"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

Demoli

Personally, I already had 97 Fletching when they released skill capes, and since I was so close I just decided I could make some money and get a 99 that I had already worked on for a long time. Even so, I hardly do fletching now because it is hardly profitable anymore. It was the main reason I trained Fletching, and so, I didn't "like" fletching, but it made me money and so I used it as a source of income. The cape was just a small temptation to gather the last 2m or so experience and achieve 99.

Now, people simply train the skill to have a 99 cape, and so that is why certain skills are known as how you put "noob skillcapes" because they generally are buyable, fairly cheap for a skill, and don't take much work or concentration. Yes, they still are skillcapes, but the way most people obtain them now is not so worthy of receiving them. Also remember that this was before the grand exchange, and so the capes were really a large influx of the bot harvesting materials for skills, where dragon bones, yew logs, bow strings and other materials hit their all time low in prices.

So, the skills were actually alot cheaper than they are now, and the way prices worked, people actually made money from cooking and fletching at first. I did, and turned around 14m to 21m from fletching, got my skill cape and a santa hat.

Also noting the above posts, magic and prayer can be considered "noob" if you look at them quickly, but if you realize how much money and time you must put into them as well as a nearly 0 return in these skills, you can realize why not many people go for 99 in these skills. Prayer is a little over 100m to gain 99 at the prices I believe, and has a 0 return, so all 100m+ of your cash going into that skill is never coming back. Magic is the same, however alching can give a small return, but in essence, you are losing a good deal of cash because prices make alchables cost around the same as their alch prices, and you still need nature runes, so the nature rune cash is not going to be turning profit at all. Makes me remember buying alchs to alch for profit and sitting down at the duel arena for hours watching duels and making cash. Good times.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got 99 fletching... I had fun doing it and made some cool friends.

I like the cape and dont really care what people think :) or thought its pretty kool

when say congratz and stuff hehe

Im glad I done it and was worth the awesome experience.

In the end I respect anyone with or without a skill cape really...

tr0jams.png

If you have the time to work a skill up to level 99, show your cape off with pride, no matter what the skill is.

Yes, some of them are much more common and quicker to increase than others, but it's still a skillcape.

I've recently decided to work my way up to 99 hunting, i don't have any other 99 skill and at 69 hunting I'm already overwhelmed >.<

Why am i doing it? Because I've loved it since the day the skill came out!

My highest skill is fletching at lvl 87 and i've gotten that there for the pure reason that I like to make money from it and I've worked my way up to at least buying myself a Robin (hehe...i can't high alch), but when I'm out hunting, people ask me all the time if i've borrowed it and call me a noob. They look down on hunting because you can't make money from it and it doesn't take any "real skill" but at least im enjoying and every level i feel proud of myself for doing it.

I certainly look up to people with any combat skill at lvl 99 and if you have one and are reading this, I don't know how you do it.

But any others who are going for it deserve respect too. People with one of those "easy" capes, good job to you too.

Is it as impressive as say 99 slayer? No.

But if you worked your butt off for it and felt proud for doing it, you deserve respect.

I have to say, I agree with you completely. Every skill cape is an accomplishment, whether it's cooking or slayer. The only thing I must add is that the quest point cape should now be going extinct :lol: . The 65 farming and herblore makes this a very "hard" cape to accomplish. Too bad I wasn't one of the lucky few to do the quest and reclaim my cape :cry:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Personally, I already had 97 Fletching when they released skill capes, and since I was so close I just decided I could make some money and get a 99 that I had already worked on for a long time. Even so, I hardly do fletching now because it is hardly profitable anymore. It was the main reason I trained Fletching, and so, I didn't "like" fletching, but it made me money and so I used it as a source of income. The cape was just a small temptation to gather the last 2m or so experience and achieve 99.

Now, people simply train the skill to have a 99 cape, and so that is why certain skills are known as how you put "noob skillcapes" because they generally are buyable, fairly cheap for a skill, and don't take much work or concentration. Yes, they still are skillcapes, but the way most people obtain them now is not so worthy of receiving them. Also remember that this was before the grand exchange, and so the capes were really a large influx of the bot harvesting materials for skills, where dragon bones, yew logs, bow strings and other materials hit their all time low in prices.

So, the skills were actually alot cheaper than they are now, and the way prices worked, people actually made money from cooking and fletching at first. I did, and turned around 14m to 21m from fletching, got my skill cape and a santa hat.

Also noting the above posts, magic and prayer can be considered "noob" if you look at them quickly, but if you realize how much money and time you must put into them as well as a nearly 0 return in these skills, you can realize why not many people go for 99 in these skills. Prayer is a little over 100m to gain 99 at the prices I believe, and has a 0 return, so all 100m+ of your cash going into that skill is never coming back. Magic is the same, however alching can give a small return, but in essence, you are losing a good deal of cash because prices make alchables cost around the same as their alch prices, and you still need nature runes, so the nature rune cash is not going to be turning profit at all. Makes me remember buying alchs to alch for profit and sitting down at the duel arena for hours watching duels and making cash. Good times.

When you say that there is no return on the magic or prayer skillcapes I had to think for a moment, only to realize that you were talking about money to be made from training the skill, and only that. What about the access to a multitude of spells to make your rs life a lot more efficient and fun, or wat about the ability to fight high level monsters for longer periods of time, due to lengthened prayer time. If put to use properly training these skills to 99 skills have economic value as well as sweet looking capes. I do not have any 99 skills, I just dont have the patience for it, and as such I look on in envy of anyone with any skillcape for their commitment.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I pity people whose favourite skills are firemaking, cooking and fletching. :wall:

those are my favorites, minus fletching and add woodcutting :lol:

good thing i plan on NEVER getting a skill cape. (I play RS for the mini games :lol: )

i don't see why quest capes have such a stigma...

personally i am going for a quest cape as i love quests (and their rewards) \'

however with the release of some recent quests - rocking out, summers end and most notably While Guthix Sleeps

i am hoping that the hate and disrespect of those wearing quest capes will go away

i just think that if they havn't even done the work involved in getting a cape no one should be flaming someone for having a "noob cape"

plat_silver.png

Quest Cape first achieved 11 April 2009

Getting anything to level 99 is an achievement. And if they only want to get it to show off, then let them do so.

That person firemaking to level 99 isn't you. Or your account. He's not your problem. Let him do whatever he wants.

There's no need to call him a noob because he's making a decision to spend his time gaining fast and inexpensive firemaking exp, just because you're actually spending time and money seeing your farming harvest grow under your care towards level 99 instead.

Because in the end, you have to look at the end result. About 999999999999 people have firemaking/cooking skillcapes now, and those who have them will get largely ignored. But you, you with the farming skillcape is probably only 1 in a million. People will demand to see a farming skillcape emote from you because they have never seen it before. Instead of the firemaking skillcape guy, because they've seen it 200 times.

And yeah, you get a better emote, compared to the firemaking guy with a tiny ball of orange in his hands.

And the ability to grow an extra spirit tree to teleport with.

And seeing your own vegetables, herbs, trees and flowers grow under your care to tasty things ^^.

Remember the relation ship between time and money spend to get particular skillcapes have a linear relationship with the amount of attention and happiness received by other people and yourself in getting it. The equation is: {Money*Time+Difficulty} =[proportional to]= Happiness and feeling of accomplishment you gain in the end.

(M x T + D~ H + A) (I think thats the equation for direct variation...)

Hope that helps :P

Fae_Rasachi.png

oh, sigs can update by themselves now? ^.^

They are nominal.

A skill cape like fletching, in which the skill is of little use, does not command my respect. It shows a feat which many other before you have attained. The skill cape for you should be reward enough.

However, a skill cape like the farming or slayer cape, denote a massive amount of determination, and it represents more than a little bit of cooking and fletching JUST for the purpose of the skill cape.

It is looked down upon to get a 99 skill just for the cape, and when people do want a cape they usually go for an easy one, therefore people assume those capes= only gotten for the cape and the person did not enjoy getting it. Imo, you really shouldn't get a 99 cape in a skill you find boring, but its your choice.

I pity people whose favourite skills are firemaking, cooking and fletching. :wall:

It's a very ugly skill.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Cooking cape is barely an achievement, and yes I have one. I don't consider people with fm, cook or fletch cape as noobs though.

But my gold cw legs took 3 times longer to get than cook cape, and I'm much more proud of them :P

And to the people who say those cape are considered as noob because it's only people picking easy skills to get a cape, the only difference between say, fletching and mining is lots of time. Why should I respect someone who mined rocks for hours for no other reason than getting the cape more than the fletching guy? Because he's able to spend more time in front of a computer?

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

I have ATTACK, DEFENCE, STRENGTH, HP, COOKING, QUEST Cape, and nomatter what cape i wear, i still get some form of abuse for it, i got 99 Strength in RSC, that was Before Skillcapes Came Out!, and i still get called a noob when i wear the cape, so that put me off it, Attack Cape i get the same comments, Cooking Cape i get accused of buying the skill, which is not true as i got it from all the fishing and cooking my food, and i used to cook friends food in rsc, HP Cape i get accused of being a PC NOOB, when i didnt touch PC and when you have max melee, you generally do have 99 HP? Quest Cape i always got accused of seeking an easy cape, which is crap as this cape is the HARDEST to maintain, i even get called a noob when i wear my FIRECAPE? this is proberably the hardest cape to acturely get and im a noob for having it? lol.

My Point:

Nomatter WHAT Cape You Wear, somebody will have something to say about it, they will find some way to abuse it, they will have some comment you dont like, they do it because they envy that you have something good and they do not, these type of people have to enjoy themself by trying to bring down people better and more successful than themself. im abused by them for everything, even my combat level, but thats because i enjoy what i do, not because i force myself to do it.

Dont Waste Your Time Skilling For A Cape If You Dont Enjoy The Skill, i enjoy all the skills i do and i love doing quests because its an intresting change to the game, if you pressure yourself and strain yourself to get a skillcape that you dont like doing, then you put it on and get abuse for it, you are going to hate that you did it, and it will bring you down, however, if you love doing the skill and its abused, you dont mind because you did a skill you love doing.

ALL SKILLCAPES ARE SOMETHING TO SHOW OFF

BUT ONLY SHOW THEM IF YOU ENJOYED THE SKILL YOU DID TO GET IT!

NOT FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING THE CAPE!

Scotty Potty.

DDSOWNED.gif

honestly i have never called a skill cape a n00bcape but i think you much more appreciate it if you didnt just hammer the skill from 1-99 in a few weeks, it took me 3 years on and off to get 99 strength a month ago and the novelty hasnt worn off, maybe because you don't often see a level 100 wearing full barrows or bandos with it on. so many people either comment or compliment that, then others call me a noob or something stupid and tell me to train attack, it's 70

]ac_s_dc.png

yea i know what everyone is saying.. the only fact that skill capes are considered noob, is that the only hard thing about obtaining the 99 in a skill like fire making, cooking or fletching, is trying not to get sore fingers from clicking so much. but what really seperates and skill? cooking is easy because you have an easy and kinda quick way. mining is easy enough too. its not hard, just very, very long and tedious (ask Lady Shahdie about that one haha ;p). its just a bunch of clicking and having a good amount of patience.

i have 99 wc myself, and i am very happy with it. people have mixed emotions about it... they either say "wc is noob... its not hard.. its easy to get" (when i dont see them with it), or my fave response, "wow! i love the cape!!! that must have been hard to get! you are my master!" lol... but really, in actual fact they are both right... no skill is *hard* just very long to gain xp... and the other guy, hes is right, because i am his master. lol!!!!!!!!

the thing about it is, i probably did do it the *hardest* way. from level 75 woodcutting, i wced mages, and only mage trees, until 99. but then again, it was only very long... and lots of clicking... it took about 5 months to get.. but best profit.. so you never know what they have done to get it, or what they have been through, unless you ask. otherwise, thats just unfair, and your making the runescape community a little more shaken.

i too thought about, while being non mem for the time being, to buy some maples, and get 99 firemaking... i burnt about 6k... and gave up. as i say again, its not hard, just long... dont have the patience anymore...

so remember, you might see somone skilling to 99, and you may not like it. but for some, they find enjoyment in it. if they want the cape, atleast give them the satisfaction of owning one... atleast until you own them in PvP with it on and they lose it hehe sneaky devil ;P

so if you see somone skilling, say to them if you dont like it "hey you know, i hate skillers.. but your doing a mighty fine job there. keep up the good work, and i hope you succeed in what ever your trying to accomplish." and if you dont care about skillers, just say "gl wit it buddy ;P"

have a good one guys... and be nice hehe ;P

HÊ®Ôʧ GÊ ®ËmÊmßÊ®ÊÐ ßÜ LÊgÊñÐ Ñ\/® Ð

Tal Shiar Alliance......

Thanks to: Ts Stormrage and Arioch (hunny) lol

And special thnx 2: leoj11, starmuffins, alliehj, ftlhunter, and especially you Ereswalbis!!!! love u jen xoxox would never be the person i am now witout u :D

Nightshade.gif

Nillick.png

Master_Smither wrote:

Partyhats as I see it are rare

Lenin64 wrote:

Pull the lever so the track half-switches, and the train de-rails. Saves everyone except the hundred or so people in the train.

I only have the quest cape and no matter what other capes I get, that's the one I'm going to wear. It's the only skill cape you have to keep getting over and over again. Anyone who calls me a noob for wearing it, I just ignore them.

I'm working on getting 99 firemaking. I don't buy this skill, I earn it. I cut my own trees. I cut maples over by the hop allotment by seers village and when my inventory is full, i light them. I decide to get 99 firemaking because I wanted the adze. After I got 92 firemaking it was like okay, I'm this close let's just keep going. I sometimes use the maples from Throne of Miscellania ( I want the birds nest ) I could buy the remaining maples I need for about 1.2 million but I enjoy cutting the logs myself. With the adze I can usually cut about 40 maples or so before my inventory gets full. If I bought firemaking, I never would have got my raven egg from a birds nest that fell from a tree that I was cutting for firemaking.

I will also get farming skill cape. I'm 82 now, so I still need about 10.6 million xp, but I enjoy farming. So when I finally get 99 it will be a great feeling.

I work on the skills I enjoy. If others think those are noob skills, so be it.

My feeling is if you took the time to "earn" your 99 be proud of it.

I always find it funny that people have no problem saying they lost 10 or 12 million to buy there skill.

If you "earned" your skill or bought it you still deserve to wear that cape. Let the childish noobs call you names and just ignore them and go back to earning xp.

Gonavycv64.png

Gonavycv64.png

262.png

I have been playing runescape since 2001 and i am level 125. I don't have any of these capes that are supposed to be easy to get, but i have 99 range ,hp and wood cutting. I personally think that anyone with a skill cape of any kind deserves praise, because, quite frankly, people who call these capes n00b capes don't understand how hard it is to cook 170000 trouts or burn 95000 logs. I think doing that is much harder then killing slayer monsters or planting herbs just because its so much more boring.

bestmage.jpg

I only have the quest cape and no matter what other capes I get, that's the one I'm going to wear. It's the only skill cape you have to keep getting over and over again. Anyone who calls me a noob for wearing it, I just ignore them.

I'm working on getting 99 firemaking. I don't buy this skill, I earn it. I cut my own trees. I cut maples over by the hop allotment by seers village and when my inventory is full, i light them. I decide to get 99 firemaking because I wanted the adze. After I got 92 firemaking it was like okay, I'm this close let's just keep going. I sometimes use the maples from Throne of Miscellania ( I want the birds nest ) I could buy the remaining maples I need for about 1.2 million but I enjoy cutting the logs myself. With the adze I can usually cut about 40 maples or so before my inventory gets full. If I bought firemaking, I never would have got my raven egg from a birds nest that fell from a tree that I was cutting for firemaking.

I will also get farming skill cape. I'm 82 now, so I still need about 10.6 million xp, but I enjoy farming. So when I finally get 99 it will be a great feeling.

I work on the skills I enjoy. If others think those are noob skills, so be it.

My feeling is if you took the time to "earn" your 99 be proud of it.

I always find it funny that people have no problem saying they lost 10 or 12 million to buy there skill.

If you "earned" your skill or bought it you still deserve to wear that cape. Let the childish noobs call you names and just ignore them and go back to earning xp.

Just as an aside, if you're burning all the logs you chop, you'll be much better off with teaks. They're faster experience in woodcutting and in firemaking than maples, or any other tree for that matter.

A cape's a cape. It's an achievement altogether, but, many noobs like to get these 'buyable' capes just to have one. \'

Even so, I don't consider any induvidual cape nooby. Imo, you're a noob until you get a *Trimmed* skillcape. (Which ironically means I'm a noob still :thumbsup: )

And anywho, most of the childish noobs who say your skillcape(s) is/are nooby have none for themselves, or have a 'nooby' one themelves and wanna make themselves feel good. I do what I enjoy. And I earn it. It's as simple as that.

Slayer drops: Black Mask: 1 (Ik I fail)

18.jpg

When you say that there is no return on the magic or prayer skillcapes I had to think for a moment, only to realize that you were talking about money to be made from training the skill, and only that. What about the access to a multitude of spells to make your rs life a lot more efficient and fun, or wat about the ability to fight high level monsters for longer periods of time, due to lengthened prayer time. If put to use properly training these skills to 99 skills have economic value as well as sweet looking capes. I do not have any 99 skills, I just dont have the patience for it, and as such I look on in envy of anyone with any skillcape for their commitment.

Think harder.

How is it worth another 50m to get from 92 to 99 prayer (1/2 way to 99), When the best prayer available is Piety at lvl 70. And prayer pots are so easily available from a much cheaper cost. Imagine the amount of prayer pots you could buy with 50 mil. It doesn't even seem worth the money to get prayer past 70 by much. So yea. Hatebringer has it right. There is next NO return for prayer.

On topic.

What's if a player feels like getting 99 cooking but doesn't want it for the cape? Just for a relatively cheap, easy, and fast 99? Nothing nooby about that... If one feels like wearing a cape they have rightfully earned, why not?

Answer me this...why is no one bashing strength?

There are over 57,000 people with 99 strength that's about 4,000 in front of cooking and about 6,500 in front of fletching in fact more people have 99 strength than any other skill and by the standards of this thread it makes it the "n00biest" skill cape.

Another question...only about 16,000 people have 99 fire making. There are 9 skills in front of it. So saying that people get it because it is quicker or easier than other skills can't be 100% true if only 16,000 people have it. But then to compare it to skills like cooking and fletching in terms of "n00biness" is just stupid because there are over 3 times as many people with 99 in both cooking and fletching.

Aside from that I appreciate any skill cape. You obviously have to put some time and effort into it. If some 99's weren't true achievements would Jagex give them a skill cape to mark that achievement?

Lord_Cool_LV.png

Lord_Cool_LV.png

Quest Cape originally achieved 4/14/09

99 Cooking achieved 1/1/09

5/6 Achievement Diaries completed

Answer me this...why is no one bashing strength?

There are over 57,000 people with 99 strength that's about 4,000 in front of cooking and about 6,500 in front of fletching in fact more people have 99 strength than any other skill and by the standards of this thread it makes it the "n00biest" skill cape.

i think people dont mind strength because people only mind if somebody has bought or gotten 99 because its fast to get a quick 99, people only really get 99 strength because there doing lots of combat and/or enjoy killing things. Strength isnt a big deal for me i just think it means that people have joined runescape for combat games and fighting, which means they have reached their own goal of becoming the highest possible rank for their favourite skill, which is really what the skillcapes are about.

i also would like to know where you got this information from, not because i dont believe it, but because i personally think knowing how many people have each cape in interesting

what on earth made you think to set it on fire?

i... um, guess... because it was there

Ect Ect.

Chins, Super sets, ect ect.

Call me pedantic if you like, but ect means absolutely nothing. For those that are not aware, etc. is an abbreviation generally held to have stemmed from the Latin phrase ET Ceteri. Let's get the basic 3 letter words right shall we now?!

You could'nt come up with anything better? :wall:

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us