Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

Maybe Drakan is actually related to the dragonkin, like scarbaras (a physical manifestation of a dream they had while they had the stone of Jas of summin).

Random guess lol. ::'

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drakan has been in Morytania since the Third Age, as stated in The Fall of Six, of wich the events took place in the Third Age

I have reread The Fall of Six and have found no mention of Drakan. Perhaps I missed something?

I just reread it too and you are right. However it is stated that the events took place during the God Wars. I'm also pretty shure that Drakan got Morytania from Zamorak as a gift for his help in the betrayal of Zaros and that he got it right after that.

Where does it say that though? I mean I believe you but I would like to look over that information myself.

Also since both the history on the Runescape website and the Varrock Musuem link Robert the Strong to the 4th age, what evidience is there to support that it was earlier?

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Drakan has been in Morytania since the Third Age, as stated in The Fall of Six, of wich the events took place in the Third Age

I have reread The Fall of Six and have found no mention of Drakan. Perhaps I missed something?

I just reread it too and you are right. However it is stated that the events took place during the God Wars. I'm also pretty shure that Drakan got Morytania from Zamorak as a gift for his help in the betrayal of Zaros and that he got it right after that.

Where does it say that though? I mean I believe you but I would like to look over that information myself.

Also since both the history on the Runescape website and the Varrock Musuem link Robert the Strong to the 4th age, what evidience is there to support that it was earlier?

I got my information from the runescape wikipedia. Not shure where they got it from though.

Appereantly it was stated somewhere in A Tail of Two Cats, that Robert the Strong lived in the First Age. This might have been changed by Jagex, or a mistake on this topic so we need a recent transcript from that quest to be absolutely certain of that.

priest_wiz.png

According to the information I found regarding Robert the Strong found here, it seems that Runescape Wiki supports the 4th age time frame for Robert the Strong as well. Now Runescape Wiki is not authoritative by any means but all sources I can find support a 4th age for Robert the Strong.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

The exact quote is:

"I've seen a vision by touching the strange orb. It has communicated to me that it is 'The Stone of Jas', owned by Jas, and protected by creatures he has enslaved for the purpose - the Dragonkin. One of the first of the Fremmenik tribe touched the stone and it changed them drastically...this is how they became the Lunar mages"

Hmm, perhaps I shall have a talk with Baba Yaga.

Here's what I remember of her story before giving me Ourania Teleport: That the Lunars discovered the ability to create rune stones from altars. However the Fremmenik did not approve, and attacked their Lunar kin, destroyed their runes, and destroyed the links to the altars. However, the Lunars took what they had left of the knowledge and retreated to Lunar isle.

It' possible the Dragonkin had a stronghold in Morytania which became known later as Castle Drakan. We know they're very old race and could've been here b4 Queen Efaritay. This was just not the stronghold shown in Tail of two Cats, as Castle Drakan already had this name in the 4th Age.

Anybody noticed this was #147 quest and didn't have the deepest storyline, as Jagex stated? Perhaps a continuation in quest of February? ;)

Drakan took the lands of Hallowvale in the 3rd Age. He has kept it since so it would seem.

Robert the Strong fought the DragonKin in the 4th Age. The dream of Bob the Cat looks as though it takes place in a castle much like that of Castle Drakan but as Drakan would have already been living there, it is unlikely that it was the Castle... unless there are more ties between Drakan and the Dragonkin.

After all Drakan and Dragonkin are similar

Dragonkin

Dra---k-n

Drakan

although I am sure that means nothing.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I think the Dragonkins castle is most likely to be in the NE Wilderness. The spirit realm up there shows their symbols, and yes it doesnt look like the cut scene one...

But.. Who is to say that the castle hasn't sort of fallen into the sea? We can only see what looks like one corner on the map. I can easily imagine that being x4 to make a square/whatever in the past.

asrhasrh.jpg

Wow, this thread is huge lol. Great work :thumbsup:.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Some very interesting ideas have been brought up in the last page and a half that made me reconsider my theories. First of all...

According to an offical history of the world of runescape found here, Robert the Strong as well as Arrav can be traced back to the Forth Age not the first or second. Not sure what that means exactly but it would seem that Robert the Strong lived less than 2000 years ago, a time when the Kin have seemingly done very little. If the Kin also lived in Castle Drakan, where I suppose the scene of Robert the Strong and his cat fight the Kin, then it may have been during the 4th Age.

What evidence do we have as to how long the Vampires have lived in Castle Drakan?

Is it possible that the castle we see the fight occur in may have been another caslte found elsewhere, even the wildy one perhaps?

But most importantly, what evidence supports your idea that Robert was from so long ago, as it refutes both the historical records above as well as the Varrock Museum?

Anyway maybe that has been said but it seemed to me that you placed Robert the Strong much earlier than he should have been.

That's an excellent find. I did not realize that there were 2 sources that placed Robert the Strong in the 4th age. I believed that the only source connecting him to that time period was the museum exhibit, as such I chose to believe the original history placing him in the 1st age. I'll change that in the thread and credit you for clearing that whole mess up!

I have found something after reading through the quest log from While Guthix Sleeps after doing the quest.

It says that Jas enslaved the Dragonkin to guard the Stone of Jas.

Also something concerning Hazelmere (spoiler warning):

[hide=]At the end of Path of Glouphrie, during his prophecy, he says the following: "Of the eight, only two shall return; one represents the path of Slayer and one the path of the warrior. This might have been different, but I have made my choice, and it is up to you to prove that I made the right one."

Right before he dies in While Guthix Sleeps he says that he still holds on to that choice. He could have survived but he didn't because of that choice. So what was that choice?[/hide]

And yes, I've heard of Darkmeyer, but I think that would involve the Drakan family instead of the Dragonkin.

First of all, the image you saw of Hazelmere holding the seed pod during While Guthix Sleeps was a flashback to when he used its last charge to save your life in Path of Glouphrie. He chose to use that pod to save you then, and as such he could not use it to save his own life now. That was his choice.

Secondly, that find in the quest guide is terrific! I for one never read those... so I would never have found that piece of information! That was very clever of Jagex to hide something like that in the quest journal, but you caught them! Great job =D>

Lastly, you don't need to hide quest spoilers anymore, its been more than a week.

I think the Dragonkins castle is most likely to be in the NE Wilderness. The spirit realm up there shows their symbols, and yes it doesnt look like the cut scene one...

But.. Who is to say that the castle hasn't sort of fallen into the sea? We can only see what looks like one corner on the map. I can easily imagine that being x4 to make a square/whatever in the past.

That is an interesting idea I had not considered; yet it seems very plausible since the castle is so close to the water. I'll add it to the main post.

First of all, I've never thought so much into Runescape and the amazing depth that can be envisioned as to it's storyline, not only from a quest standpoint but the basis of Runescape itself. Lovely post and I had an immense amount of fun reading it.

I didn't read ALL the posts on this thread. I read to about page 5 and a couple pages from the end. So if this has already been mentioned, I'm sorry, but I find it intriguing.

First of all, perhaps Lucien is somehow working FOR the Dragonkin? They have struck a deal that if he safely returns the Stone to them they will grant him at least semi-godhood or something more possibly. It's a far fetched theory, seeing as how he is massing this army and seeking more power, but it seems that the most far fetched guess isn't really too far from possible with Jagex. Just a thought for expansion and elaboration!

On to the main reason for my post. In the north-west corner of the Saradomin Boss Room, if you are in HD, and turn your map so that north is down, you can see a door with all 4 god symbols engraved. This struck me as odd, because as far as I know, there is no way to access this door. I could be wrong and my whole post for naught, but I'll have a go anyway :P I have cropped and uploaded a screenshot of said door, for use as the author of the thread sees fit.

2z5m49l.png

Perhaps this door relates somehow to the seemingly pending 2nd God Wars. The 2nd war will involve more than it did the first time. If we disregard my first thought in my post, Lucien can be added into the mix as a separate entity in this battle! Bandos, Armadyl, Saradomin, and Zamorak were the only ones involved last time. Now we have Lucien, the Dragonkin, and Humans. Perhaps even the Vyrewatch will be brought into the fight by the Kins, if Meiyerditch is indeed where they currently reside. What part will Guthix play this time? Will the other gods even be a part of this war? Will they break free from the god realm to help whichever team best supports their cause?

Perhaps this door is a key to the puzzle. I'm not sure how we can tie the Dragonkin to this door, but their ties to the wars in the past and the war that is inevitable in the future mean it must somehow relate to them or in some future happening. Perhaps behind this door, there is a way into the "God Realm" that no mere mortal can traverse. Perhaps some special artifact can open this door, releasing the gods from their captivity. Some special "stone" [insert dramatic pause for effect], maybe the Stone of Jas!

Or, maybe we're all just crazy and everyone is going to bond together to bring Lucien down. Then we all live happily ever after ;) lol.

I have found something after reading through the quest log from While Guthix Sleeps after doing the quest.

It says that Jas enslaved the Dragonkin to guard the Stone of Jas.

Also something concerning Hazelmere (spoiler warning):

[hide=]At the end of Path of Glouphrie, during his prophecy, he says the following: "Of the eight, only two shall return; one represents the path of Slayer and one the path of the warrior. This might have been different, but I have made my choice, and it is up to you to prove that I made the right one."

Right before he dies in While Guthix Sleeps he says that he still holds on to that choice. He could have survived but he didn't because of that choice. So what was that choice?[/hide]

And yes, I've heard of Darkmeyer, but I think that would involve the Drakan family instead of the Dragonkin.

First of all, the image you saw of Hazelmere holding the seed pod during While Guthix Sleeps was a flashback to when he used its last charge to save your life in Path of Glouphrie. He chose to use that pod to save you then, and as such he could not use it to save his own life now. That was his choice.

Secondly, that find in the quest guide is terrific! I for one never read those... so I would never have found that piece of information! That was very clever of Jagex to hide something like that in the quest journal, but you caught them! Great job =D>

I beat the system!

That about Hazelmere makes all perfect and logic sence to me now. Thanks for cleering that up.

You might want to add the name of the first human who found the Stone somewhere in your thread. His name was Vudisor.

priest_wiz.png

Well dragonkinsymboltg1.th.png

That image might be pretty important (click on it to enlarge):

I've always wondered why you could do something "special" in each spirit area - except for 1 place.. North-east-wildy-ruins: there was just that strange marking.. I tried a lot of things there, but nothing happened at all!

Wouldn't be surprised if this place is going to play a very important role in the future! (and it seems like jagex have planned this already since summer's end)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

On to the main reason for my post. In the north-west corner of the Saradomin Boss Room, if you are in HD, and turn your map so that north is down, you can see a door with all 4 god symbols engraved. This struck me as odd, because as far as I know, there is no way to access this door. I could be wrong and my whole post for naught, but I'll have a go anyway :P I have cropped and uploaded a screenshot of said door, for use as the author of the thread sees fit.

Perhaps this door relates somehow to the seemingly pending 2nd God Wars. The 2nd war will involve more than it did the first time. If we disregard my first thought in my post, Lucien can be added into the mix as a separate entity in this battle! Bandos, Armadyl, Saradomin, and Zamorak were the only ones involved last time. Now we have Lucien, the Dragonkin, and Humans. Perhaps even the Vyrewatch will be brought into the fight by the Kins, if Meiyerditch is indeed where they currently reside. What part will Guthix play this time? Will the other gods even be a part of this war? Will they break free from the god realm to help whichever team best supports their cause?

Perhaps this door is a key to the puzzle. I'm not sure how we can tie the Dragonkin to this door, but their ties to the wars in the past and the war that is inevitable in the future mean it must somehow relate to them or in some future happening. Perhaps behind this door, there is a way into the "God Realm" that no mere mortal can traverse. Perhaps some special artifact can open this door, releasing the gods from their captivity. Some special "stone" [insert dramatic pause for effect], maybe the Stone of Jas!

Or, maybe we're all just crazy and everyone is going to bond together to bring Lucien down. Then we all live happily ever after ;) lol.

Unless there are TWO of those doors, that door IS accessible. You can reach it by going into the south part of the God Wars Dungeon, a little bit east of the entrance to Armadyl's Eyrie. It is an intriguing mystery, yet likely not related to the Dragonkin. Your theory that the door leads to the god realm is the first such theory I've heard, and its a very good one if I do say so myself!

Well dragonkinsymboltg1.th.png

That image might be pretty important (click on it to enlarge):

I've always wondered why you could do something "special" in each spirit area - except for 1 place.. North-east-wildy-ruins: there was just that strange marking.. I tried a lot of things there, but nothing happened at all!

Wouldn't be surprised if this place is going to play a very important role in the future! (and it seems like jagex have planned this already since summer's end)

While I appreciate the find, it has already been found. The symbol you see has been confirmed as the Dragonkin's symbol, this was discovered by very ingenious TIF users weeks before the confirmation.

P.S. I've just updated the main post with new information, highlighted in cyan

I knew it had already been found: just a confirmation (+ saying that I think there will be an additional feature to that place...)..

But I'm wondering: since when is that symbol known for dragonkin?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I knew it had already been found: just a confirmation (+ saying that I think there will be an additional feature to that place...)..

But I'm wondering: since when is that symbol known for dragonkin?

All the evidence is posted in the first post, under the "Basic Information" section, subsection "The Dragonkin Symbol"

Danm Jagex knows how to make things intersting.

DANM GOOD THREAD =D>

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Unless there are TWO of those doors, that door IS accessible. You can reach it by going into the south part of the God Wars Dungeon, a little bit east of the entrance to Armadyl's Eyrie. It is an intriguing mystery, yet likely not related to the Dragonkin. Your theory that the door leads to the god realm is the first such theory I've heard, and its a very good one if I do say so myself!

Ah, I never tried to gain access to that door. Well so much for adding a new piece to the puzzle eh? :(

I do still believe that a 2nd God War battle is inevitable, and it is quite the shocker to think of who all can be involved. If the Kin are part of the Mahjarrats, as some have suggested, isn't Lucien as well? Therefore my theory of them actually working together isn't too far fetched after all?

Perhaps Guthix taking the stone from the Kin was intentional, not unknowing, because he KNEW they were wrong in abusing their power it gave them, when they were supposed to be protecting it. I'm not a great historian kinda person, so I really don't know if I'm rambling or making any sense whatsoever, just bear with me.

However, as far as the door leading the the god realm, shall/can we elaborate on this a bit? Are there any further ideas? It does make since if Guthix awoke to the God Wars and banished all the gods, if this was where the war WAS taking place, the seal of the realm would be near/in this area. Is the Stone the secret to unlocking it? Is it something else? The symbols on the door can mean not much else in my opinion. There is no other way all of them would be in the same place, agreeably. They each fought for so many different causes, they couldn't get along. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Many people were hoping to meet Guthix in the new quest. Perhaps after all is said and done and the Kin and/or Lucien (whoever is on the bad side) are defeated, perhaps then Guthix will allow someone to open the door and release them? Perhaps ONE day we might meet the gods?

I'm certainly an amateur at this kind of speculation and historical debates, much more so about an online game, but this has certainly intrigued me and made me realize that the whole of Runescape is a lot more than we think. It's not solely about making money, skilling, or questing. The whole concept of our little world is built in between the lines and it's actually quite amazing how the minds of the Jagex crew work.

I hope I've added even a small amount of spice or thought invoking dialogue with my pitiful attempt at trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about :lol:

A small change in thinking made me post again...

When I posted previously I spoke of the God door being the entrance to the God Realm. I think, with a simple twisting of words, it should be that instead, that door is the entrance to OUR realm. Essentially the same thing, but not quite. I was thinking of it as it is to US ... THE entrance to the God Realm, but it isn't! It's THE entrance to our own.

Whatever lies behind that door, if it does indeed lead to or IS the God Realm, it is one of many entrances into that God Realm. The door which we see is the ONLY entrance to OUR realm, and the God Realm is composed of many more of these doors, all to different realms. OURS being the one they are not to return to. Our door being unique, not the other way around.

Perhaps, on the other "doorways" since the Gods might travel freely through them, there is no 4 symbol door, merely an entryway. The door we see is the SEAL, BARRING the Gods from coming back.

Not really much of an addition, but a completely different way to look at it, without changing much about the original statement. This was brought on by reading a previous post of our beloved historian, Hippodo in which he states:

... but one thing just came into my mind: Guthix doesn't allow any God to be on Runescape, they all have to stay in the God Realm (maybe they can move between realms, but just not Gielenor) ...

God forgive me, but a long hot bath is good for the thinking cap.

I'm determined to find a connection between the Dragonkin and this door even though I have no proof and it's all based solely on my imagination. But at least then I will feel that my posts haven't been a complete waste of space lol.

I can think of 3 scenarios right now. Assuming the Kin are evil (there have been hypotheses otherwise on this thread).

1) The door is completely unrelated to the Kin.

2) The door is in fact the doorway to the God Realm, but Guthix will only open it once the Kin have been defeated. In which case there would be hopes that the gods have sorted out their differences in their time of captivity and can all be happy again. Which would then altar the state of the GWD, and basically ... this idea is out of the question I know.

3) It is not the God Realm behind that door but an item of who knows what. The Kin, can take out Lucien when they retrieve the Stone. After that, when the Kin threaten everything we know and bring on their "Reign of Terror", Guthix temporarily allows the gods out of their realm. Upon the symbols on the door, they must all place their "seal" of some sort. Only with all 4 seals in place will the door open. Inside, the only thing to defeat the Kin, even while they wield the Stone of Jas, will be found.

I know, I'm grasping at straws, but it's kinda fun to make up your own ending to the game.

I suppose I should have just edited these last two posts into the first, but it was already fairly large, and it was a long time in between posts so I didn't think about it. Sorry about that. I'll do it in the future. :oops:

about the markings in the spirit realm: in the spirit realm everything is the polar opposite of the actions taken in the normal wilderness, just like when you killed the spirit beast there it arose at this end. thus, for those symbols to have appear in the spirit realm version of the castle, someone must have removed them from the building after the spirit realm was created; just before the 2nd godwars (yes there where 2, the war against zaros, but this war was mostly at a stall and isn't see much conflict after zaros conquered all the lands he had when defeated and the godwar where bandos, armadyl, zamorak and saradomin fought over the staff, the sword and possibly more powerful god-weapons of that kind) when the land wasn't scarred and wasted by war thus being a good place for summer's family to settle

@Daynuh:

it has been speculated that behind that door is the true godsword, or at least the correct hilt. the godweapons could devaste whole armies in 1 swoop. the current "godsword" is powerful but not nearly as powerful it should be, the godsword being a god-weapon like the staff of armadyl

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

@Daynuh:

it has been speculated that behind that door is the true godsword, or at least the correct hilt. the godweapons could devaste whole armies in 1 swoop. the current "godsword" is powerful but not nearly as powerful it should be, the godsword being a god-weapon like the staff of armadyl

In which case my scenario 3 isn't too far off the mark, eh? Guthix is waiting until he has no choice but to open that door and release the one thing which can bring the Kin and/or Lucien's reign to a close.

Gosh I'm starting to really love this game, simply based on all that I'm learning! It was always just a game I skilled in and boss hunted to make money ... not it's becoming so much more in my mind.

I think the fortress in Tiranwynn has to play in here, somehow.

While I agree that the Dragonkin fortress is in Northeast Wildy, perhaps some opposing force is locked in Tiranwynn. This massive, hidden Crystal Palace is clearly guarding some secrets closely held by the elves, a race which is completely secluded and inaccessible to most.

Nowhere is there more abundant life, greener grass, or a more harmonious existence between flora and fauna. What could they be protecting in those castle walls, the furthest possible geographic distance from that NorthWest Wilderness?

I think that Guthix Himself lies in the Crystal Palace, hidden furthest from the Dragonkin. Does anyone have any pictures from outside their palace?

stormveritas.png

At first, we have the Edicts of Guthix - 2nd God Wars would cause Guthix to destroy the world and say goodbye to our game=p

Secondly, MEP2 and Summer's End listed in quest requirements aren't used at all in the quest. perhaps any ties here in sequel?