520 Days!

Captainkidd

[hide=Big Picture 1280 x 1024]picturewi6.jpg[/hide]Did I luck out or what? If I remember correctly every one thought that it was six months not logging in to RSC then you lose it. I've kept an active membership as I bought almost 500 days of it a couple years ago, I just never logged in.

~ Captainkidd

To be honest, a big reason why private servers even exist is because of Jagex's stubborn decision to not let anyone play the game if they didn't login 180 days after the two versions were separated. Instead of wasting all that money on legal fees or lawsuits, they could simply make money by allowing anyone to pay membership to play official RSC on their site.

The game will never die out completely, so why they decline to make further profit from it, is beyond me. Maybe it's a naive train of thought that it will just "fade away". Passed years say otherwise, people *still* still play it on their site. If they made it available again, Jagex wouldn't even have to buy new servers.

There wouldn't be that many new players, probably will never hit 1,000 simultaneous players online again, yet they'd make more money.

To be honest, a big reason why private servers even exist is because of Jagex's stubborn decision to not let anyone play the game if they didn't login 180 days after the two versions were separated. Instead of wasting all that money on legal fees or lawsuits, they could simply make money by allowing anyone to pay membership to play official RSC on their site.

The game will never die out completely, so why they decline to make further profit from it, is beyond me. Maybe it's a naive train of thought that it will just "fade away". Passed years say otherwise, people *still* still play it on their site. If they made it available again, Jagex wouldn't even have to buy new servers.

There wouldn't be that many new players, probably will never hit 1,000 simultaneous players online again, yet they'd make more money.

RSC + Funorb + Small fee = Win win.

Zerker_jane.png

I think the original intent was so that autoers wouldn't simply make an account to auto up and if it got banned just make a new one. Since they seem to have let autoing run rampant it doesn't really matter anymore though. People still auto as member yes, but I guess Jagex allows them to since they are profiting from it, or simply don't care anymore.

Jagex has never made any decisions upon the players satisfaction of all the years of my clicking and typing. I think that the Gower's want rsc gone, but leave what's there so they can say "there is rsc, sorry you can't play you quit HAHA" while picking their nose. So I say as I did before, blow me Jagex- Ruined a good game.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
At least Mod MMG gave us hope, he said that he would like to open RSC again in his answers :)

They can't re-open it without adressing the problems of all the autoers who i believe still play, if they were to ban them then there'd be no-one playing.

There's a big difference between wanting to re-open RSC and actually doing it, it never should have been closed to begin with, i think it was very shrewd by Jagex, people were almost forced into RS2 without having the option of returning, even i put my items on RS2 and decided to re-earn them on Rsc, though i did that purely for financial reasons and never actually used the items or in fact bothered to play rs2.

Unfortunately i think RSC has had it's day, but look on the bright side, if you were there... What a 'day' it was :)

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

At least Mod MMG gave us hope, he said that he would like to open RSC again in his answers :)

They can't re-open it without adressing the problems of all the autoers who i believe still play, if they were to ban them then there'd be no-one playing.

There's a big difference between wanting to re-open RSC and actually doing it, it never should have been closed to begin with, i think it was very shrewd by Jagex, people were almost forced into RS2 without having the option of returning, even i put my items on RS2 and decided to re-earn them on Rsc, though i did that purely for financial reasons and never actually used the items or in fact bothered to play rs2.

Unfortunately i think RSC has had it's day, but look on the bright side, if you were there... What a 'day' it was :)

They said they would give everyone cheat codes to get anything they wanted thus destroying any point in autoing.

Zerker_jane.png