Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

fogbo3.png

This is the centre of the fist of guthix cave, could this be where the stone once was? the markings on the ground look like the stones outer shell.

it's safe to speculate that saradomin got his hands on the stone at some point

the walls of FoG have saradominist markings on it

perhaps the FoG was where guthix once hit the stone and where saradomin found it

this is nowhere near the lunar isles so it's definitely not where V------ found it.

It's confirmed from Movario's notes that the Stone of Jas once resided there, and it's confirmed from Postbag from the Hedge that the Saradomin markings were carved by Saradominists attempting to make a temple out of the place. They were quickly chased away by Fiara, but managed to spraypaint their gang logo (or something to that effect) on the walls first.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every balance needs a counterbalance does indeed seem to refer directly to Guthix. It seems to taunt him. Its clear that the Dragonkin want the stone back. This becomes even more evident by the passage "Nothing can remain hidden forever; they are looking once more and, when it is found, the real masters of stability will reclaim the scales of Gielinor". Are the Dragonkin referring to Jas, a suspected elder-god? They use the plural "masters", perhaps they refer to ALL elder gods? Further evidence of the Dragonkin's connection to the Stone of Jas comes from, once again, Movario's notes.

instead of the "masters" bieng jas or the other eldergods. i think he means the dragonkin themsleves. after lucien took the stone from the place where guthix made sure that they couldn't find the stone. they began to feel the stone again. now they are actively searching for it again. after they've gained it, they'll probably try to make the world back into the place jas left for them to protect

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

First of all, this was a fascinating read and I congratulate you on your work in compiling and presenting this information! :thumbup:

The Dragonkin Castle

This is the castle where the Dragonkin are first seen. There is no indication of where this castle is, however similarities exist between it and Castle Drakan in Morytania.

Technically, this castle just happens to be south of the Temple of Light, north of Pyramid Plunder, west of Keldagrim, and far north of Waterbirth Dungeon. :twss: :twss:

Yes I know that doesn't help at all.

I don't even understand what you're trying to point out.

It was a joke :| Technically the cutscene area is located just next to Pyramid Plunder. The main point of my post is this is an amazing thread.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I think that the Drahonkin were enslaved by Jas to protect the Stone and likely Guthix continued this and they were the handlers of the Stone. Now that it has been stolen, they are free from this particular burden and go back to ruling and controlling the world as they were doing.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

fogbo3.png

This is the centre of the fist of guthix cave, could this be where the stone once was? the markings on the ground look like the stones outer shell.

That's cool, I never thought of that.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I think that the Drahonkin were enslaved by Jas to protect the Stone and likely Guthix continued this and they were the handlers of the Stone. Now that it has been stolen, they are free from this particular burden and go back to ruling and controlling the world as they were doing.

It is more plausible that Guthix has stolen the Stone from the Dragonkin, since the KBD speaks about counter-balances and therefore doesn't like Guthix very much.

It's DraGonkin BTW

priest_wiz.png

Well this was an interesting read,but there were few parts I disliked here...

1.I dont think the Dragonkin could just use Lucien like that (he is the most powerful being in Gielinor right now,isn't he?).I think they are both aware about eachother.

2.You made it seem like the Dragonkin are/were superior to all other races and beings in Gielinor (not only power-wise,but like they have constructed every stronghold in Runescape).Like the Soul's Bane rift. I really doubt it has anything to do with the Dragonkin.

I know Im gonna get flamed (with dragonfire) by some Dragonkin-lovers,but whatever :?

1.I dont think the Dragonkin could just use Lucien like that (he is the most powerful being in Gielinor right now,isn't he?).I think they are both aware about eachother.

2.You made it seem like the Dragonkin are/were superior to all other races and beings in Gielinor (not only power-wise,but like they have constructed every stronghold in Runescape).Like the Soul's Bane rift. I really doubt it has anything to do with the Dragonkin.

I know Im gonna get flamed (with dragonfire) by some Dragonkin-lovers,but whatever :?

Your HP lvl cannot withstand all that Dragonfire. I also feel the same about the Rift. It has more to do with Zaros in my opinion.

As I said before: so very little is known about the Dragonkin. We don't know what they can do, or have done. We don't know how strong they are and we don't know what influence they held before and will hold when they return, let alone the influence they have now that they are hiding/trapped/other.

I hope that the near future will shed some light upon the whole matter.

priest_wiz.png

I won't be flaming you today, but keep in mind that, as knowitall said, there is very little known about the dragonkin. This thread is heavily with speculation, and I tried my best to make it clear where there is no solid facts that support any speculation.

I do, however, think that the dragonkin ARE the most deadly race in RuneScape. While they may not be the most powerful, for example I think TzTok-Jad would win a one-on-one fight with a dragonkin, but when combined with the fact that they are a race and not an individual (unlike the God War Generals and other higher levels), along with the fact that they are intelligent, they pose a more serious threat than a single, stupid boss monster.

As for controlling Lucien, they don't do that with brute force, or with mind control or anything. They are like a snake in the grass: they know Lucien will do anything to keep the Stone of Jas in his control. The dragonkin will use this obsession to their advantage somehow. They'll wind up beating him with cunning rather than crossing blades.

As for controlling Lucien, they don't do that with brute force, or with mind control or anything. They are like a snake in the grass: they know Lucien will do anything to keep the Stone of Jas in his control. The dragonkin will use this obsession to their advantage somehow. They'll wind up beating him with cunning rather than crossing blades.

Cunningness seems like something the Dragonkin would do. I am also eager to find out, how the confrontation between Guthix and the Dragonkin went.

BTW: I am NOT misterknowitnot. That name doesn't match my ego. t's actually a friend of mine who wanted to make fun of me :|

I don't have a cb lvl 120+ account.

priest_wiz.png

Thanks, but I'd rather not kiss you; I'm a teetotaler!

Think about it...

A 100% British person?

I hope now that there are no BTS anymore, that JAGeX will put some quest hints in the Development Diaries.

Maybe they will even release quest-themed diaries before an important quest.

priest_wiz.png

Think about it...

A 100% British person?

I hope now that there are no BTS anymore, that JAGeX will put some quest hints in the Development Diaries.

The only thing is, how could they make a whole diary about a quest without revealing spoilers?

Think about it...

A 100% British person?

The only thing is, how could they make a whole diary about a quest without revealing spoilers?

Not, propably.

priest_wiz.png

Hey

First

great research, i loved to read it (Questnoob here)

Proberly somebody mention it before.

The Stone of Jas was seen in a Cutsceen long before While Guthix Sleeps.

in the Quest Meeting History, you see it while the son told you about runes, Guthix create them and gave them to the Ppl all over Runescape.

090222195201.png

PS : im not so good in english :P from Switzerland here.

Pire666

Sorry for Double Post but i found something new again :P

Dont know, maybe its new:P

[hide=]zeichen.png

dragonkinsymbol.jpg[/hide]

Not 100% similar, but this carpet is old and they change it since then.

Maybe :P

That is supposed to be Saradomin's symbol.

Since the Wise Old Man is a Saradomist, it makes sence that it is found there.

priest_wiz.png

Nice! I can tell you've put many hours into this.

This passage caught my eye

"Apparently the Dragon Implings found a stash of various dragon weapons and took it for themselves. They found them "deep down", perhaps in an underground Dragonkin armory, or even their actual castle? He said that the Dragonkin stir when the weapons are left for a long time, which could mean many things. When a large number of dragon weapons aren't being used, does that agitate the Dragonkin? Or does it merely wake them up so that they can put the weapons back in circulation? If the theory that the Dragonkin have a power-link to their dragon weapons is true, surely the Dragonkin would not want a stockpile of weapons going unused, that means less power for them!

I've been thinking...could it be possible that the Dragonkin use the dragon weapons to siphon power/energy from the damage the weapons deal? I think this would be a good reason for them to be given to various creatures. The fairies obviously could not have obtained these weapons unless the Dragonkin approved, and the Dragonimplings also carry them to be stolen. Because they can't die(perhaps this power is fueled by pain, damage, suffering, death?) it would be foolish to try to kill thinsg themselves, as they may die themselves. The anvil in the Ancient Caverns refuse any other metal other than dragon, so perhaps the anvils were used to add the effect? Although the Dragonkin seem to be magic users, it is unlikely they would create melee weapons for no reason. They may also have given them to their minions(they probably would have the power to use other fighters). They used dragons as bodyguards, but that meant that they most likely have used other minions.

I don't know. My two cents.

EDIT...

So, ive been thinking...

Perhaps, the Dragonkin when working for/with the forces of Guthix, were asked/forced to give dragon weapons to the Saradomin forces/Dragonkin minions. Now, those Icynes may have gotten corrupted, then becomming what they are now(its been a very long time). Icynes or what they had become were and continue to be in the land where Dragonkin were supposed to be. This ties Castle Draken, Draken, and the possible city under it in. Draken may have led to the Icyne corruption, since he caputred one. The arcitecture is similar. This also possibly explAins the similrity with the Saradomin symbol.

Another interesting thing is the examin option of the Saradomin Sword. It mentions the blade being of an Icyne. I believe this is very signuficant to the theory of Icynes mutating/being corrupt into the creatures in Mortania now.

The Mahajarrats also claim to have used dragon weapons. They may have been the Dragonkin's minions, which used dragon weapons. Zaros is tyed in with them, and he may have been the corruptor. INTERESTING enough, Bob, who turned out to be the animal killed when fighting a Dragonkin un the cut scene, us rumored to be Zaros or something associated with him.

Some crazy theories, tying things together. A little far fetched, but its possible.

Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes. I typed on a blackberry, and am too lazy to fix.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

[hide=]

Nice! I can tell you've put many hours into this.

This passage caught my eye

"Apparently the Dragon Implings found a stash of various dragon weapons and took it for themselves. They found them "deep down", perhaps in an underground Dragonkin armory, or even their actual castle? He said that the Dragonkin stir when the weapons are left for a long time, which could mean many things. When a large number of dragon weapons aren't being used, does that agitate the Dragonkin? Or does it merely wake them up so that they can put the weapons back in circulation? If the theory that the Dragonkin have a power-link to their dragon weapons is true, surely the Dragonkin would not want a stockpile of weapons going unused, that means less power for them!

I've been thinking...could it be possible that the Dragonkin use the dragon weapons to siphon power/energy from the damage the weapons deal? I think this would be a good reason for them to be given to various creatures. The fairies obviously could not have obtained these weapons unless the Dragonkin approved, and the Dragonimplings also carry them to be stolen. Because they can't die(perhaps this power is fueled by pain, damage, suffering, death?) it would be foolish to try to kill thinsg themselves, as they may die themselves. The anvil in the Ancient Caverns refuse any other metal other than dragon, so perhaps the anvils were used to add the effect? Although the Dragonkin seem to be magic users, it is unlikely they would create melee weapons for no reason. They may also have given them to their minions(they probably would have the power to use other fighters). They used dragons as bodyguards, but that meant that they most likely have used other minions.

I don't know. My two cents.

EDIT...

So, ive been thinking...

Perhaps, the Dragonkin when working for/with the forces of Guthix, were asked/forced to give dragon weapons to the Saradomin forces/Dragonkin minions. Now, those Icynes may have gotten corrupted, then becomming what they are now(its been a very long time). Icynes or what they had become were and continue to be in the land where Dragonkin were supposed to be. This ties Castle Draken, Draken, and the possible city under it in. Draken may have led to the Icyne corruption, since he caputred one. The arcitecture is similar. This also possibly explAins the similrity with the Saradomin symbol.

Another interesting thing is the examin option of the Saradomin Sword. It mentions the blade being of an Icyne. I believe this is very signuficant to the theory of Icynes mutating/being corrupt into the creatures in Mortania now.

The Mahajarrats also claim to have used dragon weapons. They may have been the Dragonkin's minions, which used dragon weapons. Zaros is tyed in with them, and he may have been the corruptor. INTERESTING enough, Bob, who turned out to be the animal killed when fighting a Dragonkin un the cut scene, us rumored to be Zaros or something associated with him.

Some crazy theories, tying things together. A little far fetched, but its possible.

Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes. I typed on a blackberry, and am too lazy to fix.

[/hide]

bob wasnt the animal killed in the dragonkin cutscene. he was robert the strong, who killed the dragon kin ;p

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I've been thinking...could it be possible that the Dragonkin use the dragon weapons to siphon power/energy from the damage the weapons deal? I think this would be a good reason for them to be given to various creatures. The fairies obviously could not have obtained these weapons unless the Dragonkin approved

The Fairy Rings are gateways to other planes, so I think that these Dragon weapons might have "accidentally" appeared in Zanaris, though your theory is interesting.

and the Dragonimplings also carry them to be stolen. Because they can't die(perhaps this power is fueled by pain, damage, suffering, death?) it would be foolish to try to kill thinsg themselves, as they may die themselves.

The Dragon Implings just stole the Dragon stuff, they don't carry it around to let adventurers steal it again. It is just a matter of misfortune (for them, not for us ;) )

The anvil in the Ancient Caverns refuse any other metal other than dragon, so perhaps the anvils were used to add the effect? Although the Dragonkin seem to be magic users, it is unlikely they would create melee weapons for no reason. They may also have given them to their minions(they probably would have the power to use other fighters). They used dragons as bodyguards, but that meant that they most likely have used other minions.

I have been thinking about what other minions than dragons the Dragonkin commanded. The questions that could be asked here: Did the Dragonkin made the Dragon weapons to arm their minions? Or to steal power from other beings? Or both?

Perhaps, the Dragonkin when working for/with the forces of Guthix, were asked/forced to give dragon weapons to the Saradomin forces/Dragonkin minions.

Out of the quotes from the other dragons and KBD from the postbags, it is more likely that the Dragonkin and Guthix have been, and still are, enemies.

Guthix also mentioned in the God Letters that Zamorak brought beings from Freneskae, who were armed with Dragon equipment.

Now, those Icynes may have gotten corrupted, then becomming what they are now(its been a very long time). Icynes or what they had become were and continue to be in the land where Dragonkin were supposed to be. This ties Castle Draken, Draken, and the possible city under it in. Draken may have led to the Icyne corruption, since he caputred one. The arcitecture is similar. This also possibly explAins the similrity with the Saradomin symbol.

I'm not sure if the Dragonkin, and the (possible) corruption of the Icyenes into Vyrewatch, are connected. I think only Drakan has had a hand in this.

Another interesting thing is the examin option of the Saradomin Sword. It mentions the blade being of an Icyne.

Maybe because Commander Zilyana is an (assumed) Icyene :roll: .

The Mahajarrats also claim to have used dragon weapons. They may have been the Dragonkin's minions, which used dragon weapons. Zaros is tyed in with them, and he may have been the corruptor.

Maybe. Also interesting theory.

INTERESTING enough, Bob, who turned out to be the animal killed when fighting a Dragonkin un the cut scene, us rumored to be Zaros or something associated with him.

As Walka said, Robert killed the Dragonkin. It remains unknown what happened to Robert the Strong after this event.

Several interesting theories, wich all return to my statement:

The Dragonkin are behind everything! Beware!

priest_wiz.png