Behind the Scenes � December

Toad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i weigh all those things to come to my conclusions.

You mean your complete lack of insight into how game development works?

Jagex doesn't delay stuff because they slacked off or came into work drunk, they delay it because there is something wrong with it. Take Sebastian Gno, a random event announced at the same time as the Sandwich Lady, never came out. Wilderness tag was delayed and eventually scrapped because, despite getting to the stage where it was mentioned in the behind the scenes, it just wasn't fun.

Games get delayed for months, even years, because problems arise that weren't foreseen. Take Half Life 2, that was delayed for several years because someone hacked and released the source code. Delays happen, not always because of slacking. Now Duke Nukem Forever, that was delayed because of the moron developers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Jagex doesn't delay stuff because they slacked off or came into work drunk, they delay it because there is something wrong with it.

i was using an example of someone NOT doing their job right. maybe you see the connection? no cabbage there's something wrong with stealing creation qa, THEY MISSED a lot of stuff before they released it. they being qa which you're so high on.

a particularly strange habit for a quality assurance department. thus causing our updates to get postponed. other updates not worked on and delayed (ie mobilising armies qa) and current problems not getting resolved. because they didnt do their job right. get it? no you clearly dont. you can make excuses for them but i'm calling it as i see it.

crap job by qa on this that and the other ALL YEAR LONG. and i fully expect that to continue with mobilising armies AND THE STEALING CREATION TWEAKS. so, say what you like, but facts are facts.

and when they're not busy missing bugs and problems with updates they are busy tweaking existing content so that it meets with the loudest whiner's approval. giving in and changing the game for the worse many times. making the game "easier" so the lazy can achieve mediocrity; while everyone else loses interest because their achievements are cheapened. but whatever; dont rock the boat right.

not to say anything about the content that has yet to be released which has been put off due to going back and fixing the problems that should have been dealt with already. i could say they're doing a lousy job but there's more to it than that. they're doing a lousy job and it's affecting the progress of updates, and it's been like this all year long. so, yeah i think they deserve the criticism. everytime i look at the non-stacking tools and armour from stealing creation in my bank; i shake my head.

to say that the reason jagex is delaying the ma update is because brilliant qa found something wrong is ridiculous. more likely jagex sees what a lousy job they did and decided they'd extend the process to make sure they get it right this time. which they probably wont anyway but that's what i think.

now that i got that off my chest, i'm optimistic that 2009 will be a great year for updates; as well as the december updates. 2008 was pretty good overall; so it's not like they didnt get some things done and they did a lot right; i'm just not going to ignore the things they didnt get right. #-o

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Jagex doesn't delay stuff because they slacked off or came into work drunk, they delay it because there is something wrong with it.

i was using an example of someone NOT doing their job right. maybe you see the connection? no cabbage there's something wrong with stealing creation qa, THEY MISSED a lot of stuff before they released it. they being qa which you're so high on.

a particularly strange habit for a quality assurance department. thus causing our updates to get postponed. other updates not worked on and delayed (ie mobilising armies qa) and current problems not getting resolved. because they didnt do their job right. get it? no you clearly dont. you can make excuses for them but i'm calling it as i see it.

crap job by qa on this that and the other ALL YEAR LONG. and i fully expect that to continue with mobilising armies AND THE STEALING CREATION TWEAKS. so, say what you like, but facts are facts.

and when they're not busy missing bugs and problems with updates they are busy tweaking existing content so that it meets with the loudest whiner's approval. giving in and changing the game for the worse many times. making the game "easier" so the lazy can achieve mediocrity; while everyone else loses interest because their achievements are cheapened. but whatever; dont rock the boat right.

not to say anything about the content that has yet to be released which has been put off due to going back and fixing the problems that should have been dealt with already. i could say they're doing a lousy job but there's more to it than that. they're doing a lousy job and it's affecting the progress of updates, and it's been like this all year long. so, yeah i think they deserve the criticism. everytime i look at the non-stacking tools and armour from stealing creation in my bank; i shake my head.

I believe your original beef was that MA was being pushed back. More than likely, QA (that you seem to really dislike) found something wrong with it.

You can't bash Jagex for postponing content, then bash them again for releasing it too early. Pick a side.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Really, a fringe isn't bad on depth perception. Even with jet black hair. Frankly, I like it so it doesn't really matter what you think about my hair. :thumbup:

Nah, I was just kidding around. I'm -way- too old for some haircut like that, but whatever makes you happy.

stormveritas.png

2 Diary : wondefull

Haircuts : no hairs for my character 8D

New event + quest : will help some to reach 270 qp

French servers : Ready to be my favorite.

Finalement, on va pouvoir se parler sans se faire insulter !

Oh baby light the dark side...

Now that one took a translator. -.-

For everyone else... romu000 said, "Finally, we will be able to speak without being insulting!" ::'

~D. V. "I'll have to really start learning French..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Now that one took a translator. -.-

For everyone else... romu000 said, "Finally, we will be able to speak without being insulting!" ::'

~D. V. "I'll have to really start learning French..." Devnull

Haha thats funny. Im excited for the French worlds. Im taking french in school right now and I've always wanted to have a reason to play RS while doing my french homework. :P and I'm surprised I knew what he said. WOOT ::'

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

Devnull, he said 'Finally, we will be able to speak without being insulted' ;-)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Devnull, he said 'Finally, we will be able to speak without being insulted' ;-)
Then Google fails for not translating properly. As for me, I fail for picking them to translate the text. -.-

~Mr. "Damn... Fail." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

a particularly strange habit for a quality assurance department. thus causing our updates to get postponed. other updates not worked on and delayed (ie mobilising armies qa) and current problems not getting resolved. because they didnt do their job right. get it? no you clearly dont. you can make excuses for them but i'm calling it as i see it. What updates got postponed? Mobilizing Armies? Yeah, that's one. Good luck with your math exams.

crap job by qa on this that and the other ALL YEAR LONG. and i fully expect that to continue with mobilising armies AND THE STEALING CREATION TWEAKS. so, say what you like, but facts are facts. Fact is you CAN'T work out everything using ONLY a QA team. Guess what, players might not use this and that as intended.

and when they're not busy missing bugs and problems with updates they are busy tweaking existing content so that it meets with the loudest whiner's approval. giving in and changing the game for the worse many times. making the game "easier" so the lazy can achieve mediocrity; while everyone else loses interest because their achievements are cheapened. but whatever; dont rock the boat right. 'Cause it's such fun to spend countless hours doing the same thing, right? Isn't it?

not to say anything about the content that has yet to be released which has been put off due to going back and fixing the problems that should have been dealt with already. i could say they're doing a lousy job but there's more to it than that. they're doing a lousy job and it's affecting the progress of updates, and it's been like this all year long. so, yeah i think they deserve the criticism. everytime i look at the non-stacking tools and armour from stealing creation in my bank; i shake my head. Stop bringing that up? It's one update, get over it.

to say that the reason jagex is delaying the ma update is because brilliant qa found something wrong is ridiculous. more likely jagex sees what a lousy job they did and decided they'd extend the process to make sure they get it right this time. which they probably wont anyway but that's what i think. QA doesn't do a lousy job. Perhaps it isn't only about QA, Possibly about the development that took longer than they thought? You're talking about things you know NOTHING of.

i'm just not going to ignore the things they didnt get right. #-o

They're human after all. If you expect people to never mess up, you're going to live in disappointment.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Finally french worlds! I have been dieing for another empty world ever since the german worlds became crowded

I don't think that's what they were intended for :lol:

Good for me, I'm from Canada and I mildly understand Francais ;)

Looks like a good month, a good and solid update from action packed few months before us. I haven't been given the chance to absorb all the updates all at once :wall:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I'm going to force myself in the French server for school, and since I'm asian i would love an asian haircut.
Aye, and since I'm Irish I want a beard thick enough to hide a chicken in and a bottle of fine Irish Whiskey. But we'll both have to keep dreaming... oh wait, never mind. Just me... Oh Danny boy...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm going to force myself in the French server for school, and since I'm asian i would love an asian haircut.
Aye, and since I'm Irish I want a beard thick enough to hide a chicken in and a bottle of fine Irish Whiskey. But we'll both have to keep dreaming... oh wait, never mind. Just me... Oh Danny boy...

You and me both. :(

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I learned most of my German playing Pokemon on my GBA, so Aurian, it does help.