Does "Skiller" really mean no combat?

Zierro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semantics

:shame: This world is built on semantics.

Imo,

skiller = skills over combat

pure skiller = straight up skills

Though I'm not sure why people want to limit themselves to one facet of the game. :\

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

I consider myself a skiller with combat levels too. I've got 5 non combat level 99's and I havnt trained combat properly for a long time now.

A level 3 skiller just hinders their chances of skilling faster. At the end of the day if we are both woodcutting and both get a spirit random, who is gonna end up dead first and who if going to be laughing?

Thanks for proving a skiller has it much harder off. :)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Forgive me if you are a nice and friendly level 3 who does their skilling their way because they enjoy what the game has to offer and is up for a challenge, the following does not apply to you at all.

---

I see skiller as someone who likes to train their skill. Doesn't mean they have to be low levels, but if they got the majority of their skills to mid-to-high levels and combat doesn't overly dominate the upper regions, then I think you can call yourself a skiller. I consider myself a skiller.

But what I loathe is level 3 skillers placing themselves on a higher level or placed on a higher level by other people because of the difficulty of their work. Is okay to use it as an argument when someone was disrespecting you, but what I hate is when claiming respect or superiority. Hey, shows you are doing things for the fame not for the fun. And I hate it when people criticize others for not doing things away from the norm. And further more, hate it when level 3, mainly in RSOF, complain that certain updates don't favour them. Can't expect people to cater for people who deliberately place themselves in the minority and shows a failure to respond to new challenges. Maybe because my last encounter with a level 3 skiller is in Birmhaven Agility Arena, lashing out at me for not repairing his grave. Excuse me sir, but it be helpful if I saw you die. Then he said I should be looking out for him...I help when I can help but I can't be expected to be actively helping.

So to conclude, if you value skilling and you actually skill a lot, then you are a skiller. The term is not exclusive to Pure Skillers, and that competency in skilling cannot be judged by what you chose not do to which is freely available to everyone. I said this especially to not contradict myself....I will spare you my rant about the insanely rich and skilling next time.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Look, if you have a problem with the way I post then that's fine. Join the I-hate-Zierro Club. It really doesn't bother me though. I'm gonna be here for a while and post however I want. ;)

Not going to bother responding to your other comments as you misinterpreted what I said. As for this one, I don't hate you....I just think you're an idiot, and I'm a co-founder of the I-think-Zierro's-an-idiot Club.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Look, if you have a problem with the way I post then that's fine. Join the I-hate-Zierro Club. It really doesn't bother me though. I'm gonna be here for a while and post however I want. ;)

Not going to bother responding to your other comments as you misinterpreted what I said. As for this one, I don't hate you....I just think you're an idiot, and I'm a co-founder of the I-think-Zierro's-an-idiot Club.

I'm an idiot for not responding to every post made on here? You'd think you'd make a better troll by now, but your attempts of trying to harass me (yes I still remember those PM's you sent me) just keep becoming more and more pathetic. This is the internet, kid! Get a life pl0x!!

I'm an idiot for not responding to every post made on here? You'd think you'd make a better troll by now, but your attempts of trying to harass me (yes I still remember those PM's you sent me) just keep becoming more and more pathetic. This is the internet, kid! Get a life pl0x!!

I've decided that I thought you were an idiot long before this thread, and I'm not trying to harass anyone...I observed something that I thought humorous and commented on it, then you got into your "respond to everything mad says" mode.

P.S. - This isn't the internet! This.........is.........SPART!!!

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I observed something that I thought humorous and commented on it, then you got into your "respond to everything mad says" mode.

P.S. - This isn't the internet! This.........is.........SPART!!!

Apparently I'm not allowed to not make posts. I'm just playing by the rules that you set for me. :lol:

PS: You're also in your "respond to everything Zierro says" mode. Watch, you will respond to this too. And if you don't then that means this pointless argument that you initiated is over. It's a win-win situation. 8-)

Personally I think "level 3 skillers" are just for the ego.

I love skilling, Just look at mining and fishing, smithing if you would like. <3:

Now at the point in time I've gone combat crazy but 117 combat with 1880 total isn't bad.

Mutaliisk.png

Lv 3 skillers arent level 3 skillers for the ego.

True some think its better to get 99 ~~ than a level 100 or something, but its actually not.

Skillers have all the time to do it while 100s focus on melee aswell

Although 100s have easier ways to make money ...

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I think skiller just means someone who likes skills, not really into combat but does more skilling then combat. For one example I knew a guy who was in his lvl 80's combat but had around 3 or 4 99's, thats an example of what I think of a skiller.

¤ Macaw 1000 ¤

|99 Attack/Strength/HP|

macawsicecream.jpg This noob gave me Ice Cream... ©

Skillers are thought to be level 3's, yes. However, I'd say it's anyone who enjoys skills enough to have decent levels equivalent or higher than their combat levels. Combat just isn't thought to be a skill. It's just...combat.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

There are 2 types but most people think it's type 2, when in fact it can be either or.

Skiller type 1: Training all skills to it's maximum level

Skiller type 2: Training all skills except for combat

Technically they're both skillers, it just depends on what people think of as a *skiller* :-k

I'm type 1 \'

2vuhgcn.png

The skillers with a combat lvl of 3 are pures, and pures are silly imho.

Real skillers do all parts of the skill themselves instead of playing a pyramid sceme in which you use the labor of others to advance a very small subset of your own skills at a time.

Fletchers making bows from logs out of the G.E., Cooks preparing fish from the G.E., Crafters who make range armor G.E. dragon leathers, etc., I'm looking at you!

You know, I can't imagine how people spend $6.00 a month to just sit around and chop trees all throughout their Runescape life until they get to 99.

And the training bow they carry, that annoys the heck out of me. So what if you gain a few XP from attacking something?

Alak_Goury.png

I'm not playing right now, but I'll be back

The best song in RuneScape.

Skillers are thought to be level 3's, yes. However, I'd say it's anyone who enjoys skills enough to have decent levels equivalent or higher than their combat levels. Combat just isn't thought to be a skill. It's just...combat.

The first thing that comes to my mind with 'Skiller' I think of someone who does Non-Combat related skills because they find more pleasure in that instead of combat.

EditedSignature1.png

I mostly find that we seperate our skills into Combat and Other. Combat is either a meleer, mager, or ranger with summoning on the side if wanted. Maybe a slayer counts as one? Other is just everything else that does not have much to do with combat.

In my opinion, a skiller is a person who primarily focuses on training non-combat skills. Its more of a stage.

I remember that when I was level 77, I gave up combat. Perhaps I was bored of it, or I was a little shocked that my fishing was level 11 (rofl). For a long time, it was alot of training and I think I got all F2P skills 30+. Of course after that, I went back to combat. When 2008 came around, I got my first membership, and quit combat yet again. Back to skilling! I got lots of levels up until I started a questing stage, which then progressed to a minigame stage, then a slayer stage, and back to the combat stage :P

Some stages I can think of are

Minigame

Questing

Combat/Slayer

Skilling

Sometimes, a level 3 skiller goes off into the great unknown and enters a new stage of its life (Odd way to describe it:lol: ).

In summary, I think a Skiller is a stage for some people, and also is what we sometimes refer to as a level 3 who trainins non-combat skills.

I'm very confusing, aren't I? :-#

My first account (RSC) was definitely not a skiller. I trained combat first off, and got almost all combat skills to a low 60 before I decided to train seriously with other skills. I actually decided that I liked my other, non-combat skills better, and I called myself a skiller. The only problem was, waaaay back then skilling was much harder to do (no string 'x' option, or any 'x' option)...

My new account, Earthy Sun, I created because of my love of the non-combat skills, and because (as much as I love my old account <3:) none of my old friends came on anymore due to my quitting for two years. I created a level 3 'skiller' not for attention, but for love of the non-combat skills, challenge, rewards, and the pursuit of happiness. Who could ask for more? ::'

Anyway, one who trains skills *is* skilling. But a 'skiller' is more seen as someone who trains not every skill, but a few select skills (more like a pure). If someone has combat skills, but prefers training skills that don't require combat, so be it. I'll call them a skiller for that reason.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

I think skillers in terms of overall skills and total lvls, so in this aspect, I count combat as a skill too.

Maybe its more like distinction between skillers, pkers and merchant? otherwise, they would use pure skillers (like no combat, just non combat skills) as proper term

Its quite blurred of what you can make of it really, I train combat too and non combat skills, but I dont pk, so I guess I am more of a overall skiller, it really depend on what type of definition you use really.

a happy Runescaper