be sure to read through and and think how you are able to fit your "daily" task into your playing time.

Once upon a time, in the far off land of Misthalin, there lived an adventurer who traveled all the lands. In his (or her, but for brevity were using he today) travels, this brave adventurer reached out to the lonesome islands of Miscellania and Etcetera, where he became ruler...

>>>"Dont Forget Your Chores!"<<<

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completly agree, I recently called them chores in-game. And one of the ones you missed is Tears.

They are a pain but the reward is indeed, well worth it. I personally limit myself to b staves, penguins, farming and recently Miscellania. Circus I found useless and Star I do when I'm bored.

Boring like chores, but with 'allowance' too 8-)

I thougt it was gonne be about real-life chores vs runescape, kinda my dilemma now at university :P

Anyway, I find these little things amusing to do when you don't know what to train, also the weekly events as the circus or tears of guthix are a steady xp-source for my lower skills.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

When I get on, I do notice I have a to do list. I haven't even bothered with Miscellania or any of the Distractions. It is what it is called, just a distraction to me. I did the circus once, just for the music, and haven't bothered going back in. I just don't understand it enough, nor the wanting to do it again. I've seen one penguin. I don't go on a man hunt for them, it's just if I see it, I see it. I haven't bothered looking for a falling rock, if I find it I find it.

I don't even get to the battle staves or fruit or sand. I barely have enough time to log in, chat for a bit and then remember what I was doing previously. Oh well, more to you guys who have the time.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

"Chores" at least give me something to do when I'm not sure what to do with myself. And if I don't feel like keeping up with them for a while then I don't feel guilty about not doing them. Somethings no one seems to have mentioned yet are the Jade Vine and Bork for the regular slayer XP.

I agree entirely, i've stopped doing the circus now, it's to tedious

it's like my willow trees

i know i should go chop them down and grow new ones, but most of the time, i really can't be bothered, unless i have an urge to get more farming levels.

::'

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

Wow, I never realized how many things I missed daily lol When I go back to mems though if I follow this, it'll be like a job, and not fun..

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

There was once a time I tried to do them all: it became 100% of my runescape time. (and sadly nothing helped towards agility or runecrafting, my skills I try to get high atm)

Now i just do mtk (bi-weekly), battlestaves (since I want 75 crafting I'm stocking up on them, every other day), tears (rarely lately)...

I just don't feel like "redressing" for every chore I need to do: only playing for 5-10 mins straight every time I try to keep the startup time minimal..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I like the topic ::' The always do the pengiun hunts in World 60 and TOF rvery week, and I would slap myself if I forgot. I get my pinapples and sand of buckets when I run by :lol:

Although I really hate to stop what I am doing and do these tasks that can be tedious.

Wow that article sums them all up pretty well. Luckily for me I'm awful at questing and so haven't unlocked the 64 battlestaves - ~60k profit - per day yet, and the pineapples and sand... well I just can't be bothered. I always do MTK, but I only update it every 3 to 4 days or so, and I do Tears of Guthix every week as soon as I can.

I've egnored the circus for the last few weeks, again just out of pure laziness. I could probably get quite a lot of money and each day if I spent an hour a day going around and doing all these things, but with the amount of IRL work I'm getting at the moment I'm lucky to be on for an hour at all, and I would be spending all my play time doing chores - the thing I escape from by playing RS!

For things like the buckets of sand, I've been running right by his house and just completely forgotten he's there too. :roll:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Interesting read, but a bit too short.

I think the point was well made; no sense in blathering on, just to make a longer article -.-

I would love to see the seaweed and pineapple chores get automated, like the buckets of sand...just to cut down on the wasted time...

Even tho doing them its very tedious , also the reward is so big i cant stop doing them. I only do

bork , battlestaffs and my farm run everyday sacredly i only dont do them if im not at home, lately ive been

stop doing tog cause i been lazy and i check my kingdom every 3 days more or less

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

Yeh I noticed these daily chores. I try to combine them into a double chore past 12pm. So I just do it twice and can forget about it.

I do miscellenia before and after the clock. Bork before and after 12pm when I can. Stars are quite time consuming. That vine I only do after I done bork.

I dont bother with buckets or that other stuff.

Then of course there are the penguins and tears of guthix..

The stars are the biggest pain if I want to get them done each day. I dont mind so much bork or miscellenia they are quick and easy but it is on my list of things to 'get out of the way' when I login.

I dont mind so much missing any of those things besides miscellenia. Bork close second for the charms.

The only chore I engage in would be Farming and that's merely because I'm a skiller. Once in a while I will do Tears of Guthix. I never do stuff like MTK. I play to have as much fun as I can, and walking the whole way over there everyday just to get some money isn't my style at all.

I always seem to forget my chores.

So, I set up a daily schedule to Buy/Alch Battlestaves, Kill, Bork (I like doing it) ::' , Buy Seaweed and Pineapples, and get my Free Buckets of Sand.

I also farm regularly for Toadflax.

This schedule controls me. But, it also guarantees profit.

I've never done Miscellania, but I might soon (another thing to add to my schedule :ohnoes: )

I loves me my chores! \'

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

Herbs every 1.5 hours.

Fruit trees + calquat every day.

Trees twice a day.

Bork and Jade vine every day.

MTK every 2 days.

Tears every week.

Those are my chores, I just don't do circus + comets, only spot a penguin if I see one and plan to cut my chores down a bit once I reach 99 farming 8-)

2dvjurb.png