The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

Yeah, I took a trip over there to check it out, and I didn't find anything (Quest Cape is ftl for this thread :P ), thanks for clarifying, your picture is still great!

And thank you for reminding me about Iban's Lair, I forgot all about that :P

Fully Labelled w/ Credits and added areas coming soon!

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

If you go to the doors of Iban's Temple in Underground Pass after the quest you can still see Iban there. So there are two temples: during-quest and after-quest versions.

There are two versions of Ibans temple.

The one that ALWAYS exists in the underground pass. It has Iban and the dangerous.. things. You go in it to kill him and finish the quest.

The second one is the one you go in when you start regicide. It is the temple, but somewhere away from the pass. It has the wizards and you are able to go through the well.

The second only loads when you go in and have finished the quest

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

What I think would be a key thing to point out is the map when you open it up in a dungoen or something it takes you to lumby they have it snap there so you won't seee the "hidden plane" your on

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

Possibly.

When you could use the sextant, where did the air alter locate you?

That, coupled with knowing the CB lair is in 107 wildy, we might be able to put a location to the second map

The Corporeal Lair being in 107 means there are 50 wilderness levels in between the edge of the wilderness and the Lair. I think the map we have now is that 50 levels of wilderness.

No, that the wilderness levles get larger the further north you went.

I played a private server a few years back trying in vain to find these hidden areas. I used ::noclip and I walked north of the wildy to like 80 wilderness, which is all water. I got bored and decided to quit.

If levle 1-50 wildy has X amount of squares, then 1-107 would have 2x+7 squares, we could make a map of how far north of the wildy is the corp lair

whats the place by the west wall of ogre enclave?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The area before you finish the quest. It has the skivid caves

u sure? its a huge place...not small caverns..

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

If i remember correctly, 8 squares is equal to one wilderness level.

I'm fairly sure that it's been much reduced since Bounty Hunter and such were added.

Maybe half of that or less...

All of these places in the Wilderness may not be as far off as we think.

2dgucz6.png

I'm fairly sure that it's been much reduced since Bounty Hunter and such were added.

With every new addition to the game they probably just expand more north. Updates that happened next to each other in chronological order are next to each other on the map.

An exception is Soul Wars, which I have confirmed to be where they say it is (coordinates used). I mean expansion north in terms of new dungeons, etc.

I'm willing to bet the Tormented Demons are north of the wild somewhere, but I've explored all around that place and can't find any other areas.

Of the Skavid caves, there is one huge area surrounded by smaller ones. Look closely and you'll see. The largest area is the one you go into when you don't have the map during the quest, I believe. I am 100% certain it's the Skavid caves, though.

West of that area is Slash Bash's lair from the Zogre quest.

West of THAT... is the Observatory dungeon.

No, because otherwise the top of the wilderness wouldn't be level 56 anymore; it would be 112 or more if what you're suggesting was true.

unknownareaek1.th.png

Top left hand courner, there is quite a bit there but you can only see a little bit at a time. Goes from grey to green.

If someone can get me the coordinates for that Mr. Mordaut random event, I should be able to tell you what's north of it.

---

Also, I'd like to point out a map peculiarity. Remember this?

It first appeared around the same time that construction came out. People with private clients have stated that the area was used to test PoH items.

I'm not sure I believe that because it doesn't seem likely Jagex would create an area so near to the mainland. Also, why was it shaped so very oddly? Secondly, the POH location as seen on the other maps, is WAY far north... west of Braindeath Island in fact, which is the current world map's height-worth north of Lunar Isle... why not just use that for testing?

World_Map_Leak.png

(from RuneScape Wikia... although *I* gave it to them, actually)

Now take a look at THIS image:

peculiaritykr4.png

Notice I have highlighted in red where the previous glob of land appeared. We cannot go to the east coast of the Soul Wars island, and if we could, might be able to see that area. Due to this restriction, I wonder if it's still there...?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Of the Skavid caves, there is one huge area surrounded by smaller ones. Look closely and you'll see. The largest area is the one you go into when you don't have the map during the quest, I believe. I am 100% certain it's the Skavid caves, though.

No, because otherwise the top of the wilderness wouldn't be level 56 anymore; it would be 112 or more if what you're suggesting was true.

unknownareaek1.th.png

Top left hand courner, there is quite a bit there but you can only see a little bit at a time. Goes from grey to green.

If someone can get me the coordinates for that Mr. Mordaut random event, I should be able to tell you what's north of it.

---

It first appeared around the same time that construction came out. People with private clients have stated that the area was used to test PoH items.

I'm not sure I believe that because it doesn't seem likely Jagex would create an area so near to the mainland. Also, why was it shaped so very oddly? Secondly, the POH location as seen on the other maps, is WAY far north... west of Braindeath Island in fact, which is the current world map's height-worth north of Lunar Isle... why not just use that for testing?

Image that I hid.

Image that I hid.

Notice I have highlighted in red where the previous glob of land appeared. We cannot go to the east coast of the Soul Wars island, and if we could, might be able to see that area. Due to this restriction, I wonder if it's still there...?

I love this post! Indeed, I do remember that small leak, and you have some good evidence that it may still be there. Great images!

Reported for stealing from yourself :P

I remember you saying Braindeath Coordinates were ridiculous. Could that be part of the game (Braindeath's location is to remain anonymous so the pirates have some sort of coordinate blocking magic) or its true technical location?

there exists another image which could be interesting in this context ;)

its only in black and white and the compression is a bit strong, but you can still see the layout of the main plane. And braindeath is here about one worldmap height north of lunar isle.

the center region of the landscape north of the main land of Runescape seems to match pretty well with the second image from page 16.

one strange thing about this image are the three instances of the bounty hunter locations in the north east corner of the image. If you compare their size to the size of the actual bounty hunter minigame in the wilderness then you see that they are about 1.5 times larger. Either the map is wrong, or Jagex cheated when they created the minigame. Which is true could be checked ingame I guess by comparing the size of the location from the inside to the size of the outside.

48559052py7.jpg

systemless.png

[hide=Quotes]

unknownareaek1.th.png

---

Image that I hid.

Image that I hid.

I love this post! Indeed, I do remember that small leak, and you have some good evidence that it may still be there. Great images!

Reported for stealing from yourself :P[/hide]

I remember you saying Braindeath Coordinates were ridiculous. Could that be part of the game (Braindeath's location is to remain anonymous so the pirates have some sort of coordinate blocking magic) or its true technical location?

Yes. Due to Braindeath's technical location, its location as far as the game's story goes, will remain secret forever. Unless they pull something really stupid like showing Braindeath's actual location relative to the rest of the map, and just pretend the rest of all the area is water. I doubt it, though. I wish they'd just put it off the coast of Morytania... I suppose they could just move it later.

there exists another image which could be interesting in this context ;)

its only in black and white and the compression is a bit strong, but you can still see the layout of the main plane. And braindeath is here about one worldmap height north of lunar isle.

the center region of the landscape north of the main land of Runescape seems to match pretty well with the second image from page 16.

one strange thing about this image are the three instances of the bounty hunter locations in the north east corner of the image. If you compare their size to the size of the actual bounty hunter minigame in the wilderness then you see that they are about 1.5 times larger. Either the map is wrong, or Jagex cheated when they created the minigame. Which is true could be checked ingame I guess by comparing the size of the location from the inside to the size of the outside.

48559052py7.jpg

How strange. There is a square bit of map north of Mos Le'Harmless which is part of Morytania...

How new is that map? It must be from at least halfway through 2008 because the island from Rocking Out is on there...

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Where did you get that render?

It is VERY hard to tell what anything is in black and white..

If you riped it yourself, personaly, could you tell the date of the client you riped it from, or could you get a world map render/w color? Or that kind with color!

PLEASE!?1

Or if it is too big when it is in high quality, upload somewhere else as a zip?

Where did you get that render?

It is VERY hard to tell what anything is in black and white..

If you riped it yourself, personaly, could you tell the date of the client you riped it from, or could you get a world map render/w color? Or that kind with color!

PLEASE!?1

According to our PM conversation he found it somewhere on the internet awhile back which he archived. Now he's just posting what's on his computer.

Idk if we should be discussing use of private servers/illegal activities on this thread, maybe you guys can take it to PM.

We're not discussing private servers, only the fact that something was removed from a private server =p

Mmk :D

OT: This new B/W map seems to reveal the general layout a lot more than individual places, it's still very helpful. Thanks Systemless!

Yes. It looks like some stuff was moved around. Alot.

That, or I can't tell what the stuff is :\

What are those 3 similar areas in the far north east?