Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Jowah
[ Display Name History ]

Jowah

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

I pity people whose favourite skills are firemaking, cooking and fletching. :wall:

Lol Fletching is my favorite and thats why I got 99 :D

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

DreamReaper
[ Display Name History ]

DreamReaper

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • RSN:meow544
I'm not going to question your logic on doing this, and no one else should either. Everyone does what they do for a reason. Sometimes even they don't understand that reason. That's fine. Just so long as you remember that it was your choice to do that. Not the choice of anyone else.

If someone is going to insult you because you made a different choice than them, just ignore them. People will be overly-critical about anything and everything. Don't get involved in their self-esteem issues or jealousy and make them turn into one of those people that goes on school-shootings. It's not worth it.

Do whatever you want. No one, not even whatever higher power you might believe in has the right to question your decisions about yourself.
Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

Slayer stops getting any more bonuses at level 90. But people still get 99 slayer. Why? for the cape. So i quess slayer is a "noob cape" too? Herblaw stops at level 82. So the only reason of getting 99 herblaw is for the cape? I guess herblaw is a "noob cape" too. Crafting is level 90. So getting 99 crafting for the cape makes it a noob one? Farming at level 85. So getting 99 farming for the cape makes it a noob cape? I could go on...

Also some may say they "enjoy" that particular skill. Slayer, i understand. Herblaw? Would anyone in their right mind enjoy losing millions of GP to make potions for hours? Crafting. Have fun using a needle on thousands of pieces of leather. Farming. I guess this could be considered "fun" but not really.

One of my clanmates is going for 99 herblore because he likes training the skill. It's not just putting ingredients together for hours on end. It's also the challenge in obtaining the ingredients. Not just farming herbs and collecting snape grass spawns, but even the challenge of trying to buy and sell the ingredients and the finished products on the Grand Exchange with the minimum amount of loss, watching the markets and so forth. And it's partly the thrill of doing something because nobody else does it, sort of like a Magic: the Gathering player making a deck based on Norin the Wary, a creature who runs away whenever anyone attacks, rendering him useless for all the combat purposes for which you would normally want a creature. (Think of a weapon that unequips itself anytime you enter combat, and that's basically Norin the Wary.) Herblore is kind of like that deck, only longer and more expensive.

Patr1ck
[ Display Name History ]

Patr1ck

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,009 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lads
  • RSN2:Swag_Squared
  • Clan:OfTheGods
You should only train a skill because you like it or you need a certain level for a quest etc. But just getting 99 to get a cape is pathetic.
Posted Image

CowsEatFood
[ Display Name History ]

CowsEatFood

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:T.F.S

You should only train a skill because you like it or you need a certain level for a quest etc. But just getting 99 to get a cape is pathetic.

People pay millions in supplies and get up range levels (which some of them hate ranging) to get a fire cape. Is that pathetic too?

I don't get how getting up skills you hate for quests is any less "pathetic" in your mind. This can also go towards getting a cape.

BloodArgon
[ Display Name History ]

BloodArgon

Banned

• Members
  • 1,936 posts
Technically you can apply this logic to anything.

Training for a goal, to have a reward that you want.

If its double natures you want, train to 91 RC. Use them for money or magic, its up to you.

If its a godsword you want, go train skills and solo a godwars boss.

If its a cape you want, train the skill to get it.

If you want to wear a bandos plate, train defence to get it.

Its all the same logic.
Posted Image
99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

magmaguard3
[ Display Name History ]

magmaguard3

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 477 posts

Because its stupid to train a skill just because you want the cape, you should train it because you actually enjoy it, not to have 99 in a skill with almost no uses.

QFT

Most people get those skills up just for the cape. Therefore the typical stereotype for anyone who has a cooking, fletching, or fm cape is "Noobish" :wall:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1
Who cares what others think, unless of course, you feel that you are indeed a noob for training this skill, which then I advise you to stop training it.

Horatio666
[ Display Name History ]

Horatio666

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Location:Being strangled by my goldfish. Please come help me!
  • RSN:Horatio666
A message to the true noobs of Runescape

It's hard work, getting a 99, they got something to show for it.

And as such, No skillcape is "better" than another, nor should you be jealous because you don't have one and they do
Posted Image
"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dexek

Because its stupid to train a skill just because you want the cape, you should train it because you actually enjoy it, not to have 99 in a skill with almost no uses.

The topic, in my opinion, should have ended with this very first post.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

ShadowFire
[ Display Name History ]

ShadowFire

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 687 posts
It always makes me laugh when people state that "you shouldn't get a 99 skill just for a cape". It's fine for someone to earn 7m for a Dragon Chain, get the tickets for gold CW armour or obtain the last Chompy Hat, yet if someone wants to get 99 Attack purely for the cape then they aren't 'doing it right'.

Word to the wise, it's a game, if I wanted to waste my time buying and drinking 1000 glasses of beer in the Barbarian Village pub then it's my choice. Heck, you don't see anyone complaining if someone defeats Jad purely for the Fire Cape rather than because they enjoy the Fight Pits so why should skillcapes be any different?
Posted Image

spyderownzyou
[ Display Name History ]

spyderownzyou

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Daddy Ash

The topic, in my opinion, should have ended with this very first post.

:thumbdown:

It always makes me laugh when people state that "you shouldn't get a 99 skill just for a cape". It's fine for someone to earn 7m for a Dragon Chain, get the tickets for gold CW armour or obtain the last Chompy Hat, yet if someone wants to get 99 Attack purely for the cape then they aren't 'doing it right'.

Word to the wise, it's a game, if I wanted to waste my time buying and drinking 1000 glasses of beer in the Barbarian Village pub then it's my choice. Heck, you don't see anyone complaining if someone defeats Jad purely for the Fire Cape rather than because they enjoy the Fight Pits so why should skillcapes be any different?

to be honest thread should just end here, it a game, play it how you want, as long as you don't break the rules :wall:
You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

Madmanpur3
[ Display Name History ]

Madmanpur3

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 874 posts

Slayer stops getting any more bonuses at level 90. But people still get 99 slayer. Why? for the cape. So i quess slayer is a "noob cape" too? Herblaw stops at level 82. So the only reason of getting 99 herblaw is for the cape? I guess herblaw is a "noob cape" too. Crafting is level 90. So getting 99 crafting for the cape makes it a noob one? Farming at level 85. So getting 99 farming for the cape makes it a noob cape? I could go on...

And in my opinion you are absolutely 100% correct in saying that, except I'd call them "idiot capes" versus "noob capes"...

When I see a slayer/herb/craft/fm/fletch cape I don't admire the cape, I laugh at the idiot.

Honestly, cooking cape gets more respect than slayer cape from me.

I got 99 firemaking because I like to train that skill, the cape was a bonus, I also got 99 attack because I like training attack and again the cape was a bonus, everyone who insults any 99 skill should be shot.

Shoot me.
May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!
First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Sojin
[ Display Name History ]

Sojin

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 30 posts
True there are easier skills then others out there but it is a skill cape all the same and should be treated as such. I too am training fm for the cape because it just looks wicked awesome. Who's to say that your motives are "wrong" for getting a skill cape?
Posted Image Posted Image

3hitm4g3u
[ Display Name History ]

3hitm4g3u

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
I think a good way to measure the nooby capes is this.

If Jagex said they will permanently give any one skill cape (and 99) to everyone without one, how many people would choose fletching? Or cooking? Or firemaking?
Posted Image

Avid43
[ Display Name History ]

Avid43

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • RSN:Avid43
I got 99 cooking cus I wanted any 99 before I stopped playing, I didn't care what it was so neither should anyone else...

Theres no reason to start crying about how easy/unrespected it is when you see some one with one they allready know that...
Posted Image

Bunnies
[ Display Name History ]

Bunnies

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
Ultimately, does it matter?

Do what you want based on your own desires, not the opinions of others. If you are really so insecure about other fools misguided beliefs, maybe you are a 'noob'?

Finally, on the subject of the Firemaking cape: Is that not a nifty looking emote? <3:

Calm Koala
[ Display Name History ]

Calm Koala

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • RSN:Calm Koala
Lvl 99 is Lvl 99 no matter wich skill it is. You Achieved 13m exp in that skill

Posted Image

bakura18
[ Display Name History ]

bakura18

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • RSN:Gomu Pistol

And in my opinion you are absolutely 100% correct in saying that, except I'd call them "idiot capes" versus "noob capes"...

When I see a slayer/herb/craft/fm/fletch cape I don't admire the cape, I laugh at the idiot.

Honestly, cooking cape gets more respect than slayer cape from me.

God forgive me for getting 99 in a skill I LIKE. :wall: :wall: :roll:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

fbswift
[ Display Name History ]

fbswift

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
i dont have any 99 yets, and i get how hard cooking or fm or fletch cape is. just because lots of people have them doesnt make them nooby, think how many people dont!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users