Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

Another interesting thing is the examin option of the Saradomin Sword. It mentions the blade being of an Icyne.

Maybe because Commander Zilyana is an (assumed) Icyene :roll:

I wouldn't say "assumed" icyene. It's pretty well-confirmed.

Zilyana.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, this is an outstanding article. A lot of references are in... hopefully there are still some (for me to find :shock:)

Onto the criticism then. The Stone of Jas, also called the Fist of Guthix has a fascinating history, having many owners; some using it to have power, others keeping it away from the greedy.

Then, why would I have such a special interest in its history? In your conclusion, there is no mention of Saradomin's ownership over the stone. Wizard Elriss in the Runecrafting Guild, however mentions texts speaking of an artefact called the Eye of Saradomin .

Secondly, a book called "The Sleeping Seven" is only briefly quoted by Hippodo. And it doesn't have to be quoted further. What I'm interested in the book is the usage of a term 'his-dark-self'. It is clear that 'his-dark-self' is Lord Drakan, but why is such a term used of him? Who is 'he', if Drakan is just the bad side?

Signatures are overrated.

[hide=confirmation]

Another interesting thing is the examin option of the Saradomin Sword. It mentions the blade being of an Icyne.

Maybe because Commander Zilyana is an (assumed) Icyene :roll:

I wouldn't say "assumed" icyene. It's pretty well-confirmed.

Zilyana.png

[/hide]

Confirmation is always nice. What AoG isn't good for.

Onto the criticism then. The Stone of Jas, also called the Fist of Guthix has a fascinating history, having many owners; some using it to have power, others keeping it away from the greedy.

Then, why would I have such a special interest in its history? In your conclusion, there is no mention of Saradomin's ownership over the stone. Wizard Elriss in the Runecrafting Guild, however mentions texts speaking of an artefact called the Eye of Saradomin .

Zamorak seems to have possesed the Stone at a certain point too. I think that it's left out of the conclusion because it remains unclear what the other Gods have done with the power of the Stone (It's still mentioned in the full article, so I don't know why you are complaining).

priest_wiz.png

First, this is an outstanding article. A lot of references are in... hopefully there are still some (for me to find :shock:)

Secondly, a book called "The Sleeping Seven" is only briefly quoted by Hippodo. And it doesn't have to be quoted further. What I'm interested in the book is the usage of a term 'his-dark-self'. It is clear that 'his-dark-self' is Lord Drakan, but why is such a term used of him? Who is 'he', if Drakan is just the bad side?

Movario claims all the 3 things:Stone of Jas, Fist of Guthix and the Eye of Saradomin to be the same thing, found in WGS.

So if a King is being adressed by slaves with His Majesty then whose higher majesty is it? It's clear You aren't English,it's plainly language thing. At least I hope so, I'm neither one ;)

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... We wondered why were the researches in underground lab closed. Perhaps it was Stone of jas's presence which caused them to? If the Stone was there, it's very likely they found it, yet why would they be afraid of it I don't know...

Some fear of Dragonkin?

I think Movario was drawn to Morytania by the Blood Altar, which has similar energies to the Stone of Jas.

This Wizard Elriss will probably be important in the future once the Soul Altar is revealed, as then it will be possible to find the Stone as with it, Lucien.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

I think Movario was drawn to Morytania by the Blood Altar, which has similar energies to the Stone of Jas.

This Wizard Elriss will probably be important in the future once the Soul Altar is revealed, as then it will be possible to find the Stone as with it, Lucien.

That is a good point, the altars are supposedly chunks of the Stone of Jas, or at least infused with its power. I hadn't considered that the presence he sensed was just the blood altar, and its a pretty big blow to the theory that the Dragonkin are directly related to Morytania.

I think through the moonclan records, we can surmise that the altars and the rune essence are basically altered stone (through contact with the stone of Jas) that now possesses the property of storing magical force, which may or may not be what they refer to anima mundi, and that each altar took on the elemental properties of where they happened to be. Since the stone of Jas contains the ability to alter and control this force (at least to the effect of being able to reshape matter and transfer energy), I'm fairly sure that magic and anima mundi have a lot in common.

On a separate but related topic, why is the name of the owner of the stone of Jas different for every person who does the quest? I have this crazy theory that at some point in time, it may have been ourselves, but due to some sort of series of events we lost it or sealed it away, and were sent to tutorial island with no memory or knowledge or powers, where at that point the player begins the game. I mean, the thing just happened to be buried right underneath Lumbridge for like, several ages. Seems a bit too convenient. But that's just me.

Anyway, when Lucien finally gets around to using it, we are so [bleep]ed.

8f14270694.jpg

I think through the moonclan records, we can surmise that the altars and the rune essence are basically altered stone (through contact with the stone of Jas) that now possesses the property of storing magical force, which may or may not be what they refer to anima mundi, and that each altar took on the elemental properties of where they happened to be. Since the stone of Jas contains the ability to alter and control this force (at least to the effect of being able to reshape matter and transfer energy), I'm fairly sure that magic and anima mundi have a lot in common.

On a separate but related topic, why is the name of the owner of the stone of Jas different for every person who does the quest? I have this crazy theory that at some point in time, it may have been ourselves, but due to some sort of series of events we lost it or sealed it away, and were sent to tutorial island with no memory or knowledge or powers, where at that point the player begins the game. I mean, the thing just happened to be buried right underneath Lumbridge for like, several ages. Seems a bit too convenient. But that's just me.

Anyway, when Lucien finally gets around to using it, we are so [bleep].

If Jagex ever goes back to the new tutorial where we apparently just wake up in a Lumbridge cellar where a two headed dragon just so happens to be then this could link our characters as an original guardian of the Stone, it's funny that we wake up with no memory of what happened before and in a relatively close spot to where the stone is hidden.

Didn't the balance elemental also talk to us as if it knew us. And there's also the thing that Hazelmere and I think even Juna mentions we work for Guthix? Ohhhh more speculation beginith!

Dark_Jab.png

Anyway, when Lucien finally gets around to using it, we are so [bleep].

If Jagex ever goes back to the new tutorial where we apparently just wake up in a Lumbridge cellar where a two headed dragon just so happens to be then this could link our characters as an original guardian of the Stone, it's funny that we wake up with no memory of what happened before and in a relatively close spot to where the stone is hidden.

Didn't the balance elemental also talk to us as if it knew us. And there's also the thing that Hazelmere and I think even Juna mentions we work for Guthix? Ohhhh more speculation beginith!

That's actually a pretty good theory. I hadn't thought of it but it would certainly explain a lot. Like just what the devil our characters were doing from when they were born until they did the tutorial.

That is a good point, the altars are supposedly chunks of the Stone of Jas, or at least infused with its power. I hadn't considered that the presence he sensed was just the blood altar, and its a pretty big blow to the theory that the Dragonkin are directly related to Morytania.

dang:/ hoped it was source of ivandis's power;) anyway, if altars are linked to it then we got Astral and Blood Altar; where else has he been? Location of Soul One, possibly? Note it is likely to appear this year as they release one per year;)

It is likely that the soul altar is related to the next step in the plot, but as always, we can never be too sure. I get the slight feeling that it's somewhere in the elven lands.

As for memory wipes and stuff, I got the notion from what happened to Juna, and whatever the heck that thing is at the Fist of Guthix. Heck, even the balance elemental doesn't seem right....it feels like it used to be someone else, but Guthix turned him into the stone's guardian. It seems like almost anything that came into direct contact with the Stone of Jas back in the day either doesn't remember anything about it, or is dead. If the same thing happened to us, I'm glad that I'm not some sort of large blowfish or whatever. As for Guthix....I think he did all this to try to hide the stone, but I don't think he did a very good job of it. It should be hurled into space, or perhaps into the ocean, or destroyed, or anything to keep that kind of power out of the hands of mortals, but perhaps there's a reason why he didn't do that.

8f14270694.jpg

It is likely that the soul altar is related to the next step in the plot, but as always, we can never be too sure. I get the slight feeling that it's somewhere in the elven lands.

As for memory wipes and stuff, I got the notion from what happened to Juna, and whatever the heck that thing is at the Fist of Guthix. Heck, even the balance elemental doesn't seem right....it feels like it used to be someone else, but Guthix turned him into the stone's guardian. It seems like almost anything that came into direct contact with the Stone of Jas back in the day either doesn't remember anything about it, or is dead. If the same thing happened to us, I'm glad that I'm not some sort of large blowfish or whatever. As for Guthix....I think he did all this to try to hide the stone, but I don't think he did a very good job of it. It should be hurled into space, or perhaps into the ocean, or destroyed, or anything to keep that kind of power out of the hands of mortals, but perhaps there's a reason why he didn't do that.

Guthix isn't an idiot. He probably could have brought the Stone with him to the god realm or wherever he is now, but he didn't. I agree with you that there's some reason he didn't hide it better. Maybe...

ackbar.jpg

...and Guthix was just waiting for someone power-hungry and stupid enough (Lucien) to take it!

The problem with this is that Movario didn't talk about the other runecrafting altars. Surely he would have at least found and mentioned the ones in Misthalin, Asgarnia, Kandarin, and the Wilderness. Why is the blood altar special?

soul one won't be in Morytania - too close to blood. Every altar is in different part of the world, not counting very closely related body and mind. We've got elven and morytania ones - but there remains the desert, with uncovered caverns in Ullek, the first Gielinorian home of the Mahjarrat.

soul one won't be in Morytania - too close to blood. Every altar is in different part of the world, not counting very closely related body and mind. We've got elven and morytania ones - but there remains the desert, with uncovered caverns in Ullek, the first Gielinorian home of the Mahjarrat.

Nobody ever said Ullek was the home of the Mahjarrat :?

priest_wiz.png

I meant desert was their home, with Ullek being close to cities worshipping Icthlarin, who brought them there. I still believe Soul Altar will appear here.

With the latest quest's release, I'm more and more thinking that for the defeat of Lucien, we won't need entirely good chaps like we used in WGS. We are, according to the prophecy of Hazelmere, followers of Guthix, this leads me to the belief that we also need soms "bad guys" in Crux Equal to defeat Lucien.

Look at the Ritual: one of the Mahjarrat will be killed, I'm pretty sure some will unite to stop a slaughter on their side (AKA Zarosian side, Zamorakian side or maybe a Lucien side). Jhallan for exemple is someone who could fit for this, as he owes us his new place to undergo the Rejuvinating Ritual. But also think of Azzandra, he's (kind of) friendly towards us and he hates Lucien and Zamorakian Mahjarrats. Hazeel might help some of us too, because some of use helped reviving him. Finaly, there is Enakthos (I think), who also seems to appreciate us.

This all makes me really think that some nice quests are still to be seen. :P

I meant desert was their home, with Ullek being close to cities worshipping Icthlarin, who brought them there. I still believe Soul Altar will appear here.

If you put it that way.

Also, here is the conversation about WGS for Tears of Guthix:

WGS.jpg

priest_wiz.png

They said the latest quest was the first in a new series. I personally will be calling in "The Ritual" series and towards the end of this chain, many quests, as well as the other Mahjarrat will tie into it.

Once all of this is done, and the Mahjarrat are likely sent back to whatever it is they do when we're not interfering, the Dragonkin will rise as the next gravest threat we will have to work against.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

With the latest quest's release, I'm more and more thinking that for the defeat of Lucien, we won't need entirely good chaps like we used in WGS. We are, according to the prophecy of Hazelmere, followers of Guthix, this leads me to the belief that we also need soms "bad guys" in Crux Equal to defeat Lucien.

Look at the Ritual: one of the Mahjarrat will be killed, I'm pretty sure some will unite to stop a slaughter on their side (AKA Zarosian side, Zamorakian side or maybe a Lucien side). Jhallan for exemple is someone who could fit for this, as he owes us his new place to undergo the Rejuvinating Ritual. But also think of Azzandra, he's (kind of) friendly towards us and he hates Lucien and Zamorakian Mahjarrats. Hazeel might help some of us too, because some of use helped reviving him. Finaly, there is Enakthos (I think), who also seems to appreciate us.

This all makes me really think that some nice quests are still to be seen. :P

Don't forget Ghost Rider.

I think you're forgetting that during the quest, Jhallan basically said that the Mahjarrats must fight eachother to survive. Looking at it from this way, they might not be entirely opposed to enemy forces killing their fellows for them. It sounds a bit like Highlander...

Also, during the quest, Jhallan implies that Mahjarrat aren't skeletal at full power.

As for Hazelmere and his prophecies, I'm quite unliking that they're not really giving us a choice about which side we support. For such big, ground-breaking quests, we shouldn't be so limited....

Maybe somewhere in all this the Shadow Sword will be upgraded to a respectable weapon... Or maybe the Blood, or Ice Sword.

If we have to one day fight the Dragonkin, or even a fully-powered Mahjarrat, I hope it's a huge team quest.

[hide=Looky!]2wq5xk8.png[/hide]

2dgucz6.png

Well, giving us a choice in the masterquest would lead to too many development. If Lucien for example wins because we *suddenly* become loyal to him, then the whole world will change I think, races as elves, gnomes, humans etc will be slaves and so every scenery should be changed. :P

Whether we help him or not, Lucien's personality is such that I think he'd try to kill us in the end, so we'd have to kill him in self-defense. I certainly do not see him as above double-crossing. So whether we help him or not, the end would be the same.