"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

Demoli

It always makes me laugh when people state that "you shouldn't get a 99 skill just for a cape". It's fine for someone to earn 7m for a Dragon Chain, get the tickets for gold CW armour or obtain the last Chompy Hat, yet if someone wants to get 99 Attack purely for the cape then they aren't 'doing it right'.

Word to the wise, it's a game, if I wanted to waste my time buying and drinking 1000 glasses of beer in the Barbarian Village pub then it's my choice. Heck, you don't see anyone complaining if someone defeats Jad purely for the Fire Cape rather than because they enjoy the Fight Pits so why should skillcapes be any different?

blazesigbq9.jpg

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its stupid to train a skill just because you want the cape, you should train it because you actually enjoy it, not to have 99 in a skill with almost no uses.

The topic, in my opinion, should have ended with this very first post.

:thumbdown:

It always makes me laugh when people state that "you shouldn't get a 99 skill just for a cape". It's fine for someone to earn 7m for a Dragon Chain, get the tickets for gold CW armour or obtain the last Chompy Hat, yet if someone wants to get 99 Attack purely for the cape then they aren't 'doing it right'.

Word to the wise, it's a game, if I wanted to waste my time buying and drinking 1000 glasses of beer in the Barbarian Village pub then it's my choice. Heck, you don't see anyone complaining if someone defeats Jad purely for the Fire Cape rather than because they enjoy the Fight Pits so why should skillcapes be any different?

to be honest thread should just end here, it a game, play it how you want, as long as you don't break the rules :wall:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

Slayer stops getting any more bonuses at level 90. But people still get 99 slayer. Why? for the cape. So i quess slayer is a "noob cape" too? Herblaw stops at level 82. So the only reason of getting 99 herblaw is for the cape? I guess herblaw is a "noob cape" too. Crafting is level 90. So getting 99 crafting for the cape makes it a noob one? Farming at level 85. So getting 99 farming for the cape makes it a noob cape? I could go on...

And in my opinion you are absolutely 100% correct in saying that, except I'd call them "idiot capes" versus "noob capes"...

When I see a slayer/herb/craft/fm/fletch cape I don't admire the cape, I laugh at the idiot.

Honestly, cooking cape gets more respect than slayer cape from me.

I got 99 firemaking because I like to train that skill, the cape was a bonus, I also got 99 attack because I like training attack and again the cape was a bonus, everyone who insults any 99 skill should be shot.

Shoot me.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

True there are easier skills then others out there but it is a skill cape all the same and should be treated as such. I too am training fm for the cape because it just looks wicked awesome. Who's to say that your motives are "wrong" for getting a skill cape?

Sublexation.gif 203934109074superballpwnage.gif

I got 99 cooking cus I wanted any 99 before I stopped playing, I didn't care what it was so neither should anyone else...

Theres no reason to start crying about how easy/unrespected it is when you see some one with one they allready know that...

Avid43.png

Ultimately, does it matter?

Do what you want based on your own desires, not the opinions of others. If you are really so insecure about other fools misguided beliefs, maybe you are a 'noob'?

Finally, on the subject of the Firemaking cape: Is that not a nifty looking emote? <3:

Slayer stops getting any more bonuses at level 90. But people still get 99 slayer. Why? for the cape. So i quess slayer is a "noob cape" too? Herblaw stops at level 82. So the only reason of getting 99 herblaw is for the cape? I guess herblaw is a "noob cape" too. Crafting is level 90. So getting 99 crafting for the cape makes it a noob one? Farming at level 85. So getting 99 farming for the cape makes it a noob cape? I could go on...

And in my opinion you are absolutely 100% correct in saying that, except I'd call them "idiot capes" versus "noob capes"...

When I see a slayer/herb/craft/fm/fletch cape I don't admire the cape, I laugh at the idiot.

Honestly, cooking cape gets more respect than slayer cape from me.

God forgive me for getting 99 in a skill I LIKE. :wall: :wall: :roll:

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

To be honest I went on a mission to try and get to 99 Fletch, cooking and crafting. Not for the capes, but because I enjoyed these skills, I figured, why not go for level 99 but I quickly stopped because I started not enjoying the skills any more.

I have a lot of the stuff left in the bank to carry on whenever I want, but I'm in no hurry to level up any more.

My main problem was with people I know saying that my skills were poor since I been playing since 2001 so I felt I needed to raise my skills. However I have come to the point where, to be honest they should shush! Yes I have been playing since 2001, but life has gotten in the way of playing 24/7 and so I generally don't have the time to play all the time.

I am still working on cooking and Fletch slightly, but that is only really because I have maxed out my bank and I need the space, so once I have made what I was making before then I will sell them in G.E and then go back to doing little bits here and there for fun.

To get to 99, as I was finding is not exactly quick, it takes time and patience, and for that matter I think it as a achievement to get to 99. Calling someone a noob for putting time and effort into a skill is stupid, just because you deem that skill pointless, there are going to be heaps of people who will argue with you that it plays a vital role in the game.

I personally don't see the point in hunter, but I am not going to call someone a noob for training in it, if anything, congrats to anyone with 99 because I find that an extremely pointless skill... but congrats all the same.

But to get to 99 for the sake of a cape and nothing else is somewhat pointless.

That probably all made little to no sense, and I do apologise for that.... However, I have just found spell check on firefox so it should all hopefully be legible :-P

lizzy_wizzy.png

lizzy_wizzy.png

Im not sure how anything in this game can be called more pointless than anything else... All things considered, this is a game; if someone finds doing a skill to 99 and 'maxing' that skill fun then how can that be any more pointless than doing a 'more useful skill' to 99... Surely the aim here for anyone is to have fun? If you don't find it fun or enjoy it, then perhaps you should reconsider it. And likewise if you do find it fun, how can it be pointless?

this is a appeal i make for all tip.iters and noobs out there

You're associating us with noobs? Thank you very much, you really know how to make people more likely to agree with you.

Basically people that power-level just for a cape are not considered to have done anything to deserve to be shown respect for their "effort". How many tens of thousands of players have 99 capes in Firemaking/Cooking/Fletching? Their numbers are constantly increasing, thus devaluing the capes for those skills even further. Not to mention that they're buyable skills, and that isn't helping.

You want "respect" for a 99? Go get it in a skill like Mining or Fishing. You said you were going for 99 Defence but decided to abandon it because it wasn't fast enough for you. You can't honestly expect to get the recognition you want by taking the easy way out.

will you marry me? haha but yea, u summed up everything I was going to say. I'm currently working on 99 mining as my first 99. I chose that because not many people train it and I like it a lot. I think it is one of the best skills and by far the best to have 99 in

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I like 99 pyroness skill.

I hate when people mix up the phrases "No-Life" and "Grind"

No-life is when you do other things as well as your main thing.

Grinding is when you stay on task.

To be more accurate, no-lifing is when you're a zombie. 8-)

No, actually you're wrong, anyway. Grinding is when you train through constant repetition. "No-life" refers to neglecting other activities outside the game to play Runescape (or a similar game), especially when grinding. It's entirely possible and very common to grind without "no-lifing".

I like 99 pyroness skill.

I hate when people mix up the phrases "No-Life" and "Grind"

No-life is when you do other things as well as your main thing.

Grinding is when you stay on task.

To be more accurate, no-lifing is when you're a zombie. 8-)

No, actually you're wrong, anyway. Grinding is when you train through constant repetition. "No-life" refers to neglecting other activities outside the game to play Runescape (or a similar game), especially when grinding. It's entirely possible and very common to grind without "no-lifing".

yes, grinding would be same skill non-stop when your on runescape in spare time

no-lifing would be missing work/daily shower/social events to be on runescape :? (why would anyone do that!? #-o )

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I think a good way to measure the nooby capes is this.

If Jagex said they will permanently give any one skill cape (and 99) to everyone without one, how many people would choose fletching? Or cooking? Or firemaking?

+1

Fools_Taco.png

If you get a 99 just for the sake of getting the skillcape, and it's something as easy as firemaking, cooking, fletching etc., then it's NOT a worthy cape.

However, if you got 92 firemaking for an adze, then just decided to get 99 because you were halfway there anyway, that makes for a fine, respectable 99 firemaking.

I agree, but IMHO there should be more reason to get 92+ in FM. Although I think the adze is cool. \'

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

I'm lvl 126 and I still dont have a 99. Why? Cause I dont like grinding. And lets face it, nobody likes grinding.

I find it silly that people do these boring, useless skills (you said it yourself, fm is boring, and everyone knows it's useless) just to get a cape that everyone has. Of course, if you really like the skill and 99 comes naturally, go on. But all those lvl 91's with 35 farming and 23 summoning grinding their way to 99 fletching, I dont get them...

So my view:

A 99 should come naturally

A 99 shouldnt be grinding

A 99 should be somewhat useful (and that's why it should come naturally).

I'm about to get 99 magic myself. Have I grinded it, I dont think so. I've gotten 85 on f2p a long time ago. You could call that small part (like 65-85) grinding perhaps. 85-92 went naturally on p2p. Bit of this, bit of that. Then 92-97 bursting rock lobs for 90 summoning. 97-98 was enchanting bolts at pc, okay, you could call that grinding, but I was nearly there :-).

If I compare this to someone who spends 100 boooring hours getting 99 fletching, just cause he wants that 99.

i think you should be able to walk around with a fletching cape and not be flamed...

the person that is flaming you probably doesnt have the cape.

the real question is "why are you making fun of me when i have an easy cape but you dont have it?"

and if they do have the cape.

you have it to so you must be a noob.

they probably havent goten their next 99 yet.

stop being a noob and let them get a cape if they want to.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

i think you should be able to walk around with a fletching cape and not be flamed...

the real question is "why are you making fun of me when i have an easy cape but you dont have it?"

Thats the whole point, I'm GLAD I havent wasted so much time just to have a 99. If i'd laugh with you but I have one myself, that'd be lame, moreso than not having 99 fletching.

Thats the whole point, I'm GLAD I havent wasted so much time just to have a 99. If i'd laugh with you but I have one myself, that'd be lame, moreso than not having 99 fletching.

It's a waste of time to get 99 in a skill...so you'd laugh just as hard if not harder at people who get 99 runecrafting, or slayer, or farming, or agility, or fishing, or mining, or construction? Those are even bigger wastes of time, since they take longer to get, right? So in a way, fletching is much less n00by than those skills?

i agree with this 100%

i dont see why people hate on the people who actually out in their time to train to a 99 skill. I guess they are jealous and think they are cool by saying you are a noob.

dont let them stop you! LET THERE BE 99 FIREMAKING!

good luck ::'

It's a waste of time to get 99 in a skill...so you'd laugh just as hard if not harder at people who get 99 runecrafting, or slayer, or farming, or agility, or fishing, or mining, or construction? Those are even bigger wastes of time, since they take longer to get, right? So in a way, fletching is much less n00by than those skills?

No cause when wasting time on these skills you get something back. Respect, money, ... With fletching nothing...