Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

map.png

Do not know if that helps but that is what I was thinking regarding the center of the compass and what not. Also thought that the northern one was the temple in the northeast wilderness and then the Brimhaven Dungeon with the metal dragons... though I have no idea.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Ahh just thought of something!!

Although it doesn't quite work there is a Dragon threat coming from all directions.

North - Wilderness - King Black Dragon, Red Dragons and Green Dragons (also Black ones)

East - The Dragon in Lumbridge underground and Black Dragons in Evil Chicken Lair

South - Bronze, Iron and Steel Dragons in Brimhaven dungeon

West - Mithril Dragons, Green Brutal Dragons and Blue Dragons to the west.

Don't really see the contribution this has to the thread but eh, may help someone else to speculate if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Dark_Jab.png

Although it doesn't quite work there is a Dragon threat coming from all directions.

North - Wilderness - King Black Dragon, Red Dragons and Green Dragons (also Black ones)

East - The Dragon in Lumbridge underground and Black Dragons in Evil Chicken Lair

Don't really see the contribution this has to the thread but eh, may help someone else to speculate if it hasn't already been mentioned.

This is a good point. If the dragonkin really made dragons then they either rules those parts of rs or they put the dragons all over rs so that 1 day they can close in on us from all the parts of rs and bring us to our death. The dragonkin will probably try to take over rs and the stone of jas.

This is a good point. If the dragonkin really made dragons then they either rules those parts of rs or they put the dragons all over rs so that 1 day they can close in on us from all the parts of rs and bring us to our death. The dragonkin will probably try to take over rs and the stone of jas.

This is an interesting thing to consider. Why are the dragons in their current locations? Were they put there by the Dragonkin? Did they migrate there after the Dragonkin disappeared? How did they get into Zanaris? Are there unseen connections between the Dragonkin and the fairies?

First off, just wanted to say, very nice thread! You've got a ton of awesome stuff here.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else who has completed WGS has checked if Wizard Elriss says anything new about the Stone Of Jas that might shed more light on the subject. I've heard she tells you a bit about it if you charm her - if you have a high enough RC level, which, unfortunately, I do not. This might be a dead end, but it's worth a look.

First off, just wanted to say, very nice thread! You've got a ton of awesome stuff here.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else who has completed WGS has checked if Wizard Elriss says anything new about the Stone Of Jas that might shed more light on the subject. I've heard she tells you a bit about it if you charm her - if you have a high enough RC level, which, unfortunately, I do not. This might be a dead end, but it's worth a look.

That's a good question! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Anyone noticed the dragonkin-silhouette in the 'Rise of Lucien' picture? or is that just me? or did I miss something??

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Land beyond the Wilderness = Dragonkin?

In the story doesn't it say; The Dragonkin rose (and there are no Gods at that time)...

It's the 5th age now and Guthix is awake, why would he even let them try anything? Unless they're even stronger than he is, in which case we can only beat them in a quest by using something like the Staff of Armadyl itself, otherwise if we can fight them (as we can with Dagannoth Kings) then they'll be easy (same as Jad, he's easily killed, what I mean is by the weapons you can use to hit damage on them).

If they are godlike and we are going to fight them that would be awesome ... the first raid monster ... 500 ppl trying to kill something that fkes them up with 1 hit :D.. you just step in the massacre hit once maybe twice and kaboom :D

Anyone noticed the dragonkin-silhouette in the 'Rise of Lucien' picture? or is that just me? or did I miss something??

What silhouette?!

Just kidding! That was an image that I made, its not actually from RuneScape

Land beyond the Wilderness = Dragonkin?

In the story doesn't it say; The Dragonkin rose (and there are no Gods at that time)...

It's the 5th age now and Guthix is awake, why would he even let them try anything? Unless they're even stronger than he is, in which case we can only beat them in a quest by using something like the Staff of Armadyl itself, otherwise if we can fight them (as we can with Dagannoth Kings) then they'll be easy (same as Jad, he's easily killed, what I mean is by the weapons you can use to hit damage on them).

In order to prevent another God War, Guthix banished all gods, including himself (otherwise he'd be a super-hypocrite!) to the God realm, forbidding them from directly intervening with daily life in RuneScape. Guthix could probably come back to RuneScape, but things would have to be REALLY bad for that to happen (the Dragonkin getting the Staff of Armadyl and the Stone of Jas might qualify!)

but when was the stone of jas in the wilderness, more specifically at the location of the "fist of guthix"? and what did it do there to make such an impact to the cave surrounding it? if we can agree that the stone was in morytania when the dragonkin used it to destroy the world created by the elder-gods(including jas probably) which made the wasteland that guthix transformed into gielnor and after that guthix used it he hid it on lunar island where is changed the rocks around it into rune essence, when did it lie (upside down even) on the location that fiaria guards?

also is the regular rune essence the same as the one on lunar island? on lunar island you can only walk the scaffolds which can be seen from the lower lying essence the modern wizards discovered, if this isn't the case the stone has been moved at least 5 times:

from the dragonkin stronghold to the place guthix used it (maybe the fist of guthix location?)

then from that location to "the north" where it slowely changed the rocks around it into rune essence

then the humans found it, and used it to create magic and the runic altars

(if the essence are 2 separate locations)to the modern rune essence

lastly when the old druids moved it to the temple where it layed until we found it.

why didn't the dragonkin sense the stone moving when they moved it the first 3 times but they did when lucien moved it?

lastly when you are under the infuence of the stone you had a white aura around you, in the cut-scene after the quest the dragonkin had exactly the same aura, did removing the stone from the temple or even just killing the guardian restore their contact to the stone and made them (at least partially) powerfull again?

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

Well I'm just gonna ask this straight-forward.

Does anyone have the cutscene in which the dragonkin show up recorded?

When I did the quest I did not see the cutscene. I believe it was due to my prayer points depleting that canceled the cutscene. No idea why else it wouldn't start/stop right after it started.

I'd greatly apreciate if someone would upload it on youtube.

Lider V

Lider_V.png

Lider_V, the cut scene occurs after you collect the 400k experience reward. If you have not collected that, there is still a chance for you to do so.

Oh thanks!

I haven't collected it yet. I will when I get around to getting 65 Runecrafting. Dang I hate that skill :wall:

Lider V

Lider_V.png

I've only just realised that when the KBD said in a letter before about what makes us strong will be our downfall (or something to that degree) I always thought he meant the dragon equipment, as we use it more, the more powerful the Dragonkin become.

Now it's blatantly obvious he was referring to magic! As soon as humans gained access to magic, our golden age of runescape started, were the human races came into power. The key to the Dragonkin's power is magic, and by removing the Stone of Jas from the temple of Guthix it has only speeded up the process for the Dragonkin.

-edit - Ah the quote:

The very weapons that make you strong bring Kin's return ever closer.

Ok, so magic isn't exactly a weapon per say but meh :D

Dark_Jab.png

Lider_V, the cut scene occurs after you collect the 400k experience reward. If you have not collected that, there is still a chance for you to do so.

Oh thanks!

I haven't collected it yet. I will when I get around to getting 65 Runecrafting. Dang I hate that skill :wall:

Lider V

I used mine on runecrafting as well :] I dislike the skill but was lucky and had 18 penquin points saved up. Free 20k runecrafting experience ftw. Hit level 65 with the points then 71 with the experience.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I have found something after reading through the quest log from While Guthix Sleeps after doing the quest.

It says that Jas enslaved the Dragonkin to guard the Stone of Jas.

Also something concerning Hazelmere (spoiler warning):

[hide=]At the end of Path of Glouphrie, during his prophecy, he says the following: "Of the eight, only two shall return; one represents the path of Slayer and one the path of the warrior. This might have been different, but I have made my choice, and it is up to you to prove that I made the right one."

Right before he dies in While Guthix Sleeps he says that he still holds on to that choice. He could have survived but he didn't because of that choice. So what was that choice?[/hide]

And yes, I've heard of Darkmeyer, but I think that would involve the Drakan family instead of the Dragonkin.

priest_wiz.png

According to an offical history of the world of runescape found here, Robert the Strong as well as Arrav can be traced back to the Forth Age not the first or second. Not sure what that means exactly but it would seem that Robert the Strong lived less than 2000 years ago, a time when the Kin have seemingly done very little. If the Kin also lived in Castle Drakan, where I suppose the scene of Robert the Strong and his cat fight the Kin, then it may have been during the 4th Age.

What evidence do we have as to how long the Vampires have lived in Castle Drakan?

Is it possible that the castle we see the fight occur in may have been another caslte found elsewhere, even the wildy one perhaps?

But most importantly, what evidence supports your idea that Robert was from so long ago, as it refutes both the historical records above as well as the Varrock Museum?

Anyway maybe that has been said but it seemed to me that you placed Robert the Strong much earlier than he should have been.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I have found something after reading through the quest log from While Guthix Sleeps after doing the quest.

It says that Jas enslaved the Dragonkin to guard the Stone of Jas.

Also something concerning Hazelmere (spoiler warning):

[hide=]At the end of Path of Glouphrie, during his prophecy, he says the following: "Of the eight, only two shall return; one represents the path of Slayer and one the path of the warrior. This might have been different, but I have made my choice, and it is up to you to prove that I made the right one."

Right before he dies in While Guthix Sleeps he says that he still holds on to that choice. He could have survived but he didn't because of that choice. So what was that choice?[/hide]

And yes, I've heard of Darkmeyer, but I think that would involve the Drakan family instead of the Dragonkin.

Nice find!

Can you quote exactly what it says in the WGS quest log. About Jas (Jas Himself?) enslaving the Dragonkin.

And ya Hazelmere had the chance to escape with his Grand Tree tele thing (Just like in Path of Glouphire) from Lucien's slaughter, but choose not to.

Sorry if i'm a bit out of it, but who is Darkmeyer? :wall:

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

The exact quote is:

"I've seen a vision by touching the strange orb. It has communicated to me that it is 'The Stone of Jas', owned by Jas, and protected by creatures he has enslaved for the purpose - the Dragonkin. One of the first of the Fremmenik tribe touched the stone and it changed them drastically...this is how they became the Lunar mages"

Darkmeyer is supposed to be another city in Morytania as stated in the Leather Book, wich is found in the Paterdomus temple library.

priest_wiz.png

Drakan has been in Morytania since the Third Age, as stated in The Fall of Six, of wich the events took place in the Third Age

I have reread The Fall of Six and have found no mention of Drakan. Perhaps I missed something?

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Drakan has been in Morytania since the Third Age, as stated in The Fall of Six, of wich the events took place in the Third Age

I have reread The Fall of Six and have found no mention of Drakan. Perhaps I missed something?

I just reread it too and you are right. However it is stated that the events took place during the God Wars. I'm also pretty shure that Drakan got Morytania from Zamorak as a gift for his help in the betrayal of Zaros and that he got it right after that.

priest_wiz.png