runescape=dumb?

SacredFlam3s

Seriously, tell a dead-set WoW player and RuneScape hater, that you play RuneScape. Then, when he/she calls you a nerd or a loser etc, say 'At least people who play RuneScape don't dress up as characters for Blizzard conventions.' Talk about a shutdown!

Here's an interesting topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=770082. If you're interested, it seems like a lot of Runecape players would actually Cosplay as Runescape characters. But I totally agree that no one would dress up in RS gear at a Blizzard convention... :P Since it's not a Blizzard game. But that's beside the point.

My mate says that rs is a kids game with bad graphics and no-lifers

I actually enjoy playing Runescape more than I do playing such "stunning" beauties such as Fable 2, and Elder Scrolls. To me, graphics have no part in what makes a game enjoyable. You should try playing a MUD - they're all text-based RPGs, with no graphics whatsoever.

People who usually bash on RS are people who tried making characters, and could never really get good at the game :]

As far as the O.P. goes, just ignore them. Instead of fighting about RS vs. WoW, maybe strike up a conversation about a different, less controversial topic!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be absolutely honest, and it may be a bad idea to post on a RS forum, both games seem extremely boring and repetitive when it comes to gameplay.

Really, play a really good RPG like Diablo or Diablo II online and compare it to the actual game-content of RS and WoW. It's like comparing day and night.

The only, sole objective both in RS and WoW is raising your online ego and small numbers in your stat screen, plus gaining armor that becomes bigger and bulkier every 10 levels. How people get addicted to doing the exact same things 12 hours a day for months in the exact same locations, just to gain some virtual items, is beyond me. :shock:

The next time you "raid" a boss, just remember it's an animated .dds file with a number variable set as it's HP. Another animation is played when it's HP variable reaches 0. It's not an actual monster or boss. Is it worth spending 4 hours to kill it just to get some item on the 10th time? Even worse if you're the healer.. All you do is cast the same 2 buffs and heals for hours. How in the blue hell do people find that addicting...

The next time you "raid" a boss, just remember it's an animated .dds file with a number variable set as it's HP. Another animation is played when it's HP variable reaches 0. It's not an actual monster or boss. Is it worth spending 4 hours to kill it just to get some item on the 10th time? Even worse if you're the healer.. All you do is cast the same 2 buffs and heals for hours. How in the blue hell do people find that addicting...

You mean..All this time..The monsters are not real?

This is surely a stunning revelation.

Zerker_jane.png

To be absolutely honest, and it may be a bad idea to post on a RS forum, both games seem extremely boring and repetitive when it comes to gameplay.

Really, play a really good RPG like Diablo or Diablo II online and compare it to the actual game-content of RS and WoW. It's like comparing day and night.

The only, sole objective both in RS and WoW is raising your online ego and small numbers in your stat screen, plus gaining armor that becomes bigger and bulkier every 10 levels. How people get addicted to doing the exact same things 12 hours a day for months in the exact same locations, just to gain some virtual items, is beyond me. :shock:

Haha... this is somewhat amusing to me, because I played D2 for yeeeears.

Diablo 2 was really repetative.... for instance: Baal runs, Cow runs, Diabo runs, etc. You simply logged onto a server, found a Baal run game, logged in, killed Baal... logged out of that game... went and found a new game to kill Baal in... etc. etc. etc.

PKing was the same way: run out of the town, cast your traps and spells, etc., kill or be killed... run out of the town... cast your traps... etc.

It doesn't matter how "dynamic" the bosses in the game are. It's ALL repetative if you look at it objectively.

Honestly, from a stict graphics stand-point, there's handsdown no comparison. Games like D2 and WoW are FAR superior graphics-wise. Even with the new addition of HD modes, Runescape is still run off of a text-based program (Java.) It's really unfair to compare the graphics of these games.

Even with that being said, I really don't think the majority of players find the gameplay to be hampered by the graphics in Rune. In fact, I'm still playing in Standard mode. Yes, HD mode is far superior, but I much prefer the simplicity of the Standard mode.

(Ugggh, I really want to play D2 now... I miss my druid.)

Edit: I don't mean to sound offensive, btw. :-# I just think it's interesting..

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

It may be hard to believe, but yes. They don't have intricate, dark souls that constantly wait to be slain while you study algebra at school. They are animated frames that collapse once they have been hit a certain number of times. They were likely made by a 29-year old bored graphics designer while he sipped on coffee and worried about his holiday plans.

If a player were to lose sleep over not being able to "kill a boss".. Just open the texture folder, download a DDS viewer and watch the dying animation over and over. You can even paste the reward weapon texture and armors onto your desktop and make hundreds of them into a big wallpaper.

Or the other alternative, pay $15 a month, spend 10 hours a day and achieve the same end-result.. -.- Except the textures will just be placed in your virtual inventory and character avatar, instead of your desktop, giving you bragging rights and a few seconds of computer game glory.

bah. WoW people make fun of us cause they get ripped on for playing WoW :geek: . people who do that are so sad. its just a game, and if you cant deal with that, then go jump in a pool of staples and thumbtacks.

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

It may be hard to believe, but yes. They don't have intricate, dark souls that constantly wait to be slain while you study algebra at school. They are animated frames that collapse once they have been hit a certain number of times. They were likely made by a 29-year old bored graphics designer while he sipped on coffee and worried about his holiday plans.

This..Is astounding..Have you approached the media with this yet?

If a player were to lose sleep over not being able to "kill a boss".. Just open the texture folder, download a DDS viewer and watch the dying animation over and over. You can even paste the reward weapon texture and armors onto your desktop and make hundreds of them into a big wallpaper.

Now i'm sure even you can understand how it is a little bit different watching a boss monster die and killing it yourself.

and before you say it, I know you're not physically killing it yourself.

Zerker_jane.png

The one thing that I've noticed is that this only seems to be a school-yard topic. I'm not dogging on any of you younger folks either. This game is made of many users from all ages. And its a good diversity. That being said, the majority of these WoW vs Runescape topics seem to be the child-like taunting in schools. What I mean is that I haven't really seen anyone say something along the lines of "My friend at work makes fun of me because I play Runescape." I remember how it was in school, and for all you still in it...just hang in there. This kind of behavior, for the most part, goes away once you get through it. I have friends in real life that are WoW players and Runescape players. Ironically, we all get along just fine. Mainly because we are simply classed as "Gamers." We sometimes talk about the differences in the games, and yes believe me I've had to fight to defend Runescape's reputation. But its never to the point of hatred towards others. We drink and party as friends and can let all the BS about games fall to the wayside. Again, just hang in there...

Hmm I am nearly 20 years old and attending university. I am not afraid to show who I am, in fact one of my favorite shirts happens to be my Tip.It shirt.

I have only 1 advice for you: Do not conform to others expectations, if they do not accept you they will not be a good friend anyways.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I still think RS is a better choice over WoW

No need to buy the game and its expansions wich saves you like 70-90 euro? on the game itself

No monthly payment of 13 euro, we got 6-7 euro a month wich is reasonable

Many skills to train instead of 2 skills u can train in wow

better community in my eyes

2-3 updates a month instead of 1 update every 1,2 or 3 months?

Calm_Koala.png

Ok.. Lol. My school is super super ghetto - ghetto as in full of gangbangers and stuff like that- The people who talk about WOW, RS, of ANYTHING are practically alaughing stock atmy school. Lol, so yeah, I dont see how either one is nerdier than the other.

But- the people that do play WOW at my schoolare pretty weird, and nobody ever talks about it anyways, it is just likea secret everyone keeps. Unless you happen to be caught in the computer lab while on a WOW site or like Tip.it, thats even how i found out one of my GOOD FRIENDS played rs, imlike DUDE why didnt you tell me #-o ! lol. But yeah

RS > WOW :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

i really don't care if anyone knows that i play runescape.

my friend and me were talking about it in art class.

and like ten other kids joined the conversation, it was funny.

but all the girls in the class were looking at us wierd. but they're [bleep]y little skanks anyways so it doesn't matter.

I feel uncomfortable talking about things like RS in school, just cuz it's weird.

"Dude did you get 99 wc yet?"

"No, I still need to get a Dragon Axe... Maybe I should get 99 rc instead?"

I'm not stubborn and denial about it, I just kinda don't bring it up and stuff. People would probably forget anyways.

And at school I'm already the kinda guy who probably plays WoW (I don't) anyways among my friends :twss:

To each their own.

But I remember when I used to play runescape with my friend, we would just mock it.

"OLOL I OWNED U WITH A RUBBA CHICKEN."

Yeah. Not my best years.

in fact one of my favorite shirts happens to be my Tip.It shirt.

...There are Tip.it tshirts? O_O

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Tip.it-> Community -> Tip.It Online Shop ;)

runescape=gay?

What an absolutely ridiculous thread title.

Agreed.

To each their own.

But I remember when I used to play runescape with my friend, we would just mock it.

"OLOL I OWNED U WITH A RUBBA CHICKEN."

Yeah. Not my best years.

http://www.cafepress.com/rstipit ;)

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

runescape=gay?

Agreed.

yea it is.

but from what i've experienced...thats what everyone calls rs

at least i dont spend a [cabbage]load of cash on a game

im reffering to WoW

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

runescape=gay?

Agreed.

yea it is.

but from what i've experienced...thats what everyone calls rs

at least i dont spend a [cabbage]load of cash on a game

im referring to WoW

who gives a [donkey] if you play runescape, its a game, games are meant to be enjoyed, and if you're enjoing it, then be proud of what you play.

just not to the point that you play the game 24/7 -.-

sorry mods...got confused with the quote and edit...again..

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me