Hello, my name is Robert. And I own a cannon.

Roberthree

maybe because cannon is efficient in multi combat zone... and slayer is pretty profitable. I strongly suggest you try some serious slaying, not jumping from a skill to another every 4-5 days. And while you're at it, give the cannon a try at daganoths and kalphites and compare the time you saved and experience gained. You might just change your mind and there's nothing wrong in that.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slayer, like most skills, has a slow cash making option or a fast higher cost option. nothing new there.

If slayer is susposed to be SOOO profitable people go ahead and cannon 50% of their tasks.

I cannon about 10-15% of my tasks. I cannon bloodveld, kalphite, and half of the time dagannoth. (other half is in ct where you make money. and lots of it) My other tasks + points + my passive money makers leave me with profit no matter what I do lol.

Your lack of willingness to see reason and accept efficient training always surprise me. Even faced with logical situations and arguments, you always find a way to look like a total fool with unsupported arguments, childish opinions and generalisations that are often simply not true or greatly exagerated.

Calling a way of training stupid when it is a proven way to train efficiently only makes you look stupid.

maybe because cannon is efficient in multi combat zone... and slayer is pretty profitable. I strongly suggest you try some serious slaying, not jumping from a skill to another every 4-5 days. And while you're at it, give the cannon a try at daganoths and kalphites and compare the time you saved and experience gained. You might just change your mind and there's nothing wrong in that.

I have a few suggestion for you. First of all, actually look something up so you can back up your facts before making inane statements. I suggest looking at Qeltar's monster slayer database. For starters you might want to read my 'slayer sucks' thread; I believe you will find this topic absolutely killed in the 800 or so pages of replies. Second of all, I wouldn't stoop to flaming someone as an argument (Although that's sort of what I'm doing :wall: ).At the rates that most people earn money - and how infrequently they do it - a cannon is NOT worth using. Slayer, using a cannon and piety for most tasks, will result in a SIGNIFICANT loss of cash. A cannon is fun and helpful for slaying - BUT NOT WORTH USING FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS. Don't go making stupid statements without any facts whatsoever. Go right ahead and read my thread - even the last 5 pages (~300 pages in text) of it deal with cannon usage, with actual facts and sources INCLUDING personal testing.

I look forward to arguing with you after you finish reading it. You can take ydraisl's place.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

anyone who thinks you earn money with a cannon is just wrong lol. only exception being spectres with kwuarm gloves. cannons (and to a lesser extent piety) are to slayer as bursting is to mage. its just not as extreme though because mage isn't earning money for the 90% of the time you don't burst. I often get spectre tasks (I don't cannon these since the cash is to good to pass up), dust devil tasks, fire giant tasks, and others. those make money. I spend that money on the occasional dagannoth/kalphite task.

and if you just want your melees maxed then slayer isn't the fastest way to do it. everyone knows that. if you want your slayer level raised then you kind of need to do slayer lol.

cannon outside of slayer is just funny, come on you get better xp doing so much other cheaper things.

I'm sorry but I didn't read your slayer sucks thread (or not all of it) or queltars thingamawut. I have been saying and I know what happens to my cash pile when I do though.

anyone who thinks you earn money with a cannon is just wrong lol. only exception being spectres with kwuarm gloves. cannons (and to a lesser extent piety) are to slayer as bursting is to mage. its just not as extreme though because mage isn't earning money for the 90% of the time you don't burst.

and if you just want your melees maxed then slayer isn't the fastest way to do it. everyone knows that. if you want your slayer level raised then you kind of need to do slayer lol.

cannon outside of slayer is just funny, come on you get better xp doing so much other cheaper things.

I was referring to cannon with slayer, but without it is even stupider and less worth it. Not that I don't see people doing it all the time (even at yaks, where half their time is spent picking up their scattered knives and reloading their cannon). Sadly, the RS population is, on average, underage, unintelligent, and uninformed. The three 'un's of runescape. Sigh.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Sorry Robert, just the way that you took the cannon things and put in this thread I thought you cannoned almost all of your cannonable tasks.

And if its only those tasks, its fine.

Cause dagannoths are rare(ish) tasks, kalphites are blocked by so many people.

And not many people cannon bloodvelds, even though alot do, not at one time.

Oh and Langer, have you been stalking me fail-ly? Cause i dont jump from skills.

I stop.

And I have used a cannon.

I dont like them.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I was thinking about doing a themed thread and chose an AA-style thingamawut. Probably not the best idea but it made it less tedious to write. threads actually about those idiots who feel the need to whine whenever you set a cannon anywhere. come on each world at daggs can fit a cannoner and 2-3 fighters.

Eh, if you really enjoy it, keep it. And like someone earlier said, put public on friends. If you have the resources, why shouldn't you have high end gear (okay so its not THAT high end, but work with me)

Although I have a problem with people using cannons/chins to mainly train ranged, I have no problem with them using it to get by their daily slayer tasks. In fact, since it actually speeds up your task, it just means that you'll be outta the spot quicker than everyone else (Yay campers!) :lol:

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

I have a few suggestion for you. First of all, actually look something up so you can back up your facts before making inane statements. I suggest looking at Qeltar's monster slayer database. For starters you might want to read my 'slayer sucks' thread; I believe you will find this topic absolutely killed in the 800 or so pages of replies. Second of all, I wouldn't stoop to flaming someone as an argument (Although that's sort of what I'm doing ).At the rates that most people earn money - and how infrequently they do it - a cannon is NOT worth using. Slayer, using a cannon and piety for most tasks, will result in a SIGNIFICANT loss of cash. A cannon is fun and helpful for slaying - BUT NOT WORTH USING FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS. Don't go making stupid statements without any facts whatsoever. Go right ahead and read my thread - even the last 5 pages (~300 pages in text) of it deal with cannon usage, with actual facts and sources INCLUDING personal testing.

I look forward to arguing with you after you finish reading it. You can take ydraisl's place.

Well I'm kind of baffled that you took offence at my post in regards to Ray and to anyone calling someone a cannon noob... I agree that cannon usage in any way results in a loss of cash, let's put that aside because we both agree on that. You said that a cannon is fun and helpful for slaying... that's what I was saying, I use it on EVERY DAGANOTHS AND KALPHITE TASKS, not all tasks. I have 98 slayer with cannon experience on those two monsters alone. I never mentionned Piety so I don't know how this relates to what I was saying...and I have read your rant on slayer, it was well reasoned but like I said, not enough to make me steer away from my goal of 99 slayer.

I read Qeltar's guide, in fact Truthscape is a very nice site for other perspective on RS, too bad it's mostly outdated for the last 6 months.

As for the part about flaming Ray, at the time, he was popping up on the Held and Advice board every day asking for help and flaming anyone giving him help that didn't fit his point of view (so much for wanting help...I think he just wanted approbation...) and changing his goals every day or so.

On a last note, not everyone who plays RS do it do gain large sums of GPs, and not everyone who plays are willing to spend all those GPs to skill faster. It's a matter of choice. If I want to cannon my daganoths task so that it takes me only 14 minutes... call me a cannon noob, a slayer fool or plainly a no-lifer. My joy that Duradel will assign me something far away from you on the next task is my incentive and we'll both have fun while we're at it.

See you on that slayer sucks thread of yours!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Kill Dags in a pvp world. :thumbup:

I completely agree with that... if you don't like my cannon, go to a PVP world! :lol:

langerkiller.png

Runescape is why I support abortion.

i love you XD

On topic.

Just go sit in a cave and waste all your cannon balls, then sell cannon.

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

Keep your cannon by all means.

And if anyone tries to insult or shout at you, just tell them to:

- shut their mouth

- teleport elsewhere because no one likes them here

- and then make some money to get their own cannon

- then put them on your ignore list.

Problem solved. From this point on, they will probably either cry and log out because you told them to shut their mouth.

Or they will start acting macho and bad-mouthing you - in which case you have already ignored them. Once they find out you're not responding, they'll start following you like a 12 year old. Which is good, because then there'll be more slayer monsters for you to kill and gain exp instead.

And if they followed your advice to teleport away and make some money for a cannon instead, well great. Because then you'll get more monsters to kill, and more slayer exp to gain.

And lastly, HAVE FUN with your cannon! No one can deny you the joy of your cannon spitting out giant steel balls of steel towards monsters!

Fae_Rasachi.png

oh, sigs can update by themselves now? ^.^

I dont mind Cannon-users, its how they use it.

Im slaying Dagg's in the Lighthouse, now there's already 3 of us here and a lv130 waltz' in and set up his cannon. i asked im could he world hop as this location is already packed, his respose "gtfo noob, its nto my fault you cant afford a cannon".... WOW! where'd that come from?

now if your the only one there with a cannon, im going to be grateful and world hop as your already training there and its common courtesy. per'see my situation? ::'

Popoto.~<3

Im slaying Dagg's in the Lighthouse, now there's already 3 of us here and a lv130 waltz' in and set up his cannon. i asked im could he world hop as this location is already packed, his respose "gtfo noob, its nto my fault you cant afford a cannon".... WOW! where'd that come from?

now if your the only one there with a cannon, im going to be grateful and world hop as your already training there and its common courtesy. per'see my situation? ::'

Like robert said, there's no such thing as an empty dags world. What you have to understand also, a daganoths task will only take 15 minutes with a cannon... so we won't be there long. If I'm rude to you for no reason, then I'm either having a bad day and shouldn't play or a hacker got my password and is trying to get me ban...unlikely. Just remember, we are only there for 15 minutes. You could do that too if you'd liked, cost like 150k and your task is done in 15 minutes. Take a look at your seed invent after your task and judge by yourself if that cost is acceptable for fast slaying (I'm not advising cannon on non-slayer training...).

Have fun scaping

langerkiller.png

Use a cannon in response. 1337 & Mollypop ftl.