The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

Oh my. Nice find. My guess is it is another random event area, but where....

My theory is that Randoms are all together at one part of the map. This could either be another random area, or the Matrix is at the end of it, and this is the start of the world :o

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Oh my. Nice find. My guess is it is another random event area, but where....

My theory is that Randoms are all together at one part of the map. This could either be another random area, or the Matrix is at the end of it, and this is the start of the world :o

nothing shown on the minimap...my guess it's a dungeon. it has brownish cave color

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Edge of the Kharidian Desert?

In my opinion the color is misleading, as most of it is due to the lighting effects and background color. I will try to take a picture with these turned off.

In my opinion the color is misleading, as most of it is due to the lighting effects and background color. I will try to take a picture with these turned off.

Erm... Kharidian Desert...?

2dgucz6.png

?

?

Oh, sorry. Strangely, I thought you had said dungeon, and then I repeated it myself...

Anyway, I think that one or more of the transportation eagle lairs may have alternate planes in view.

2dgucz6.png

Yeah, sorry I couldn't be more specific. I just remember wandering around on a PvP world a few days after they came out and seeing that. I think it may have been a part of an icy dungeon I saw, but it's all quite vague.

2dgucz6.png

Like all relatively new areas, they are probably stuck somewhere north of the wilderness.

And sorry I have not been as completely active on this thread as I should, I have finally finished my Revenant guide that I was working on! :)

Lulz, Warrior you're a narb

I'm reading your ancestral bones guide

I'll help out by posting any odd areas i see even though i'm still not personally that interested in how the dungeon plane is laid out. I guess i can understand why some people would be.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

This thread could use a good post...

I've been looking around the various Runecrafting Altars (only the f2p ones really, as I'm not a member :x ), and I've seen some interesting stuff... Ofcourse I saw the Air Altar from the Mind Altar, and the Fire Altar from the Earth Altar, but that's already been mentioned in this thread. A new thing is that I could see something else south of the Earth Altar, probably the Air Altar, but I can't be sure. All I see is a few squares of grass :? . Also, I could see a weird black floor west of the Air Altar, but I don't think we can do anything with that. i'll post it anyway:

airaltarblackyp8.png

Something new I found were the two basements of Draynor Manor, which lie closely next to eachother, but not in the good order. The eastern basement lies west of the other, if you understand. Here's a picture:

countdraynormanorbasemezg5.png

You can see the Dwarven Mine below Falador from Count Draynor's basement too:

dwarvenminecountdraynorwt7.png

And finally, you can see Taverley Dungeon from the Dwarven Mine:

dwarvenminetaverleydungnw8.png

All and all fairly logical if you look at it geographically, except for the two Draynor Manor basements being swapped ::'

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Very nice pictures, etc.

I'm not sure how to put images on, but if you go west of the Ardougne dock, go down into the dungeon, and go into the top left corner of the room, you can see what looks like part of Varrock sewers.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

Very nice pictures, etc.

I'm not sure how to put images on, but if you go west of the Ardougne dock, go down into the dungeon, and go into the top left corner of the room, you can see what looks like part of Varrock sewers.

Just to be sure: Do you really mean west of Ardougne docks, aka the Ardougne Sewers, as I relatively often see people mistaking west for east and vice versa. Because if you made that mistake, and you actually meant east of Ardougne dock, then you're talking about Witchhaven dungeon.

sighistorian.jpg

I was fighting in the stronghold of security and I got whisked away to a freaky forrester random and I ran north west... which would suggest that it is placed somewhere south of the SoS... just something I remembered from yesterday.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

[hide=]shipnearardy.jpg[/hide]

I saw this in Ardy Rat Pits. Looks like some sort of... ship? :?

Weird... Have you extended your screen as much as possible?

sighistorian.jpg

shipnearardy.jpg

I saw this in Ardy Rat Pits. Looks like some sort of... ship? :?

whoa...i was thinking like for a quest when ur underwater or something :|

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Maybe jagex's just trying to save some space by putting stuff next to each other, anyways it's always fun to watch these kind of stuff, keep it up people :D

@rat pits pic:

That's odd o_O, maybe you should take again and save as PNG, so it doesn't lose quality on upload

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Maybe jagex's just trying to save some space by putting stuff next to each other, anyways it's always fun to watch these kind of stuff, keep it up people :D

@rat pits pic:

That's odd o_O, maybe you should take again and save as PNG, so it doesn't lose quality on upload

[hide=]ardyweird.png[/hide]

Seems to be much more clear without fullscreen...

@rat pits pic:

[hide=]ardyweird.png[/hide]

That was what I meant in my last post, with extending. Fullscreen is all nice, but you can manipulate an internet browser to show more ;) Btw I have no idea what this could be... :? It does look like a boat, as mentioned before, but are we sure? It could be something else... Although the map doesn't really suggest a hallway imo. Maybe someone should check out the underground areas of West Ardougne, both the Temple of Light area and especially the old basements of the city. Those basements and the Rat Pits are both old places, and Jagex used to try and place dungeons as correct as possible.

Keep up the good work all :)

sighistorian.jpg

@rat pits pic:

[hide=]Image that won't load because I took it out hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha okay maybe it wasn't that funny sorry I'm a bit bored and nobody will probably even read this anyway :( :([/hide]

That was what I meant in my last post, with extending. Fullscreen is all nice, but you can manipulate an internet browser to show more ;) Btw I have no idea what this could be... :? It does look like a boat, as mentioned before, but are we sure? It could be something else... Although the map doesn't really suggest a hallway imo. Maybe someone should check out the underground areas of West Ardougne, both the Temple of Light area and especially the old basements of the city. Those basements and the Rat Pits are both old places, and Jagex used to try and place dungeons as correct as possible.

I went there myself, and to me, that looks like a cavern wall, and is most likely the Dark Beast caverns leading up to the Temple of Light.

How does it look like a boat? :?

@rat pits pic:

[hide=]Image that won't load because I took it out hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha okay maybe it wasn't that funny sorry I'm a bit bored and nobody will probably even read this anyway :( :([/hide]

I went there myself, and to me, that looks like a cavern wall, and is most likely the Dark Beast caverns leading up to the Temple of Light.

How does it look like a boat? :?

It's shaped like a boat. But yes, it most probably is a cave wall.