The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

I haven't read any except for the original post and the pictures, so if someone has already said this, forgive me.

I'm very sure that some alternate places can be seen from the Puro-Puro maze. You should probably check out the sides of it.

2dgucz6.png

That's a thought Daxter, I'll see if I can go back to that area.

Gavati, one person gave us a pic earlier, I haven't explored it further, but I'll look into it.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

When you open your ingame map, your map shows the exact spot where you are. On normal

level.I opened my map at the greater demons in Brimhaven dungeon, and the map opened at.. Lumbridge swamp. So my guess is that that the dungeon is right under it..

Maybe this type of location helps with other parts of the map too.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

if you go to the hellhound dungeon, the one used for family crest, click the map icon and the map locates you in lumbridge swamp area...

The world map defaults you to Lumbridge if you are somewhere which is not on the map.

That theory has been discussed a bit before ;)

I'm having trouble placing the 'Varrock Sewers - Abyss' picture posted by Z8w. I myself made a map of the Abyss and Abyssal Area together, with help from a picture posted here by Homer205, but if I look at the piece of Abyss visible from Varrock Sewers, I can't place it anywhere! It has to be a northwest edge of either the Abyss or Abyssal Area, but the space between the two is too little for the Sewer to be there. Furthermore, if the Sewer was between them you would've been able to see the Area from the Sewer too. So my conclusion is that the mystery part has to be the Abyssal area. But I can't find a place where the map of the Area looks like the map seen from the Sewer... Maybe someone (I'm f2p atm) can visit the Abyssal Area or even the Abyss, walk to the northwestern edge and look for the Varrock Sewers. A screenshot too would be great, so I can integrate it into my map ::'

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I'm having trouble placing the 'Varrock Sewers - Abyss' picture posted by Z8w. I myself made a map of the Abyss and Abyssal Area together, with help from a picture posted here by Homer205, but if I look at the piece of Abyss visible from Varrock Sewers, I can't place it anywhere! It has to be a northwest edge of either the Abyss or Abyssal Area, but the space between the two is too little for the Sewer to be there. Furthermore, if the Sewer was between them you would've been able to see the Area from the Sewer too. So my conclusion is that the mystery part has to be the Abyssal area. But I can't find a place where the map of the Area looks like the map seen from the Sewer... Maybe someone (I'm f2p atm) can visit the Abyssal Area or even the Abyss, walk to the northwestern edge and look for the Varrock Sewers. A screenshot too would be great, so I can integrate it into my map ::'

I'll go.

I found nothing special, sorry.

There *must* be some other red areas... but where? :?

A Soul's Bane's rift is partially red.

Edit: Did'nt jagex state in one of the summoning BTS that the water was tricky cause they had to move all of runescape to =1(where it currently is =0) to fit the water, but they in the end just made it =-1. Edit 2: HD BTS ofcourse.. #-o

I'll go.

I found nothing special, sorry.

There *must* be some other red areas... but where? :?

Thanks for you effort anyway, all in the name of knowledge :)

A Soul's Bane's rift is partially red.

You know, I think you're right! It would make sense, as that rift lies to the southeast of Varrock Sewers. Great! :thumbsup:

The map of Tolna's Dungeon perfectly lines up with the piece visible from the Sewers. Thanks man :D

Warriormonx, don't forget to change the hiding tag title of the 'Varrock Sewers - Abyss' picture, and I'd appreciate it if you'd credit mega Vegeta6, Tiigon... and me 8-).

P.S. If you're interested, I have made correct maps of Varrock Sewers - Dungeon of Tolna, and the two Abyssal Areas.

sighistorian.jpg

[hide=Unknown Area located by Pyramid Plunder, reddish color scheme, not seen ingame (still under development?)]Credit to llVIU171.png[/hide]

I believe thats Pest Control, by the Red Portal the ground turns Fleshy-Red. Or it's a Test-Control. Because, theres no Sea...

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

confirmed.png

confirmed.

the white area u see near arzinian mines is INDEED the temple knights training ground. case closed.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

[hide=Unknown Area located by Pyramid Plunder, reddish color scheme, not seen ingame (still under development?)]Credit to llVIU171.png[/hide]

I believe thats Pest Control, by the Red Portal the ground turns Fleshy-Red. Or it's a Test-Control. Because, theres no Sea...

Maybe the Gnomecopter copy? I don't know if that one's an island too.

sighistorian.jpg

Man, what a great page 11! :o

First off, Drazhar44, I am now extremely embarrassed that I never noticed this, as I go there lots of times. So, I will credit you for that for sure ;)

Mmmm...how silly I was...it makes perfect sense to be Tolna's Rift. Ehh, we learn from these mistakes.

Awesome work Hippodo, Tiigon, and Mega! I will edit the first post for sure!

Nice work xxxgod, I will add that :)

The Pest Control theory, to me, seems a possibility, but it looks to me as if it is a random square. I'll check out Gnomecopters, but that tile seems very barren and without any NPC/life.

hey warrior did you ever check out east of the teleportation matrix?

also let's go star hunting

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Would if I could but RS decides to give me Prison Pete instead of the matrix :(

I got my widescreen ready for the next time I get it ;)

I can't go on RS right now, but next time I'm online YES!!

if i get matrix i'll screen shot for you

i've been looking for someone to starhunt with all night

no one wants to

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Someone should make a transparent overlay of where the dungons are in relation to the real world. Like, we know most of the old places are right in relation to the world map.

Varrock dungon, edge, members dungon, karajma, agility arena, ect

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mod JackH of Tools says, I had to create an entirely new area below ground level that didn't previously exist. We nicknamed it 'The Underworld'.

RuneScape map squares currently only have four levels (numbered 0-3). Level 0 is ground level, level 3 is typically the roofs of the tallest buildings and the other two levels are different storeys. We started by making level 0 'The Underworld' and shifting the other levels up by one, so we had levels 0-4, says Mod JackH, but this caused too many issues with existing code: for example, teleport spells typically send your character to somewhere on level 0, and since level 0 was 'The Underworld', you'd teleport below ground level. We could have used this method, but issues like teleport code would have required too many fixes for it to be practical, says Mod JackH. After a rethink, we settled on hanging 'The Underworld' below ground level effectively making it level -1, Mod JackH continues. This method still caused its own problems, most notable of which were 'cracks': places where 'The Underworld' and the ground level didn't properly line up.

Deciding to create a whole new level is one thing, but creating all of the objects on that level is something else entirely. We had to find a way to model the bottom parts of everything in water shorelines, rocks, reeds, boats as only the top portions of those objects exist in the other detail modes. Mod Nick says, The Tools team built a system into our map editing software to automatically generate any ground underwater, which Graphics could then then tweak if they needed to."

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=727

I knew i'd read it before.

[hide=]hmmunknownroom.jpg[/hide]

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg13/Armybuilder/hmmunknownroom.jpg

I believe this is the dungeon for the observetory quest.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

[hide=]hmmunknownroom.jpg[/hide]

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg13/Armybuilder/hmmunknownroom.jpg

I believe this is the dungeon for the observetory quest.

Can't be, that one got a makeover and it's all grey and dark now...

Maybe it's best if you start by mentioning where you are ;)

EDIT: and your 'BOOM' signature contains a spelling error... it's 'there', not their

sighistorian.jpg

It would seem to me that you are in the Waterfall Dungeon and the strange dungeon is the Goblin Dungeon from Land of the Goblins, and One Small Favor, and some other quests. It's location makes sense spatially, but the level does not correspond, as the Waterfall level should be 1-2 levels higher.

Also, I went there and found that the quest version of the dungeon is adjacent to the post-quest version.

Hippodo, feel free to PM me that map you mentioned earlier :)

here you go warrior

no idea what it is

090119032350et3.png

[hide]

[/hide]