The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

I found a room I didn't recognize when I went to the Port Sarim rat pits for my Achievement Diary.

[hide=Image]PortSarimratpitsgreendoor.png[/hide]

Green door is leading me to think it is melzar's maze

They're close to each other, so theres not so much of a supprise there.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm not sure if the glitch still exists, but I remember when PoH's came out there were people who had a square of land on their property that said 60 wilderness when you stood on it. Perhaps PoH's too are actually in the wildy? :twisted:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Hey, a bit busy atm to search those those things, but while doing an achivement diary I found these:

[hide=mole lair -black area (north-east) and ocean (east)]175.png[/hide][hide=Part of some dream quest on lunar island where you gotta chop dream trees or something like that]176.png[/hide][hide=note how it tries to stop the players from seeing each other areas]177.png[/hide][hide=Another part from dream quest, you can tell by those star things]178.png[/hide][hide=Air altar - West is a black area, and past the trees it's an empty land]179.png[/hide][hide=Rat pits - North-west there's the house cellar from dragon slayer quest (in rimmington), besides that the hole rat pits is sorrounded by a brown area]180.png[/hide]

[hide=Taverly dungeon, north from ladder entrance, past skeletons and east gate with suits of armour, you can see the cart from the tunnel betwen taverly and catherbay/cammelot]181.png[/hide]

[hide=and east of it there's the cellar of that crazy witch]182.png[/hide]

Btw I think you can't make more than 10 hide tags in a single pots, that's why I think you're having problems... at least I had... maybe you should re-create the thread, but make several posts at the beggining, if you want to use all those hide tags, I can't guarantee anything though

[hide=north/east of magic axes room there's the faly mine]183.png[/hide][hide=East of black knights HQ there's just a brown area, and south of it there's that house in rimmington from dragon slayer quest (the same from rat pits image)]184.png[/hide][hide=There's also east from the draynor sewers ladder beneath that jail, the the H.A.M. ladder entrance]185.png[/hide]MOST INTERESTING OF ALL!!! I suspect this is underwater for the recepie of disaster sub-quest... but doesn't show the water, pic taken in the dungeon east of 99 smith guy turgo, the dungeon where you can kill wyverns (I think?), get bluerite ore, and kill ice giants/warriors

[hide=186]186.png[/hide][hide=187]187.png[/hide][hide=188]188.png[/hide][hide=This one is west of thurgo, the master 99 smither, I think it's the boat to that jewish no-weapon/armour island]189.png[/hide][hide=Also found in the dungeon west of sorcer's tower/south of archer guild/north of ardougne that when you enter through the ladder, in south there's this room (in the pic), you can get to it through the stairs west of ladder, and south of all this is the SAME room, but DARK!]190.png[/hide][hide=And even more south I think it's the arougne sewers]191.png[/hide]P.S. Warriormonkx you mean 18" (inches?) and mine is 23 I think, but the usage is pretty useless for me, it's the resolution that I'm interested in (mine is 1920x1200, window is 1903x557)

Oh my god you're good. O.O

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Here is something from the ice troll tunnels that lead from the ice gate in desert treasure and up to trollheim:

hmm13353.png

My screen cant stretch any far so if someone could go there? :P

I think it's from the dwarven city in lower part west, judging by that river and the examination, probably the path to the quest where you make a golden helm. It would also make sence since those ice caves and dwarf city are pretty close

Edit: yes, it shows the north river (west side) in your pic, http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=keldagrim.htm there's also the continuation of the tunnel even north

[hide=192]192.png[/hide]

Don't if it has been said yet, but every time I go into a dungeon and then click on the in game map, it takes me to Lumby swamps. To me, this means that all of the other dungeons surround Lumbridge caves, and they are all on the same level, accounting for sometimes seeing other caves. Just my opinion though.

Big_Stingman.png

Don't if it has been said yet, but every time I go into a dungeon and then click on the in game map, it takes me to Lumby swamps. To me, this means that all of the other dungeons surround Lumbridge caves, and they are all on the same level, accounting for sometimes seeing other caves. Just my opinion though.

That means my house is in lumbridge aswell? :?

I think that the Runescape World Map only displays the "Overworld" of Runescape.

Anything like inside caves, portal areas and quest areas bring you to lumbridge as its the first place you set foot to Runescape.

(Because they arent on the "Overworld" Runescape.)

Read this, this will help you!

I have done the same thing some time ago, and here is a few things I found out

1. Old areas align up with the upper ground. Make a transparency of Taverly dungeon, and put its two entrances together on the main world map, they fit up exactly. This leads me to believe that older dungons (that were made in rsc-early rs2) are acually on level -1. Level 0 is the main map, level -1 is some, if not most dungons, and level 1 would be roofs.

2. Previously, you were able to see the barrow tunnles from inside the barrow crypt. This was changed in the HD update, however, you can see the shade tomb from the tunnels. So either the crypt is on sublevel -1, and tunnels are on sublevel -2, because I don't see how anything else is possible.

3. Most dungeons, even though they are put "out of the way" in the black space, have sublevles in them. Take waterbirth island for example. You can see below you from rooms.

4. If a place DOES NOT have sublevles, you will not be able to see "floor" through ladder holes. You would only see black.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Wow, this reminds me of a time when I was a low level f2p :P

So basically I was killing moss giants and saw the other side (Edgeville dungeon?). I got all excited about my new find... until I saw the agility short cut :thumbsup:

But yeah, HD has showed Jagex's layout of the map and I doubt they will change it. It's a lot of work to reposition everything and have enough space to do so. I'm sure that Jagex will however make the new updates (new lands) different from this and you won't see this problem later on.

Perplexing, But I support the theory that Runescape is all 1 level, instead of "floors".

What this doesn't explain is the fact that if something is dropped on the floor below you in places like Varrock East Bank it shows on the "image" of the lower floor. This is where the "Uninhabited Varrock plane" next to the Clan Wars FFA comes into play. I think that, where applicable, items dropped in certain areas also get "duplicated" and placed on the corresponding area accordingly. A great example is Castle Wars where, if you go up the steps, you can see the arrows and other drops on the ground below you, but no people. (This only works on the main structures and not the wall obviously, but you see my meaning)

By this logic, we can also conclude that PCs, NPCs, interactable scenery, and resources share a "plane", whereas items have a different "plane" entirely.

This is how two people may fight the same NPC or gather the same resource simultaneously, but cannot pick up the same item.

Also, for a long time the cutscenes in Monkey Madness were glitched to where you could walk around these "Ethereal Planes" (as I will refer to them in future posts) and actually interact with some of the surroundings, including the subjects of the cutscene, which would always give the reply "null".

- This is actually smarter on JaGEx's part mainly because it is too cumbersome to have too many things going on in one spot, so they spread it out and make the game as a whole more efficient and less laggy. This is why you see many low-traffic areas tight together.

I will have to do more research, but I will be sure to post any more findings or areas where this phenomenon takes place.

1upsiggy.png

Proud owner of RECON. YES MLG FTFW! will eventually get my recon avvy, deal with it.

To above poster, when you bunch up writing like that, it makes people not want to read it, even if you make a really good point. Try making some paragraphs, looks more appealing and organzed. By your post count, you seem new, and it's just a tip (haha tip...tip.it :D).

Thanks for the advice, and i'm actually not new, I post a lot in BlogScape and that doesn't raise post count -.- . But yeah, I'll edit it :D .

1upsiggy.png

Proud owner of RECON. YES MLG FTFW! will eventually get my recon avvy, deal with it.

llVIU, I love your resolution, I can't wait to get back from vacation, I have the same resolution at home :twss:

I'm going to try something now to upload images, hopefully it'll work.

That means my house is in lumbridge aswell? :?

I think that the Runescape World Map only displays the "Overworld" of Runescape.

Anything like inside caves, portal areas and quest areas bring you to lumbridge as its the first place you set foot to Runescape.

(Because they arent on the "Overworld" Runescape.)

This has been my theory for awhile. Maybe I should try if it centers on Lumbridge if you are in the 2nd floor of a building.

Read this, this will help you!

I have done the same thing some time ago, and here is a few things I found out

1. Old areas align up with the upper ground. Make a transparency of Taverly dungeon, and put its two entrances together on the main world map, they fit up exactly. This leads me to believe that older dungons (that were made in rsc-early rs2) are acually on level -1. Level 0 is the main map, level -1 is some, if not most dungons, and level 1 would be roofs.

2. Previously, you were able to see the barrow tunnles from inside the barrow crypt. This was changed in the HD update, however, you can see the shade tomb from the tunnels. So either the crypt is on sublevel -1, and tunnels are on sublevel -2, because I don't see how anything else is possible.

3. Most dungeons, even though they are put "out of the way" in the black space, have sublevles in them. Take waterbirth island for example. You can see below you from rooms.

4. If a place DOES NOT have sublevles, you will not be able to see "floor" through ladder holes. You would only see black.

That would explain a lot about some dungeons I've been to. For instance, like you said, the ladder to the water obelisk lines up perfectly with the island by Catherby. However, Waterbirth exits and entrances are way off (the exit is NOT anywhere near the lighthouse, yet you end up there).

There are some dungeons where there is black, some with sublevels, I'll get example pics as soon as possible.

Perplexing, But I support the theory that Runescape is all 1 level, instead of "floors".

What this doesn't explain is the fact that if something is dropped on the floor below you in places like Varrock East Bank it shows on the "image" of the lower floor. This is where the "Uninhabited Varrock plane" next to the Clan Wars FFA comes into play. I think that, where applicable, items dropped in certain areas also get "duplicated" and placed on the corresponding area accordingly. A great example is Castle Wars where, if you go up the steps, you can see the arrows and other drops on the ground below you, but no people. (This only works on the main structures and not the wall obviously, but you see my meaning)

By this logic, we can also conclude that PCs, NPCs, interactable scenery, and resources share a "plane", whereas items have a different "plane" entirely.

This is how two people may fight the same NPC or gather the same resource simultaneously, but cannot pick up the same item.

Also, for a long time the cutscenes in Monkey Madness were glitched to where you could walk around these "Ethereal Planes" (as I will refer to them in future posts) and actually interact with some of the surroundings, including the subjects of the cutscene, which would always give the reply "null".

- This is actually smarter on JaGEx's part mainly because it is too cumbersome to have too many things going on in one spot, so they spread it out and make the game as a whole more efficient and less laggy. This is why you see many low-traffic areas tight together.

I will have to do more research, but I will be sure to post any more findings or areas where this phenomenon takes place.

Awesome theory :thumbup: and it reminds me, there is something by the Gnome Mage in the marim Dungeon that is from a cutscene (inaccessible). I'll get a pic of it.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I think that, where applicable, items dropped in certain areas also get "duplicated" and placed on the corresponding area accordingly. A great example is Castle Wars where, if you go up the steps, you can see the arrows and other drops on the ground below you.

Like this?:

081214143638we6.png

zuzmo.png

collio.png

a few years back there was a bug that allowed you to attack other players in the abyssal demon area in the morytania slayer tower, but only with spells, i think the most common explanation is that it was in fact located over the wilderness, and the PvP portion got carried over accidentally.

also, you can see another dungeon below you in the maze under the barrows, from a certain place, and its waaaaay down there.

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

Before Runescape was HD, the screen sizes where much smaller meaning Jagex could use areas as quick teleport spots and these several "plains" are actually all next to each other. You notice how when you return from a random event you suddenly swich and look in a random direction. THAT direction is where the random event planes are. This is probably how Jagex first made Runescape and when the sceen size was smaller, no one could notice that everything was next to each other.

Quest Cape Since 8/9/07

dancool_938.png