The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

there existed already more or less complete images once about how the "true" worldmap looks like. Of course they are no longer complete, but they are correct with respect to what can be seen ingame by looking from one dungeon to the next.

the problem with these "correct" maps is, that entrance locations to the dungeons do not really fit everywhere with the main worldmap. In some places the spacial arrangement does fit, but in other places it is wrong. So the technical placement of dungeons is sometimes different than what the ingame experience suggests.

73067110hw5.jpg

86574111pc6.jpg

.: Systemless :.

systemless.png

[hide=]there existed already more or less complete images once about how the "true" worldmap looks like. Of course they are no longer complete, but they are correct with respect to what can be seen ingame by looking from one dungeon to the next.

the problem with these "correct" maps is, that entrance locations to the dungeons do not really fit everywhere with the main worldmap. In some places the spacial arrangement does fit, but in other places it is wrong. So the technical placement of dungeons is sometimes different than what the ingame experience suggests.

73067110hw5.jpg

86574111pc6.jpg[/hide]

If this is valid... it's freaking awesome =D>

EDIT: I've been looking at the maps for a few minutes, and it looks good. Almost all our finds are one there, and sometimes we got it wrong and these things got it right. For example, the 'underground mountains' are the Agility Arena, and the cave west of the Troll Stronghold is the Kendal's Lair, visited during Mountain Daughter. Not the Slayer dungeon, that one lies below the Lair.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

How.. the.. hell

Where are the normal dungons? Varrock, edge, underground pass, ALOT is missing from there. But most of the instanced areas look good

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

[hide=Big Quote]

[hide=Underground Karamja Mountains (Agility Arena?)]

The dungeon beside the Unerground Karamja Mountains is Brimhaven Dungeon (where you pay 875gp to enter, one with metal dragons). The pryamid-shape on the minimap is the entrance to the dungeon.Checked this, seems that Brimhaven Dungeon entrance is very different on the minimap, still thinking it is the Agility Arena since it's more logical for older areas to be accurate, open to being proved wrong ;)

Im not sure if you said this, but I think that RuneScape has no "dungeons" or underground levels. I think its all just the ground floor and the floors above ground level.Indeed, that is the main theory of this thread :)

Im going F2P soon, and this will give me time to look for some. I really like this thread. Thanks!:twss:

Comments in bold :)

Off to Temple Trekking now!

Did you check the minimap on Tip.It or in game? Because I was just recently there, and the look changed. The minimap on Tip.It is outdated, and the newer one looks exactly like the one in the picture. Please to and check it out, if not, then Ill go =).

They are similar, but I can confirm that what we see is Karamja Agility Arena. This is what Brimhaven looks like, and the AA can also be seen here. I went to the AA and the Jogre Dungeon and the Crandor Dungeons can both be seen, as well as the pyramid area. It was a good thought though :)

Trip to Brimhaven:

brimmwtfed2.png

[/hide]

Okay, thanks.

Im gonna go look for some now lol Im bored.

there existed already more or less complete images once about how the "true" worldmap looks like. Of course they are no longer complete, but they are correct with respect to what can be seen ingame by looking from one dungeon to the next.

Images

This made my day.

This is so brilliant, I can't even begin to say how awesome this is. I had started on such an image, and had everything we had found so far, but this takes it to a whole new level, with countless things we haven't found. Although I would like to confirm some of them, I can confirm most of these already due to places I visited without taking pictures and such. Where did you get these images, or did you make them yourself? Brilliant find! Kudos to you!

So basically I will begin work on the final map. I plan to make a clearer PNG version as well as a low quality JPEG, perhaps at a larger scale as well (100%). On top of that, I will add in all our finds not shown on the map.

Also, since Jagex occasionally rearranges the map, some of these are inaccurate. Nevertheless, I commend whoever made that image. Superb work!

Edit: I would like to think that some of these locations were found using coordinates before the update (which prevented that), as some are way too far apart to be seen from other locations, so they are not confirmable.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Images

This made my day.

This is so brilliant, I can't even begin to say how awesome this is. I had started on such an image, and had everything we had found so far, but this takes it to a whole new level, with countless things we haven't found. Although I would like to confirm some of them, I can confirm most of these already due to places I visited without taking pictures and such. Where did you get these images, or did you make them yourself? Brilliant find! Kudos to you!

So basically I will begin work on the final map. I plan to make a clearer PNG version as well as a low quality JPEG, perhaps at a larger scale as well (100%). On top of that, I will add in all our finds not shown on the map.

Also, since Jagex occasionally rearranges the map, some of these are inaccurate. Nevertheless, I commend whoever made that image. Superb work!

Edit: I would like to think that some of these locations were found using coordinates before the update (which prevented that), as some are way too far apart to be seen from other locations, so they are not confirmable.

A private server was definitely used to make this. Very good work though. Braindeath's location is stupid... coordinates 2150, 5100. :lol:

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

How is that map in comparison to the world map?

And how was it made? Hack the game engine? <3

I'm going to edit it to show locations of KNOWN places :P

Seriously, how was this made?

As far as I can remember the above images came from the official runescape worldmap, although they where never published officially.

About making a true map, I myself choose not to map 100% exactly what the game might use internally. Reasons for that:

- dungeon entrance locations do not fit everywhere, even in cases where ladders are used. This is ok if the geometry layout is used just internally with "teleports" and hidden mostly from the user.

- for some locations there are more than one "copy". This is ok again, if you need two versions of a location for a quest, but for a map it is very unnatural

- some dungeons are at obviously wrong locations. Again this is ok technically but does not result in a nice map.

So I tried to create a map which pictures as accurate as possible what the ingame experience of the dungeon map is like. Every dungeon got its place where one would expect it from playing the game. Everything which does not have any location link ingame or which overlaps with a dungeon I placed on a third map.

The result can be seen on our German RsCommunity Helpsite for those interested (Switch to dungeon level with the red "!").

http://www.rscommunity.de/rune/map/mapplet.php

systemless.png

A private server was definitely used to make this. Very good work though. Braindeath's location is stupid... coordinates 2150, 5100. :lol:

It certainly wasn't made the way we've been doing it ;) Half of these things aren't visible from each other even with widescreen HD 1920x1200 resolution.

As far as I can remember the above images came from the official runescape worldmap, although they where never published officially.

About making a true map, I myself choose not to map 100% exactly what the game might use internally. Reasons for that:

- dungeon entrance locations do not fit everywhere, even in cases where ladders are used. This is ok if the geometry layout is used just internally with "teleports" and hidden mostly from the user.

- for some locations there are more than one "copy". This is ok again, if you need two versions of a location for a quest, but for a map it is very unnatural

- some dungeons are at obviously wrong locations. Again this is ok technically but does not result in a nice map.

So I tried to create a map which pictures as accurate as possible what the ingame experience of the dungeon map is like. Every dungeon got its place where one would expect it from playing the game. Everything which does not have any location link ingame or which overlaps with a dungeon I placed on a third map.

The result can be seen on our German RsCommunity Helpsite for those interested (Switch to dungeon level with the red "!").

http://www.rscommunity.de/rune/map/mapplet.php

I can't load it right now, but it sounds like a great tool.

The point of this thread is to get the unnatural, yet true map ;)

Edit: Where exactly did you get the image? I need to know if there's anyone besides you to credit.

I added what I think everything is

[hide=]map1.jpg

map2.jpg[/hide]

Great work on the Deutsch map!

I don't see god wars anywhere on the map..

Ow ow! Forgot to crop them.

Wkw got most of them, I added a few.

Also, I would like to not that this map was definitely not constructed through ordinary means. Either this was leaked by Jagex at one point, or a Private Server was used. Many of the areas shown are places where it is impossible to take a minimap screenshot, or move around to see the surroundings.

Who really cares if it was extracted from a private server? I don't!

Where is the blood alter?

Whoever extracted it, could you give a date of the client build?

Perhaps that black square is the blood alter

Who really cares if it was extracted from a private server? I don't!

Where is the blood alter?

Whoever extracted it, could you give a date of the client build?

Perhaps that black square is the blood alter

I don't care that much either, I just think its' worth mentioning for future reference as some of these locations have changed.

Blood Altar and Soul Altar could have planned locations in those black squares. This map is probably half a year to a year old.

I think the second image is geographically north of the first.

My labels, I missed a few, still thinking about what they are:

halfht4.jpg

- You have the gold mine before and after quest, reversed.

- Cabin Fever Other Boat IAs is incorrect. That's actually the Fishing Trawler.

- Below "Legends Quest Dungeon 1", that foresty area is the cutscene from Recigide where you blast the king's tent.

- North of Water Altar is the Uzer Dungeon from The Golem.

- West of Blast Furnace is the big train maze from Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf. Most of the area is on height level 2 which is why it looks like a big empty square on this map.

- Very small area south of Chaos Altar is the hermit's cave (west of Burthorpe, south of Death Plateau).

- South of what I just mentioned is the KBD lair.

- South of Gnome Hangar is the dungeon under Tree Gnome Village (used in The Eyes of Glouphire and a couple other quests).

- Southeast of the Legends Quest Dungeon 1 (VERY TINY) is ???. (sorry I don't know this one)

- East of the above is the Lighthouse, which you have marked, and east of THAT... I THINK is the area with the dragon K'klik from RFD, in the cutscene where he flambes your dish.

- West of the Maze is NOT Temple Trekking. The northwest one is the place where you fight vampires during the In Aid of the Myreque quest. The southeast one doesn't look familiar to me but is probably from the same quest... now that I take a second look at it, I'm fairly certain it is.

- The small area north of where you marked "Haunted Mine" is also part of the Haunted Mine... perhaps you should mark it twice? Or put a circle?

- You'll hardly believe this, but that TINY dot north of the Abyss is the Rogues' Dungeon in Burthorpe. The reason you don't see it on the minimap is because the main area is on height level 1.

- West of Mime is the Quizmaster.

- South of that is the Keldagrim Rat Pits.

- Again, you might want to mark that everything from east of "Randoms" to directly south of Fight Caves, is "Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble".

- East of POH Render and west of the lower part of Braindeath Island, is ???. (sorry I don't know this one)

Also, you are correct about the second image being geographically north of the first.

Also, to the comment about the blood and soul altars...

Cosmic, Death, Chaos, , Nature, Law, Body, Fire, Earth, Water, Mind, Air, Rune Essence, , Abyss

All the runecrafting stuff is near each other. There's conveniently two blanks, so you are probably right. Since that map is old, the blood altar is not present but I'll try to find out where it is.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

- You have the gold mine before and after quest, reversed.

- Cabin Fever Other Boat IAs is incorrect. That's actually the Fishing Trawler.

- Below "Legends Quest Dungeon 1", that foresty area is the cutscene from Recigide where you blast the king's tent.

- North of Water Altar is the Uzer Dungeon from The Golem.

- West of Blast Furnace is the big train maze from Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf. Most of the area is on height level 2 which is why it looks like a big empty square on this map.

- Very small area south of Chaos Altar is the hermit's cave (west of Burthorpe, south of Death Plateau).

- South of what I just mentioned is the KBD lair.

- South of Gnome Hangar is the dungeon under Tree Gnome Village (used in The Eyes of Glouphire and a couple other quests).

- Southeast of the Legends Quest Dungeon 1 (VERY TINY) is ???. (sorry I don't know this one)

- East of the above is the Lighthouse, which you have marked, and east of THAT... I THINK is the area with the dragon K'klik from RFD, in the cutscene where he flambes your dish.

- West of the Maze is NOT Temple Trekking. The northwest one is the place where you fight vampires during the In Aid of the Myreque quest. The southeast one doesn't look familiar to me but is probably from the same quest... now that I take a second look at it, I'm fairly certain it is.

- The small area north of where you marked "Haunted Mine" is also part of the Haunted Mine... perhaps you should mark it twice? Or put a circle?

- You'll hardly believe this, but that TINY dot north of the Abyss is the Rogues' Dungeon in Burthorpe. The reason you don't see it on the minimap is because the main area is on height level 1.

- West of Mime is the Quizmaster.

- South of that is the Keldagrim Rat Pits.

- Again, you might want to mark that everything from east of "Randoms" to directly south of Fight Caves, is "Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble".

- East of POH Render and west of the lower part of Braindeath Island, is ???. (sorry I don't know this one)

Also, you are correct about the second image being geographically north of the first.

Also, to the comment about the blood and soul altars...

Cosmic, Death, Chaos, , Nature, Law, Body, Fire, Earth, Water, Mind, Air, Rune Essence, , Abyss

All the runecrafting stuff is near each other. There's conveniently two blanks, so you are probably right. Since that map is old, the blood altar is not present but I'll try to find out where it is.

Hehe, sorry I didn't respond earlier, I really (REALLY) <3:<3: Soul Wars right now (free 300k hp XP please?)

This is so helpful! I definitely have forgotten some of those old quest areas and randoms that I never seem to get, lol. And I have never done the Trawler minigame, which would explain why I sort of guessed what those water areas were. Let me know if you pick up on anything else, you've been a great help so far :D

Currently, I'm working on a larger, PNG detailed version of this image that includes all areas to date (this map is at least a year old). That will be my project for a bit.

[hide=]

I think the second image is geographically north of the first.

My labels, I missed a few, still thinking about what they are:

halfht4.jpg

[/hide]

not to be harsh because this is amazing, but the gold mine during/after quest labels should be swapped. when i see temple kights training ground, i see it from the west side of the mines, not east.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'd still like to get a current up to date map!

Why doesn't Jagex put this map on the site? It would serve no purpose other then for "wow, neat huh?", woldn' it?