The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

LOLWAT.png

I know a similar pictures been posted, but not of what appears to be a slightly grey-er bit, which may be a waterfall :?

Maybe the woodland plane, as they all came out the same time

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The starflower plane could also be the end of the Fairy Ring plane area and maybe if we knew which ocean that was, that gray area would be easier to figure out.

I'll work on this.

So far I have relative positions of 75% of every area we know about. Most of them are north of the wilderness but others are south of Kharid Desert. All these pictures we've gathered are starting to make more sense :D

I will also be taking coordinates of the Temple Trekking areas, to locate their location and finally figure out where all those areas are.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Im going to post a list of what I think are at their respective ground-level locations.

Wildy

fire giant dungon in wildy

mage arena underground

lava maze, both parts. Not including KBD area.

Chaos tunnels

F2P general area

dwarven mine

edgeville dungon

varrock sewer

varrock bank

draynor manor underground area

wizards tower underground

lumby cellar/swamp slayer dungon/goblin mine (all are one area)

Entrana dungon

Taverly dungon

crandor/karajma dungon

brimhaven agility arena

Wyvern dungon

Members Mainland

Troll Stronghold

Keldagrim(it is there, but much more morth then troll stronghold)

rellekka slayer dungon

Wolf Mountain underpass

Heros guild (can see ice area under mountain)

under white wolf mountain (can see heros guild)

Temple of Ikov

Goblin place near fishing guild

(Waterfall dungon is HIGHLY debatable, as there are several versions of it, as it is instanced. I think it is in the general area though, so worth of a mention)

Grand tree dungon/mine? I don't remember, but I think it is right

The small mine/sewer under Ardougne

Tree Gnome underparts

Clocktower cellar

Yanille herb dungon

Wizards guild cellar (can see the two from eachother)

Ape atoll zombie dungon (I think, its about the size as the island, so they would take up the same space?)

Crash island underground? (possibly, as it is small)

Two dungeons in south east desert, north of the swamp? I doubt these, as they are somewhat large and are all instanced

Ancient pyramid, it is in the general area, and there are multiple floors.

It also goes along with pyramid plunder being in the general area.

Smoke dungeon, with dust devils used in DT. Proof, because..

Desert mining camp, because you can see the previous one

Mos le harmless cave horror place. Why not? The dungeon lines up with all 3 entrances, and it is as big as the whole of the island

Expierement dungeon, you can see..

Werewolf agility arena from it.

myresque dungeon, lines up PERFECT with..

Myreditch-blood alter pathway. It is a perfect fit, putting the blood alter smack dab under the castle

Barrows tunnels, as you can see

mortton shade tombs from it

abandoned mine, possibly. At least one of the areas. The others can be put under the duel arena, EASY

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT

-The relation of the barrow tombs to the tunnels. I believe that they are one level above that, because you used to be able to see the tunnels below you from veracs tomb.

-Relation of the second floor of KQ room to the main room, and relation of both to existing dungeon maps

-I believe lost city USED to be where is is, physicaly, but after the update and the other things placed in that area and some of the re-shaping of the area, it is no longer there, but used to be. The entrance and exit matched up with the shack and al kharid bank

-some of the Tut-isle undergrounds. Although only members can use full screen, I doubt we'll find this soon

-The poison waste sewer with warped things. They are in the same "area" but some bits of it are on higher levles.

-The ogre enclave area. I believe there are two. The first one if the pre-quest area, which is not instanced. It is next to the real area.

Temple Treking is alot of small, instanced areas. They are probaly next to eachother, because the minimap is blacked out when you are in there

Has anyone said anything about the dungeon full of pyrefiends and fire elementals that can be seen from the desert mining camp dungeon in Tourist Trap?

That's the Smoke Dungeon, and it makes sense that it is south of the Tourist Trap dungeon ::'

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

[hide=Underground Karamja Mountains (Agility Arena?)]oddmountains.png[/hide]

The dungeon beside the Unerground Karamja Mountains is Brimhaven Dungeon (where you pay 875gp to enter, one with metal dragons). The pryamid-shape on the minimap is the entrance to the dungeon.

Ive noticed the ones from the dungeon with Corporal Beast before, including the 107 Wilderness. I think that it shows 107 Wilderness because the map system is set to calculate how far north the plane is on the actual map.

Im not sure if you said this, but I think that RuneScape has no "dungeons" or underground levels. I think its all just the ground floor and the floors above ground level.

Im going F2P soon, and this will give me time to look for some. I really like this thread. :twss:

Im going to post a list of what I think are at their respective ground-level locations.

The small mine/sewer under Ardougne I think after Rat Pits, this dungeon was moved from its realistic location, as it connects with the Rat Pits dungeons which seem to be next to each other.

Crash island underground?This is actually next to Clan Wars FFA

It also goes along with pyramid plunder being in the general area.Either lots of random places are next to Pyramid Plunder, or Pyramid Plunder is north of the Wild as well

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT

-The relation of the barrow tombs to the tunnels. I believe that they are one level above that, because you used to be able to see the tunnels below you from veracs tomb.Scouting now :)

-Relation of the second floor of KQ room to the main room, and relation of both to existing dungeon mapsMost likely accurate as it is an old dungeon, nevertheless I shall go there

-I believe lost city USED to be where is is, physicaly, but after the update and the other things placed in that area and some of the re-shaping of the area, it is no longer there, but used to be. The entrance and exit matched up with the shack and al kharid bankGood thought, I agree

-The poison waste sewer with warped things. They are in the same "area" but some bits of it are on higher levles.Pic taken, it is assumed to be next to the body of water south of the Dungeon Entrance

[hide=Underground Karamja Mountains (Agility Arena?)]

The dungeon beside the Unerground Karamja Mountains is Brimhaven Dungeon (where you pay 875gp to enter, one with metal dragons). The pryamid-shape on the minimap is the entrance to the dungeon.Checked this, seems that Brimhaven Dungeon entrance is very different on the minimap, still thinking it is the Agility Arena since it's more logical for older areas to be accurate, open to being proved wrong ;)

Im not sure if you said this, but I think that RuneScape has no "dungeons" or underground levels. I think its all just the ground floor and the floors above ground level.Indeed, that is the main theory of this thread :)

Im going F2P soon, and this will give me time to look for some. I really like this thread. Thanks!:twss:

Comments in bold :)

Off to Temple Trekking now!

Hey guys theres one in tavelry dungeon. I got credit ok. ill put a pic if you will explain how

wither_slick.gif

wither_slick.png

It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong. - Voltaire

Behind this mask there is more then flesh, there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof. - V

When the time comes, Don't hesitate, Just Act. - Wolf O Donnal - Star Fox Assault.

The dungeon beside the Unerground Karamja Mountains is Brimhaven Dungeon (where you pay 875gp to enter, one with metal dragons). The pryamid-shape on the minimap is the entrance to the dungeon.Checked this, seems that Brimhaven Dungeon entrance is very different on the minimap, still thinking it is the Agility Arena since it's more logical for older areas to be accurate, open to being proved wrong ;)

Im not sure if you said this, but I think that RuneScape has no "dungeons" or underground levels. I think its all just the ground floor and the floors above ground level.Indeed, that is the main theory of this thread :)

Im going F2P soon, and this will give me time to look for some. I really like this thread. Thanks!:twss:

Did you check the minimap on Tip.It or in game? Because I was just recently there, and the look changed. The minimap on Tip.It is outdated, and the newer one looks exactly like the one in the picture. Please to and check it out, if not, then Ill go =).

Thanks Rafiki! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Did you check the minimap on Tip.It or in game? Because I was just recently there, and the look changed. The minimap on Tip.It is outdated, and the newer one looks exactly like the one in the picture. Please to and check it out, if not, then Ill go =).

They are similar, but I can confirm that what we see is Karamja Agility Arena. This is what Brimhaven looks like, and the AA can also be seen here. I went to the AA and the Jogre Dungeon and the Crandor Dungeons can both be seen, as well as the pyramid area. It was a good thought though :)

Trip to Brimhaven:

brimmwtfed2.png

This is one of the coolest threads i have ever seen.

EDIT: go to tavelry dungon and look near the chaos druids

wither_slick.gif

wither_slick.png

It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong. - Voltaire

Behind this mask there is more then flesh, there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof. - V

When the time comes, Don't hesitate, Just Act. - Wolf O Donnal - Star Fox Assault.

Anyone wonder what the checked boxes r for? i think u get teled into those when u enter places like dungeons or zanaris, and they r right next to the places that r shown in the background. or they could just be glitches. :-k

Paragon.png

Wow, awesome! Hot Topic! (just noticed, :lol: ) No wonder more people posted all of a sudden.

see how most of the places underground like that or ex : mage arena bank is located under lumbridge swamps or the zanaris shack
The in game world map will automatically center on Lumbridge Swamp if you are underground ;)
This is one of the coolest threads i have ever seen.

EDIT: go to tavelry dungon and look near the chaos druids

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I will scout that area' date=' although a picture from you would be preferred :D

Gavati, great find, what resolution do you have? If I have a bigger one I may get a pic myself.

Anyone wonder what the checked boxes r for? i think u get teled into those when u enter places like dungeons or zanaris, and they r right next to the places that r shown in the background. or they could just be glitches. :-k
Checked boxes? I'm not sure what you mean, although I'm very tired, hehe :P
I knew alot of Map Corners' date=' but the poster named them all! =D>[/quote']

Don't stop looking! :P