The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

mapkh4.th.png

Strange blinking lights seen from Stronghold of Security's first level.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

here's someting actualy helpful for your long useless debate, look at mage training arena pics and trollheim (215)

And mackenzie14, I think it's from lunar quest, I'll go there now and post pic

[hide=this is taken in ape atoll @ zombie monkey cave beneath temple]196.png[/hide][hide=ape atoll @ agility course cave at the top, that's probably the snake cave from crash island]197.png[/hide][hide=Mage training arena - bone yard - you can see the haunted mining caves]198.png[/hide][hide=MTA - BY - the cave from a quest where you have to go through a waterfal in the desert (just east of desert gate to deep desert)]199.png[/hide][hide=MTA - BY - dorgeshuun city entrance cave, far east of lumby cellar]200.png[/hide][hide=MTA - BY - one of the Telekenises rooms]201.png[/hide][hide=MTA - alching room - the SAME cave, SAME spot, but from a higher level]202.png[/hide][hide=MTA - AR - the same dorgeshuun spot, obviously also from a higher level]203.png[/hide][hide=MTA - AR - you can see the AR is above another room, probably BY]204.png[/hide][hide=MTA - enchant room - the same haunted mines spot in previous pic, but this is from a lower level (so ER is lower than BY)]205.png[/hide][hide=MTA - ER - another version of TR (east, see pic 208)]206.png[/hide][hide=MTA - ER - same dorgeshuun spot, from a lower level]207.png[/hide][hide=MTA - ER -another version of TR (this is west, see pic 206)]208.png[/hide]

From all telekenises rooms I couldn't see almost anything, so they're isolated from all other things unlike the other rooms (ER,BY and AR), and basically most of those rooms are STACKED

[hide=gnome grand tree, special mine under the tree, in north]209.png[/hide][hide=gnome grand tree, also the cave under the tree, this is the south-west corner of the caves, the area that you see might be from the goblin idiot that makes crystal saw]210.png[/hide][hide=still those caves, all I know is that it's not from that goblin idiot]211.png[/hide][hide=this is from that goblin idiot that makes crystal saw or whatever (south-west hidden house), the area there with the stairs might be from underground quest, that big part - 2, where you can fall down, in the south-east corner where you gotta burn some sarcophar or something like that, the area continues north]212.png[/hide][hide=troll stronghold, where herb patch is located, north of troll general room there's the beggining of the big dwarf city, you take the boat up to the city from that point there]213.png[/hide][hide=Same thing as 213]214.png[/hide][hide=bellow troll general room, the kitchen - look at the incomplete black square area, it tries to hide the level bellow but fails]215.png[/hide]

[hide=Same thing as 213 and 214]216.png[/hide]

Got some more pics while doing it, but didn't search everywhere in the stronghold of security

[hide=another angle for that pic in stronghold of security]217.png[/hide][hide=this is all I could get from that spot, it's in the south-west corner, I'm pretty sure it's from that lunar dream quest though]218.png[/hide][hide=some weird square-like black area in south-east corner]219.png[/hide][hide=probably tzhaar caves, might be something else]220.png[/hide]

P.S. in the first/main post you might wanna edit those pics again, some tags are messed up and others have no description :o

Edited the image tags.

So I suppose it is much more logical to think that all the dungeons/random event areas a bunched together somewhere north/south/east/west of the world map. It wouldn't make sense to say that the Lunar dream world was under Barbarian village/Falador, it would make more sense to say the Security Stronghold and the Mole Lair weren't underneath their entrances. I wonder if there is a way to test this with familiars/NPCs using the facing direction method that was posted above.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I don't know if this was posted somewhere in this topic but the Fist of Guthix entrance room (where Fiara, the bank, etc are) is in lvl 260 Wilderness! :shock:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I don't know if this was posted somewhere in this topic but the Fist of Guthix entrance room (where Fiara, the bank, etc are) is in lvl 260 Wilderness! :shock:

It was posted that it was a high level, but thanks for the actual level!

:shock: Is it the same thing where it shows the wild level for a split second?

I remember ages ago in the myreque tunnels under the hollows you could see the hideout with all 6 members, the hideout with 4 members and 2 bloodstains, and the empty hideout all from each other.

might have been changed or not idk, sorry for no pics lol.

I'm not sure, but I think it's just a scrap land (leftover/trash) or it may be used to set certain triggers (for example when a player enters an area he might be first teleported to an empty, easy to load area, while his screen shows "loading - please wait", then be teleported to the place where he was going to - in this case that impling minigame), but that's just a theory, I found lots of places like those including rc mines (see previous pics)

[hide=frog event cave - unknown area to me]221.png[/hide][hide=same as above]222.png[/hide][hide=the 4 pyramid plunder starting rooms are above all the 8 other rooms where you actually steal]227.png[/hide]

[hide=Same as above]228.png[/hide]

[hide=I was able to see those lower levels because the camera got inside some black cube thing, you couldn't see its shape at all but I made the edges red so you can get an idea.. who knows why it was put there]229.png[/hide][hide=some weird hill thing, could it be from another dungeon but hidden away in black?]230.png[/hide]

[hide=terrain level miscalculations, they weren't placed properly so now you can see through it, this may be usefull to see extremly hidden areas ;)]a><!-- m -->[/hide]

[hide=this is how it can help - because of the terrain level miscalculation you can see (probably) one of the other 3 pyramid plunder starting rooms, however it doesn't show on minimap, and it's hidden away using a black wall of some sort]232.png[/hide]

[hide=the same quest place thing from one of my earliest pics in this thread]233.png[/hide]

Also, the 8 pyramid plunder rooms are placed like this:

@#####$

#1#2#3#

#4##5#%

#6#7#8

@=gray area, look at previous pics

$=quest area thing, look at previous pics

%=christmass event 2005, look at previous pics, but I took pic from one of the 4 mini-game starting rooms

1-8 = thieving rooms 1 through 8

Pyramid Plunder is definitely not under Sophanem, seeing as that Quest Area is Keldagrim (or maybe Keldagrim is not where it should be, vice versa, we can't confirm exact locations, we can only know its position relative to others) .

The "terrain errors" as you call them are an interesting find, and that random hill is definitely there for a reason. PP is in sublevel 0 anyone? If anything, from that view of Keldagrim, it is above ground.

The idea about scrap loading areas is interesting. Developers didn't want to delete a random snow/water area? Hmmm :?

Excellent pics, as always :D

It's kinda interesting how sloppy Jagex got with placing these underground area's.

What's more interesting is some of these people's screen resolutions to get this SUPER wide screen view of Runescape.

~ Captainkidd

Well, I don't know if this has been posted before, but there are a few ways to check your position on the map. First one is using the locate option on the talismans, and the secon one is calling your slayer master with the gem, you'll point to their location if you do. Another thing might be the navigation tools, but i'm not sure they work in dungeons.

If we were to try those in all dungeons, we might figure out the exact locations on the 'real world map'.

Yeah thanks for that tip, I've been doing the slayer master gem method in many dungeons. I haven't yet posted the results, I'm waiting to get several more first ;)

Wow what a nice topic this is! I encountered these sorts of mysteries too, always kept me thinking...

Wouldn't it be an idea to just start making a True World Map? (I don't know if it has been suggested before) For example, if we know that a certain random event is positioned next to a random minigame, we copy and paste the minimap, and with all the gathered minimap pieces maybe we can construct a full map :-k Just a thought.

Oh and btw, the screenshots of 'possible Contact-related dungeons' make me think of Waterbirth Dungeon. I'm not sure though, I've only been there myself once. Anyway, great topic =D>

EDIT: I just read page 2 and saw the creator come up with the same idea... :oops: Ah well, great minds think alike eh? :lol:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

:D What a great idea! Only really smart people who are very awesome think of things like that. :twss: Like that thread author. :twss: :twss:

Thanks for the Waterbirth idea, I'm seeing if I can confirm this by going to waterbirth and looking around.

After I get around 100+ pics, I do plan to make a true world map as it is, it'll take awhile though :oops: