Racism: Acceptable the other way?

Danqazmlp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be seen as a step backward, and consider racist. Since "white" is seen as the dominate race in society, we have to show the biggest effort in ending racism.

But that totally contradicts the true meaning of equality. Why must ending racism be in the hands of only one race? Why can't the world work together in this?

It would be seen as a step backward, and consider racist. Since "white" is seen as the dominate race in society, we have to show the biggest effort in ending racism.

But that totally contradicts the true meaning of equality. Why must ending racism be in the hands of only one race? Why can't the world work together in this?

To an extent it does contradict itself. But when the key powers in hand, the corporations & major governments are controlled by whites. Its in the hands of whites to take the steps forward to make the change. I don't mean that it is only the job of whites, because it would take the effort of everyone to make the change that is desired. Politics aren't my area of expertise so I'm going stay away from that so I don't embarrasses myself with my lack of knowledge in the subject..

tFtfA.jpg

Whites are dominant in just about everything -- even the rap industry (Eminem, anyone? how ironic that a white man controls a predominantly black industry!). Whites have hardly anything to worry about in a typical American or European society. Minorities have plenty of reasons to feel like the "white man is keeping them down." Of course, that doesn't at all excuse them of any racism period. But if anyone SHOULD be racist, it shouldn't be whites because of minority rights.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Whites are dominant in just about everything -- even the rap industry (Eminem, anyone? how ironic that a white man controls a predominantly black industry!). Whites have hardly anything to worry about in a typical American or European society. Minorities have plenty of reasons to feel like the "white man is keeping them down." Of course, that doesn't at all excuse them of any racism period. But if anyone SHOULD be racist, it shouldn't be whites because of minority rights.

You just named one rapper who is highly successful out of so many. Eminem does NOT dominate the rap industry, he is only one white guy out of a genre that is clearly dominated by blacks. Shaddy Records/ Aftermath only have 3 huge players in the industry. 50 cent, Dr. Dre, and Eminem all nearing the end of their careers.

tFtfA.jpg

You just named one rapper who is highly successful out of so many. Eminem does NOT dominate the rap industry, he is only one white guy out of a genre that is clearly dominated by blacks. Shaddy Records/ Aftermath only have 3 huge players in the industry. 50 cent, Dr. Dre, and Eminem all nearing the end of their careers.

I didn't mean that as an actual good example. It was just a humorous exaggeration.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Me and my friends are all kinda racist to maori people, behind their backs obviously or they'll "smash us bro" or "smash your face in [bleep]".

Obviously there are ones who don't try act gangsters and actually try at school but they're pretty rare.

They can say stuff about us being white so we can say stuff back fair enough.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

BET is NOT racist, it is a channel dedicated to black culture. Many channels are focus around a culture; G4tv, WE, MTV, VH1, etc.

Simon During-

"At one level the only way to avoid racism is simply to stop using racist concepts."

For those who use the term "African American" almost 99% of the time the person did NOT come from Africa, they were born in America making them Americans. Your misidentifying their identify as Americans which isn't right. Calling someone black is not racist as long as your not using it in a negative context or in anger.. Its all very simple.

That's correct... Because after a generation and upon gaining citizenship by birth, you become an American in the United States. You're no longer "European American", "Vietnamese American", you simply are a citizen of your country.

Whites are dominant in just about everything -- even the rap industry (Eminem, anyone? how ironic that a white man controls a predominantly black industry!)

White rappers make up less than 1% of gold-record selling artists, Eminem doesn't control anything.

Racism is a two way street. In fact, a white person could sue a black co-worker/employer if the use a racial term like cracker. It's like when a woman is the abuser in an abusive relationship and it doesn't get reported because the person doesn't want people to view them differently or weak.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

In Australia the blacks get everything given to them. The government pays for them to go to school, they pay their bills and don't have to do much work because they are Aboriginal. Now the whites have to do everything for themselves and as soon as we say something wrong we are called racists, when the government has never treated both blacks and whites the same.

nice job on that bus mate

sydney20riots737262uc0.jpg

its already been done in america tho

you aussies are always late on everything

sigge7.gif

Racism is racism.

In Australia the blacks get everything given to them. The government pays for them to go to school, they pay their bills and don't have to do much work because they are Aboriginal. Now the whites have to do everything for themselves and as soon as we say something wrong we are called racists, when the government has never treated both blacks and whites the same.

Aboriginals are the most disadvantage group in Australia. Mainstream services such as employment, health, education and housing are not particularly adaptive to needs of indigenous Australians. Aboriginals therefore are given incentives to go to school because a high percentage of them do not attend school. What better way to tackle this problem through education. Education breaks the cycle of poverty. If the government did nothing, the 'laziness' that appears to be assumed will continue.

It should be noted that though majority of white Australians are well off, but they are still entitled to benefits if they are struggling.

They can say stuff about us being white so we can say stuff back fair enough.

And this is why racism will never end.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

No, it is not acceptable for anyone to be racist.

You are ignoring the fact that blacks in America have always supported the Democratic party strongly. Obama's being black may have encouraged more African Americans to vote at all, but I think the small amount of blacks who voted for Obama BECAUSE he's black is around the same as the amount of whites who voted for McCain because he's white.

Racism is not just a white man's problem. We all share the shame.

Actually, not so. I believe the blacks supported Repubs. until around good ole FDR. But, who wouldn't support FDR.

I agreee with you dude, it is unacceptable.

Also, I may be ignorant in this subject, I'm not sure, beucase my gov't teacher says my city is 'ahead of everyone else' in that there's virtually no racism here. Well, as in whites racists to blacks, so unless I'm unaware of a huge problem, people (blacks, asians even whites in some cases) need to get over themselves, racism is effectivly over, as far as I know.

On the flip side, that's very true James, when I was watching the news, and WVA went McCain the anchor said "that's no surprise" but everyone at my workj, everyone, whites or black, said they were voting for Obama cause he was black. I was like "lol who cares what color he is, it's his policies that matter." And they called me a racist. #-o

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

nice job on that bus mate

sydney20riots737262uc0.jpg

its already been done in america tho

you aussies are always late on everything

Right, so he talks about how Aboriginals are given more government handouts and you equate him to the thugs during the Cronulla Riots? He's talking about the policies of the Australian government, not how Blacks are an inferior race or any garbage like that.

The Cronulla riots were due to ignorant racist attitudes towards people of Middle-Eastern descent because of isolated incidents at the hands of some Lebanese people. How can you seriously compare Jem's comments to those of the rioters unless he starts showing blatantly racist attitudes towards all Aboriginal people?

Why don't you ask him what he feels about Aboriginal people before you make an ignorant value judgement like that?

Remind me, when was the last time a black man in Australia got to be PM?

Aboriginals account for about 3% of the population of Australia. If you wanted to make yourself look like someone who scapegoats tiny sections of a society for your own hardship, well done. Note: That accusation is different to calling you a racist. Australia remains one of the most "whitest" places on Earth thanks partly due to the WAP, but also immigration. White Europeans, not blacks, account for the majority of your immigrants.

It's just you make it out like it's a total cakewalk for them but reality doesn't seem to concur.

You're just bitter because of the blacklash following the WAP, and how the government has so actively promoted multiculturalism in its wake. Even so, I'd rather be white than black in Australia. Britain too for that matter. No question about it.

There is a massive difference between White Pride and Black Pride, and the difference is cultural.

Black Pride is simply pride in the way that Black people have coped and over come the commonalities in their culture, most of the people engaging in Black Pride have, in their history or ancestry, dealt with slavery, racism and segragation, for the most part they have, through engaging with their opponents used political will and intelligent debate and peaceful protest to overcome those horrendous difficulties.

Now look at white pride, the commonality within the culture is that of the oppressor rather than the repressed, and if you look at the people who are engaging in White Pride this is mostly what they are celebrating, their dominance over other people. In fact as a white man I find it very difficult to have pride in my roots, I am quite simply ashamed of what my ancestors did. In order to overcome this myself I have to go much further back in time to my celtic roots and I find myself able to take pride in being a Celt, but this is a much smaller group than White. There is no overarching theme to being white others than Empire building at the expense of others, and who can take pride in that in good faith?

You are ignoring the fact that blacks in America have always supported the Democratic party strongly. Obama's being black may have encouraged more African Americans to vote at all, but I think the small amount of blacks who voted for Obama BECAUSE he's black is around the same as the amount of whites who voted for McCain because he's white.

Not exactly. I've seen things such as, "Tears of Joy Stream from the Faces of the Black Community" in newspapers and whatnot. Obama isn't even black! Plus, he has no birth certificate.

Listen, I'm not racist, but in all honesty I think his win was over-hyped, and so was his campaign.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Not exactly. I've seen things such as, "Tears of Joy Stream from the Faces of the Black Community" in newspapers and whatnot. Obama isn't even black! Plus, he has no birth certificate.

Listen, I'm not racist, but in all honesty I think his win was over-hyped, and so was his campaign.

No birth certificate!? I'll call the press! He shouldn't have been elected without a birth certificate! He could be an illegal immigrant!

I'm sure you're not racist, but you are misinformed.

Now look at white pride, the commonality within the culture is that of the oppressor rather than the repressed, and if you look at the people who are engaging in White Pride this is mostly what they are celebrating, their dominance over other people. In fact as a white man I find it very difficult to have pride in my roots, I am quite simply ashamed of what my ancestors did. In order to overcome this myself I have to go much further back in time to my celtic roots and I find myself able to take pride in being a Celt, but this is a much smaller group than White. There is no overarching theme to being white others than Empire building at the expense of others, and who can take pride in that in good faith?

I disgree. You are describing any show of pride in your routes (no different to patiotism) if you are white to be celebrating your "dominance". The majority of white people are not at all racist; it is unfair to label them as "opressors". That is view is prejudiced, and almost racist itself.

You also claim that white people built empires on the "backs of others". This is true, but black people have also done immoral things in the past. The genocide in Darfur, for instance, was (or is?)commited by black people; albeit against other black people, it was still racist. Black people have built empires on the backs of others just as much as white people. Take the Egyptian civilisation for instance. That was built on slave labour of Hebrews, and had it been feasable for white people to arrive in Egypt poor and helpless at that time, they would probably have been inslaved to- what I am saying is that when primarily black countries were powerfull, transport was too poor to realy make racism against white people possible.

In short, calling white people "opressors", even if it were enitrely true, would be a claim based on mere circumstance. I'm sure black people are (or were) racist towards white people in their own countries.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

I think this article clearly sums up why people consider Obama black over his white background.

CNN article[/url]":14dbd86x]

"He can't say, 'I'm a white guy named Barack Hussein Obama,' nobody's going to buy that," says cultural critic Michaela Angela Davis. "We're not ready for that."

tFtfA.jpg

Racism is such a complex subject. Ideally, to end it, we need equal participation on the part of all races, not just white people.

The general concept of a completely un-racist society is equal treatement for all, but that is ignoring obvious fact.s

I will use an example. Where I live, in canada, the provincial government has just approved an All black school. It is a high school for black teens only. No white people, no Indian, no asian, only black. All the teachers will be black as well.

Many have argued that this is a step backwards, going back to segregation, because it is treating blacks differently because they are black, which is the definition of racism.

I am somewhat inclined to agree; if a school was ever made for whites only there would be huge uproar.

However; this is not a completely uninformed decision. In general, black teens have a lower graduation rate from high school then students of other races. After many studies, it was determined that black students were more likely to succesfully complete their education surrounded by peers and teachers(mentors) they can better identify with.

In the end, if this school helps more black students to succesfully graduate high school, and therefore become more informed, and better citizens, would this not help in making society less racist?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

To be informal on the whole 'people regiestered to vote more this year than others'

Just let you know, there have been ALOT of public events that people could go to but had to regiester first. For example. A Jay-Z concert was open to only those that got the ticket via regiesterting.

Also people who regiestered(IN SOME PLACES!) Were able to get free coffe, donuts, even.......'toys' ;)

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I disgree. You are describing any show of pride in your routes (no different to patiotism) if you are white to be celebrating your "dominance". The majority of white people are not at all racist; it is unfair to label them as "opressors". That is view is prejudiced, and almost racist itself.

I'm not labelling anyone alive today as an oppressor, I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was, I'm labelling the precursors of our culture as repressive, specifically, the cultures of the Americas, and the Europeans but also that of the Russias.

What I'm describing as 'celebrating your dominance' are the actions of those people who are currently about who do talk about "white pride". the only people I've actually heard of who use the phrase "white pride" are nazi skinheads and to a lesser extent some of the more over the top (and obviously less respresentative) deep southerners in the US and I think it is fair to say that those sorts of people are indeed racist and celebrating their "dominance".

You also claim that white people built empires on the "backs of others". This is true, but black people have also done immoral things in the past. The genocide in Darfur, for instance, was (or is?)commited by black people; albeit against other black people, it was still racist. Black people have built empires on the backs of others just as much as white people. Take the Egyptian civilisation for instance. That was built on slave labour of Hebrews, and had it been feasable for white people to arrive in Egypt poor and helpless at that time, they would probably have been inslaved to- what I am saying is that when primarily black countries were powerfull, transport was too poor to realy make racism against white people possible.

If you have to go back two thousand years to find a black culture being repressive I think that argument starts to lose it's strength, very little of that culture survives and most of their culture today is based on the arrival of Islam rather than the remnants of the culture you mention, most of which seems to have been kept/revived for the sake of the tourist industry.

But Durfur is an inportant point and you are quite correct, but I think it's more of a case of inter-tribal conflict which is a very strong part of black culture and something black culture has yet to get to grips with. I'm not sure whether it would fit the same repeating pattern that the white cultures have in oppression of others, however I'm perfectly prepared to conceed that its a valid point.

In short, calling white people "opressors", even if it were entirely true, would be a claim based on mere circumstance. I'm sure black people are (or were) racist towards white people in their own countries.

That is not remotely what I'm alking about and I'm sorry if I didnt express myself well enough to get it across, I'm talking about racism embedded in a culture and then overcome to become the cultures we have today. Individuals have nothing to do with it. Are you implying that the British Empire, for example was not a repressive culture?

Racism is such a complex subject. Ideally, to end it, we need equal participation on the part of all races, not just white people.

The general concept of a completely un-racist society is equal treatement for all, but that is ignoring obvious fact.s

I will use an example. Where I live, in canada, the provincial government has just approved an All black school. It is a high school for black teens only. No white people, no Indian, no asian, only black. All the teachers will be black as well.

Many have argued that this is a step backwards, going back to segregation, because it is treating blacks differently because they are black, which is the definition of racism.

I am somewhat inclined to agree; if a school was ever made for whites only there would be huge uproar.

However; this is not a completely uninformed decision. In general, black teens have a lower graduation rate from high school then students of other races. After many studies, it was determined that black students were more likely to succesfully complete their education surrounded by peers and teachers(mentors) they can better identify with.

In the end, if this school helps more black students to succesfully graduate high school, and therefore become more informed, and better citizens, would this not help in making society less racist?

Racism has brought society not only to its knees, but has smashed its dumb head against the stone floor repeatedly. People need to be re-educated about the subject. If someone treats anybody differently merely because of their ethnicity, they should be ashamed of themselves. This 'positive discrimination' (which is an oxymoron) has brought shame upon a society which should have solved the problem by now.

By the way, I will always put 'Human' in the 'Other' box in all forms which ask for my ethnicity.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'm not labelling anyone alive today as an oppressor, I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was, I'm labelling the precursors of our culture as repressive, specifically, the cultures of the Americas, and the Europeans but also that of the Russias.

What I'm describing as 'celebrating your dominance' are the actions of those people who are currently about who do talk about "white pride". the only people I've actually heard of who use the phrase "white pride" are nazi skinheads and to a lesser extent some of the more over the top (and obviously less respresentative) deep southerners in the US and I think it is fair to say that those sorts of people are indeed racist and celebrating their "dominance".

That's fair enough to describe those people as celebrating dominance, but, if done respectfully, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your roots.

If you have to go back two thousand years to find a black culture being repressive I think that argument starts to lose it's strength, very little of that culture survives and most of their culture today is based on the arrival of Islam rather than the remnants of the culture you mention, most of which seems to have been kept/revived for the sake of the tourist industry.

But Durfur is an inportant point and you are quite correct, but I think it's more of a case of inter-tribal conflict which is a very strong part of black culture and something black culture has yet to get to grips with. I'm not sure whether it would fit the same repeating pattern that the white cultures have in oppression of others, however I'm perfectly prepared to conceed that its a valid point.

Yes, you do have to go back a long time to find an represive black culture, but that is due to circumstance, not the nature of black people: there haven't been any dominant countries or world powers of primarily black people in a long time. I may be wrong, but it seems as if you are saying that white culture is, by defintion, prejudice. Prejudice is a part of human nature, though culture can emphasise it.

That is not remotely what I'm alking about and I'm sorry if I didnt express myself well enough to get it across, I'm talking about racism embedded in a culture and then overcome to become the cultures we have today. Individuals have nothing to do with it. Are you implying that the British Empire, for example was not a repressive culture?

Yes, European culture was racist, and is becoming less so, but it was more the position of power that European culture had that gave rise to racism, not the nature of its culture.

If black nations had been in world power, they would have been no different; racism is human nature.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?